FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks? - Page 2 Vote_lcap68%Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 68% [ 178 ]
Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% [ 47 ]
Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% [ 35 ]

Total Votes : 260

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks?

Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks?

+12
tubal
antxster
Academic
xmart
wis
UKboy
bullrun
praba11
salt
swan03
chamith
MarketSIRA
16 posters

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 1]

21Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks? Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:24 pm

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

@antxster wrote:Thanks for your -minus reputation as well. ^^

Your minus reputation is not from me (I am out of votes for the day, but you can expect one from me early tommorow morning).

22Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks? Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:28 pm

mark

Expert
Expert

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

23Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks? Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:36 pm

mark

Expert
Expert

@swan03 wrote:
@chamith wrote:Sirawata.....
Why da markt dwn?? confused

Im also wondering abt that.

if say sirawatama...................
guys do you like a market which rise rapidly?............which have a never ending up runs?..................
don't you expecting a correction?
market should have everything,this is the time where check your patience..
so be patient,don't be a panic seller.........
whatever goes down will come to it's previous stages...........defa Smile Smile Smile Smile

24Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks? Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:26 pm

Berryfund

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

@Academic wrote:As I have repeatedly mentioned on the forum, the market is heading to a deep, deep end. However, I'm still not sure of the turning date. Anyway it would be on or before 1st April, 2011.

Oppose to some posts here, I don't expect this red would drag beyond March.

Why we don't talk about following SEC Circular. According to the information avaliable most of the the Margin Provider's exposure was 10 times the value of its net capital. Simply SEC has taken control measures.

Ref: SEC/LEG/11/02/41
CIRCULAR NO: 02 12011
21'' February 2011
To: All Registered Market Intermediaries under the categcrrysf Margin Pro~vi.d ers ~
DIRECTIVE UNDER SECTION 13 (c) OF THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
OF SRI LANKA ACT NO. 36 OF 1987 (AS AMENDED1

The Securities and Exchange Commission of Sri Lanka (SEC) hereby directs all registered Margin
Providers, otherthan those registered Margin Providers also licenced and regulated by the Central
Bank of Sri Lanka as follows;

"The Margin Provider's exposure against the aggregate value of the loans extended as margin
should at no time exceed 4 times the value of its net capital."

The above directive shall not be applicable to registered Margin Providers licenced and regulated by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka. Such institutions shall abide by the requirements stipulated by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka on credit exposure, which is determined according to the capital adequacy requirements imposed by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka.

This directive shall be effective from 1'' March 2011.

Please note that Rule 05. (Cool of the Specific Rules for Margin Providers under Rules for All Market
Intermediaries of the SEC stands amended as per the above directive.

25Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks? Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:16 am

Academic

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

@tubal wrote:
@antxster wrote:lol. wtf

As a self confessed newbie, you should be more respectful to academic who has proven himself to be a good analyst. He is one of the handful of people who called the market top accurately, which is probably the point at which you started buying.

@antxster wrote:Hmm.

1. I am not refering to "academic"
2. I did not quote his text.
3. What makes you think that i'm refering to him?
4. I laugh because I agreed with praba11 (Post #5)

Chill tubal!

It is just an opinion. I respect your freedom to express. One correct prediction doesn't prove that I'm an expert!

26Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks? Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:23 pm

manike100

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

I am also having the same problem.
According to my investigation, there are several.

1) Overall P/E ratio is bit higher. (At present the Price Earning ratio (P/E ratio) is high as it is calculated based results of March last year. However, the analysts expect that the P/E ratio will be below 20 by March.)
2) CSE is getting more and more IPOs in this year (SEC believe they can control the Bullish behavior of the market for some far, with this IPOs)
3) Middle East crisis.
a. Since this will directly impact with the oil price, it will be a big negative point for investors.
b. Considerable amount of export business are related with Middle East.
4) Most of the investors have taken a huge profit with last set of rally’s

I assume due to the above reasons, foreign investors are trying to play the safe game. So they start selling.

When they are selling, prices can go down some amount.

With this down tern, local panic sellers start their game. This will mess up everything.

And also with the credit clearance policy this will get more complicated. Due to this policy and the market down turn, the strong investors who do not get panic, have to get panic unfortunately pale pale

So no idea until when it continues.

27Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks? Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:25 pm

tubal

@manike100 wrote:I am also having the same problem.
According to my investigation, there are several.

1) Overall P/E ratio is bit higher. (At present the Price Earning ratio (P/E ratio) is high as it is calculated based results of March last year. However, the analysts expect that the P/E ratio will be below 20 by March.)
2) CSE is getting more and more IPOs in this year (SEC believe they can control the Bullish behavior of the market for some far, with this IPOs)
3) Middle East crisis.
a. Since this will directly impact with the oil price, it will be a big negative point for investors.
b. Considerable amount of export business are related with Middle East.
4) Most of the investors have taken a huge profit with last set of rally’s

I assume due to the above reasons, foreign investors are trying to play the safe game. So they start selling.

When they are selling, prices can go down some amount.

With this down tern, local panic sellers start their game. This will mess up everything.

And also with the credit clearance policy this will get more complicated. Due to this policy and the market down turn, the strong investors who do not get panic, have to get panic unfortunately pale pale

So no idea until when it continues.

Good arguments until you veered off the track with that comment about foreign selling. They have been selling for about an year without a break.

28Why Sudden fall in Colombo Stocks? - Page 2 Empty Volatility Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:49 am

pradeepk

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

..............Volatility is one of the best phenomenon without which stock markets will loose its charm. It is the tendency of fluctuation of market indices over a period of time; more is the fluctuation, higher is the volatility. The ups and downs of stock prices is what that adds spice to the market behaviour. This see-sawing effect has its own implications, both good and bad. Good, because prudent investors taking advantage buy on dips and sell on highs for profit booking.....(http://www.sharemarketbasics.com)

What do you think a prudent investor would do when his portfolio tripples????
Do you think big fishes doing at this situ.just sitting and waiting there, how many crossings, and big collections noticed during these days.

>>What goes round comes round very much applies here<

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum