FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Today at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Today at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Today at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

HAYC - Haycarb PLC

+2
glwking
Monster
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HAYC - Haycarb PLC Empty HAYC - Haycarb PLC Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:35 am

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

HAYC, is a subsidy of Hayles. The largest coconut shell based activated carbon manufacturer. Haycarb group has manufacturing plants in Sri Lanka, Thailand and Indonesia with marketing offices in the UK, Australia and USA.

The net profit has dropped in the recent quarters due to charcoal shortage in the local market. Due to the shortage of charcoal locally, the company was compelled to import 55% of its total requirement.

In my opinion coconut shell charcoal shortage (coconut shortage) is due to heavy rain in the country in the last quarter. The net profit should increase in the coming quarters once they get enough raw material locally.
Activated carbon demand is increasing every year in the world.

Currently it's trading on PER around 7-8. NVPS is 96/-. It should break minimum 200/- if they can able to get EPS 5.0 in the next quarter. Currently trading between 155 - 160. Isn't it attractive at this level?

Your opinion please!

2HAYC - Haycarb PLC Empty Re: HAYC - Haycarb PLC Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:11 pm

glwking

glwking
Manager - Equity Analytics

I bought HAYC in December last year @ 170/-. Annual EPS looks good. But this is going down day by day. Is there any thing behind which we don't know? Mad

3HAYC - Haycarb PLC Empty Re: HAYC - Haycarb PLC Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:13 pm

UKboy

UKboy

glwking wrote:I bought HAYC in December last year @ 170/-. Annual EPS looks good. But this is going down day by day. Is there any thing behind which we don't know? Mad

Yes i'm also Red with HAYC for sometimes now & cannt figureout why its not moving. People dont like this share it seems. I dont think that most of the investors really care about all the HAYC issues ( charcoal etc) Monster mentioned. Gosh I wish they are.

I may buy some if it goes below Rs150.

4HAYC - Haycarb PLC Empty Re: HAYC - Haycarb PLC Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:20 pm

Monster

Monster

UKboy wrote:
glwking wrote:I bought HAYC in December last year @ 170/-. Annual EPS looks good. But this is going down day by day. Is there any thing behind which we don't know? Mad

Yes i'm also Red with HAYC for sometimes now & cannt figureout why its not moving. People dont like this share it seems. I dont think that most of the investors really care about all the HAYC issues ( charcoal etc) Monster mentioned. Gosh I wish they are.

I may buy some if it goes below Rs150.
Still I am not holding any HAYC shares, but I am keeping my eye on this. But I will be collecting if it's goes below 150 level. It dropped to 155/- this week, which is 52kw low.

5HAYC - Haycarb PLC Empty Re: HAYC - Haycarb PLC Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:34 pm

ShareShares

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

On the other hand HAYL is moving upwards, directors have collected HAYL shares recently again, RCL is also moving upwards, directors have purchased RCL shares as well. LFIN also perform well with an upward momentum. Is it some thing to do with proposal to merge these companies?

6HAYC - Haycarb PLC Empty Re: HAYC - Haycarb PLC Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:34 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

ShareShares wrote:On the other hand HAYL is moving upwards, directors have collected HAYL shares recently again, RCL is also moving upwards, directors have purchased RCL shares as well. LFIN also perform well with an upward momentum. Is it some thing to do with proposal to merge these companies?

I think this director buying HAYL is to anchor its dropppin market value.. It had a good run before Mr. KDDP made the mandatory offer and gradually fallen.. If they're showing any recovers with profits.. Yes it will hav another good time..

7HAYC - Haycarb PLC Empty Charcoal Effect Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:01 pm

ruchira nirash

Stock Trader

gUYS cHECK THIS OUT _
Sri Lanka Haycarb profits dip on higher charcoal prices, currency strength
Nov 02, 2010 (LBO) - Sri Lankan activated carbon manufacturer Haycarb's September quarter net profits fell 18 percent to 147.4 million rupees from a year ago owing to higher charcoal prices and stronger currencies, a statement said.

Sales of the group, part of the Hayleys conglomerate, rose 25 percent to 1.6 billion rupees in the September 2010 quarter.
The firm, which says it is the world's largest manufacturer of coconut shell-based activated carbon, said distribution and administration costs were sharply higher.

Earnings per share were 4.96 rupees in September 2010 compared with 6.06 rupees the year before.

"Local manufacturing operations posted a net profit growth of 10 percent for the half year, but profit for the second quarter reflected a decline of 11.6 percent over the corresponding quarter, principally as a result of higher charcoal prices," the company said.

Net profit for the first six months of the year rose 13.5 percent to 305 million rupees from the year before while group sales rose 22 percent to 3.1 billion rupees.

“Charcoal purchase prices in Sri Lanka have increased by more than 16 percent in comparison with the first six months of last year,” Haycarb Managing Director Rajitha Kariyawasan said.

The "significant appreciation" of local currencies against the US dollar in Indonesia, Thailand and Sri Lanka where Haycarb has manufacturing plants also reduced the group's gross margin, he said.
Higher raw material prices and appreciating currencies are expected to remain a challenge through the second half of the year, during which the impact of an increase in furnace oil prices would also be felt, Kariyawasan said.

The difficult economic environment in the US and Europe, along with intense competition makes it extremely difficult to pass on cost increases to customers, he said.

Haycarb's strategy of overhead recovery through higher capacity utilisation supported by growing demand for activated carbon and a focus on higher value products enabled it to mitigate to some extent the effect of increasing raw material and other production costs and the appreciation of local currencies, Kariyawasan said.

The company has also launched a new marketing campaign in international markets aimed at a strategic re-positioning of the firm as a top supplier of eco-friendly purification solutions for which Haycarb has developed a new corporate logo.

8HAYC - Haycarb PLC Empty Re: HAYC - Haycarb PLC Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:27 am

Monster

Monster

ruchira nirash wrote:gUYS cHECK THIS OUT _
Sri Lanka Haycarb profits dip on higher charcoal prices, currency strength
Nov 02, 2010 (LBO) - Sri Lankan activated carbon manufacturer Haycarb's September quarter net profits fell 18 percent to 147.4 million rupees from a year ago owing to higher charcoal prices and stronger currencies, a statement said.

Sales of the group, part of the Hayleys conglomerate, rose 25 percent to 1.6 billion rupees in the September 2010 quarter.
The firm, which says it is the world's largest manufacturer of coconut shell-based activated carbon, said distribution and administration costs were sharply higher.

Earnings per share were 4.96 rupees in September 2010 compared with 6.06 rupees the year before.

"Local manufacturing operations posted a net profit growth of 10 percent for the half year, but profit for the second quarter reflected a decline of 11.6 percent over the corresponding quarter, principally as a result of higher charcoal prices," the company said.

Net profit for the first six months of the year rose 13.5 percent to 305 million rupees from the year before while group sales rose 22 percent to 3.1 billion rupees.

“Charcoal purchase prices in Sri Lanka have increased by more than 16 percent in comparison with the first six months of last year,” Haycarb Managing Director Rajitha Kariyawasan said.

The "significant appreciation" of local currencies against the US dollar in Indonesia, Thailand and Sri Lanka where Haycarb has manufacturing plants also reduced the group's gross margin, he said.
Higher raw material prices and appreciating currencies are expected to remain a challenge through the second half of the year, during which the impact of an increase in furnace oil prices would also be felt, Kariyawasan said.

The difficult economic environment in the US and Europe, along with intense competition makes it extremely difficult to pass on cost increases to customers, he said.

Haycarb's strategy of overhead recovery through higher capacity utilisation supported by growing demand for activated carbon and a focus on higher value products enabled it to mitigate to some extent the effect of increasing raw material and other production costs and the appreciation of local currencies, Kariyawasan said.

The company has also launched a new marketing campaign in international markets aimed at a strategic re-positioning of the firm as a top supplier of eco-friendly purification solutions for which Haycarb has developed a new corporate logo.
This is an old news dude. But any how, thanks.

9HAYC - Haycarb PLC Empty Re: HAYC - Haycarb PLC Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:20 pm

glwking

glwking

HAYC is 52wk low today. I collected few hundred shares today. I think at this level it's attractive.

10HAYC - Haycarb PLC Empty Re: HAYC - Haycarb PLC Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:02 pm

Monster

Monster

glwking wrote:HAYC is 52wk low today. I collected few hundred shares today. I think at this level it's attractive.
Last 4 Q EPS is 20.42. Currently trading on lower PER. QoQ is dropped by nearly 40% in the previouse quarter due to the shortage of raw materials (coconut shell) in the local market. If they can get enough raw materials, they should earn good profit in the coming days.

11HAYC - Haycarb PLC Empty Re: HAYC - Haycarb PLC Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:46 am

UKboy

UKboy

glwking wrote:HAYC is 52wk low today. I collected few hundred shares today. I think at this level it's attractive.

Cannt believe how come it has gone this deep in red. As I said earlier somehow this is not an attractive share for many people. Anyway I will go fishing tomorrow I totally forgot it today Sad.

12HAYC - Haycarb PLC Empty Re: HAYC - Haycarb PLC Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:29 pm

Monster

Monster

Sri Lanka Haycarb mulls plantations acquisitions
Apr 05, 2011 (LBO) - Sri Lankan activated carbon manufacturer Haycarb is considering buying coconut plantations to ensure raw material supplies owing to shortages and rising prices, a company official said.
Rajitha Kariyawasan, managing director of Haycarb, a subsidiary of the Hayleys conglomerate, said the firm is also considering acquisitions to extend its global marketing reach and acquire technology.

The company has 15 percent of the global market for its coconut shell-based activated carbon products and is one of the few Sri Lankan firms that have become multi-national with production plants in Thailand and Indonesia.

Haycarb products are used in water and air purification and also in gold mining.

Almost 65 percent of the firm's cost of production is accounted for by its basic raw material - coconut shell charcoal, Kariyawasan told the LBO-LBR CEO forum Monday on placing Sri Lanka on the world map and the role of CEOs.

The forum, organised by Vanguard Management Services, was held at the Cinnamon Lakeside hotel and attended by company chief executives and other senior corporate officials.

A re-branding exercise last year revealed an "overwhelming need" for the company to make acquisitions to extend its distribution channel, acquire critical technology and ensure raw material supplies, Kariyawasan said.

The firm which has a total production capacity of 25,000 metric tonnes of activated carbon was considering acquisitions in the supply chain with backward integration in raw material.

"Today there's a crisis in commodities which are becoming scarce resources," Kariyawasan said, referring to sharp increases in the prices of key inputs like cotton and rubber that affect Sri Lankan manufacturers.

"The basic raw material for activated carbon, coconut shell, which you throw away after domestic consumption, is becoming a scarce resource.

"So being smart in the supply chain, we have been moving down the line into charcoal manufacturing and possibly, acquisition of plantations may become strategically important to support this brand," Kariyawasan said.

Haycarb already has its own charcoal manufacturing plant but is forced to import charcoal from time to time when local supplies run short.

High charcoal prices and a stronger rupee have also squeezed profit margins in recent quarters.

Last year coconut prices in Sri Lanka shot to record highs owing to shortages of nuts created by a poor harvest.

Coconut crops were reduced by the lagged affects of drought the previous year and lower application of fertiliser.

Kariyawasan also said Haycarb was considering acquisitions to expand its marketing channels, citing the manner in which medical gloves maker Ansell, where he had worked previously, expanded its global reach and acquired markets.

"At Haycarb a similar strategy is envisaged. We're looking to potential acquisitions - in the distribution channel, in value additions we could do out of Sri Lank and out of our overseas factories.

"It is very critical for us in acquiring the necessary applications knowledge."

Haycarb now does almost 80 percent domestic value addition.

"We aim to take it up to 90 percent. The importance of the product to Sri Lanka's economy lies in the tremendous value addition we do."

http://www.lbo.lk/fullstory.php?nid=1090101289

13HAYC - Haycarb PLC Empty Re: HAYC - Haycarb PLC Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:38 pm

smallville

smallville

HAYC has risen to 168 today but its reaching an overbought region according to stochastics tech charts..
However, looks good on buying side as other indicators indicators are on upside too

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=HAYC:SL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum