FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

MR's popularity all time low!!

+9
bakapandithaya
rijayasooriya
mono
cseradar
Kithsiri
Rajitha
wiki
Niwa
dindon1
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26MR's popularity all time low!! - Page 2 Empty Re: MR's popularity all time low!! Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:46 pm

kas

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

I m not for or against MR.My question is who we are going to replace MR with??

27MR's popularity all time low!! - Page 2 Empty Re: MR's popularity all time low!! Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:00 am

Niwa

dindon1 wrote:
cseradar wrote:
dindon1 wrote:
Rajitha wrote:
Niwa wrote:the sentiment of the rural ppl are different compared to the urban ppl. we have to accept that development has reached every Conner of the country now.we dont have any alternative,known devil is good than unknown devil.we can expect 100% pure democracy all of sudden, situation is better that it was earlier regimes. Very Happy

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Shocked Very Happy Very Happy

No wonder Sri Lanka is this position as there are soo many people with the IQ like this guy!

What a shame if some one says "we have to accept that development has reached every Conner of the country now.we dont have any alternative,"
Where do you live?? In Sri Lanka or in Mars??

This is the problem with the people who represent the opposition of this country. They are against everything that the government does. When it was the war they were saying "Alimankada - Pamankada". When there is development they can't see it. - This is the very reason that the opposition lost and continues to loose elections.

What is good we have a accept. There is road development and other initiatives taken by the government which is good. e.g.: highways coming up - roads been done - colombo port expanded.

At the same time opposition can disapprove corruption - political culture - legal system freedom. - These things are wrong..!

If the opposition and its supporters (who calls them the wisdom and brains of the nation - A minority of max. 42%) will keep thinking like this I am afraid they will never get to rule this country...

Open for discussion.
Hey!! I am not from opposition.,In fact I voted for SLFP ,But I see things as it is, because I keep my mind open,Not sticking to a party for my life time.,Like most of uneducated,foolish people,but I do the needful for the country as it dues.,So you got it wrong at the first place.,Secondly.,don't forget, that every development is done by using the grants and loans from world organizations and future generations has to pay,So it should distributed (I am not saying equally for all regions but) where it needed the most,Here we see the government is artificially make a neediness mainly to Hambantota because they came from there.,Which is highly unacceptable.,Any government should cater the people as a country to be benefited by all.,It seems,two third majority,many siblings in the parliament,credit from winning the war,weak opposition like factors has strengthen the government more and been used to implement things what ever the manner they want.,Which is unacceptable.,I can not spend more time to explain even got heaps of examples.,

Hey big head dingdong, can you pl give me 1 example where a country developed without grants or loans. Malaysia, south Korea, Thailand are good examples where these grants and loans used for infrastructure development and eventually made those countries attractive for investors and development.
open your eyes and see the development activities taking place in the country now. all governments took these grants and loans but ended in vain. Colombo port development, Uper Kothmale power project, Norochchole coal power project, sothern high way,hambantota port and airport project, these are few examples.
we have had worse government than this, worse presidents than this but we dont have any alternative at this moment. we need a strong leadership now, not a homo like RW, to take the country forward. previous governments did nothing but theft our ,money but now something is happening if someone say this gov is stealing, still this is better than previous governments as we dont have any alternative.

28MR's popularity all time low!! - Page 2 Empty Re: MR's popularity all time low!! Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:04 am

Niwa

Rajitha wrote:
Niwa wrote:the sentiment of the rural ppl are different compared to the urban ppl. we have to accept that development has reached every Conner of the country now.we dont have any alternative,known devil is good than unknown devil.we can expect 100% pure democracy all of sudden, situation is better that it was earlier regimes. Very Happy

No wonder Sri Lanka is this position as there are soo many people with the IQ like this guy!

Sri Lanka is better positioned now in SL history. can you name any period of time in recent history where SL better positioned than this?. get checked your IQ first Mr.

29MR's popularity all time low!! - Page 2 Empty Re: MR's popularity all time low!! Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:25 pm

smallville

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

To all who are criticizing others - Guys if you cant be respectful and tolerate each and every one's views and if you're not having the patience to see others argue over ur comments, pls back off and refrain from further commenting..

The forum is not for condemning ppl but for construction arguments and knowledge sharing..

Just precisely and concisely lay your ideas without hurting others..

This is a REQUEST.. pls dont make this HARD...

Finally, I'm an independent viewer.. Just when I travel here and there I see a lot of infrastructure development projects being carried out in many areas of the country.. What ever the party anyone support, we must be ready to accept the good things even if those are coming from your enemy.. even its the the bitter truth you dont wanna believe..
I dont mind who the ruler is if the country is getting developed.. There are certain things that had been done which most of us wont accept.. Yet still we cannot forget that we're walking free in this country in this post war period..

30MR's popularity all time low!! - Page 2 Empty Re: MR's popularity all time low!! Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:56 pm

rijayasooriya

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

smallville wrote:To all who are criticizing others - Guys if you cant be respectful and tolerate each and every one's views and if you're not having the patience to see others argue over ur comments, pls back off and refrain from further commenting..

The forum is not for condemning ppl but for construction arguments and knowledge sharing..

Just precisely and concisely lay your ideas without hurting others..

This is a REQUEST.. pls dont make this HARD...

Finally, I'm an independent viewer.. Just when I travel here and there I see a lot of infrastructure development projects being carried out in many areas of the country.. What ever the party anyone support, we must be ready to accept the good things even if those are coming from your enemy.. even its the the bitter truth you dont wanna believe..
I dont mind who the ruler is if the country is getting developed.. There are certain things that had been done which most of us wont accept.. Yet still we cannot forget that we're walking free in this country in this post war period..
Agree with u small.It is not nice use words like IDIOT,FOOL etc.Those are actually insulting words.U can critisize but please do not use insulting words. As human beings we all/most are intelligent.

31MR's popularity all time low!! - Page 2 Empty Re: MR's popularity all time low!! Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:09 pm

cseradar

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Niwa wrote:
dindon1 wrote:
cseradar wrote:
dindon1 wrote:
Rajitha wrote:

What a shame if some one says "we have to accept that development has reached every Conner of the country now.we dont have any alternative,"
Where do you live?? In Sri Lanka or in Mars??

This is the problem with the people who represent the opposition of this country. They are against everything that the government does. When it was the war they were saying "Alimankada - Pamankada". When there is development they can't see it. - This is the very reason that the opposition lost and continues to loose elections.

What is good we have a accept. There is road development and other initiatives taken by the government which is good. e.g.: highways coming up - roads been done - colombo port expanded.

At the same time opposition can disapprove corruption - political culture - legal system freedom. - These things are wrong..!

If the opposition and its supporters (who calls them the wisdom and brains of the nation - A minority of max. 42%) will keep thinking like this I am afraid they will never get to rule this country...

Open for discussion.
Hey!! I am not from opposition.,In fact I voted for SLFP ,But I see things as it is, because I keep my mind open,Not sticking to a party for my life time.,Like most of uneducated,foolish people,but I do the needful for the country as it dues.,So you got it wrong at the first place.,Secondly.,don't forget, that every development is done by using the grants and loans from world organizations and future generations has to pay,So it should distributed (I am not saying equally for all regions but) where it needed the most,Here we see the government is artificially make a neediness mainly to Hambantota because they came from there.,Which is highly unacceptable.,Any government should cater the people as a country to be benefited by all.,It seems,two third majority,many siblings in the parliament,credit from winning the war,weak opposition like factors has strengthen the government more and been used to implement things what ever the manner they want.,Which is unacceptable.,I can not spend more time to explain even got heaps of examples.,

Hey big head dingdong, can you pl give me 1 example where a country developed without grants or loans. Malaysia, south Korea, Thailand are good examples where these grants and loans used for infrastructure development and eventually made those countries attractive for investors and development.
open your eyes and see the development activities taking place in the country now. all governments took these grants and loans but ended in vain. Colombo port development, Uper Kothmale power project, Norochchole coal power project, sothern high way,hambantota port and airport project, these are few examples.
we have had worse government than this, worse presidents than this but we dont have any alternative at this moment. we need a strong leadership now, not a homo like RW, to take the country forward. previous governments did nothing but theft our ,money but now something is happening if someone say this gov is stealing, still this is better than previous governments as we dont have any alternative.

Well said Niwa... But the problem is people like dindon who's EGO has made them blind won't see or realize the true picture... Just like all other members of the spectrum that dindon represents they will go on trying to humiliate people on personal matters thinking that they all are Mr. Perfects... Fortunately this sort of people are a clear minority in SL.

As you (Niwa) and many others in the forum this is by far the best government we had for some time. Yes- there may be corruption, the law and order of the nation may not function 100%... But there is substantial development and in my opinion we all have to support the good work... But at the same time strongly oppose the bad ones...!

32MR's popularity all time low!! - Page 2 Empty Re: MR's popularity all time low!! Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:18 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

All constructions are not Development affraid

33MR's popularity all time low!! - Page 2 Empty Re: MR's popularity all time low!! Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:07 am

Fred

Stock Trader

In every action there is an equal and opposite reaction this is in Physics. Similarly, in every decision there will be some who win and some who loose. When Vegetable Prices go up.. and the govt puts a cess on something in the guise of helping local farmer or even if it is to collect revenue, the cost of living goes up, and the Farmer gets extra money. The farmers investment in his far farming activity right now is a delivering a better ROI than in the CSE.

The govt is hell bent for what ever reason to have more food production. This is supported by fertiliser being available cheap. If you buy fertilizer in the Garden Shop, it clearly indicates the subsidy and it is a whopper. If some body disagrees on this he would never have bought fertilizer.

Rice price went to the ceiling and has come down now from about 60- 80 Rs.per kg two years ago to less than Rs.50 per kg for RED RAW RICE.

When rice was Rs.30.00 per kg, the farmer was getting Rs.12 to 14 Rs. per kg for his Paddy, he now gets about 22.00. My family who own some Paddy Land and the farmer works on Anda Cultivation through which he shares the earnings now get their share of the Profit, without trouble, whilst two years ago, we had to beg this guy to pay our share.

The Paddy prices which hit over 28.00 per kg has settled to 22.00 and the farmer is still happy.

The govt is repeating the same theory of creating an appetite for growing and through it to ensure self sufficiency or at least some Food security in the country for what can be grown. The recent attempt to get farmers to grow Mung Dhall and similar things as well as intercropping of Cocoa , Coffee etc in Land must be applauded.

These efforts do deliver money to the rural community and no doubt some of them are happy. I have seen that our own farmers do look prosperous when we visit them. They are less hostile to us than before when we check whether our share has been banked. So some good things happen.

I am struggling and fighting with the Bank to ensure that they do not force me to sell. Some of the CSE problems are centred around this kind of activity. The Bank right now is not accepting even a Blue Chip security from my own Portfolio as co-lateral to stay in the limit. Fortunately, they have so far not tried to force me to sell and do good. I will fight my case.

But see the number of people who are selling 100 share parcels at low prices on a daily basis. These are perhaps the very small investors who are compelled or have to do this to stay afloat. The Banks take this as a valuation of the share in determining the co-lateral value. The vicious cycle continues.

I can only say, that those who can need to fight this cycle to ensure the Market gets back to sanity.

As for other aspects of corruption, nepotism etc..I do not think I know enough to say anything albeit to say I do not agree with those decisions though in some instances they may even be right.

34MR's popularity all time low!! - Page 2 Empty Re: MR's popularity all time low!! Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:38 am

mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Fred your point about force selling seems true. Apart from JKH most of these companies have come down on very low volume, so much so that even collecting is difficult.

35MR's popularity all time low!! - Page 2 Empty Re: MR's popularity all time low!! Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:26 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi

@ cseradar / Niwa,

I am happy to see your ideas and writings here. You are the people who can take this county to the next step in development. You are the people who can evaluate the economies as a whole and invest wisely in CSE and join us in its real growth we expect to see in another 2-4 years.

Some people can see 2-3 meters while others can focus miles away.
Tho people who can see only few meters usually do business without any vision become panic sellers in bear markets bringing the prices further down.

Actually they help us by offering some shares at real cheap levels. While having the funding problem , I collected few during last 2 weeks also.

These people who make losses due to their wrong way of analyzing the current situation of the country think all others in this country have fallen into there levels .

We can see Mr. Fred's disclosure about the rural life at the moment and that area is one of the the strongest investment done by MR.
People who are confined in to their own cages dreaming about Hon. Presidents popularity going down to get some self-stimulation.
As Cseradar said, -
This is the problem with the people who represent the opposition of this country - and they never change their attitude.

36MR's popularity all time low!! - Page 2 Empty Re: MR's popularity all time low!! Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:26 am

mono

mono

after what happened on the 29th i don't there should be much doubt about MR's popularity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum