FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Share Portfolio

+150
God Father
Eranga87
Kipling
kasun_gimhana
Promoney
naveen
roshan1039
hammurabi
KavinduTM
ColomboCSE
Sajeewa Niranjan
Eugine Fernando
MoneyLover
bhanu
Junior investor
ThilinaM
kumarweerarathne
nis2010
hettdas
SECTOR
jayathu
NIRANJANRAS
charith82
Dinesh Madushanka
SLBOY
dcwal
ddp
Runnerx
Teller
Dharshi
keeper
Madu@1
raider
playsmart
Dhehan
kow2014
Senior Citizen
Nitro 7
nimantha80
Thushara Ayya
jazstock
aran
siga
piras
flash
Siva08
sikka89
Ok One
thankrishan
fireshelter
NZ BOY
smallinvestor
fff4sl
nalban
janakatk
jonny
Dr Stock
SAWA123
erga
oops
nemesis
CSE.SAS
Jiggysaurus
EPS
PriyanDV
Padonrup
stocker
RPPA
IO3+O
slrkman
NC
soileconomy
Wessa123
Pethi
Top Trader
VALUEPICK
dougieboy
Octopus
SHARK aka TAH
bakapandithaya
Vichy
Eng Krishantha
shadow walker
troy
Market R
sampath.anuradha
kuma524
PrabathR
Invest-Wise
Sstar
anges
pathfinder
prabath
Gaja
Leon
smallville
sandunj
hunter
dhanurrox
Rapaport
Aubrey Perera
Jana1
hariesha
knockknobbler
worthiness
Slstock
stocksira
vegasbabay
pirate
JennyFunny
sas
ashenrc
thambi
econ
RichDad
roshanalv
Quibit
lbnnirmal
bettersrilanka
ROHAN
dilz
Chinwi
ss7097
Rajaraam
chamarahs
invest-abc
mcyi9rt4
SNIPO (+)
early
ssb
factFINDER
Hiru
player
gfte
sithika
STOCK HUNTER
innam
Jayasri
dsam
nkalansu
cse_investor
Fresher
amibroker
Soundchips
bpm
waruna dha
mark
FIRE123
Aamiable
MoneyMaker
154 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 19]

121My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:45 pm

VALUEPICK

Expert
Expert

Sstar wrote:My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Screen63

Above statement is after the Divestment of REXP@ 100/= and part of KAPI @ 51/=.from which I earned Rs 160,000/= realized profits. By today (3rd September 2014) my portfolio unrealized gains have increased to about Rs 348,000/=. This gives me a total profit of Rs 508,000/-.My initial investment was exactly Rs 1mn. Balance is funded through margin trading facility. Therefore year todate my total portfolio gain is around 51% within 9 months. Not a bad start for the annual 2 year target of 40% per annum.

One year market return is around 24%. So we have official confirmation for a bull market. You return is around 50%. You have outperformed the market. My congratulations! I believe we will see strong uptrend in lot of stocks in the coming days, coming weeks and coming months.
As a result of this few others also will equal Sstar.

If we want to get above average returns from bull market, stocks to watch are:

Stocks that have fallen the most during the bear market
Stocks that belong to the hardest hit industries and sectors during the bear market
Value stocks have fallen more than growth stocks during bear market. So value stocks are better bet.

The mid phase is usually the longest phase of a bull market and can last for many years. Good luck

122My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:05 pm

Sstar

Vice President - Equity Analytics

As per  my portfolio valuation as per 6th September 2014, I am touching the gains up to 63% in less than 9 months. If I reach 100% returns (ROI) in next few months, then I won't wait for 2 years, instead I will exit from the market. I am not too greedy. 50% p.a return is more than enough for me. My average opportunity cost of funds is less than 15%

Last edited by Sstar on Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:06 am; edited 2 times in total

123My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:06 am

Eng Krishantha

Expert
Expert

Sstar wrote:As per  my portfolio valuation as per 6th September 2014, I am tracing the gains up to 63% in less than 9 months. If I teach 100% returns in next few months, then I won't wait for 2 years, instead I will exit from the market. I am not too greedy.

really...
why you hope to exit??
Invest at least one year profit....
Anyway as you wish...
cheers cheers cheers

124My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:25 am

Sstar

What do you think of ODEL? I want to add 10,000 shares at current price.

125My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:49 am

SHARK aka TAH

Expert
Expert

Sstar wrote:As per  my portfolio valuation as per 6th September 2014, I am touching the gains up to 63% in less than 9 months. If I reach 100% returns (ROI) in next few months, then I won't wait for 2 years, instead I will exit from the market. I am not too greedy. 50% p.a return is more than enough for me. My average opportunity cost of funds is less than 15%
We have a clear winner Very Happy in you and You are a Super Star cheers For me hands down you have beaten the Market. sunny

126My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:50 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

A worthy Winner in CSE, Of Course others may be their more than Yours, but you have crossed the Line ...welldone and good luck

127My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:58 am

Octopus

Octopus
Expert
Expert

Sstar wrote:
Octopus wrote:
Sstar wrote:My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Screen63

After Divestment of REXP@ 100 and part of KAPI @ 51

machan, well done you have got profits!  buy some LIOC  and good banks

you have gain only 10% profit. its not enough when the bull is active.
aim for at least 20-30%.

get rid of touchwood etc buy TKYO,TJL

I think I have got 51% for the 9 months.

Re- LIOC

I exited from LIOC share few years ago at Rs 49 after the IPO and since then haven't bought recently. Share never picked up during previous bull run, but it picked up during current bull. I am skeptical about their future growth due to transfer pricing. Most Indian companies exited from Market at a profit and I wonder what their long term strategy. This is a strategic asset to India which has a strategic value, so they wil run it irrespective of the profits or loss. 

LIOC Profitability is temporary to me. Because the owners of IOC know that moment they show a big profit from LIOC, government of Sri Lanka is going ask LIOC to reduce fuel prices. Elections are around the corner so, you better be prepared for a surprise.

Business with Government has element of high political risk.

SSTAR, to tell you frankly, I think you are another gilmartist in this forum. because you are the only person in the forum who don't like LIOC. if you had bought LIOC, your profits would have double triple than this.

you are talking style is FOX and the GRAPE story

and you have changed your profile to a women now. I do't think which is true.

128My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:10 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Octopus,

She bought 10,000/- havent you read or you have not been following her Very Happy

129My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:19 am

Octopus

Octopus
Expert
Expert

SHARK wrote:Octopus,

She bought 10,000/- havent you read or you have not been following her Very Happy

yes man. I really like her personality.
lets wait and see how much profit she gain and how long it would take now.
I personally has a doubt on her snap PF shots too.

130My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:22 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

No shes real.... we should encourage all members to appear in real .... idid back then in 2013 or late 2012, but you can see mine in my twitter account Very Happy

131My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:29 am

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

During next eight months most of the above stocks could appreciate at least by 50%. Good luck

132My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:59 pm

Sstar

Sstar

My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Screen68

Exited from LIOC, CFVF, AAF and PABC.

133My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:47 pm

Top Trader

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Octopus wrote:

Shark why you only telling about what she bought, here she tells she sold it

Being an Co - Admin Promoting the shares what you all have and sell at at Profit, and keep quite. Isn't this falls under the promoting etc etc, you all highly worried, and wanted to give it SEC, why can't you all give this to SEC then?

Sorry to say this, but now personally feel that you also get on with her and try to fool the retailers, please don't do that!!!

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t36383p50-snap-shot-of-my-share-portfolio-latest#221366 - still she is not willing to disclose the detail transaction.

134My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:06 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Top Trader wrote:
Octopus wrote:

Being an Co - Admin Promoting the shares what you all have and sell at at Profit, and keep quite. Isn't this falls under the promoting etc etc, you all highly worried,  and wanted to give it SEC, why can't you all give this to SEC then?

Sorry to say this, but now personally feel that you also get on with her and try to fool the retailers, please don't do that!!!

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t36383p50-snap-shot-of-my-share-portfolio-latest#221366   - still she is not willing to disclose the detail transaction.

TT OMG..... here we go again ....... Go on bashing .....Its unbecoming of you .... to say some one should disclose everytime you buy and sell.
when she only said i bought 10000qty. and she did not take part on LIOC dicussion in the same manner some others did. Its not very good to allege.

If one should go by what you say, all active members should say i bought and i sold, now how many of us do like that.

Let us continue our journey, see the fire works LIOC cheers

I have never seen previous admin co admins or Mods going to same extent displaying their PF, and its individual choice to do it IMO ....

In any journey their will be passengers getting down and some will continue and some would join in .... Smile

So let us continue the journey

135My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:30 pm

Top Trader

SHARK wrote:
Top Trader wrote:
Octopus wrote:

Being an Co - Admin Promoting the shares what you all have and sell at at Profit, and keep quite. Isn't this falls under the promoting etc etc, you all highly worried,  and wanted to give it SEC, why can't you all give this to SEC then?

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t36383p50-snap-shot-of-my-share-portfolio-latest#221366   - still she is not willing to disclose the detail transaction.

TT OMG..... here we go again ....... Go on bashing .....Its unbecoming of you .... to say some one should disclose everytime you buy and sell.
when she only said i bought 10000qty. and she did not take part on LIOC dicussion in the same manner some others did. Its not very good  to allege.

If one should go by what you say, all active members should say i bought  and i sold, now how many of us do like that.

Let us continue our journey, see the fire works LIOC  cheers

I have never seen previous admin co admins or Mods going to same extent displaying their PF, and its individual choice to do it IMO ....

In any journey their will be passengers getting down  and some will continue and some would join in .... Smile

Shark - This is my point, she purposely disclose her PF, to promote her holdings, because in this forum few members get attracted by few posts. If she is not willing to say she disposed it, why she care to mention that she purchased it, PURE promotion.

I agree previous admins didn't disclose it, because they don't want the cheap promotion.

If you want me to disclose my PF, i can do it, but my PF have more than 200 shares, because at least i have ONE share of the most listed companies, except very few, to get the AR, for my Job, Study & Knowledge purpose.

136My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:46 am

Market R

Market R
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Any one can promote shares in many ways but we need to buy and sell shares.

137My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:40 am

Pethi

Pethi

Top Trader wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Top Trader wrote:
Octopus wrote:

when she only said i bought 10000qty. and she did not take part on LIOC dicussion in the same manner some others did. Its not very good  to allege.

If one should go by what you say, all active members should say i bought  and i sold, now how many of us do like that.

Let us continue our journey, see the fire works LIOC  cheers

In any journey their will be passengers getting down  and some will continue and some would join in .... Smile

Shark - This is my point, she purposely disclose her PF, to promote her holdings, because in this forum few members get attracted by few posts. If she is not willing to say she disposed it, why she care to mention that she purchased it, PURE promotion.

I agree previous admins didn't disclose it, because they don't want the cheap promotion.

If you want me to disclose my PF, i can do it, but my PF have more than 200 shares, because at least i have ONE share of the most listed companies, except very few, to get the AR, for my Job, Study & Knowledge purpose.

Sharky....!
Let me give my opinion on this
I have had more profits than this Portfolio. But I did not publish mine.
because, small investors would have taken decisions based on my portfolio.which is not good.

As you know, I recently sold my LIOC.If I had shown my PF, some one would have bought it high @ 49???? because I had huge profits. So I think, showing people individual profits wont do any help to them. it will mislead them. because I also think it is highly promotional.

I urge our members to not to take decision based on that PF.Market is highly volatile. by looking at a portfolio developed over 7-8 months wont help investors to take decisions.

take decisions only if you have enough facts to support your argument. not looking at some one else port folio.

Super star, I'd rather you to discuss about individual counters and their strengths and weaknesses so then members can take their own decisions based on current facts rather than the Portfolio which has been developed over some period of time

138My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:52 am

Wessa123

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Agree with Prithi 100% . If I show my PF which is from 2004 people will stop trading Smile I have made big losses but still I'm around

139My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:46 am

Sstar

Sstar

This is what I wrote on 4th September 2014 about LIOC before I purchased and exited. So I exited quickly with a small profits due to fear of losing money. My portfolio is real and decisions are actual. I do not request anyone to follow my decisions. Objective of my  transperancy is to educate the newcomers whilst showing actual adjustments, profit/loss taking and cut loss decisions. I am sure this would be a lesson to the others. They won't make the same mistake I am making. My objective is to make profits and I have already got 83% for last 9 months. Thank you.

My previous post link about LIOC:
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t36722p75-catch-lioc-44-levels?highlight=LIOC

Sstar I exited from LIOC share few years ago at Rs 49 after the IPO and since then haven't bought recently. Share never picked up during previous bull run, but it picked up during current bull. I am skeptical about their future growth due to transfer pricing. Most Indian companies exited from Market at a profit and I wonder what their long term strategy. This is a strategic asset to India which has a strategic value, so they wil run it irrespective of the profits or loss. 

LIOC Profitability is temporary to me. Because the owners of IOC know that moment they show a big profit from LIOC, government of Sri Lanka is going ask LIOC to reduce fuel prices. Elections are around the corner so, you better be prepared for a surprise.

Last edited by Sstar on Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:08 am; edited 2 times in total

140My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:56 am

soileconomy

soileconomy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Sstar wrote:This is what I wrote about LIOC before I purchased. So I exited quickly 

SstarI exited from LIOC share few years ago at Rs 49 after the IPO and since then haven't bought recently. Share never picked up during previous bull run, but it picked up during current bull. I am skeptical about their future growth due to transfer pricing. Most Indian companies exited from Market at a profit and I wonder what their long term strategy. This is a strategic asset to India which has a strategic value, so they wil run it irrespective of the profits or loss. 

Very good short and sweet explanation.100% correct and agreed.

141My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:02 am

Pethi

Pethi

Sstar wrote:This is what I wrote about LIOC before I purchased. So I exited quickly 

SstarI exited from LIOC share few years ago at Rs 49 after the IPO and since then haven't bought recently. Share never picked up during previous bull run, but it picked up during current bull. I am skeptical about their future growth due to transfer pricing. Most Indian companies exited from Market at a profit and I wonder what their long term strategy. This is a strategic asset to India which has a strategic value, so they wil run it irrespective of the profits or loss. 

you quit few years ago @ 49???
Never seen your Portfolio with LIOC.
Anyway, I don't care whether you had it or not. I agree that LIOC has some serous risks associated with it.because we have Ceylon petroleum and this is an Indian company.

However, we should never forget that LIOC (couple of years ago) is completely different to LIOC today.
look at the no of trades during last 18 months. extraordinary and healthy. look at the no of filling stations grown.
look at the div. given. etc etc.

overall, this counter has become one of the good counters in CSE now.
Having said that,as with any counter, you need to play smart to get profit. its not easy.
You should have your own strategy and justification.

142My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:37 am

Octopus

Octopus
Expert
Expert

Pethi wrote:

you quit few years ago @ 49???
Never seen your Portfolio with LIOC.
Anyway, I don't care whether you had it or not. I agree that LIOC has some serous risks associated with it.because we have Ceylon petroleum and this is an Indian company.

However, we should never forget that LIOC (couple of years ago) is completely different to LIOC today.
look at the no of trades during last 18 months. extraordinary and healthy. look at the no of filling stations grown.
look at the div. given. etc etc.

overall, this counter has become one of the good counters in CSE now.
Having said that,as with any counter, you need to play smart to get profit. its not easy.
You should have your own strategy and justification.

Prthi, do you trust this lady? just a waste of time.
she is talking rubbish,she is a promoter of her own shares.
You can see how many people likes her in this forum.

143My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:39 am

Sstar

Sstar

Sstar wrote:This is what I wrote on 4th September 2014 about LIOC before I purchased and exited. So I exited quickly with a small profits due to fear of losing money. My portfolio is real and decisions are actual. I do not request anyone to follow my decisions. Objective of my  transperancy is to educate the newcomers whilst showing actual adjustments, profit/loss taking and cut loss decisions. I am sure this would be a lesson to the others. They won't make the same mistake I am making. My objective is to make profits and I have already got 83% for last 9 months. Thank you.

My previous post link about LIOC:
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t36722p75-catch-lioc-44-levels?highlight=LIOC

Sstar I exited from LIOC share few years ago at Rs 49 after the IPO and since then haven't bought recently. Share never picked up during previous bull run, but it picked up during current bull. I am skeptical about their future growth due to transfer pricing. Most Indian companies exited from Market at a profit and I wonder what their long term strategy. This is a strategic asset to India which has a strategic value, so they wil run it irrespective of the profits or loss. 

Yes I have a strategy and I am transparent unlike many. So you blame me for my transperancy, sorry I would continue to be transparent for the benefit of the members.

If any one is to argue on this matter, first they should disclose their portfolio. My trading system is Direct FN, broker is Asia, investment is Rs 1mn. Margin 4mn. I have already shown a screen shot of my trading screen. Anyone is free to follow me or everybody is free to follow my strategy. Because I don't want to lose money and I am sure I could make over a return of at least 100% within next 2 Years.

144My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:42 am

econ

econ
Global Moderator

For me LIOC is one of the crappiest shares in the market and due to this forum price has increased recently. Very Happy

145My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:59 am

NC

NC

econ wrote:For me LIOC  is one of the crappiest shares in the market and due to this forum price has increased recently. Very Happy
My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Previe10

146My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:04 am

Octopus

Octopus
Expert
Expert

NC wrote:
econ wrote:For me LIOC  is one of the crappiest shares in the market and due to this forum price has increased recently. Very Happy
My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Previe10

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

147My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:47 pm

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

Whatever said Star is picking stocks carefully and systematically. We also should build our portfolio beautifully adding and chopping during next 18 months. In this process sometimes we might make mistakes by selling stock too early and missing some of the biggest returns in a life time and adding wrong stocks to our portfolio. Because of Sstar I added one stock to my portfolio. So I have followed her to pick one growth stock. Good luck!

148My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:40 pm

Sstar

Sstar

I just added 5,000 shares of CINV today becos this investment trust is trading below net asset value. You may Mark to Market their stock portfolio to see the gains and profits. Generally funds are valued at NAV and not on a multiple of PER. I guess I  right.

149My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:54 pm

Octopus

Octopus
Expert
Expert

Sstar wrote:I just added 5,000 shares of CINV today becos this investment trust is trading below net asset value. You may Mark to Market their stock portfolio to see the gains and profits. Generally funds are valued at NAV and not on a multiple of PER. I guess I  right.

Thanks Super Star
honda kella wage, when you sell let us know ok.
do you still have Odel?

150My Share Portfolio - Page 6 Empty Re: My Share Portfolio Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:48 pm

Vichy

Vichy
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

I joined the market very recently. Unlike experience traders I didn't know what to do and not. I got the worst investment advisor who used to tell me what ever came to her mind. I don't think I could get any better as my initial investment was very little.

But, following SStar in the forum, I learned a lot.

We don't have to follow every step she takes, but, could learn from it.

I don't see any thing wrong in her action.

Finally its our money and e should know how we use it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum