Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post
Market Place

Add an ad

View all ads

Latest topics

» ගෝඨාභය නෙමෙයි පුටින් ආවත් market එක ගොඩ ගන්ඩ බෑ
by Eng Krishantha Today at 1:51 am

» Capital trust recommended to buy AEL ..Target Price Rs.24.50
by Eng Krishantha Today at 1:45 am

» AEL going up short term for gota coming is only chance for trading
by Eng Krishantha Today at 1:36 am

» NEST going to run?
by Bakka1988 Yesterday at 11:08 pm

» when you invest in a company call that company and ask some thing
by ThilinaM Yesterday at 3:47 pm

» Chevron will go down further in fundamentals
by ThilinaM Yesterday at 2:06 pm

» read this carefully - thease dumb investment advisors will advise when gsp received teejay operation would be better
by ThilinaM Yesterday at 1:21 pm

» Rocell undervalued
by ThilinaM Yesterday at 12:36 pm

» Friends I read a book traders are loosers
by ThilinaM Yesterday at 12:34 pm

» Central Bank Reduces Its Policy Interest Rates
by Miss-Sangeetha Yesterday at 10:46 am

» Scared of silence of MS and next 2 Fridays
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:11 am

» Positive News
by Capton KIng Cool Yesterday at 8:37 am

» The Central Bank of Sri Lanka Reduces its Policy Interest Rates
by TraderCSE Yesterday at 7:50 am

» AAIC - Profit over one billion!!!!!
by wisdom79 Yesterday at 7:44 am

» Why AAIC Should trade above RS.50/-
by wisdom79 Yesterday at 7:43 am

» CIND බලාගෙනයි
by ThilinaM Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:50 pm

» PAP (Pan Asia Power PLC) Dealings Directors
by Capton KIng Cool Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:54 am

» JKH will touch 175 very soon
by soileconomy Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:27 am

» EMER...?????
by roshan1039 Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:16 am

» What is your trading preference?
by biglivetrade Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:24 pm

» RENUKA HOLDINGS Target 50.00
by ThilinaM Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:34 pm

» CIND , 10% guaranteed return
by Bakka1988 Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:51 pm

» lOFC definitely will hit 6/-
by Winner123 Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:18 am

» ASHO අර්ජුන් මහේන්ද්‍රගේ බෑන විකුණනවද කොහෙද
by Bakka1988 Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:11 am

» PAP (Pan Asia Power PLC) Apointiment of Director Mr.Sangith Senaka Kakiriwargodage.
by samaritan Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:03 am

» SEC charges four stockbrokers over market manipulation
by player Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:40 am

» Sri Lankan Billionaire Dhammika Perera may Spend Rs. 10 Billion for a Presidential Campaign without any Risk! His Daily Casino Profits said to be over Rs. 50 Million
by nuwanmja Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:39 am

» MGT - Collect n keep
by samaritan Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:05 am

» Browns investments
by Winner123 Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:35 pm

» ASHO will hit moon. Deal with SLTB
by Bakka1988 Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:11 pm

» GLASS (piramal glass ceylon plc) from
by MarketWch Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:20 am

» Elcection Commisioner( MACO)
by Capton KIng Cool Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:59 am

» Presidential election will be held on 16 th of November to 7th of December
by rukshan1234 Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:30 pm

» Which Trading System Or Strategy Is The Most Profitable?
by Teller Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:13 pm

» NEST will touch Rs2000 soon
by Bakka1988 Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:41 pm

» Gotabaya Rajapaksha will named after 10th August. Aspi will move above 6500
by samaritan Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:59 am

» CFVF.N0000 - Target price Rs.60- Donnt sell
by Trader321 Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:06 am

» CFVF.N0000 - Really started Again ..........
by Trader321 Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:59 am

» LOLC Holding( LOLC N.0000)
by Capton KIng Cool Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:45 am

» LOLC Holding( LOLC N.0000) MICRO FINACE In Cambodia
by Capton KIng Cool Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:43 am

» PAN ASIA BANK
by samaritan Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:17 am

» CFVF.N0000 - Deal at What price?
by Winner123 Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:35 pm

» Profitability of all the banks slides down on bigger margins
by hammurabi Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:25 pm


You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market & Forum Help » Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility

Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

1Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:52 pm

Quibit

Quibit
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
First topic message reminder :

Hey Guys
In order to streamline the voting system, which affect the reputation of the members, we have brought in a new variable/rule which requires minimum of +10 reputation points before a member is eligible to vote.
Quibi


NEW REVISION
Objective of the new revision is to exclude Negative (-) points. When Voted Negatively to a post it will only be indicated in the 'Red Bar' and no points will be deducted from the Members Points tally. If voted positively (+) it will increase the points tally of the Member. Higher the Points tally better would be the reputation of the Member. Details are as follows;

Points
Positive Votes = +1 Points
Negative Votes = 0 Points
'Thanks' Button = +3

Voting Eligibility
Minimum No of Posts Before Vote Count = 10 posts
Minimum Reputation Points Before Vote Count = +1
Maximum Votes Per Day = 5



Last edited by Quibit on Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:03 pm; edited 2 times in total


41Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:18 pm

Quibit


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Hey,

Thanks for that suggestion.
As suggested in addition to the requirement of +1 reputation point, Member would be required to post minimum of 10 posts/messages before they become eligible to vote.

I am sure this will resolve the voting issue one and for all.

Quibit

42Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:00 pm

chamith


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
i can not seems to have the voting rights,,,,

43Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:18 am

Quibit


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Hey chamith

You need to have minimum +1 reputation. Your current reputation is -2. Try to build your reputation.

Quibi

44Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:35 am

chamith


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Thanks a lot...
i m on board.... Very Happy

45Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:46 am

smallville


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Guys,

Point structure has been revised for the benefit for all of you.. So use it wisely..
Pls dont display personal anger towards anyone just becuz they dont take your opinion seriously and give negative points to them.. Misleading posts would deserve a - though..
Use the forum for the benefit of the community.. learn, discuss as much as possible, at the sametime benefit from it..

Good luck.

46Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:01 am

godswen

godswen
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
I'm old enough to vote for government elections! Embarassed

47Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:06 pm

micky

micky
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
hope this will not reduce my reputation,

can use any photo as avatar photo?

i think Quibit Admin use someone else photo(person, not a cartoon or thing)

anyway pretty, but is it good thing to follow?

48Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:10 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
@micky wrote:hope this will not reduce my reputation,

can use any photo as avatar photo?

i think Quibit Admin use someone else photo(person, not a cartoon or thing)

anyway pretty, but is it good thing to follow?

nop...it increased your reputation............. lol!

49Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:29 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@mark wrote:
@micky wrote:hope this will not reduce my reputation,
can use any photo as avatar photo?
i think Quibit Admin use someone else photo(person, not a cartoon or thing)
anyway pretty, but is it good thing to follow?
nop...it increased your reputation............. lol!


Few of us fought hard to initiate the +10 rep changed to the current so many of the member have voting rights. Glad to know you guys are enjoying it. Below is what I wrote before the change initiation... Rajitha also helped.



@slstock wrote:
@Quibit wrote:Yes, you are correct. Member needs minimum + 10 reputation points to get voting rights. This was implemented in order to ensure that member do not abuse them voting system.


Quibi

I posted this also under the Help section.

"I feel the new comers will be done injustice if they cannot exercise there rights for voting . +10 reps is not fair I think given that there will be limited number of people with reps over 10. Maybe you should look at number of postings + reps to determine to right balance."

Even amongst the Top posters discounting you there are only 7 people with over 10 reps. So how many actually to date can vote? Must a very less number. To dater I see 797 resigtered members. I get a feeling that over 96-98% of them cannot vote. This will discourage the new comers to post good as only limited minority can vote to encourage them.




50Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:39 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
@slstock wrote:
@mark wrote:
@micky wrote:hope this will not reduce my reputation,
can use any photo as avatar photo?
i think Quibit Admin use someone else photo(person, not a cartoon or thing)
anyway pretty, but is it good thing to follow?
nop...it increased your reputation............. lol!


Few of us fought hard to initiate the +10 rep changed to the current so many of the member have voting rights. Glad to know you guys are enjoying it. Below is what I wrote before the change initiation... Rajitha also helped.



@slstock wrote:
@Quibit wrote:Yes, you are correct. Member needs minimum + 10 reputation points to get voting rights. This was implemented in order to ensure that member do not abuse them voting system.


Quibi

I posted this also under the Help section.

"I feel the new comers will be done injustice if they cannot exercise there rights for voting . +10 reps is not fair I think given that there will be limited number of people with reps over 10. Maybe you should look at number of postings + reps to determine to right balance."

Even amongst the Top posters discounting you there are only 7 people with over 10 reps. So how many actually to date can vote? Must a very less number. To dater I see 797 resigtered members. I get a feeling that over 96-98% of them cannot vote. This will discourage the new comers to post good as only limited minority can vote to encourage them.





salute you friends........ Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

51Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:44 pm

$$$


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Great ...we need to share ideas and discuss that's why this is a forum and a democracy.

RESPECT EVERYONES opinion even if you don't agree with it.

52Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty MEMBER REPUTATION SYSTEM REVIVED on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:02 pm

Quibit

Quibit
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Members are required to have minimum of +10 Reputation points and Minimum 100 Posts before they are eligible to cast + or - Vote on Posts and Threads of other Members.
QB


NEW REVISION

Points
Positive Votes = +1 Points
Negative Votes = 0 Points
Thanks Button = +3

Voting Eligibility
Minimum No of Posts Required = 10 posts
Minimum Reputation Points Required = +1
Maximum Votes Per Day = 5

QB



Last edited by Quibit on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

53Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:14 pm

themask

themask
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Good move.

54Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:29 pm

duke


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Now everybody will spam to make it 100+. So if a person writes occasionally but good posts will have no privilege. If somebody just posts 100 posts without much value he'll have privileges.

55Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:37 pm

StocksWatch

StocksWatch
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@duke wrote:Now everybody will spam to make it 100+. So if a person writes occasionally but good posts will have no privilege. If somebody just posts 100 posts without much value he'll have privileges.

Yes duke, I have seen the forum full with twaddle lately. In few weeks time, it will be an effort to find a post with some valuable content or something to learn!

By the way Qubi, I thought you wanted others not to use capital letters in the titles of topics.

56Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:42 pm

themask

themask
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
But they need a min of +10 reputation as well. I think this will stop negative reps to good posts. I have seen many such instances and sometimes even the moderators had asked the reason for the negative reps.

57Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:19 pm

FXX

FXX
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
what about adding a Thanks button ?

58Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:24 pm

optimistic

optimistic
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
duke,

not only you need to have posted a minimum of 100 posts, you would also need to have a minimum of 10 positive reps as well. so unless a member doesnt satisfy both those conditions, he is unable to vote.

59Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:37 pm

Fresher


Moderator
Moderator
@optimistic wrote:duke,

not only you need to have posted a minimum of 100 posts, you would also need to have a minimum of 10 positive reps as well. so unless a member doesnt satisfy both those conditions, he is unable to vote.

those days some used to get + for writing kavis.
now even for a simple joke 5 ppl might give + Very Happy

60Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
It's a good move. Atleast we can minimize the -Rep for good posts.

Many times I have seen some members just post "Happy Trading". Is it just to increase the number of posts? We need some quality post ( not the quantity).

Just count number of "Happy trading" posts in this thread
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t3581p80-east-at-a-discount

61Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:42 pm

SL.Market

SL.Market
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
better if possible to declare those who giving -/+ reps..

anyway something better than nothing

Thanks

62Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:45 pm

Quibit

Quibit
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@duke wrote:Now everybody will spam to make it 100+. So if a person writes occasionally but good posts will have no privilege. If somebody just posts 100 posts without much value he'll have privileges.

We need to start somewhere, other option would have been to discontinue Reputation System completely for which most moderators disagreed. Members can reach 100 Spam Posts but it would be difficult for them to get +10 points. So I think this would hopefully solve the problem.

All these controls are to safeguard the genuine members and would be subject to change based on member response. If necessary there is an option to change the word "Reputation" to something else in its place. We could perhaps call this "Member Reaction" etc etc.. Please let me know you thoughts.

Thanks.

BTW. Capital letters are allowed to be used only by the Admin and Moderators. It will be used only to obtain the extra attention of the Members relating to important notices.

63Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:55 pm

RIO

RIO
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Quibit wrote:Members are required to have minimum of +10 Reputation points and Minimum 100 Posts before they are eligible to cast + or - Vote on Posts and Threads of other Members.
QB

So you have retained my voting rights...! bla bla bla it's un reasonable...apply your new rule to members who still do not have the voting rights...& not to revert our voting rghts which we practiced before the new rule...! No

Quibi you also like SEC top lady...all of a sudden imposing new rules & violating our privileges....!

64Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:02 pm

kam2011


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Dear friends,Last week I had 12+reps . But after I expressed my views by several posts to help others to learn how we could earn little money even in the bearish market, it has come down to 2. In most of my posts to support my observations I gave examples as well .In fact my intention was to share something what I learnt through my experience in share dealings.However according to new system I am not qualified to vote now untill +rep increase to required figure.This discourage us to discuss the matters wisely and encourage to support the forum to turn for one direction.Easy way to get more +reps here to talk only on fundamentals and hate all other factors which you can make some money by day trading or short term business.

65Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:07 pm

aladdin

aladdin
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Hats off for taking this decisions at this point rather than being late. Now i have one question and one suggestion.

Q1: What will happen to the victims of negative reps without a proper reason ? I have got 20 negative or something without any reason. And i noticed its some one intestinal does it for each reply i put.

S1 : Let the post owner see who has voted him/Her negative and the reason to be made for why negative given. Like the system used in ebay.com

66Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:21 pm

optimistic

optimistic
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Kam2011 and RIO,

please dont be discouraged by the new rule. i myself dont have voting rights. i'm sure you guys are here for genuine reasons. some people used the reputation system the way it is not intended to. so we were compelled to take this action. here's what you can do. keep posting analysis and quality commentary. no sooner, you guys will have the voting rights if you deserve it. i'm assuming all the members who are eligible to vote now will do so rightly as its intended to. i think we all should not take this reputation thing in to our heads too much. what if we disabled the voting system and nobody had voting right? if you refer to other online forums in SL like autolanka and etc, there's no such feature to vote in favor or against. reputation is earned for the right reasons. earn it, dont ask for it. sorry if i sounded too harsh. hope all you guys will understand.

67Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:34 pm

xhora

xhora
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Good move
I was thinking about suggesting something like that.

68Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:35 pm

kam2011


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Dear optimistic,
Thank you for your lovely comment. As you said we shouldn't worry about _rep. Certainly I am not worried. But the thing is members would be compelled to write in one direction due to this rep system.

69Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:25 pm

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@SL.Market wrote:better if possible to declare those who giving -/+ reps..

anyway something better than nothing

Thanks
No my friend. According Quibit, even moderators can't see who has given +/- Reps.

70Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:32 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@kam2011 wrote:Dear optimistic,
Thank you for your lovely comment. As you said we shouldn't worry about _rep. Certainly I am not worried. But the thing is members would be compelled to write in one direction due to this rep system.

Guys.. dont worry.. MODS will do the needful if you guys get - reps unnecessarily..We alsways value good posts..

71Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:35 pm

duke


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
How about removing the reputation field of the user and letting users to give + and - without restriction.
For a comment this can show us that people are agreeing and disagreeing. Think of it this way. A group of people are talking to each other and some people could nod (+) and some people could shake their heads (-). Most people don't like to write 'yes i agree, no i don't agree. This value could show us that, of a group. Then we can see the general view of the people by the + and - values related to a post not a poster.
Just a suggestion.

72Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:39 pm

kam2011


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@duke wrote:How about removing the reputation field of the user and letting users to give + and - without restriction.
For a comment this can show us that people are agreeing and disagreeing. Think of it this way. A group of people are talking to each other and some people could nod (+) and some people could shake their heads (-). Most people don't like to write 'yes i agree, no i don't agree. This value could show us that, of a group. Then we can see the general view of the people by the + and - values related to a post not a poster.
Just a suggestion.

I think this is a good suggestion.

73Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:04 pm

milanka

milanka
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
The proposed change was made after careful consideration and discussion. Hope all members agree on new system and help the forum to grow.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

74Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:10 pm

StocksWatch

StocksWatch
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
I believe reputation should still be there. It will help new members to identify the credibility of posters here. The issue is this right can easily be abued. So the recent move to revive the voting powers is good as it will control misuse of this right to some extent. I just hope it will not create unnecessary posts merely to increase the number of posts to qualify for voting rights. Anyway no system is perfect and we have to go for the best available option.

75Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:36 pm

TuskerLK

TuskerLK
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@duke wrote:How about removing the reputation field of the user and letting users to give + and - without restriction.
For a comment this can show us that people are agreeing and disagreeing. Think of it this way. A group of people are talking to each other and some people could nod (+) and some people could shake their heads (-). Most people don't like to write 'yes i agree, no i don't agree. This value could show us that, of a group. Then we can see the general view of the people by the + and - values related to a post not a poster.
Just a suggestion.

That's great idea, no need to show how many reps we have got so far, just expressing our view on the subject is well enough.

76Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:56 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@smallville wrote:
@kam2011 wrote:Dear optimistic,
Thank you for your lovely comment. As you said we shouldn't worry about _rep. Certainly I am not worried. But the thing is members would be compelled to write in one direction due to this rep system.

Guys.. dont worry.. MODS will do the needful if you guys get - reps unnecessarily..We alsways value good posts..
I wonder how we become a moderator?
I just feel that moderators have too much power in this forum..Do not get annoyed with me..This what I feel.
There should be more democrasy than hitlerism....Discussions should happen even in unpleasant ideas if it is not unethical.
Regarding this reputation system it is nice to have this type of system...It keeps us alive in angry mood or in good mood.

77Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:13 pm

wis


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
I never check a person's point numbers when reading posts. I have a selected set of people who I always read and another set of people I don't read usually unless there's nothing good. I know them by experience by reading their posts before. They may have -100 or +100 I have no idea.

78Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:14 pm

tkc

tkc
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@wis wrote:I never check a person's point numbers when reading posts. I have a selected set of people who I always read and another set of people I don't read usually unless there's nothing good. I know them by experience by reading their posts before. They may have -100 or +100 I have no idea.

Excellent post my friend!

79Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:28 pm

Chabbi

Chabbi
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@wis wrote:I never check a person's point numbers when reading posts. I have a selected set of people who I always read and another set of people I don't read usually unless there's nothing good. I know them by experience by reading their posts before. They may have -100 or +100 I have no idea.

Thumbs up cheers

80Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:03 pm

kam2011


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Monster wrote:It's a good move. Atleast we can minimize the -Rep for good posts.

Many times I have seen some members just post "Happy Trading". Is it just to increase the number of posts? We need some quality post ( not the quantity).

Just count number of "Happy trading" posts in this thread
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t3581p80-east-at-a-discount

monster,
whats wrong in my posts you are reffring to. At the end in some posts I have wished the members success using the words "happy trading". Dear monster, do you think there is no meaning at all in my posts. I kindly request you to read them again. Just because someone have become a moderator he/she should not behave like hitler. I can now understand who is giving so much - rep to me. That is because they do not like the content of my posts even they know those factors are true. But one day every body will have to face the reality. In fact I am not much worried about current status of the market. Every dark cloud has a silver line friend.

81Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:25 pm

Hiru


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
How a Stock Analyst become a moderator-i mean the career path?

82Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:32 pm

Chabbi

Chabbi
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@kam2011 wrote:
@Monster wrote:It's a good move. Atleast we can minimize the -Rep for good posts.

Many times I have seen some members just post "Happy Trading". Is it just to increase the number of posts? We need some quality post ( not the quantity).

Just count number of "Happy trading" posts in this thread
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t3581p80-east-at-a-discount

Just because someone have become a moderator he/she should not behave like hitler.

@ Kam2011

I have seen you many times .. your share your valuable thoughts... bt im Totally disagree with above highlighted WORD .......... Its Unfair Brother .....

Most of our Mod'S are providing abnormal effort with members.... So We all in one family ......... Y worries ..... Lets ready for HUNT $$$$$$$$ as a one forum member's Very Happy

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

83Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:41 pm

StocksWatch

StocksWatch
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
The mods are doing a reasonable job here to maintain the quality of this forum. I am grateful to them for their efforts. Remember it is always easy to criticize but harder to lead.

84Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:48 pm

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Chabbi wrote:
@kam2011 wrote:
@Monster wrote:It's a good move. Atleast we can minimize the -Rep for good posts.

Many times I have seen some members just post "Happy Trading". Is it just to increase the number of posts? We need some quality post ( not the quantity).

Just count number of "Happy trading" posts in this thread
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t3581p80-east-at-a-discount

Just because someone have become a moderator he/she should not behave like hitler.

@ Kam2011

I have seen you many times .. your share your valuable thoughts... bt im Totally disagree with above highlighted WORD .......... Its Unfair Brother .....

Most of our Mod'S are providing abnormal effort with members.... So We all in one family ......... Y worries ..... Lets ready for HUNT $$$$$$$$ as a one forum member's Very Happy

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
@ Kam2011
I was not referring to you. I was expressing my opinion generally. Not as a mod but as an ordinary member. I am not against to any one personally. What I said, we should avoid the comments "Thanks", "Agreed", "Happy Trading" etc... I am sorry If this hurt you.

85Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation/ Member Voting Eligibility on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:27 pm

kam2011


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
My dear Monster, I have read so many valueble posts of yours here. The image of you what I had in my mind was very great. But after I read the thread you stated in your previous post I was thoroughly disapointed. There are 7 posts in that thread and only in 3 posts you can see the words "happy trading" Two of them in two posts of SL.Market and one is mine. But in all 3 posts the words "happy trading" have been used after obsevations were made. Not just two words of" Happy Trading". Dear friend, I felt that your post indicates that we(SL.Market or/and kam2011)who used the words "Happy Trading" are just trying to increased the number of posts without any contribution to the forum. However if that was not your intention I feel sorry for my reaction. We can work together and share our viws in most useful manner only if we respect each othe'rs views and the way that they present it.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum