Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post
Market Place

Add an ad

View all ads

Latest topics

» ගෝඨාභය නෙමෙයි පුටින් ආවත් market එක ගොඩ ගන්ඩ බෑ
by samaritan Today at 2:14 pm

» Questionnaire on the stock market investor behavior in the Sri Lankan share market
by gayani2018 Today at 9:41 am

» AEL going up short term for gota coming is only chance for trading
by sanjulanka Today at 7:11 am

» Capital trust recommended to buy AEL ..Target Price Rs.24.50
by Eng Krishantha Today at 1:45 am

» NEST going to run?
by Bakka1988 Yesterday at 11:08 pm

» when you invest in a company call that company and ask some thing
by ThilinaM Yesterday at 3:47 pm

» Chevron will go down further in fundamentals
by ThilinaM Yesterday at 2:06 pm

» read this carefully - thease dumb investment advisors will advise when gsp received teejay operation would be better
by ThilinaM Yesterday at 1:21 pm

» Rocell undervalued
by ThilinaM Yesterday at 12:36 pm

» Friends I read a book traders are loosers
by ThilinaM Yesterday at 12:34 pm

» Central Bank Reduces Its Policy Interest Rates
by Miss-Sangeetha Yesterday at 10:46 am

» Scared of silence of MS and next 2 Fridays
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:11 am

» Positive News
by Capton KIng Cool Yesterday at 8:37 am

» The Central Bank of Sri Lanka Reduces its Policy Interest Rates
by TraderCSE Yesterday at 7:50 am

» AAIC - Profit over one billion!!!!!
by wisdom79 Yesterday at 7:44 am

» Why AAIC Should trade above RS.50/-
by wisdom79 Yesterday at 7:43 am

» CIND බලාගෙනයි
by ThilinaM Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:50 pm

» PAP (Pan Asia Power PLC) Dealings Directors
by Capton KIng Cool Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:54 am

» JKH will touch 175 very soon
by soileconomy Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:27 am

» EMER...?????
by roshan1039 Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:16 am

» What is your trading preference?
by biglivetrade Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:24 pm

» RENUKA HOLDINGS Target 50.00
by ThilinaM Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:34 pm

» CIND , 10% guaranteed return
by Bakka1988 Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:51 pm

» lOFC definitely will hit 6/-
by Winner123 Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:18 am

» ASHO අර්ජුන් මහේන්ද්‍රගේ බෑන විකුණනවද කොහෙද
by Bakka1988 Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:11 am

» PAP (Pan Asia Power PLC) Apointiment of Director Mr.Sangith Senaka Kakiriwargodage.
by samaritan Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:03 am

» SEC charges four stockbrokers over market manipulation
by player Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:40 am

» Sri Lankan Billionaire Dhammika Perera may Spend Rs. 10 Billion for a Presidential Campaign without any Risk! His Daily Casino Profits said to be over Rs. 50 Million
by nuwanmja Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:39 am

» MGT - Collect n keep
by samaritan Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:05 am

» Browns investments
by Winner123 Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:35 pm

» ASHO will hit moon. Deal with SLTB
by Bakka1988 Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:11 pm

» GLASS (piramal glass ceylon plc) from
by MarketWch Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:20 am

» Elcection Commisioner( MACO)
by Capton KIng Cool Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:59 am

» Presidential election will be held on 16 th of November to 7th of December
by rukshan1234 Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:30 pm

» Which Trading System Or Strategy Is The Most Profitable?
by Teller Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:13 pm

» NEST will touch Rs2000 soon
by Bakka1988 Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:41 pm

» Gotabaya Rajapaksha will named after 10th August. Aspi will move above 6500
by samaritan Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:59 am

» CFVF.N0000 - Target price Rs.60- Donnt sell
by Trader321 Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:06 am

» CFVF.N0000 - Really started Again ..........
by Trader321 Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:59 am

» LOLC Holding( LOLC N.0000)
by Capton KIng Cool Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:45 am

» LOLC Holding( LOLC N.0000) MICRO FINACE In Cambodia
by Capton KIng Cool Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:43 am

» PAN ASIA BANK
by samaritan Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:17 am

» CFVF.N0000 - Deal at What price?
by Winner123 Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:35 pm


You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » DIALOG has to pay 1.5 billion super gain tax

DIALOG has to pay 1.5 billion super gain tax

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DIALOG has to pay 1.5 billion super gain tax Empty DIALOG has to pay 1.5 billion super gain tax on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:08 pm

Teller

Teller
Moderator
Moderator
DIALOG POSTS 6.1 billion Net Profit for FY 2014 and expects to pay appproximately 1.525 billion as super gain tax.
Wed, Feb 18, 2015, 16:39 Gmt

Feb 18, Colombo: Sri Lanka's premier telecommunications service provider, Dialog Axiata PLC, today announced its consolidated financial results for the year ended 31st December, 2014 of the main company and the Dialog Axiata Group post-consolidation with subsidiaries Dialog Broadband Networks and Dialog Television.

sprat


Stock Trader
mmm.. this will bring "yahapaalanaya" in the mobile industry in sri lanka.

omegaplus

omegaplus
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Teller wrote:DIALOG POSTS 6.1 billion Net Profit for FY 2014 and expects to pay appproximately 1.525 billion as super gain tax.
Wed, Feb 18, 2015, 16:39 Gmt

Feb 18, Colombo: Sri Lanka's premier telecommunications service provider, Dialog Axiata PLC, today announced its consolidated financial results for the year ended 31st December, 2014 of the main company and the Dialog Axiata Group post-consolidation with subsidiaries Dialog Broadband Networks and Dialog Television.

So thats good, thy " making profit" and paying tax.Main thing is how they going to use this tax, waste like previous government or use it wisely.

soileconomy

soileconomy
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@omegaplus wrote:
@Teller wrote:DIALOG POSTS 6.1 billion Net Profit for FY 2014 and expects to pay appproximately 1.525 billion as super gain tax.
Wed, Feb 18, 2015, 16:39 Gmt

Feb 18, Colombo: Sri Lanka's premier telecommunications service provider, Dialog Axiata PLC, today announced its consolidated financial results for the year ended 31st December, 2014 of the main company and the Dialog Axiata Group post-consolidation with subsidiaries Dialog Broadband Networks and Dialog Television.

So thats good, thy " making profit" and paying tax.Main thing is how they going to use this tax, waste like previous government or use it wisely.
Definitely this will be used for unproductive work.

Senior Citizen

Senior Citizen
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@soileconomy wrote:
@omegaplus wrote:
@Teller wrote:DIALOG POSTS 6.1 billion Net Profit for FY 2014 and expects to pay appproximately 1.525 billion as super gain tax.
Wed, Feb 18, 2015, 16:39 Gmt

Feb 18, Colombo: Sri Lanka's premier telecommunications service provider, Dialog Axiata PLC, today announced its consolidated financial results for the year ended 31st December, 2014 of the main company and the Dialog Axiata Group post-consolidation with subsidiaries Dialog Broadband Networks and Dialog Television.

So thats good, thy " making profit" and paying tax.Main thing is how they going to use this tax, waste like previous government or use it wisely.
Definitely this will be used for unproductive work.

Build 500,000 houses!

R_K

R_K
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
The Super Gain tax is at an SBU level & hence the total tax liability at a group level is close to a staggering 3.3b.

Teller

Teller
Moderator
Moderator
Some companies will face cash flow problems due to this tax.also possible negative cash flows in coming years too.


_________________
Teller said is said..

Spoon

Spoon
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@Teller wrote:Some companies will face cash flow problems due to this tax.also possible negative cash flows in coming years too.

Negative cash flows in the coming years? Why? My understanding is that it's a one time tax and many of these companies, especially Dialog and Access are cash laden companies.

I may be wrong however.

worthiness


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Profitable large corporations often do their business expansion plans with a view to capture a high market share in a competitive environment. It could be acquisition of business, property, new technology, human assets, sponsorship program, advertisement, & business diversification.

Unexpected super tax imposed has become a huge blow to not only to existing plans to be launched but also cash flow requirements for operational activities & future transactions already locked in.

10DIALOG has to pay 1.5 billion super gain tax Empty Re: DIALOG has to pay 1.5 billion super gain tax on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:37 am

Nitro 7


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Well said worthiness.

It's always been a pleasure reading your posts !


@worthiness wrote:Profitable large corporations often do their business expansion plans with a view to capture a high market share in a competitive environment. It could be acquisition of business, property, new technology, human assets, sponsorship program, advertisement,  & business diversification.

Unexpected super tax imposed has become a huge blow to not only to existing plans to be launched but also cash flow requirements for operational activities & future transactions already locked in.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum