Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post
Market Place

Add an ad

View all ads

Latest topics

» LOTUS TOWER economy
by Teller Today at 4:41 pm

» AAIC - Profit over one billion!!!!!
by Teller Today at 4:16 pm

» Market again heading to 4800? :D
by Teller Today at 4:15 pm

» CFVF.N0000 -Deal to be happned on Next week?
by Teller Today at 4:12 pm

» RWSL can hit 3.10 LKR
by Teller Today at 4:06 pm

» Look PAP Amazing company
by Teller Today at 4:01 pm

» GOOD SHARES TO BUY
by Teller Today at 10:19 am

» BIL පුපුරා යාමට ආසන්නයි
by Equityinvestor Today at 9:43 am

» Massive Fraud At AEL subsidiry
by Beta1 Today at 8:23 am

» AEL Target price Rs 24
by rukshan1234 Yesterday at 11:35 pm

» TKYO X Target prce Rs.32.50
by rukshan1234 Yesterday at 11:31 pm

» Positive News
by Promoney Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» Bansei Royal Resorts BRR up 23%
by Invest-Wise Yesterday at 4:52 pm

» RAL....RAL, Renuka Agri
by nirowat Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» Just About Prima Glass – GLAS
by KOLAA Yesterday at 1:18 pm

» LOOKOUT FOR SIRA
by Eugine Fernando Yesterday at 12:51 pm

» SEMB.N predictions
by 4Corners Yesterday at 10:14 am

» FORUM POLITICIANS
by CITIZEN Yesterday at 10:10 am

» After Advanced level what is
by lankaspeaker Yesterday at 9:57 am

» PRESIDENT ELECTION
by Ahcha Yesterday at 7:21 am

» Why AAIC Should trade above RS.50/-
by wisdom79 Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:56 pm

» Stupid fucking UNP and ranils ass hole economics
by samaritan Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:14 pm

» KAPI (MDT Walkers PLc)
by samaritan Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:12 pm

» Learn To Invest Yourself.
by Asoka Samarakone Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:56 pm

» DIVIDEND UPDATES Link
by Beta1 Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:12 pm

» lOFC definitely will hit 6/-
by Teller Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:04 am

» Renuka managemnt Treat SH as Trash
by Sanju121 Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:36 pm

» Blue Diamonds Voting & Non Voting
by Ahcha Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:35 am

» MULL trade up possibilities
by crs Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:22 pm

» MARA marai
by SECsux Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:22 pm

» SLTL REVALUATION OF ASSETS IS ON............
by Eng Krishantha Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:06 pm

» LIOC shares
by lakmal Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:47 pm

» JKH will touch 175 very soon
by Rare Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:10 am

» ඇවන්ගාඩ් අල්ලස් නඩුවෙන් ගෝඨාභය නිදහස්
by samansilva Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:25 am

» Invest AEL and TKYO return more than 30%...
by samaritan Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:15 pm

» Watch Out for MAL.X
by Cricketman Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:56 pm

» LOOKOUT FOR GLASS
by Sanju121 Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:02 pm

» NEXT RUN LDEV
by Sanju121 Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:28 pm

» BIL. N mandatory offer at Rs 6.80
by Equityinvestor Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:05 pm

» PAP vs RAL
by Teller Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:04 am

» RAL AND KZOO
by Ahcha Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:40 am

» RENUKA CAPITAL PLC KZOO.N0000@2.80
by ThilinaM Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:56 am

» PIRAMAL GLASS (GLAS)
by Sanju121 Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:45 am


You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » Shares that should not be trading at CSE

Shares that should not be trading at CSE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Shares  that should not be trading at CSE Empty Shares that should not be trading at CSE on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:58 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Lets face it. Any share ( good or bad) can have a run due to speculation. When it illiquid it can be manipulated up easily if some one/s pushes it. We have see this . If someone ask when , safest answer would be when the environment and time is right.

I am more comfortable to buy/sell shares that I know the company has a future and that the buyer from me can gain if held long enough. But there are share at CSE which should not be trading. Buying these shares is just passing the ball to another along with a headache ( possibly with a higher threat of being delisted )

These shares should not be trading or delisted until a proper recovery plan is put forward.


Here is one . Can you guess

X share is trading over 2 times - ( negative ) assert value.
this year loss is greater than the current share price !!!
Never earned profit for several years.




What are the others? Can you name them so the new comers are aware.

ps : Now don;t say no share is crap and if you get in at the correct time you can gain. Yes. But please look at my argument above. Gain ethical money will last longer.






2Shares  that should not be trading at CSE Empty Re: Shares that should not be trading at CSE on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:21 pm

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
I think all the oil palm companies ( except the big boy) should be removed from CSE.

As Stands now (07/11/12) market cap of DIMO is 0.29%

But Good hope (GOOD), a company which you cannot buy 1000 shares without moving the price up (in a single day) has a market cap of 0.39%
+
SELINSING PLC(SELI.N0000)= Market CAP 0.36%
THE INDO MALAY PLC(INDO.N0000) = market cap 0.46%
SHALIMAR (MALAY) PLC(SHAL.N0000) = Market cap 0.32%

That's really unfair.

3Shares  that should not be trading at CSE Empty Re: Shares that should not be trading at CSE on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:57 pm

klpfernando


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
THE FINANCE

4Shares  that should not be trading at CSE Empty Re: Shares that should not be trading at CSE on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:03 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@klpfernando wrote:THE FINANCE


Good guess but not quite. Atleast TFC seems to be having a plan for recovery.
This share is trading much higher than TFC market pric . Also

X share is trading over 2 times - ( negative ) assert value.
this year loss is greater than the current share price !!!

5Shares  that should not be trading at CSE Empty Re: Shares that should not be trading at CSE on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:14 pm

ranferdi

ranferdi
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:
@klpfernando wrote:THE FINANCE


Good guess but not quite. Atleast TFC seems to be having a plan for recovery.
This share is trading much higher than TFC market pric . Also

X share is trading over 2 times - ( negative ) assert value.
this year loss is greater than the current share price !!!

BLUE.X.................

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

6Shares  that should not be trading at CSE Empty Re: Shares that should not be trading at CSE on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:29 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@ranferdi wrote:
@slstock wrote:
@klpfernando wrote:THE FINANCE


Good guess but not quite. Atleast TFC seems to be having a plan for recovery.
This share is trading much higher than TFC market pric . Also

X share is trading over 2 times - ( negative ) assert value.
this year loss is greater than the current share price !!!

BLUE.X.................

Not quite. Much much worse. Very much higher in price. Higher than price of TFC at Rs 20 .

7Shares  that should not be trading at CSE Empty Re: Shares that should not be trading at CSE on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:44 pm

Backstage

Backstage
Moderator
Moderator
AGSTX

8Shares  that should not be trading at CSE Empty Re: Shares that should not be trading at CSE on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:51 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@Backstage wrote:AGSTX

AGST atleast have a on going business with decent earnings isn't it. Also it assert value is very much positive .

But speaking of AGST.X interestingly it is owned by 3 parties. So it is not trading on CSE at the most.

Good try.

9Shares  that should not be trading at CSE Empty Re: Shares that should not be trading at CSE on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:01 pm

cse.alpha


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
BINN ?

No hotel, just bare land, lots of debt due to parent Banyan Tree and accumulated losses with high negative book value

10Shares  that should not be trading at CSE Empty Re: Shares that should not be trading at CSE on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:52 pm

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@cse.alpha wrote:BINN ?

No hotel, just bare land, lots of debt due to parent Banyan Tree and accumulated losses with high negative book value

cse.alpha
A very warm welcome back to the forum.!

11Shares  that should not be trading at CSE Empty Re: Shares that should not be trading at CSE on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:09 pm

Backstage

Backstage
Moderator
Moderator
@cse.alpha wrote:BINN ?

No hotel, just bare land, lots of debt due to parent Banyan Tree and accumulated losses with high negative book value

BINN was my first choice but I thought we were looking for a nonvoting share, maybe I read SLS wrong about the X share.

12Shares  that should not be trading at CSE Empty Re: Shares that should not be trading at CSE on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:11 pm

blackcats


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
BERU.N ????

13Shares  that should not be trading at CSE Empty Re: Shares that should not be trading at CSE on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:54 pm

m2_yapa

m2_yapa
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
CINS.X

14Shares  that should not be trading at CSE Empty Re: Shares that should not be trading at CSE on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:22 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@Backstage wrote:
@cse.alpha wrote:BINN ?

No hotel, just bare land, lots of debt due to parent Banyan Tree and accumulated losses with high negative book value

BINN was my first choice but I thought we were looking for a nonvoting share, maybe I read SLS wrong about the X share.


Welcome back cse.alpha.

Actually BINN is the answer. ( X was just a random symbol. Sorry for the confusion).

Trading at Rs 75
NAV is - Rs 184
6 month earnings -92( higher than tradign price)

Like Cse.Alpha said , no business just a piece of land . Tsunami took the building.

15Shares  that should not be trading at CSE Empty Re: Shares that should not be trading at CSE on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:44 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Thanks for all the answers. This post should goive us somethign new to think about. Every one is talking about hot shares but we need to know about the other companies also.


Next one :


Net Asserts : negative value
Earning : - for many years

Sounds like a promising company given the current situation of the country if you look at the business they were involved in ;-)
can you guess ?



Last edited by slstock on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total

16Shares  that should not be trading at CSE Empty Re: Shares that should not be trading at CSE on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:05 am

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:Thanks for all the answers. This post should goive us somethign new to think about. Every one is talking about hot shares but we need to know about the other companies also.


Next one :


Net Asserts : negative value
Earning : - for many years
Sounds like a promising company if you look at the business they were involved in ;-)
can you guess ?

i think something suspicious is going on with this company. They might hide the profits or could be some sort of a tax fraud? ( If I'm thinking the same company)

17Shares  that should not be trading at CSE Empty Re: Shares that should not be trading at CSE on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:52 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Hmm, it was LCEM in this case.

But UKboy, lets start talking more about your company now. Any more hints ;-)



@UKboy wrote:
@slstock wrote:Thanks for all the answers. This post should goive us somethign new to think about. Every one is talking about hot shares but we need to know about the other companies also.


Next one :


Net Asserts : negative value
Earning : - for many years
Sounds like a promising company if you look at the business they were involved in ;-)
can you guess ?

i think something suspicious is going on with this company. They might hide the profits or could be some sort of a tax fraud? ( If I'm thinking the same company)

18Shares  that should not be trading at CSE Empty Re: Shares that should not be trading at CSE on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:24 am

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:Hmm, it was LCEM in this case.

But UKboy, lets start talking more about your company now. Any more hints ;-)
Slstock, I was thinking about HUEJ.
I didnt dig deep but feel that something is not right with their balance sheet.
The whole finance reports look bit weird to me Rolling Eyes

Wonder what do you think about it (HUEJ blance sheet)?

Again HUEJ head office and auditor locate in the same building

Registered office- No 32B, Sir Mohamed Macan market mawatha, col 3
Auditors -No 32A, Sir Mohamed Macan market mawatha, col 3

Would like to know your thoughts. (when you have sometimes).
All others are also welcome to express their views.

19Shares  that should not be trading at CSE Empty Re: Shares that should not be trading at CSE on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:03 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Certainly a company on my "why is it trading" list. I thought I did a post on HUEJ which I am trying to find to post here.

@UKboy wrote:
@slstock wrote:Hmm, it was LCEM in this case.

But UKboy, lets start talking more about your company now. Any more hints ;-)


Slstock, I was thinking about HUEJ.
I didnt dig deep but feel that something is not right with their balance sheet.
The whole finance reports look bit weird to me Rolling Eyes

Wonder what do you think about it (HUEJ blance sheet)?

Again HUEJ head office and auditor locate in the same building

Registered office- No 32B, Sir Mohamed Macan market mawatha, col 3
Auditors -No 32A, Sir Mohamed Macan market mawatha, col 3

Would like to know your thoughts. (when you have sometimes).
All others are also welcome to express their views.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum