Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post
Market Place

Add an ad

View all ads

Latest topics

» Will ACME touch the peak in this week.?
by sanjulanka Today at 1:07 pm

» Look PAP Amazing company
by Nuwan Samarawickrama Today at 12:29 pm

» RENUKA CAPITAL PLC KZOO.N0000@2.80
by EquityChamp Today at 9:36 am

» Plantation sector
by EquityChamp Today at 9:31 am

» CBSL to reduce lending rates further to help SMEs
by EquityChamp Today at 6:54 am

» ACME AND LDEV
by EquityChamp Today at 6:49 am

» Time for BFN -ACME - LDEV -BALA
by EquityChamp Today at 6:47 am

» Guys Look for DPL@5.20
by fireshelter Yesterday at 10:53 pm

» LLUB Pattern reversed. Good buy @60, target +20%
by EquityChamp Yesterday at 8:37 pm

» Why AAIC Should trade above RS.50/-
by wisdom79 Yesterday at 8:33 pm

» Look APLA its trending to 98LKR
by EquityChamp Yesterday at 11:56 am

» SLTL should touch 30/-
by Teller Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:29 pm

» Sri Lanka Dialog Axiata net profits up 21-pct in June quarter
by EquityChamp Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:14 pm

» RCL.N0000 - Trading at a discounted prcice.
by EquityChamp Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:07 pm

» SFIN.N will hit Rs 15.50 today
by Teller Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:15 am

» CSE BULLISH MODE TO CONTINUE
by Yahapalanaya Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:34 pm

» AEL lovers good news..Rusi again back on the track to AEL....
by samansilva Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:25 pm

» TKYO.X0000 will it move furthur?
by MarketRambo Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:24 am

» Softlogic Eyes Asia, Africa For Expansion
by Capton KIng Cool Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:02 am

» Tommorow's winning encounters
by Winner123 Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:19 pm

» lOFC definitely will hit 6/-
by fireshelter Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:29 pm

» BFN BFN BFN ගොන් කම අත ඇරල ටික කාලයක් අල්ලන් හිටියනම් ඔක්කොමලා ගොඩ BFN BFN BUY AND HOLD -
by sanjulanka Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:38 pm

» Market will test 4700
by Promoney Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:38 am

» NEXT RUN People's leasing and Finance WAIT AND WATCH ENJOY RIDE..
by karuna2 Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:07 am

» SFIN.N will be the next bull run
by Bakka1988 Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:33 pm

» Next super star SINGER FINANCE..
by samansilva Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:49 am

» LOFC -XR big transaction
by Promoney Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:03 am

» Momentum will begin after 5400
by prabath Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:12 am

» WATA future looks good
by Teller Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:36 am

» RICH is not bad @ 9/-
by Teller Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:33 am

» NEXT GEM.. HNB Non voting (HNB X)..
by samansilva Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:20 pm

» LIOC upward curve
by samansilva Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:17 pm

» IDL IDL IDL
by samansilva Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:15 am

» No Confidance motion against the Government was defeted by 119 and 92 against. 13 Absent
by Capton KIng Cool Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:28 am

» Contact us for your bank instruments such as SBLC/BG/LC/MTN 100% Protected
by summitplc Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:04 pm

» Contact us for your bank instruments such as SBLC/BG/LC/MTN 100% Protected
by summitplc Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:00 pm

» PAN ASIA POWER
by Nuwan Samarawickrama Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:58 pm

» Today JVP's No confidance motation in the Parliment is Very cruicial .WHY?
by Yahapalanaya Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:33 pm

» Sri Lanka’s Royal Ceramics group expands contract manufacture in India
by shameen Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:53 am

» CIND , 10% guaranteed return
by Teller Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:45 am

» BUY AEL Few crossings on the way..
by rukshan1234 Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:51 pm

» Unisyst Engineering Known as(Alufab) have annouced a right issue
by Capton KIng Cool Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:43 pm

» what is the future of KHL (JOHN KEELES HOTELS)
by shameen Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:48 pm


You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » Maldives also Now facing Sri Lanka’s Same Debt Trap Syndrome

Maldives also Now facing Sri Lanka’s Same Debt Trap Syndrome

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Miss-Sangeetha

Miss-Sangeetha
Moderator
Moderator
The new Maldives government is considering pulling out of a free trade agreement with China, a top leader from the islands' governing alliance says.

"The free trade agreement is very one-sided... the numbers don't match," ex-president Mohamed Nasheed told the BBC.

The Maldives' parliament would not approve the law required for the trade deal to come into force, he added.

The comments come days after Mr Nasheed's ally Ibrahim Mohamed Solih became the Maldives' new president.

Mr Nasheed - a senior advisor to President Solih - was barred from contesting the September elections.

There has been no immediate response from China to the latest comments, but a week ago the Chinese embassy in the capital Male rejected a statement by Mr Nasheed in which he said his country risked falling into a debt trap with Beijing.

The previous president, Abdulla Yameen, preferred close links with China and signed the free trade agreement during a visit to Beijing last December.

China and Chinese companies have invested hundreds of millions of dollars in various infrastructure projects in the Indian Ocean nation, known for its luxury resorts and coral islands.

But Mr Nasheed's comments are seen as the latest sign of a backlash against Beijing in the Maldives.

The Indian-Ocean archipelago is among a number of small countries where China has invested billions of dollars building highways and ports as part of its Belt and Road Initiative, to promote trade between Asia and parts of the rest of the world.

Mr Nasheed also said China and Chinese companies have taken over a number of islands in the Maldives on leases ranging from 50 to 100 years.

"If any of these investments (in the islands) are not commercial then we must review it… Nothing was made public in the last five years," the former president said.

Mr Nasheed prefers close ties with India, which has been trying to regain its influence in the Maldives.

The Indian prime minister, Narendra Modi, was among the guests who attended the swearing-in of President Solih in the capital Male on Saturday.

Mr Solih is also expected to make his first state visit to India next month.

Source- https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-46269504

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Miss-Sangeetha wrote:The new Maldives government is considering pulling out of a free trade agreement with China, a top leader from the islands' governing alliance says.

"The free trade agreement is very one-sided... the numbers don't match," ex-president Mohamed Nasheed told the BBC.

The Maldives' parliament would not approve the law required for the trade deal to come into force, he added.

The comments come days after Mr Nasheed's ally Ibrahim Mohamed Solih became the Maldives' new president.

Mr Nasheed - a senior advisor to President Solih - was barred from contesting the September elections.

There has been no immediate response from China to the latest comments, but a week ago the Chinese embassy in the capital Male rejected a statement by Mr Nasheed in which he said his country risked falling into a debt trap with Beijing.

The previous president, Abdulla Yameen, preferred close links with China and signed the free trade agreement during a visit to Beijing last December.

China and Chinese companies have invested hundreds of millions of dollars in various infrastructure projects in the Indian Ocean nation, known for its luxury resorts and coral islands.

But Mr Nasheed's comments are seen as the latest sign of a backlash against Beijing in the Maldives.

The Indian-Ocean archipelago is among a number of small countries where China has invested billions of dollars building highways and ports as part of its Belt and Road Initiative, to promote trade between Asia and parts of the rest of the world.

Mr Nasheed also said China and Chinese companies have taken over a number of islands in the Maldives on leases ranging from 50 to 100 years.

"If any of these investments (in the islands) are not commercial then we must review it… Nothing was made public in the last five years," the former president said.

Mr Nasheed prefers close ties with India, which has been trying to regain its influence in the Maldives.

The Indian prime minister, Narendra Modi, was among the guests who attended the swearing-in of President Solih in the capital Male on Saturday.

Mr Solih is also expected to make his first state visit to India next month.

Source- https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-46269504
Here China's golaya MARA got Horu PM through back door. It is dangerous to India,US,UK,Europe, etc.Let's see the outcome Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
May be the new Maldivian govt must be like the ousted UNP govt who don't have the expertise to manage the nation's economy.

ranferdi

ranferdi
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@samaritan wrote:May be the new Maldivian govt must be like the ousted UNP govt who don't have the expertise to manage the nation's economy.

Managing National Economy with higher rated loans from China doesn't need expertise.

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@ranferdi wrote:
@samaritan wrote:May be the new Maldivian govt must be like the ousted UNP govt who don't have the expertise to manage the nation's economy.

Managing National Economy with higher rated loans from China doesn't need expertise.
A crisis situation warrants more skills & expertise than in a normal situ. The country has gone thro' its worse over the last nearly 4 years and nothing can be worse than that. Regarding the FTA with S'pore this govt did not abruptly say that it will cancel it but stated that it would review same, unlike the ousted govt's idiotic diplomacy like halting the Port City project abruptly.
Subsequently forced to strike a raw deal in relation to H'tota port mainly b'cos of the strained relationship. What i am saying is they should have stated that they would review the project in future and could have made the amendments to the agreement instead of throwing egg on China's face and in turn standing at their door with a begging bowl.

ranferdi

ranferdi
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@samaritan wrote:
@ranferdi wrote:
@samaritan wrote:May be the new Maldivian govt must be like the ousted UNP govt who don't have the expertise to manage the nation's economy.

Managing National Economy with higher rated loans from China doesn't need expertise.
A crisis situation warrants more skills & expertise than in a normal situ. The country has gone thro' its worse over the last nearly 4 years and nothing can be worse than that. Regarding the FTA with S'pore this govt did not abruptly say that it will cancel it but stated that it would review same, unlike the ousted govt's idiotic diplomacy like halting the Port City project abruptly.
Subsequently forced to strike a raw deal in relation to H'tota port mainly b'cos of the strained relationship. What i am saying is they should have stated that they would review the project in future and could have made the amendments to the agreement instead of throwing egg on China's face and in turn standing at their door with a begging bowl.
 government has gone through worst ever period because of debt burden created by Rajpassa.

IS that because of incapability that yahapalana government built up foreign reserves upt 7.2 billion USD ??

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@ranferdi wrote:
@samaritan wrote:
@ranferdi wrote:
@samaritan wrote:May be the new Maldivian govt must be like the ousted UNP govt who don't have the expertise to manage the nation's economy.

Managing National Economy with higher rated loans from China doesn't need expertise.
A crisis situation warrants more skills & expertise than in a normal situ. The country has gone thro' its worse over the last nearly 4 years and nothing can be worse than that. Regarding the FTA with S'pore this govt did not abruptly say that it will cancel it but stated that it would review same, unlike the ousted govt's idiotic diplomacy like halting the Port City project abruptly.
Subsequently forced to strike a raw deal in relation to H'tota port mainly b'cos of the strained relationship. What i am saying is they should have stated that they would review the project in future and could have made the amendments to the agreement instead of throwing egg on China's face and in turn standing at their door with a begging bowl.
 government has gone through worst ever period because of debt burden created by Rajpassa.

IS that because of incapability that yahapalana government built up foreign reserves upt 7.2 billion USD ??
Ponzi fame butterflies have borrowed more than USD 21billion since 2015 and casted doubts about loan repayment due early next year.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum