FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TIME TO CALL SLT ?
by sureshot Today at 7:42 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Yesterday at 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by blindhog Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:44 am

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

» KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000)
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:04 pm

» ARPICO INSURANCE PLC - Reports LKR 625mn loss for the FY2023
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:58 pm

» EXTERMINATORS PLC (EXT.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:59 am

» ALLIANCE FINANCE COMPANY PLC (ALLI.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:29 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:50 pm

» PINS (People's Insurance) will be another UAL
by sakuni Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:22 pm

» A New Record Price for One Tonne of Cocoa on the International Market
by ResearchMan Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:03 pm

» Access Engineering awarded two more contract packages at Colombo Port
by samansilva Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:05 pm

» FMCG Sector LMF, MEL and DIST
by buwr Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 am

» CEYLON GUARDIAN INVESTMENT TRUST PLC (GUAR)
by soileconomy Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:00 am

» RWSL - WATCH
by sureshot Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:39 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dusit Thani Sri Lanka project halted?

+3
Yahapalanaya
sjbush
ChooBoy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dusit Thani Sri Lanka project halted? Empty Dusit Thani Sri Lanka project halted? Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:43 pm

ChooBoy

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

ECONOMYNEXT – China’s Sino Great Wall International Engineering has got the contract to build a high-rise five-star beachfront property in southern Sri Lanka under the brand of Dusit Thani, Thailand’s hotel and property development company.

Dusit Thani Sri Lanka is promising investors estimated returns of 8% a year or guaranteed returns of 6% net paid quarterly in US dollars for five years on its apartments on a 500-metre strip on the Balapitiya beach. 

Buyers can lease back the apartments to Dusit Thani to manage with no ongoing costs. Owners get 21 day free stay each year and can expect potential capital gains.

“One bedroom ocean-view apartments priced from US$244,000 cost less than comparable property in Bali or the Maldives,” said Ajit Wijesinghe, a director of Indola Group, developer of the Beachfront Balapitiya property with hotel management company Dusit International.

Construction on the first phase of the property, comprising 162 apartments, starts 20 March 2017 and will take almost two years, he told a news conference.  

“Balapitiya is one of the best beaches on the main tourist strip in Sri Lanka between Bentota and Galle,” Wijesinghe said. “The property is accessible from the southern expressway with a 90 minute drive from the Katunayake international airport.”  

“We sold one tower and are now selling the second tower which is going very well,” he added. “We are guaranteeing 6% return which is much better than what you get in other countries. In Australia you’d be lucky to get 1-2%.”

About one third of the buyers are locals, one third expatriates and another third foreign  investors, Wijesinghe said.

“We selected Balapitiya as we see a lot of growth potential in the southern beaches,” he said. “Thailand gets 30 million tourists a year and we have only two million. Sri Lanka has a long way to go. The only thing we don’t have is a luxury product down south.” 

Paul Dwyer, director of Indola Group, said they expect to earn $200 million from retail sales when the entire property on eight and a half acres is complete. 

Good beach front property on Sri Lanka’s southern coast was hard to get with the main road and rail track running close to the beach. 

“It took us four and a half years to get the land,” Dwyer said. “Free hold title is very hard to get.”

Dusit Thani Sri Lanka will earn money from apartment sales and a management fee. 

About 15% of the second tower has also been sold, Dwyer said. 

Single bedroom apartments will be rented out for at least $200 a night. 

Investors can buy penthouses for $3.5 million upwards. 

Billy Tang, Sri Lanka Branch General Manager of Sino Great Wall International Engineering Pvt Ltd. a listed firm on the Shenzhen stock exchange, said they built the RIU Resort Hotel Project at Ahungalla.

Sino Great Wall International Engineering has also built 100 five-star hotels in China, he added.

Last edited by ChooBoy on Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Dusit Thani Sri Lanka project halted? Empty Re: Dusit Thani Sri Lanka project halted? Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:44 pm

ChooBoy

Contractors have been dismissed and project is on hold. There goes my penthouse for $3.2mn. Good luck for this who bought apartments.

3Dusit Thani Sri Lanka project halted? Empty Dusit Thani Project has not halted Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:54 pm

sjbush

Stock Trader

I am happy to report the Dusit Thani project has not halted. I am the developers project manager and can confirm the the original contractor Sino Great Wall are no longer on the project however they have been replaced by China State who are one of the largest contractors in the world and they successfully completed several projects in Sri Lanka. During the change over works have continued on the project.

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

sjbush wrote:I am happy to report the Dusit Thani project has not halted. I am the developers project manager and can confirm the the original contractor Sino Great Wall are no longer on the project however they have been replaced by China State who are one of the largest contractors in the world and they successfully completed several projects in Sri Lanka. During the change over works have continued on the project.
Good news in your first post.Welcome to forum.

5Dusit Thani Sri Lanka project halted? Empty Re: Dusit Thani Sri Lanka project halted? Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:44 am

ChooBoy

Mr Stephen Bush thanks for your reply. Can you explain us the reason why contractors were changed? Changing contractors is not a decision like changing clothes.

Also please let us know rhe current issues you have with BOI with regard to approvals.

6Dusit Thani Sri Lanka project halted? Empty Re: Dusit Thani Sri Lanka project halted? Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:59 pm

js71

Stock Trader

does anyone have any info about this project at the moment please?

thank you

alwayshungry likes this post

alwayshungry

Stock Trader

I'm not able to get hold of any person from the company. The quarterly payment has also been delayed for a month now. Has anyone any luck of getting a reply from this project?

js71 likes this post

js71

Stock Trader

Hi,

Yes same situation here. 
No email no phone replies. Payments stopped without any notice.
Do you live in Sri Lanka ? Maybe its good idea to visit their office either in Colombo or in Balpitya.
Let me know.

Regards

alwayshungry

Stock Trader

Unfortunately I do not live in Sri Lanka... Would be nice if other buyers who are in the country could read this thread and figure out what's going on

js71 likes this post

10Dusit Thani Sri Lanka project halted? Empty Re: Dusit Thani Sri Lanka project halted? Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:48 pm

js71

Stock Trader

Yes indeed. Maybe soon more people become aware.

I am also not permanently in SL and travel now is not so easy.

Would be nice if they discover this thread and read it as well.

Do you know any other buyers by any chance?

Lets keep in touch. If you can please write down my mobile number. +971505531656 for WhatsApp and send me a message so we can be in touch somehow and maybe others can join also.

If I have any news I will post it here as well.

Reagrds

11Dusit Thani Sri Lanka project halted? Empty Re: Dusit Thani Sri Lanka project halted? Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:16 am

Mosfbay

Stock Trader

I, too, am a buyer. I have been in touch with someone from the project. According to them there is a some sort of a legal battle amongst the owners. I am not certain how that affects the project. I can say monies that were promised have not materialized.  This is as of a couple of days ago.

Js71, I tried reaching out to you via the whatsapp phone number in your post without success.

js71 likes this post

12Dusit Thani Sri Lanka project halted? Empty Re: Dusit Thani Sri Lanka project halted? Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:36 am

js71

Stock Trader

Mosfbay wrote:I, too, am a buyer. I have been in touch with someone from the project. According to them there is a some sort of a legal battle amongst the owners. I am not certain how that affects the project. I can say monies that were promised have not materialized.  This is as of a couple of days ago.

Js71, I tried reaching out to you via the whatsapp phone number in your post without success.
Hi MOsfbay,

Please try again my WA is definitely on +971 50 5531656 ,or send me your number/email. I have moreless the same info and I was in touch with one of the owners and also another buyer. It good to connect.

regards

Mosfbay likes this post

13Dusit Thani Sri Lanka project halted? Empty Updates Dusit Thani Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:23 pm

KPO

Stock Trader

Does anyone have any updates on this project?

14Dusit Thani Sri Lanka project halted? Empty Re: Dusit Thani Sri Lanka project halted? Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:49 pm

js71

Stock Trader

project is currently halted because of the shareholders dispute and mismanagement. one of the shareholders wants to continue. situation is unclear. its a mess in general
there is a group on whatsapp and also you can contact them by emial if you are a client?

15Dusit Thani Sri Lanka project halted? Empty Project Defunct Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:41 am

Alexruiz

This project is officially defunct and the company is bankrupt. Its owners, who never put any money into the project at all and had to experience in this industry, have syphoned close to $5 million from buyers deposits in director fees and loans and have wasted millions in lavish marketing expenses. Paul is still lying to buyers about his ability to find an investor. A large number of buyers are preparing a lawsuit against the owners. The owners are also defendants in a criminal case

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum