FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TIME TO CALL SLT ?
by sureshot Today at 7:42 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Yesterday at 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by blindhog Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:44 am

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

» KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000)
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:04 pm

» ARPICO INSURANCE PLC - Reports LKR 625mn loss for the FY2023
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:58 pm

» EXTERMINATORS PLC (EXT.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:59 am

» ALLIANCE FINANCE COMPANY PLC (ALLI.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:29 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:50 pm

» PINS (People's Insurance) will be another UAL
by sakuni Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:22 pm

» A New Record Price for One Tonne of Cocoa on the International Market
by ResearchMan Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:03 pm

» Access Engineering awarded two more contract packages at Colombo Port
by samansilva Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:05 pm

» FMCG Sector LMF, MEL and DIST
by buwr Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 am

» CEYLON GUARDIAN INVESTMENT TRUST PLC (GUAR)
by soileconomy Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:00 am

» RWSL - WATCH
by sureshot Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:39 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES

+153
ADVENTUS
Chula
DeepFreakingValue
Jacob1965
AmateurTrader001
MarketGema
madukp
Beyondsenses
Shivanthi_D
Equity Win
CSE--Leaks
J-CAT
MoneyLover
Wickyz
ChooBoy
StockGuru
Aubrey Perera
sharemarket
Jeremy
dsam
SHARK aka TAH
gagamini
wiser
yellow knife
Jiggysaurus
viper123
cseguide
dhanurrox
ajithg
rishanpossitive
jonta999
ethical.investor
balapas
bullet.11
ravi1
mahendra1
warrior
NZ BOY
sahan8896
intelligent1
deva1
chari
jonny
Prince
madhawa.h
Arena
Marketinvest
stockmania
Takecharge
notme
Barren Wuffete
m2_yapa
TheProfessional2013
WildBear
celtic tiger
stockboy
nimantha80
NaminiInduwara
MalakaDesmond
BandulaSM
malanp
Savantha Denipitiya
Fresher
wgsaman
sanju351
shan
kasun333
Dileepa
market bull
sriranga
Harry82
SRIAS
MarketWitch
sapumal
rmark
Kithsiri
Whitebull
ccsentha
LateTackle
prasadrmb
Storm
Kumar
mra
VISA
K.Haputantri
suja
stumpy
traderathome
hawklk
hunter
Redbulls
reez
Hanoifortune
bullrun
emrik
Rizmi
UKboy
snandasiri
gamaya
hariesha
Asoka Samarakone
FXX
nkuda
Leon
dcwal
Antonym
danjayanaada
2011_NewComer
aj
arrowms
Roboticfx
zen
Roshan Fernando
Ajith Rajapakse
krishaja
kav4
tompapa
Rajaraam
bePositive
deen
Aamiable
maddu
aasdias
kelumhewage
duke
Dishan
donj91
stockanalytic
Dreamer
schacha
yasser
GJ
TortoizePlus
RIO
Gaja
mzstock
smallville
tubal
kuk83
npc86
TuskerLK
ONTHEMONEY
Academic
Ben Graham
sureshot
Meta Trader
ha_na
DXB2252
econ
swan03
Slstock
milanka
wiki
157 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 12]

101Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Mon May 28, 2012 9:32 am

Hanoifortune

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Broker's plan is to bring the market to year 2009 level and push back to end 2010 level. Agian, They can ride on poor investors . I guess that sec know this and put forward some rules to curb this using Nsb /Tfc deal.

102Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Mon May 28, 2012 9:48 am

reez

Manager - Equity Analytics

i also had bitter expierience. Becoz advisers are not educated on base of stoke investment.
they playing with money

103Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Mon May 28, 2012 10:31 am

Redbulls

Director - Equity Analytics

From the start I never take brokers recommendation blindly.
I was trained to do my own research before buying or selling by my mentor.
Most of the time that was hard to swallow but now I can feel that I'm out of the mess.
Basic theory in this field most of us want to get quick money and burned our capital.
Please concentrate to educate before starting trading or investing.

104Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Mon May 28, 2012 11:22 am

hunter

As I recall, my brokers recommendations worked very well during bull runs.
All failed during market drop.

After all, it was as good as (or a little worse than) 'random' investing.

105Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Mon May 28, 2012 11:47 am

reez

ASI 5000 down

106Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Mon May 28, 2012 12:39 pm

hawklk

Even stock brokers do not have any idea what is happening to the market. They are the main reason for this down trend in my opinion.

107Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Mon May 28, 2012 8:58 pm

sureshot

sureshot
Vice President - Equity Analytics

i think stock brokers will have to find new jobs soon.......... Very Happy

108Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Mon May 28, 2012 10:54 pm

traderathome

traderathome
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

they need to come out of their comfort zones Very Happy and bring fresh retailers like some one said somewhere Razz

109Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Mon May 28, 2012 11:55 pm

stumpy

stumpy

තමන් හිසට තම අතමය සෙවනැල්ල... lol!

110Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 2:46 am

UKboy

UKboy

I dont know who are the best brokers who are not. Some of my friends made good money with the help of their brokers but some lost big time. I guess there are some very genuine stock brokers are available. But its really hard to find them.
Its so funny to see that many brokers are now talking about the unpredictable market...!!! Majority of them failed to identify this down trend at least 6 months ago..! Evil or Very Mad It's quite similar situation as the many members of this forum. Many were acting like die hard bulls few months ago and advised others not to sell their stocks (even at a lost). Question

111Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 6:58 am

Hanoifortune

Hanoifortune

yes, They have to resgin from broker job and trade shares like ordinary citizen to disragrd
the new rule. what a thinking of sec? It will happen if the boker is confident that they can trade with out emplyed .Then broker companies will have to import expat to run the firms.

112Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 7:40 am

Antonym

Antonym

hunter wrote:As I recall, my brokers recommendations worked very well during bull runs.
All failed during market drop.

After all, it was as good as (or a little worse than) 'random' investing.
During bull runs, even recommendations by taxi drivers and shoe shine boys tend to do very well!

The litmus test is whether their recommendations beat the overall market on a consistent basis. My guess is: They don't... Which makes it, as you rightly said, a little worse than random investing.

113Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 10:17 am

suja

Guys , there are good brokers in the system. I am dealing with a person over 10 years now. He has become a friend. But all are human we all try to do a honest job but sometimes fail. The broker has given some good advice and some have been bad. How ever I have noticed my own decisions have been like that too. Overall I have tried to invest in value shares they too have dropped by about 17% but one share has gone up almost 60% so it balances off. All the picks for the 2 years have been mine and done after analysis.

The times I have lost is looking at the analysis done in the forum and convincing my self to invest e:g: CSD which i have sold

114Capital Trust Securities  Empty Capital TRUST Research Tue May 29, 2012 10:50 am

Asoka Samarakone

Expert
Expert

Technical Analytical Outlook

Market Makes A Double Bottom!!!
Market made a double bottom at the current level. The question is whether it will hold at this terribly oversold (RSI’s at 19 & 17!!!) level. Tomorrow’s Treasury bill auction may perhaps provide the trigger needed to turn the market around.

It is grave and it is time for all the broker firms to join hands and make a concerted effort to resurrect the market. It is useless to expect any outside party to come to its rescue. Remember that brokerages that survive this market debacle will eventually emerge as super strong entities. Anybody can thrive in a Bull Market such as what existed in 2009 – 2010. But the real test is surviving the Bear Market of 2011 – 2012.

115Capital Trust Securities  Empty Capital TRUST Research Tue May 29, 2012 11:09 am

Asoka Samarakone

Expert
Expert

Market Continues To Slide Down For No Rhyme Or Reason!!!

Market continues to slide down for no rhyme or reason. Practically all the stocks, blue chips as well as popular volatile stocks are grossly oversold and undervalued. Interest rates are showing signs of coming down as evidenced by the downward slide in Treasury bill yields at the last two auctions. CBSL did not raise their policy rates at their last monetary policy committee meeting and they are most likely to start easing rates from either June or July. Corporate results for the last financial year reaching the market currently are very encouraging. However the market remains sluggish with indices sliding down slowly on surprisingly low daily turnovers. What really ails the market is the absence of retailer interest. Big players coming and executing a crossing here and there is not going to change the depressed mood in the market. In fact it was one such disastrous crossing that worsened the market situation recently and triggered an knee jerk reaction from the regulators.

It is time for the brokers to move out of their cozy air conditioned offices and luxury cubicles and hit the streets looking for new retailers It is not that hard since the market penetration is very low in Sri Lanka. We have very much less than 0.5% of the eligible (over 18’s) population participating in stock market trading as against 30% to 70% in developed country markets. Brokers should not depend on the CSE and the SEC to do all the promotional work, a strategy which has proved to be ineffective in the past. Instead they should lobby to get a bigger share of the commission charged from market players for use in aggressive marketing campaigns and new branch openings.

116Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 11:41 am

hawklk

"It is time for the brokers to move out of their cozy air conditioned offices and luxury cubicles and hit the streets looking for new retailers It is not that hard since the market penetration is very low in Sri Lanka."

My broker (they are no longer financial advisers in my book) only call if the account is overdue. Not even once he did any promotion or sent me any research reports. I have being say this in the past "reduce the brokerage and put is in different scales"

117Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 11:51 am

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

hawklk wrote:"It is time for the brokers to move out of their cozy air conditioned offices and luxury cubicles and hit the streets looking for new retailers It is not that hard since the market penetration is very low in Sri Lanka."

My broker (they are no longer financial advisers in my book) only call if the account is overdue. Not even once he did any promotion or sent me any research reports. I have being say this in the past "reduce the brokerage and put is in different scales"

It is the brokers who bring down the market now. This is how brokers resist recent SEC regulations on six month lock-in period on share transactions by directors, employees & their spouses.

118Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 2:12 pm

VISA

Are you mad. this is worst market in the world because we lost money why are you asking every one put money in to this market now.we need to find out why market is going down. if it is brokers then it upto regulators to find out bring brokers and others order. if they can't then regulators must get out.

119Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 3:52 pm

mra

mra

Dear Friends,

Every body is talking about market coming down, and ask for reasons. when the market go up everybody is happy and they don't bother to ask for the reason.

so we all participant's thinking itself sort of imbalance, what we more we argue and curse govt. and sec officials. ???

90% of participants in stock trading are traders, not investors. everybody wants quick bugs. so it's gamble. investors will only get dividend and it's not attractive so they may turn to FD's.

when you know the real reason why ASI gone up to 8500/level or more???
then you will know the reason for the market down trend. after the war it should have gone up. not that much of 8500 level.

120Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 3:53 pm

Kumar

Kumar

mra wrote:Dear Friends,

Every body is talking about market coming down, and ask for reasons. when the market go up everybody is happy and they don't bother to ask for the reason.

so we all participant's thinking itself sort of imbalance, what we more we argue and curse govt. and sec officials. ???

90% of participants in stock trading are traders, not investors. everybody wants quick bugs. so it's gamble. investors will only get dividend and it's not attractive so they may turn to FD's.

then you will know the reason for the market down trend. after the war it should have gone up. not that much of 8500 level.

Yes mate read this.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t18425-waiting-for-the-market-to-make-sense

121Capital Trust Securities  Empty Capital Trust -All Buy Orders Cancelled Tue May 29, 2012 8:02 pm

Storm

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Today, all my buy orders were canceled. When I called, I was told that it was a management decision and it was done to everybody. Did this happened to anybody else ?

122Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 9:44 pm

traderathome

traderathome

Kumar wrote:
mra wrote:Dear Friends,

I am First an Investor then a trader pirat The south asian markets look rather down, so i will invest for the future, and i am not complaining for hte downturn bounce bounce bounce

Yes mate read this.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t18425-waiting-for-the-market-to-make-sense

123Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 9:58 pm

prasadrmb

prasadrmb

thanks for sharing

124Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 10:16 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Weeping of a troubled broker Wink

One of the heads should be partly responsible for bringing down the market with day trading strategies.. It wiped out many new participant IMO.
When ur asked not to value investments, but look for quick gains shit happens Wink what's the point of "market will turn up soon" talks after that..

And the next issue is too much credit allowance.. These ppl created so called "hole" in the system with artificial money, then weep when the money is gone..
All businesses run on credit.. TRUE.. but too much credit is also DEVIL.

125Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 10:22 pm

smallville

smallville

Why on Earth it has to be a management decision when the money is urs.. If they inform u its for your own good then they should clarify why...

126Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 10:35 pm

Slstock

Slstock

I used to have regard for this gentlemen's skills. I still believe his technical skills are very good. But since late last year he got "biased" and made "too good to be true" over optimistic statements which unfortunately hardly come true.

So comments made has to be taken with a pinch of salt. But ?i really hope the positiveness he talks about happens soon as retailers have suffered too much in too short time.

127Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 10:37 pm

stumpy

stumpy

I'm not believing in him after their Day Trading Seminar!

@Small
Hope u can remember it boss! Very Happy

128Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 10:39 pm

Slstock

Slstock

I think different brokers play games now. Some appear to shut down their trade servers some time to time for few hours!

Seems many brokers are in some sort of trouble. We need to understand playing with fire can burn us. But please do not take it out on the small guys( retailers)

129Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 10:44 pm

LateTackle

LateTackle
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I bought through Capital Trust today and it was on margin.

130Capital Trust Securities  Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 10:48 pm

ccsentha

surely they cannot take any decision when the money is ours

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum