Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post
Market Place

Add an ad

View all ads

Latest topics

» LLUB Pattern reversed. Good buy @60, target +20%
by Bdcdman Today at 12:11 am

» USD Bond Issue 3 times over Subscribed.
by ranferdi Yesterday at 3:18 pm

» collect LLUB AND LEDV AND ECL ALONG WITH BFN
by MarketWch Yesterday at 1:45 pm

» LLUB in RISK...Government opened a Plant in Muthurajawela...Becareful
by MarketWch Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» Keep eye on Politics
by Yahapalanaya Yesterday at 9:46 am

» HEXP 2ND DIVIDEND
by Cricketman Yesterday at 5:21 am

» AEL Recommendation @ 14...
by ddrperera Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:20 pm

» Cut your losses without sinking in it, that's the only way to win in a falling market.
by bhanu Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:38 pm

» Senthilverl Drives Sri Lanka Stock Market Turnover to hit Rs.2 billion
by samaritan Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:57 am

» Dockyard can go beyond 60/-
by hammurabi Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:53 am

» lOFC definitely will hit 6/-
by BANDB Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:31 am

» Why should we elect Naganada kodi..as our next president
by Yahapalanaya Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:56 am

» SAMP Oversubscribed?
by Agape Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:52 pm

» LOFC - LDEV -EXPO ....BULL RUN TIME FOR COLLECTION ..
by Aruna Chandana Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:26 pm

» NEXT RUN People's leasing and Finance WAIT AND WATCH ENJOY RIDE..
by ddrperera Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:04 pm

» http://www.ft.lk/news/Controversial--Takeover-Act--repealed-by-Parliament/56-680434
by Capton KIng Cool Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:58 am

» SME M&A opportunity
by raheem72@gmail.com Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:41 am

» CIND , 10% guaranteed return
by Teller Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:46 am

» Look PAP Amazing company
by Teller Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:44 am

» Bottom of market
by Teller Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:52 pm

» Triple Top Reversal pattern
by Teller Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:16 pm

» BFN - PRIVATE PLACEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT TO COME SOON
by mahasona2 Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:00 pm

» Why AAIC Should trade above RS.50/-
by wisdom79 Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:38 pm

» PAN ASIA POWER
by Nuwan Samarawickrama Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:33 am

» Aluf will be better
by wisdom79 Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:50 am

» Stop promoting garbage. Don’t get deceived.
by wisdom79 Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:46 am

» RICH is not bad @ 9/-
by Teller Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:18 am

» BFN බොරු සෙලින් දාලා කොහොම හරි 11 වගේ ගානට 500000 එකතු කරගන්න කියලා අර 14 ට ලක්ශයක් සෙලින් දැම්මේ මේ ටේලර් මහත්තයාම තමයි
by Teller Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:16 am

» Be careful with HVA and LITE
by Teller Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:11 am

» WATA future looks good
by Teller Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:00 pm

» If i am the EPF buyer,I will go for PLC
by Teller Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:59 pm

» THE CURSE ON JKH
by Teller Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:04 am

» Why we should buy AEL.N0000…?
by Miss-Sangeetha Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:45 am

» The Curse Of AEL
by Yahapalanaya Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:06 pm

» 8 Finance companaies to be closed very soon
by samaritan Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:52 pm

» Copreus (Pvt) Ltd - Need some Information
by Copreus Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:44 pm

» BALA can come down to 9/-
by Teller Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:27 am

» MARKET UP......BUT BFL....GRAN....TAFL......
by Trader321 Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:31 pm

» TAFL - GOLDEN EGG IN POULTRY SECTOR
by Trader321 Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:29 pm

» MGT.N0000 & TJL.N0000 keep eye.
by Trader321 Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:58 pm

» TAFL.N000 / GRAN.N0000
by Trader321 Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:57 pm

» Market will test 4700
by karuna2 Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:08 pm

» Loss-making stockbrokers may not last six months
by Miss-Sangeetha Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:51 pm


You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » IMF delays Sri Lanka's loan discussion on political crisis

IMF delays Sri Lanka's loan discussion on political crisis

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Miss-Sangeetha

Miss-Sangeetha
Moderator
Moderator
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) said on Tuesday it had delayed discussions on Sri Lanka’s next loan tranche due to the country’s political crisis.
The IMF has disbursed over $1 billion out of a $1.5 billion three-year extended fund facility (EFF) loan it agreed in 2016. The aim was to avert a financial crisis and support the economic reform agenda of the government then in power.
That government was sacked on Oct. 26 by President Maithripala Sirisena due to differences with former prime minister Ranil Wickremesinghe, who was backing social market economic policies.
Since the removal of Wickremesinghe, Sirisena has dissolved the parliament and called for a fresh election, but the Supreme Court last week ordered a suspension of that decree until it had heard petitions challenging the move as unconstitutional.
In September, the IMF said its mission had made significant progress towards “reaching a staff-level agreement with the government on completing the fifth review of the EFF and discussions will continue during the annual meetings of the IMF and World Bank in October”.
On Tuesday an IMF spokesman told Reuters via email: “We are monitoring the situation and remain in close contact with our technical counterparts in Sri Lanka.”
“Program discussions on the 5th review of the IMF’s Extended Fund Facility are currently on hold, pending clarity on the political situation.”
After completion of the fifth review Sri Lanka would expect to receive a sixth tranche of about $250 million. The total loan was expected to have been disbursed with a seventh tranche by mid 2019.
The political crisis has hit the economy. Already the rupee currency has fallen about 1.8 percent since the crisis unfolded last month. On Monday, the rupee fell to a record low of 177.20 per dollar. Foreign investors have pulled out more than 30 billion rupees ($169.5 million) since the crisis unfolded on Oct. 26.
Moody’s also downgraded Sri Lanka on Tuesday for the first time since it started rating the country in 2010, blaming a political crisis for exacerbating already problematic finances. (Reuters)

ranferdi

ranferdi
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Miss-Sangeetha wrote:
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) said on Tuesday it had delayed discussions on Sri Lanka’s next loan tranche due to the country’s political crisis.
The IMF has disbursed over $1 billion out of a $1.5 billion three-year extended fund facility (EFF) loan it agreed in 2016. The aim was to avert a financial crisis and support the economic reform agenda of the government then in power.
That government was sacked on Oct. 26 by President Maithripala Sirisena due to differences with former prime minister Ranil Wickremesinghe, who was backing social market economic policies.
Since the removal of Wickremesinghe, Sirisena has dissolved the parliament and called for a fresh election, but the Supreme Court last week ordered a suspension of that decree until it had heard petitions challenging the move as unconstitutional.
In September, the IMF said its mission had made significant progress towards “reaching a staff-level agreement with the government on completing the fifth review of the EFF and discussions will continue during the annual meetings of the IMF and World Bank in October”.
On Tuesday an IMF spokesman told Reuters via email: “We are monitoring the situation and remain in close contact with our technical counterparts in Sri Lanka.”
“Program discussions on the 5th review of the IMF’s Extended Fund Facility are currently on hold, pending clarity on the political situation.”
After completion of the fifth review Sri Lanka would expect to receive a sixth tranche of about $250 million. The total loan was expected to have been disbursed with a seventh tranche by mid 2019.
The political crisis has hit the economy. Already the rupee currency has fallen about 1.8 percent since the crisis unfolded last month. On Monday, the rupee fell to a record low of 177.20 per dollar. Foreign investors have pulled out more than 30 billion rupees ($169.5 million) since the crisis unfolded on Oct. 26.
Moody’s also downgraded Sri Lanka on Tuesday for the first time since it started rating the country in 2010, blaming a political crisis for exacerbating already problematic finances. (Reuters)

Power Greedy Duo keeping country to ransom

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
COOMY PUNCHES MOODY'S


CB hits back at Moody's:
Calls rating downgrade unwarranted & unjustifiable.

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@samaritan wrote:COOMY PUNCHES MOODY'S


CB hits back at Moody's:
Calls rating downgrade unwarranted & unjustifiable.
Who will listen to CB under illegitimate government not recognised by international community... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

ranferdi

ranferdi
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@samaritan wrote:COOMY PUNCHES MOODY'S


CB hits back at Moody's:
Calls rating downgrade unwarranted & unjustifiable.
Who will listen to CB under illegitimate government not recognised by international community... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Anyways They will have no worries I think the Poli Mudalali China will come to rescue with 8% Interest rate. 
The people of banana land can have further period of austerity later when these loan repayments arrive.

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@ranferdi wrote:
@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@samaritan wrote:COOMY PUNCHES MOODY'S


CB hits back at Moody's:
Calls rating downgrade unwarranted & unjustifiable.
Who will listen to CB under illegitimate government not recognised by international community... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Anyways They will have no worries I think the Poli Mudalali China will come to rescue with 8% Interest rate. 
The people of banana land can have further period of austerity later when these loan repayments arrive.
Any chance of help from Swaziland?????? Wink

IMF delays Sri Lanka's loan discussion on political crisis  Xxxxxx10

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@ruwan326 wrote:
@ranferdi wrote:
@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@samaritan wrote:COOMY PUNCHES MOODY'S


CB hits back at Moody's:
Calls rating downgrade unwarranted & unjustifiable.
Who will listen to CB under illegitimate government not recognised by international community... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Anyways They will have no worries I think the Poli Mudalali China will come to rescue with 8% Interest rate. 
The people of banana land can have further period of austerity later when these loan repayments arrive.
Any chance of help from Swaziland?????? ;)

IMF delays Sri Lanka's loan discussion on political crisis  Xxxxxx10
The looted money from the Central Bank will be of help if recovered.IMF delays Sri Lanka's loan discussion on political crisis  Icon_biggrin

ranferdi

ranferdi
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@samaritan wrote:
@ruwan326 wrote:
@ranferdi wrote:
@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@samaritan wrote:COOMY PUNCHES MOODY'S


CB hits back at Moody's:
Calls rating downgrade unwarranted & unjustifiable.
Who will listen to CB under illegitimate government not recognised by international community... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Anyways They will have no worries I think the Poli Mudalali China will come to rescue with 8% Interest rate. 
The people of banana land can have further period of austerity later when these loan repayments arrive.
Any chance of help from Swaziland?????? Wink

IMF delays Sri Lanka's loan discussion on political crisis  Xxxxxx10
The looted money from the Central Bank will be of help if recovered.IMF delays Sri Lanka's loan discussion on political crisis  Icon_biggrin

Perpetual money 12.5 billion in custody of CB. 

What about recovering Avant Gaurde case losses to SLG which is estimated at 11 billion too.

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@ranferdi wrote:
@samaritan wrote:
@ruwan326 wrote:
@ranferdi wrote:
@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@samaritan wrote:COOMY PUNCHES MOODY'S


CB hits back at Moody's:
Calls rating downgrade unwarranted & unjustifiable.
Who will listen to CB under illegitimate government not recognised by international community... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Anyways They will have no worries I think the Poli Mudalali China will come to rescue with 8% Interest rate. 
The people of banana land can have further period of austerity later when these loan repayments arrive.
Any chance of help from Swaziland?????? ;)

IMF delays Sri Lanka's loan discussion on political crisis  Xxxxxx10
The looted money from the Central Bank will be of help if recovered.IMF delays Sri Lanka's loan discussion on political crisis  Icon_biggrin

Perpetual money 12.5 billion in custody of CB. 

What about recovering Avant Gaurde case losses to SLG which is estimated at 11 billion too.
Mastermind of the bond scam is roaming freely in a bullet proof car where bullets cannot enter but could exit. Bond scam caused at least 15 year long negative impact to the country's economy as stated by MS and also resulted in mkt int rates to go up by 3%. Furthermore the loss of reputation to the country is immeasurable.
 Avant Guarde case is pending.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum