Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post
Market Place

Add an ad

View all ads

Latest topics

» lOFC definitely will hit 6/-
by stockback Today at 2:29 pm

» Loss-making stockbrokers may not last six months
by samaritan Today at 2:08 pm

» Why we should buy AEL.N0000…?
by karuna2 Today at 1:27 pm

» ECL wAS 2.8 Last week Today 4.7 .Whats Next? Acme?
by karuna2 Today at 1:23 pm

» IDL IDL IDL
by Teller Yesterday at 6:18 pm

» Why AAIC Should trade above RS.50/-
by wisdom79 Yesterday at 7:18 am

» RICH is not bad @ 9/-
by Teller Yesterday at 2:52 am

» Look APLA its trending to 98LKR
by Teller Yesterday at 2:24 am

» WATA future looks good
by Teller Yesterday at 2:16 am

» SAMP Oversubscribed?
by Teller Yesterday at 2:13 am

» If i am the EPF buyer,I will go for PLC
by Teller Yesterday at 2:06 am

» BFN බොරු සෙලින් දාලා කොහොම හරි 11 වගේ ගානට 500000 එකතු කරගන්න කියලා අර 14 ට ලක්ශයක් සෙලින් දැම්මේ මේ ටේලර් මහත්තයාම තමයි
by Teller Yesterday at 1:57 am

» Apple Lost Sales in Europe to Chinese Firms Ahead of US Huawei Crackdown
by Teller Yesterday at 1:44 am

» Market is On The Rise.Market PER 8.5, EPF Has entered the market curently they are buying AEL (Access Enginering)There'r lot of counters. Rich,TkyoAsir,Amsl,Osea.CINV.EXPO,JINS and Tyre.good luck
by wisdom79 Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:55 pm

» Keep eye on Politics
by samaritan Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:06 pm

» Market will test 4700
by Yahapalanaya Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:42 am

» NEXT RUN People's leasing and Finance WAIT AND WATCH ENJOY RIDE..
by ddrperera Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:25 pm

» EPF Investment in Unquated copmanies .Who is responsible Previous Centeral Bank Governer and Former Regime.
by Capton KIng Cool Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:05 am

» PDL (Property Development)
by Capton KIng Cool Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:51 am

» EAST Steady at 18
by Cricketman Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:28 am

» Guys what happen these days
by Yahapalanaya Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:29 am

» its right time to buy PHAR@700
by Teller Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:50 am

» Look PAP Amazing company
by Teller Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:46 am

» Sri Lanka stocks end at near 1-month high on local buying; rupee gains
by Teller Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:33 am

» Maharaja ASI
by karuna2 Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:36 pm

» From 10th Onward no more Phillip only Asha securities lts before login go to setting and remove phillip and aply then it will work Good luck
by Yahapalanaya Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:25 pm

» ALHP WILL MOVE UP from next MONDAY
by Teller Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:20 pm

» PDL revised exit offer
by krishna Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:55 am

» ASHAPHILLIP SECURITIES
by Yahapalanaya Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:42 am

» Will CTC be effected?
by Yahapalanaya Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:48 am

» Guys Look for DPL@5.20
by Teller Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:36 am

» AEL GOOD BUY
by wisdom79 Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:47 pm

» Colombo Bourse reports the ‘Second Lowest Daily Turnover’ for the year 2019
by Miss-Sangeetha Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:25 pm

» What a Joke? who will invest in Sri lanka?
by Teller Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:30 pm

» senior citizen Interest Subsidy arrears of 33 billion rupees
by samaritan Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:48 am

» Dhammika also resposible this
by samaritan Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:47 am

» COLO.N https://www.cse.lk/home/company-info/COLO.N0000/announcementsNew
by Yahapalanaya Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:08 am

» Dark times - Sampath Bank
by samaritan Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:03 pm

» AAIC will kill investors money within 15 years
by wisdom79 Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:21 pm

» I couldn't log from Dubai
by Teller Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:12 pm

» Sri Lanka stocks extend fall despite rate cut in thin trade; rupee steady
by Teller Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:10 pm

» Why beg sirisena?
by Teller Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:02 pm

» Be vegetarian
by nuwanmja Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:48 am


You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » Plantation sector

Plantation sector

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Plantation sector Empty Plantation sector on Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:13 pm

charithaa


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
plantations sector shares are tend to be getting accumulated. Anyone have any idea? Is it due to budget or any other reason??

2Plantation sector Empty Re: Plantation sector on Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:26 pm

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@charithaa wrote:plantations sector shares are  tend to be getting accumulated. Anyone have any idea? Is it due to budget or any other reason??
Q-4 results coming due next month.
Q-3 was poor compare to Q 1& Q 2 and Q-4 results going to be better than previous reports.

This year government expect to improve exports and plantation going to be the key Wink

Hope to see experts comments too alien

3Plantation sector Empty Re: Plantation sector on Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:01 am

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
More countries fault Ceylon Tea
January 20, 2019

Sri Lankan authorities are worried over the concerns raised by a number of other countries pertaining to the residue levels found in Ceylon Tea after Japan in 2017, subjected imports to stringent checks.
Though the re-introduction of glyphosate on the plantations is likely to bring relief during its absence authorities state that even countries like Taiwan and Europe raised issues of maximum residue levels found in teas from Sri Lanka.

Regaining the lost glory of Ceylon Tea has become an issue and authorities have now informed Japan about the re-introduction of the use of glyphosate on the estates.
However, the authorities are still carrying out tests on the residue levels in tea exports resulting in high cost to exporters as the impact of the use of glyphosate would take time.

Tea Board officials told the Business Times that the re-introduction of glyphosate on the plantations was likely to bring hope and some solution to the crisis of residues found in Ceylon Tea shipped to Japan.
Sri Lanka banned the use of glyphosate on agricultural produce three years ago but subsequently in March last year the authorities lifted the ban on tea production.

Meanwhile, authorities note that another key issue pertaining to the testing of sugar in teas has been worked out by the Tea Research Institute (TRI).
They explained that the TRI had established the baseline data to be obtained in a bid to ensure that the authorities could carry out necessary testing of teas produced to detect the sugar added to the product.
The necessary guidelines to carry out such testing would be given out to the industry once the SLTB obtains the required approvals within the next few months.
It was noted that approval needs to be obtained once the boards are appointed that was likely to take place by around next week.

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/190120/business-times/more-countries-fault-ceylon-tea-331138.html

4Plantation sector Empty Re: Plantation sector on Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:02 pm

kalu351


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@ruwan326 wrote:More countries fault Ceylon Tea
January 20, 2019

Sri Lankan authorities are worried over the concerns raised by a number of other countries pertaining to the residue levels found in Ceylon Tea after Japan in 2017, subjected imports to stringent checks.
Though the re-introduction of glyphosate on the plantations is likely to bring relief during its absence authorities state that even countries like Taiwan and Europe raised issues of maximum residue levels found in teas from Sri Lanka.

Regaining the lost glory of Ceylon Tea has become an issue and authorities have now informed Japan about the re-introduction of the use of glyphosate on the estates.
However, the authorities are still carrying out tests on the residue levels in tea exports resulting in high cost to exporters as the impact of the use of glyphosate would take time.

Tea Board officials told the Business Times that the re-introduction of glyphosate on the plantations was likely to bring hope and some solution to the crisis of residues found in Ceylon Tea shipped to Japan.
Sri Lanka banned the use of glyphosate on agricultural produce three years ago but subsequently in March last year the authorities lifted the ban on tea production.

Meanwhile, authorities note that another key issue pertaining to the testing of sugar in teas has been worked out by the Tea Research Institute (TRI).
They explained that the TRI had established the baseline data to be obtained in a bid to ensure that the authorities could carry out necessary testing of teas produced to detect the sugar added to the product.
The necessary guidelines to carry out such testing would be given out to the industry once the SLTB obtains the required approvals within the next few months.
It was noted that approval needs to be obtained once the boards are appointed that was likely to take place by around next week.

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/190120/business-times/more-countries-fault-ceylon-tea-331138.html
This article is not completely correct and this is utter rubish

5Plantation sector Empty Re: Plantation sector on Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:12 pm

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@kalu351 wrote:
@ruwan326 wrote:More countries fault Ceylon Tea
January 20, 2019

Sri Lankan authorities are worried over the concerns raised by a number of other countries pertaining to the residue levels found in Ceylon Tea after Japan in 2017, subjected imports to stringent checks.
Though the re-introduction of glyphosate on the plantations is likely to bring relief during its absence authorities state that even countries like Taiwan and Europe raised issues of maximum residue levels found in teas from Sri Lanka.

Regaining the lost glory of Ceylon Tea has become an issue and authorities have now informed Japan about the re-introduction of the use of glyphosate on the estates.
However, the authorities are still carrying out tests on the residue levels in tea exports resulting in high cost to exporters as the impact of the use of glyphosate would take time.

Tea Board officials told the Business Times that the re-introduction of glyphosate on the plantations was likely to bring hope and some solution to the crisis of residues found in Ceylon Tea shipped to Japan.
Sri Lanka banned the use of glyphosate on agricultural produce three years ago but subsequently in March last year the authorities lifted the ban on tea production.

Meanwhile, authorities note that another key issue pertaining to the testing of sugar in teas has been worked out by the Tea Research Institute (TRI).
They explained that the TRI had established the baseline data to be obtained in a bid to ensure that the authorities could carry out necessary testing of teas produced to detect the sugar added to the product.
The necessary guidelines to carry out such testing would be given out to the industry once the SLTB obtains the required approvals within the next few months.
It was noted that approval needs to be obtained once the boards are appointed that was likely to take place by around next week.

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/190120/business-times/more-countries-fault-ceylon-tea-331138.html
This article is not completely correct and this is utter rubish
The way plantation counters run I doubt too Wink
Hope Q-4 results better than Q-3 Idea

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum