Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post
Market Place

Add an ad

View all ads

Latest topics

» Browns investments
by Winner123 Today at 4:29 pm

» PAN ASIA BANK
by samaritan Today at 7:03 am

» CFVF.N0000 - Deal at What price?
by Winner123 Yesterday at 8:35 pm

» Profitability of all the banks slides down on bigger margins
by hammurabi Yesterday at 8:25 pm

» Why AAIC Should trade above RS.50/-
by wisdom79 Yesterday at 8:17 pm

» Gotabaya Rajapaksha will named after 10th August. Aspi will move above 6500
by deli Yesterday at 7:43 pm

» කව්ද පකීර් ?(who is the Veteran)
by reyaz Yesterday at 7:32 pm

» Positive News
by samaritan Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» lOFC definitely will hit 6/-
by wealth123 Yesterday at 7:06 pm

» News AEL super report in this quarter Don't sell ..
by sheildskye Yesterday at 6:59 pm

» JKH will touch 175 very soon
by Teller Yesterday at 11:12 am

» HEXP : GOOD TO COLLECT BELOW RS.85
by Trader321 Yesterday at 10:20 am

» ASHO will hit moon. Deal with SLTB
by Bakka1988 Yesterday at 9:38 am

» LOLC Holding( LOLC N.0000)
by stockback Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:31 pm

» CFVF.N0000 :Amazing Result- Quarter Profit more than Half Billion
by Winner123 Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:43 pm

» GLASS (piramal glass ceylon plc) from
by Teller Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:02 am

» Kzoo vs onal
by wisdom79 Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:45 pm

» GREG is back
by wisdom79 Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:42 pm

» AAIC - Profit over one billion!!!!!
by wisdom79 Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:39 pm

» Sri Lankan Billionaire Dhammika Perera may Spend Rs. 10 Billion for a Presidential Campaign without any Risk! His Daily Casino Profits said to be over Rs. 50 Million
by Teller Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:40 am

» CFVF : Another dividend ?
by Promoney Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:28 pm

» CFVF.N0000 & PARQ.N0000 - These two counters Must be in your Portfolios
by Trader321 Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:39 pm

» PARQ.N0000 : Target Price Rs. 50 /=
by Hewagak Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:01 pm

» TAP Less than 1% Shares in the Market
by sanjulanka Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:10 pm

» AEL PRICE TUESDAY
by Winner123 Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:09 pm

» what is the future of KHL (JOHN KEELES HOTELS)
by bhanu Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:03 pm

» TKYO.X0000 will it move furthur?
by bhanu Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:00 pm

» stock market investors and cheated those who approached them.
by Asoka Samarakone Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:14 am

» LLMP can run in present market
by wealth123 Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:03 am

» Where Is Equity Champ
by Teller Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:52 am

» Pending AEL crossing @ Rs.20 deal near soon..
by EPS Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:26 pm

» HI EVERY ONE I'M NEW TO THE MARKET PLEASE HELP ME IS IT GOOD TIME TO ENTER THE MARKET AND WHAT IS GOOD TO BUy?
by King of vice Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:38 am

» Let's Pump And Dump BUT...
by King of vice Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:26 am

» Be careful CTBL share
by MarketWch Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:59 pm

» ඔරියන්ට් ෆ්යිනැන්ස් -විකිනීම ස්තිරයි - අද ද අයිලන්ඩ් පුවත් පත බලන්න 2020 වෙනකම් පුලුවන් නම් තියා ගන්න - අදහා ගන්න බැරි ආදායමක් ලබන්න
by sanjulanka Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:38 pm

» BFN BFN BFN ගොන් කම අත ඇරල ටික කාලයක් අල්ලන් හිටියනම් ඔක්කොමලා ගොඩ BFN BFN BUY AND HOLD -
by sanjulanka Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:11 am

» Next run DOCK?
by Eng Krishantha Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:41 pm

» EAST WEST PRICE
by Ahcha Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:13 pm

» Your thoughts about GREG.N and SPEN.N
by shihan 93 Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:31 am

» East West result is to be published
by samansilva Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:22 pm

» Union Bank website wins gold at dotCOMM awards 2019
by MarketWch Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:53 pm

» Prepare now, and get rich later.
by Asoka Samarakone Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:28 pm

» Hayles Result is out
by Capton KIng Cool Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:07 pm


You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » why srilankan stock market behavior like this?

why srilankan stock market behavior like this?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1why srilankan stock market behavior like this? Empty why srilankan stock market behavior like this? on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:10 pm

Eugine Fernando


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
To my knowledge  I never seen SL stock market behave like this, now SL stock market is fully politicized, those days market was reacted mostly on Company performance and announcements, little on political agenda. At present most of the companies are doing well and coming out with good profit and dividend, and also we are getting good positive news on Srilanka such as GSP+ and more Foreign companies willing to invest. but still market is not reacting the way it should be. During MR time though we got bad news like GSP+ withdrawal, Bombs here and there market was not effected like this. I think some hidden force behind this down fall. hope Gvnt. will come out with a solution to correct this. GL

Learner19


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
This is very obvious now. Today market is kept down artificially by selling down small quantities of following stocks.

1. DIAL - 3000  Rs 31,800  -7.39 points
2. SLTL - 1000  Rs 34,300   -4.09 points

Market is kept down by -11.48 points just by Rs. 66,100 creating a more negative picture and forcing others to sell and keeping market low. 

This is an organized crime.

Learner19


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
JKH and the market will be kept low until the remaining quantity of JKH is bought by the manipulating party. Then market will start moving. Until then what ever good news come in, market will not move. This is the pathetic situation in CSE. We dont need political uncertainty to bring the market down. Mere Rs 65,100 could bring the market down today. We will wait and see. They will bring up the market when they want. Ride with the tide.

Eugine Fernando


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Learner19 wrote:JKH and the market will be kept low until the remaining quantity of JKH is bought by the manipulating party. Then market will start moving. Until then what ever good news come in, market will not move. This is the pathetic situation in CSE. We dont need political uncertainty to bring the market down. Mere Rs 65,100 could bring the market down today. We will wait and see. They will bring up the market when they want. Ride with the tide.
Thanks for you commends. If they can bring up the market when they want, that itself a crime, market has to move freely, not in a artificial way.

kalu_mahaththaya


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
THE PERSON WHO PUBLISHED THIS TOPIC IS EATING "JACK LEAVES". PEOPLE ARE CONSIDERING MANY PARAMETERES BEFORE ENTERING INTO AN INVESTMENT DECISION. BECAUSE EVERYBODY WANTS TO GAIN PROFIT. THEIR DECISION DEPENDS ON MANY DIFFERENT MACRO AND MICRO VARIABLES AND FORECASTS OF MANY DIFFERENT INSTITUTIONS. PEOPLE DO NOT MUCH CARE ABOUT PROFIT MAKING OF COMAPNIES BUT STABILITY OF THE COMPANIES AND RISK OF THEIR INVESTMENTS.

Ryan Hudson


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Cannot agree with you more, this is organised crime

PrasannaMani

PrasannaMani
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@kalu_mahaththaya wrote:THE PERSON WHO PUBLISHED THIS TOPIC IS EATING "JACK LEAVES". PEOPLE ARE CONSIDERING MANY PARAMETERES BEFORE ENTERING INTO AN INVESTMENT DECISION. BECAUSE EVERYBODY WANTS TO GAIN PROFIT. THEIR DECISION DEPENDS ON MANY DIFFERENT MACRO AND MICRO VARIABLES AND FORECASTS OF MANY DIFFERENT INSTITUTIONS. PEOPLE DO NOT MUCH CARE ABOUT PROFIT MAKING OF COMAPNIES BUT STABILITY OF THE COMPANIES AND RISK OF THEIR INVESTMENTS.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PrasannaMani

PrasannaMani
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Eugine Fernando wrote:To my knowledge  I never seen SL stock market behave like this, now SL stock market is fully politicized, those days market was reacted mostly on Company performance and announcements, little on political agenda. At present most of the companies are doing well and coming out with good profit and dividend, and also we are getting good positive news on Srilanka such as GSP+ and more Foreign companies willing to invest. but still market is not reacting the way it should be. During MR time though we got bad news like GSP+ withdrawal, Bombs here and there market was not effected like this. I think some hidden force behind this down fall. hope Gvnt. will come out with a solution to correct this. GL

Think and invest.

Eugine Fernando


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@kalu_mahaththaya wrote:THE PERSON WHO PUBLISHED THIS TOPIC IS EATING "JACK LEAVES". PEOPLE ARE CONSIDERING MANY PARAMETERES BEFORE ENTERING INTO AN INVESTMENT DECISION. BECAUSE EVERYBODY WANTS TO GAIN PROFIT. THEIR DECISION DEPENDS ON MANY DIFFERENT MACRO AND MICRO VARIABLES AND FORECASTS OF MANY DIFFERENT INSTITUTIONS. PEOPLE DO NOT MUCH CARE ABOUT PROFIT MAKING OF COMAPNIES BUT STABILITY OF THE COMPANIES AND RISK OF THEIR INVESTMENTS.
YOU MUST BE EATING  `PUNNAKKU` THAT IS WHY YOU CAN NOT UNDERSTAND THE CURRENT MARKET MOVEMENT.

PrasannaMani

PrasannaMani
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Ryan Hudson wrote:Cannot agree with you more, this is organised crime
But we can't control the external factors.

Whats happening is not ethical...This is not new...This is How..

Rifanmoh


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
CSE is so small. Highly Vulnerable to such practices. But can they do this for long time?

Long term investors should not worry i guess.

PrasannaMani

PrasannaMani
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Eugine Fernando wrote:
@kalu_mahaththaya wrote:THE PERSON WHO PUBLISHED THIS TOPIC IS EATING "JACK LEAVES". PEOPLE ARE CONSIDERING MANY PARAMETERES BEFORE ENTERING INTO AN INVESTMENT DECISION. BECAUSE EVERYBODY WANTS TO GAIN PROFIT. THEIR DECISION DEPENDS ON MANY DIFFERENT MACRO AND MICRO VARIABLES AND FORECASTS OF MANY DIFFERENT INSTITUTIONS. PEOPLE DO NOT MUCH CARE ABOUT PROFIT MAKING OF COMAPNIES BUT STABILITY OF THE COMPANIES AND RISK OF THEIR INVESTMENTS.
YOU MUST BE EATING  `PUNNAKKU` THAT IS WHY YOU CAN NOT UNDERSTAND THE CURRENT MARKET MOVEMENT.
Come on buddy.Be cool. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

kalu_mahaththaya


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
ACCORDING TO EUGENE FERNANDO, SRI LANKAN STOCK MARKET CAN BE DROPPED DOWN BY A PERSON WHO HAS RS. 100,000/-..LOL..DUE TO THE FOOLISH POCILIES OF THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT, SRI LANKA IS NOW IN A "MONETARY BUBBLE".. IF IT BLASTS, THE ENTIRE ECONOMY WILL COLLAPSE..STILL NOW, WE ARE IN REVERSIBLE LEVEL..IF IT GOES ABOVE THE NOSE LIMIT " GOD HELP US"...THAT'S WHY BLOOMBERG AND ALL OTHER FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS HAVE DOWNGRADED SRI LANKA...

Eugine Fernando


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@kalu_mahaththaya wrote:ACCORDING TO EUGENE FERNANDO, SRI LANKAN STOCK MARKET CAN BE DROPPED DOWN BY A PERSON WHO HAS RS. 100,000/-..LOL..DUE TO THE FOOLISH POCILIES OF THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT, SRI LANKA IS NOW IN A "MONETARY BUBBLE".. IF IT BLASTS, THE ENTIRE ECONOMY WILL COLLAPSE..STILL NOW, WE ARE IN REVERSIBLE LEVEL..IF IT GOES ABOVE THE NOSE LIMIT " GOD HELP US"...THAT'S WHY BLOOMBERG AND ALL OTHER FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS HAVE DOWNGRADED SRI LANKA...
I agree, The Foolish Policies of the current Gvnt.  and also failing to implement budget proposals on revenue matters., but I don`t agree SL economy is in a very bad shape now as you mentioned, I thing now SL is moving on a correct path, that's why IMF & world bank coming out with so many financial supports. As par as I know Other than Bloomberg no other Financial institutions have downgraded Srilanka. Can you name the other Institutions which have downgraded Srilanka please.

Eugine Fernando


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Dear Bro. Kalu mahaththaya Pl. watch to day`s trading up to now they are playing with JKH to bring down the market. This is my worry Sad Sad Sad

kalu_mahaththaya


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@Eugine Fernando wrote:
@kalu_mahaththaya wrote:ACCORDING TO EUGENE FERNANDO, SRI LANKAN STOCK MARKET CAN BE DROPPED DOWN BY A PERSON WHO HAS RS. 100,000/-..LOL..DUE TO THE FOOLISH POCILIES OF THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT, SRI LANKA IS NOW IN A "MONETARY BUBBLE".. IF IT BLASTS, THE ENTIRE ECONOMY WILL COLLAPSE..STILL NOW, WE ARE IN REVERSIBLE LEVEL..IF IT GOES ABOVE THE NOSE LIMIT " GOD HELP US"...THAT'S WHY BLOOMBERG AND ALL OTHER FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS HAVE DOWNGRADED SRI LANKA...
I agree, The Foolish Policies of the current Gvnt.  and also failing to implement budget proposals on revenue matters., but I don`t agree SL economy is in a very bad shape now as you mentioned, I thing now SL is moving on a correct path, that's why IMF & world bank coming out with so many financial supports. As par as I know Other than Bloomberg no other Financial institutions have downgraded Srilanka. Can you name the other Institutions which have downgraded Srilanka please.
THEN WHAT ABOUT DOWNGRADINGS DONE BY WORLD RATING INSTITUTIONS?

kalu_mahaththaya


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
I'M SORRY EUGENE FERNANDO FOR THE LAST COMMENT OF " JACK LEAF" EATER...FIRST WE HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION..WHAT IS THIS "MONETARY BUBLE"...?  WHEN "YAHAPALANA" GOVERNMENT WAS ESTABLASHED THEY WANTED TO MANAGE THE BALANCE OF PAYMENT..THEY FOUND A METHOD NOT SHOWING THE CORRECT PICTURE AND EXPLOITING THE ECONOMIC INDICATORS.. THEY "PRINT MONEY" DAILY AND REPURCHASED THEM USING GOVERNMENT BONDS. " AMOUNT IN = AMOUNT OUT". THE CURRENCY HELD BY PUBLIC IS DECREASING AND CURRENCY HELD BY GOVT IS INCREASING...( THE CASE WILL BE EXPOSED WHEN THE BONDS BECOME MATURED") UNTIL THAT, IT DOES NOT AFFECT PROMINENTLY..WHEN IT IS EXPOSED RANIL OR ANY OTHER PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE ARE NOT IN SRI LANKA BECAUSE THE MATURITY PERIOD IS VERY LONG..WHEN THE SO CALLED " CANTRAL BANK ROBBERY" HAPPENED THE INTEREST APPRECIATION WORSEN THE SITUATION APPRECIATING BUBBLE EXPANTION RATE...WHEN IT BURST THE WHOLE COUNTRY BECOMES ANOTHER GREECE, MAY BE WORSEN...BLUMBERG NOW HAVE EXPERIENCE OF GREECE..RATING INSTITUTIONS ALSO..THAT'S WHY PEOPLE DOWNGRADED SRI LANKA.

kalu_mahaththaya


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
EUGENE FERNANDO, ANSWER FOR YOUR OBSERVATION IS SMALL INVESTORS ARE SELLING THEIR STOCKS BEFORE THE LARGE STOCK HOLDERS AND LARGE STOCK HOLDERS ARE WAITING AND OBSERVING WITH LOOSING CONFIDENCE..(RATS JUMPS OUT BEFORE THE SHIP SINKS AND PEOPLE TRIES TO KEEP THE SHIP WITHOUT SINKING..) WHO WINS? RATS OR PEOPLE...?

Eugine Fernando


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
I am  agreed on some of your points, Even I wanted, the Gvnt. should  confiscate total assets of PPT for CB Bond loss.,  but for the current Financial debacle former Gvnt. has to be blame the way they invested public money on unwanted projects and stealing on that. Even with the present Gvnt. most of the ministers are doing the same. I am not supporting any party, 98% of the present politicians are corrupt. What can we do, we have to live with them., and hopping for the best to happen. GL

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum