FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the Outcome of the Meeting ?

+28
wiki
godswen
chamith
smallville
Genting
insidertrader
dhanurrox
Rajaraam
wikum100
sanjaya351
soileconomy
illuminati
cseguide
MarketW
rijayasooriya
Jana
kaka
Appuhamy
Kumar
Rapaport
econ
sikka89
bakapandithaya
mra
Deva
sapumal
kasun333
Universalgoal
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

41What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:39 pm

dhanurrox

Vice President - Equity Analytics

sanjaya351 wrote:SEC Has advised brokers to table the requests in a proper documented manner by Monday and they will release the news by Tuesday-Wednesday ..

Hopefully little by little market will recover - EPF is also going to invest in CSE as they get some billions of rupees by Feb from T-Bonds .
Think from tomorrow collectors will start collecting ..

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Every beginning has an end - so this is the END of down trend hopefully .
Sanjaya this won't happen easily and simply as you say.

42What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:06 pm

rijayasooriya

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

illuminati wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:
illuminati wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:Meeting Meeting Meeting
Endless Useless Meeting

Why are you Sooo frustrated !
Are u delluted ? I am not frustrated.What I have said is these meeting are useless and endless...They can not even appoint a DG and they are playing with investers confidence.
Personally I have not got any problem with this meeting.I have margin trading facility and I am not on any credit and I have invested my money on my favourite counters as a long term investment.So I have not got any reason to get frustrated.

Good , Great ! keep holding to your favourite counters, and I wish all your counters will double, triple if not more this year. Well about me "the poor thing" will simply watch the fun.
Read carefully the poor thing.It is a longterm investment.

43What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:10 pm

wikum100

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

dhanurrox wrote:
sanjaya351 wrote:SEC Has advised brokers to table the requests in a proper documented manner by Monday and they will release the news by Tuesday-Wednesday ..

Hopefully little by little market will recover - EPF is also going to invest in CSE as they get some billions of rupees by Feb from T-Bonds .

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Sanjaya this won't happen easily and simply as you say.

mmm you are right ....they want to buy time ...most probably until 18th january .........until such time etf money can be put to cse .......see this ...
http://www.divaina.com/2012/01/11/news01.html

44What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:52 pm

insidertrader

Manager - Equity Analytics

At the extreme case if the SEC bend to brokers, what would be the effect of let's say giving a bit more broker credit for what is already given broker credit from last year? If retail traders buy shares on credit they will get trapped in paying more interests. And the interest rates are going up. The actual company growth is like -10 - 10%. Only good news are driving the market. What will happen in a few weeks later when there are no other good news to run the market?
Price band only affects speculative stocks which pump up by a huge amount which will not happen in usual circumstances. So it's has no effect on the overall share market.

45What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:59 pm

Genting

I feel...

if( (2012.01.12.Market.Volume > Rs1bn) || (2012.01.13.Market.Volume > Rs1bn) )
{ Market.BigPlayers = True;
Market.CreditAllow = True;
Market.SmallPlayer.Active();
}
else
{
Market.BigPlayers = False;
Market.CreditAllow = False;
Market.SmallPlayer.Distruct();
Market.Distruct();
}

Smile

46What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:39 am

soileconomy

soileconomy

Sanjaya .That EPF/PENSION funds are going to be amended to make investments in equity market.But it has to be approved by the parliament .
I heard that this bill will be presented by 18th of January.
If it approved it will give some oxygen ,but they should not buy over valued stocks ,like they did in the past which led to controversial issues

47What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty EPF PENSION FUNDS Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:40 am

sanjaya351

soileconomy wrote:Sanjaya .That EPF/PENSION funds are going to be amended to make investments in equity market.But it has to be approved by the parliament .
I heard that this bill will be presented by 18th of January.
If it approved it will give some oxygen ,but they should not buy over valued stocks ,like they did in the past which led to controversial issues

Hey ,

Its already approved by the cabinet - Once it's approved by the Cabinet who can say no - in this parliment oppasition is 000..I dont say that's a good thing - but it's the real situation -From 18th This fund will come to the market & on most likely 18th the other good news will also come to the floor ..

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

48What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:41 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

I know for the fact so many brokers, especially investment advisors refer this forum for their decision making cuz most of the decisions here are based around some fundamental reasoning except for few GREG promotions Wink

But I still couldn't find the broker firm your work for.. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Would you simply do the honors? Wink

49What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:15 am

chamith

chamith
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Genting wrote:
}
else
{
Market.Distruct();
}
)

This must be the language that Arther C Clark state in his 2001, 2010, 2061 bookset

50What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:41 am

godswen

godswen

Genting wrote:

Will Fail! :/

51What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:42 am

wiki

Genting wrote:I feel...

}
else
{
Market.Distruct();
}

Smile
you have put it nicely ..... what about foreign players

52What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:00 am

mra

mra

rijayasooriya wrote:
illuminati wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:
illuminati wrote:
Endless Useless Meeting

Are u delluted ? I am not frustrated.What I have said is these meeting are useless and endless...They can not even appoint a DG and they are playing with investers confidence.
Personally I have not got any problem with this meeting.I have margin trading facility and I am not on any credit and I have invested my money on my favourite counters as a long term investment.So I have not got any reason to get frustrated.

Good , Great ! keep holding to your favourite counters, and I wish all your counters will double, triple if not more this year. Well about me "the poor thing" will simply watch the fun.

Oh what will happen for long term portfolio if broker credit not granted? think reverse also pls....

53What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:07 am

aj

What can more credit give to the stock market? Brokers can give credit since last August. Did that improve anything?

54What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:23 am

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

mra wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:
illuminati wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:
illuminati wrote:
Endless Useless Meeting

Oh what will happen for long term portfolio if broker credit not granted? think reverse also pls....
As we have discussed earlier broker credit will give only tempory boost to the market.Actual money should come in the meantime.
Another thing is market behaves cyclicly.Therefore there will be end to this bear cycle also.So if u invest in undervalued good companies I do not think that there would be a big problem.

55What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:38 am

smallville

smallville

mra wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:
illuminati wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:
illuminati wrote:
Endless Useless Meeting

Why u need broker credit when margin facility is provided?

I think only worry is financing the margin with funds you have but any person who goes for margin should have alternatives to pay margin calls in an uncertainity market like this Wink

56What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:53 am

sapumal

sikka89 wrote:16 HOLIDAY??????

They know that. That's why they put it to Monday. On Tuesday they will reschedule a date

57What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:00 pm

wsaman

wsaman

Decisions have been post phoned to monday..
will see on monday...

58What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:03 pm

Universalgoal

it is not a surprice all the SEC opointment made by Politics

(verry funny they dont know that Monday is a holiday, wondering that they know there is a place call CSE and bcs of them it is sinking day by day)

59What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:34 pm

ranjanie

Thousands of hopes gone to the dog. Market is coming down drastically. Outcome of the meeting will be negative .Isn't it experts?.

60What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:18 pm

mra

mra

wsaman wrote:Decisions have been post phoned to monday..
will see on monday...

too late buddy..my gut feeling is today's buyers will have a good honey moon nXt week... cheers

61What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:32 pm

Rajaraam

ranjanie wrote:Thousands of hopes gone to the dog. Market is coming down drastically. Outcome of the meeting will be negative .Isn't it experts?.

I dont think so. Every day we cant expect green. Today both Indices closed with negative figures but we noted lot of shares were traded beyond yesterday's prce levels in early hrs.

62What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:18 pm

aj

Why is the meeting decisions so important? Only things they may give is giving a tiny bit more credit than what we already have. (I hope SEC will be not foolish to give virtual money to brokers) Brokers can give credit since August 2011. And the removal of the price band and implement another method for that.
Why would those things matter so much that people think this meeting decisions are the major turning point?
It is obvious that the meetings are what drives the market because there's nothing else of worthwhile in the market.

63What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:05 pm

Appuhamy

I think, Sri lanka may be the only country where Some people here suffer when the market is rising. That is why they only see negative aspect of the meeting. poor guys. I think they would have not gain a any profit since 2010 due to their traditional invest strategies. People who are smart enough to gain short term gains are real winners.

64What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Rajaraam

Appuhamy wrote:
I think, Sri lanka may be the only country where Some people here suffer when the market is rising. That is why they only see negative aspect of the meeting. poor guys. I think they would have not gain a any profit since 2010 due to their traditional invest strategies. People who are smart enough to gain short term gains are real winners.

You are absolutely right 'Appuhami'. How much earned some members who do trade with right strategy during last 20 days while few frustrated ppl are posting baseless negative points. Cant help. Let them wait till ASI drop to 3000 level.During that time others could make good money I believe.

65What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:15 pm

Kumar

Kumar

Rajaraam wrote:
Appuhamy wrote:

You are absolutely right 'Appuhami'. How much earned some members who do trade with right strategy during last 20 days while few frustrated ppl are posting baseless negative points. Cant help. Let them wait till ASI drop to 3000 level.During that time others could make good money I believe.

You are right.

66What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the Outcome of the Meeting ? Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:57 pm

rubber.trader

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Kumar wrote:
Rajaraam wrote:
Appuhamy wrote:

You are right.

Exactly right!
Sri Lanka is the only country in the world where short selling is not allowed. When there is a brief up swing in a long down turn traders all over the world sell short. But here the only thing one can do is to try to catch a falling knife and to try to sell it at the top of the swing high.
Obviously trying to catch a falling knife is a very dangerous pass time, so people tend to get frustrated.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum