FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility

+42
Marketinvest
investor1984
stumpy
uditha9
limestone
manula
Hiru
Chabbi
tkc
wis
rijayasooriya
TuskerLK
xhora
aladdin
kam2011
RIO
SL.Market
Monster
optimistic
FXX
StocksWatch
duke
themask
micky
godswen
chamith
mark
DMA
smallville
Rajitha
MarketResearch
SmartMoney
Rocky
Gaja
$$$
Fresher
Slstock
mono
Academic
milanka
tubal
Quibit
46 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Empty Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:52 pm

Quibit

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Hey Guys
In order to streamline the voting system, which affect the reputation of the members, we have brought in a new variable/rule which requires minimum of +10 reputation points before a member is eligible to vote.
Quibi

NEW REVISION
Objective of the new revision is to exclude Negative (-) points. When Voted Negatively to a post it will only be indicated in the 'Red Bar' and no points will be deducted from the Members Points tally. If voted positively (+) it will increase the points tally of the Member. Higher the Points tally better would be the reputation of the Member. Details are as follows;

Negative Votes = 0 Points
'Thanks' Button = +3

Voting Eligibility
Minimum No of Posts Before Vote Count = 10 posts
Minimum Reputation Points Before Vote Count = +1
Maximum Votes Per Day = 5

Last edited by Quibit on Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Good but since only a handful of people have 10 reputations, that means no one will be able to vote.
We demand that democracy be restored! Laughing

3Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Empty Members % Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:33 pm

milanka

milanka

@Quibi : Could you kindly update this forum, the percentage of members who have more than +10 reputation points ? if its less than 33% (I mean less then 33% of the total members) then your selection criteria is unreasonable.

Note : Hope you are not following 'Goni Billa' theory CSE.

Last edited by milanka on Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a Note.)

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

Quibit

Hey

I agree, we all need the democracy and the voting rights. In a democratic society Minors are not eligible to vote until they reach majority.

I am willing to revise the system based on member recommendations. Please drop a line.

Quibi

tubal

The problem is that everyone is a minor here. And not everyone votes. So some people may never reach 10 votes. I propose that it should be like this

1) +10 reps regardless of number of posts
OR
2) 50 posts with zero or more reps

Academic

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

This creates the possibility that anyone who had 10 reps (even by luck) at the beginning of implementing this rule can block any other one becoming a voting member as they can give negative reps for those and keep net reps below ten. This is exactly how supper power countries (like America, China) control United Nation's Security council. As you may see in my profile I never have used voting. But like democracy.
On the other hand there is a point in your action. As there is a value for + rep now and any newbie can't distort reputations.
In the final analysis, however, if some responsible person can look after on who should be promoted as voting member (giving reps for their posts), your new rule is acceptable.

7Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:59 pm

mono

mono

This is a good change. three days a go i had -28 rep.

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Quibit wrote:Hey Guys
In order to streamline the voting system, which affect the reputation of the members, we have brought in a new variable/rule which requires minimum of +10 reputation points before a member is eligible to vote.
Quibi

Quibi,

This is a two sided knife. Yes on one hand you need to protect the reputation of the existing members while also giving democratic right of vote to a relative new comer.

As pointed out I am not sure how many have Rep over 10+. If this the case if a relative newbee was helped by a member here the newbee should still be able to rep or thank or receive the same from another new bee.

Minimum of 10 Reps seems to be too drastic. You should reduce this limit.

Last edited by slstock on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Fresher

Cannot agree with this theory.

I do not know what the criteria was earlier, but since this is a sudden change, the ones who have voting rights have an unfair advantage.
There was a time when every pro PCH post got a negative and anti PCH post got many positive votes. Is this the eligibility criteria then?
What id the members who have 10+ give a + rep only if it is an area of interest for them?

Further, when you said "minors cant vote in a democracy till they reach majority", did you mean "minor-adult" or "minority-majority"?
cos if you meant minority, it is a very harsh statement also minority has voting privileges in this country.

thank you.

10Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:46 am

Academic

In addition to above points I would like to make following points

1. By Thursday evening PCH quarterly reports out and was heated discussion on the forum on that. It is not a secret that in which anti-PCHs got + rep and pro got -. Thus, by Monday (locking date of rep), it is reasonable to expect that anti-PCHs got higher reps. In this context by locking by Monday has effectively awarded domination of the forum to anti-PCHs.

This is unfair, as I believe
i. Everyone should have fair privileges if it is a good forum.
ii. Opinions may be right or wrong. Thus there might be a day our current thinking is proved to be wrong (I still think PCH is overvalued).

2. This is like asking hints form thief's mother (horage ammagen pena ahanawa wage). Those with negative reps continue to have negatives and positives with positives.

3. Getting one top poster many negatives prior to locking is not a valid argument to continue locking. As a top poster may be disliked by community. Number of posts is not equal to reputation. Further respect is drastically different from reputation which should be earned.

4. To prove some of these points, look at profiles of top posters. There is one among top five posters who has given 237 negative reps compared to 134 positives. My question is to where this positives went and most importantly to where the negatives went.

Admin
Do you want to make this another investnow?

My suggestion is to give quota of 5 reps (either positive or negative) per day for every member. So that they will use scarce resources wisely.

Last edited by Academic on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : interchanged pro and anti. Corrected a typo as pointed out by npp. And added per day in the final sentence. Inserted "some of" to 4th point. Now read as "To prove some of these points".)

11Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:51 am

Fresher

Academic wrote:

1. By Thursday evening PCH quarterly reports out and was heated discussion on the forum on that. It is not a secret that in which anti-PCHs got - rep and pro got +. Thus, by Monday (locking date of rep), it is reasonable to expect that pro-PCHs got higher reps. In this context by locking by Monday has effectively awarded domination of the forum to pro-PCHs.

i think it's the other way around.
pro-PCH posts got -ve

12Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:58 am

Academic

npp wrote:
Academic wrote:

1. By Thursday evening PCH quarterly reports out and was heated discussion on the forum on that. It is not a secret that in which anti-PCHs got - rep and pro got +. Thus, by Monday (locking date of rep), it is reasonable to expect that pro-PCHs got higher reps. In this context by locking by Monday has effectively awarded domination of the forum to pro-PCHs.

i think it's the other way around.
pro-PCH posts got -ve

Thanks npp. That is what I intended to write. It is a typo. Anti got + and pro got -. I'll edit it.

13Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:56 pm

mono

mono

Academic wrote:
4. To prove these points, look at profiles of top posters. There is a one among top five posters who has given 237 negative reps compared to 134 positives.

Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Bf364869-8bd9-4d05-987a-a4d5bbc685c4

but if you look at the dumping that was going on today. people who got the negative rep for spewing bullshit deserved it.

14Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:45 pm

$$$

Sorry Guys I missed all of this fyi I haven't given any one a + or a - even though many members deserved to get - for some lewd postings. + also should have been given for some good postings..... I probably will start using my + and - a bit more often. This whole concept of + or - is a tricky one as you can give a - rep just for some one not agreeing with your opinion which isn't fair really or a + for some one who agrees with your comment ..... I think Like sign and dislike sign should be given for comments ( like FB) these should not effect your reputation and your your + or - reputaion should be based on the following factors :

Crude language

False Propaganda

False financial analysis (not accidental typos etc )

Insulting Other members

Repeated Posts

Stock promotion without any basis eg : will Go beyond x price and will pass y stock price on Monday or It will shoot passed x next week .....they should be backed by financials or some level of Justification...I think just not to make the site too regulated.....posts such as this should have
Eg : PCH might go up in the future as theri marketing Arm wil be strengthened due to senior Marketeer Failan taking over he might look in to new markets etc etc ..... at least this is something to go as opposed to like what I said above

15Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:34 pm

$$$

This is what i posted on another thread....

Sorry Guys I missed all of this fyi I haven't given any one a + or a - even though many members deserved to get - for some lewd postings. + also should have been given for some good postings..... I probably will start using my + and - a bit more often. This whole concept of + or - is a tricky one as you can give a - rep just for some one not agreeing with your opinion which isn't fair really or a + for some one who agrees with your comment ..... I think Like sign and dislike sign should be given for comments ( like FB) these should not effect your reputation and your your + or - reputaion should be based on the following factors :

Crude language
False Propaganda
False financial analysis (not accidental typos etc )
Insulting Other members
Repeated Posts

Stock promotion without any basis eg : will Go beyond x price and will pass y stock price on Monday or It will shoot passed x next week .....they should be backed by financials or some level of Justification...I think just not to make the site too regulated.....posts such as this should have
Eg : PCH might go up in the future as theri marketing Arm wil be strengthened due to senior Marketeer Failan taking over he might look in to new markets etc etc ..... at least this is something to go on as opposed to just saying a share will go up on hind sight or Fortune telling which should not be tolerated.

Last edited by Quibit on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:18 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : format condensed)

16Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Empty Agree !! Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:55 pm

milanka

milanka

@ $$$ ;- Agree with you 110%

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

17Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:00 pm

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Good

18Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:00 pm

mono

mono

Shocked Shocked

finding creative ways to insult other people is the best part about internet forums

Razz

19Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:19 pm

tubal

mono wrote:Shocked Shocked

finding creative ways to insult other people is the best part about internet forums

Razz

Oh yes!

$$$ as a moderator, you have the power to do something beyond just voting. You can delete or modify posts. I hope you will use that power well.

20Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:16 pm

$$$

Creative ways should be permitted specially if the recepient doesn't get it lol uhummm and the admins and moderators as well.Yeah Tubal keeping a close eye on things Twisted Evil

21Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:19 pm

tubal

$$$ wrote:Creative ways should be permitted specially if the recepient doesn't get it lol uhummm and the admins and moderators as well.Yeah Tubal keeping a close eye on things Twisted Evil

Smile

22Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:05 pm

Rocky

Rocky

Those who know the lingo very well can say the worst thing in colourful words. just like pricking a banana with a needle!
It just goes in and no one is aware.

Statements can be loaded with sarcasm however, re-reading the statements carefully you would note the negative or insinuating ideologies coated with as Mono said once with thick layers of Seville Marmalade! Embarassed

23Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:28 am

Slstock

Slstock

Quibit wrote:Hey Guys
Quibi

Quibi
Have you made a decsion on this yet. What is the current implementation. I feel the new comers will be done injustice if they cannot exercise there rights for voting . +10 reps is not fair I think given that there will be limited number of people with reps over 10. Maybe you should look at number of postings + reps to determine to right balance.

24Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Empty POINTS & REPUTATION :?: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:31 pm

SmartMoney

SmartMoney
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Dear Admins,

Can you please explain how these points & reputations are given Question
What's the advantage of having them Question
Is there anyway that we can use them Question
What is meant by the the things which appears below our names (stock trader, stock analytic, moderator etc.) Question
What is meant by the green or red line that we can see on the right hand side of some of the posts & comments Question

Dear members,

You all are also welcome to submit such problems you are having for the attention of the admins .

Thank You.

25Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:51 pm

Quibit

Hi
Please visit 'Stock & Forum Help' section on the home page. All information relating to reputation and point system are available for your reference.

Quibi

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum