FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Vote_lcap68%CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Vote_rcap 68% [ 178 ]
CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% [ 47 ]
CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% [ 35 ]

Total Votes : 260

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES

CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES

+79
dsam
SHARK aka TAH
gagamini
wiser
yellow knife
Jiggysaurus
viper123
cseguide
dhanurrox
ajithg
rishanpossitive
jonta999
ethical.investor
balapas
bullet.11
ravi1
Gaja
mahendra1
warrior
NZ BOY
sahan8896
intelligent1
deva1
chari
jonny
wiki
Prince
madhawa.h
Arena
nimantha80
NaminiInduwara
MalakaDesmond
BandulaSM
malanp
Savantha Denipitiya
Fresher
wgsaman
sanju351
shan
kasun333
Dileepa
market bull
Redbulls
Rizmi
sriranga
Harry82
SRIAS
MarketWitch
sapumal
rmark
Kithsiri
Whitebull
ccsentha
LateTackle
stumpy
Slstock
prasadrmb
traderathome
Storm
Kumar
mra
VISA
K.Haputantri
hawklk
UKboy
econ
snandasiri
aj
gamaya
hariesha
smallville
Roboticfx
Asoka Samarakone
FXX
nkuda
kav4
Leon
greedy007
dcwal
83 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Capital TRUST Research Tue May 29, 2012 11:09 am

Asoka Samarakone

Expert
Expert

Market Continues To Slide Down For No Rhyme Or Reason!!!

Market continues to slide down for no rhyme or reason. Practically all the stocks, blue chips as well as popular volatile stocks are grossly oversold and undervalued. Interest rates are showing signs of coming down as evidenced by the downward slide in Treasury bill yields at the last two auctions. CBSL did not raise their policy rates at their last monetary policy committee meeting and they are most likely to start easing rates from either June or July. Corporate results for the last financial year reaching the market currently are very encouraging. However the market remains sluggish with indices sliding down slowly on surprisingly low daily turnovers. What really ails the market is the absence of retailer interest. Big players coming and executing a crossing here and there is not going to change the depressed mood in the market. In fact it was one such disastrous crossing that worsened the market situation recently and triggered an knee jerk reaction from the regulators.

It is time for the brokers to move out of their cozy air conditioned offices and luxury cubicles and hit the streets looking for new retailers It is not that hard since the market penetration is very low in Sri Lanka. We have very much less than 0.5% of the eligible (over 18’s) population participating in stock market trading as against 30% to 70% in developed country markets. Brokers should not depend on the CSE and the SEC to do all the promotional work, a strategy which has proved to be ineffective in the past. Instead they should lobby to get a bigger share of the commission charged from market players for use in aggressive marketing campaigns and new branch openings.

27CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 11:41 am

hawklk

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

"It is time for the brokers to move out of their cozy air conditioned offices and luxury cubicles and hit the streets looking for new retailers It is not that hard since the market penetration is very low in Sri Lanka."

My broker (they are no longer financial advisers in my book) only call if the account is overdue. Not even once he did any promotion or sent me any research reports. I have being say this in the past "reduce the brokerage and put is in different scales"

28CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 11:51 am

K.Haputantri

Co-Admin

@hawklk wrote:"It is time for the brokers to move out of their cozy air conditioned offices and luxury cubicles and hit the streets looking for new retailers It is not that hard since the market penetration is very low in Sri Lanka."

My broker (they are no longer financial advisers in my book) only call if the account is overdue. Not even once he did any promotion or sent me any research reports. I have being say this in the past "reduce the brokerage and put is in different scales"

It is the brokers who bring down the market now. This is how brokers resist recent SEC regulations on six month lock-in period on share transactions by directors, employees & their spouses.

29CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 2:12 pm

VISA

Are you mad. this is worst market in the world because we lost money why are you asking every one put money in to this market now.we need to find out why market is going down. if it is brokers then it upto regulators to find out bring brokers and others order. if they can't then regulators must get out.

30CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 3:52 pm

mra

Manager - Equity Analytics

Dear Friends,

Every body is talking about market coming down, and ask for reasons. when the market go up everybody is happy and they don't bother to ask for the reason.

so we all participant's thinking itself sort of imbalance, what we more we argue and curse govt. and sec officials. ???

90% of participants in stock trading are traders, not investors. everybody wants quick bugs. so it's gamble. investors will only get dividend and it's not attractive so they may turn to FD's.

when you know the real reason why ASI gone up to 8500/level or more???
then you will know the reason for the market down trend. after the war it should have gone up. not that much of 8500 level.

31CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 3:53 pm

Kumar

Kumar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

@mra wrote:Dear Friends,

Every body is talking about market coming down, and ask for reasons. when the market go up everybody is happy and they don't bother to ask for the reason.

so we all participant's thinking itself sort of imbalance, what we more we argue and curse govt. and sec officials. ???

90% of participants in stock trading are traders, not investors. everybody wants quick bugs. so it's gamble. investors will only get dividend and it's not attractive so they may turn to FD's.

then you will know the reason for the market down trend. after the war it should have gone up. not that much of 8500 level.

Yes mate read this.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t18425-waiting-for-the-market-to-make-sense

32CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Capital Trust -All Buy Orders Cancelled Tue May 29, 2012 8:02 pm

Storm

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Today, all my buy orders were canceled. When I called, I was told that it was a management decision and it was done to everybody. Did this happened to anybody else ?

33CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 9:44 pm

traderathome

traderathome

@Kumar wrote:
@mra wrote:Dear Friends,

I am First an Investor then a trader pirat The south asian markets look rather down, so i will invest for the future, and i am not complaining for hte downturn bounce bounce bounce

Yes mate read this.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t18425-waiting-for-the-market-to-make-sense

34CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 9:58 pm

prasadrmb

prasadrmb

thanks for sharing

35CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 10:16 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Weeping of a troubled broker Wink

One of the heads should be partly responsible for bringing down the market with day trading strategies.. It wiped out many new participant IMO.
When ur asked not to value investments, but look for quick gains shit happens Wink what's the point of "market will turn up soon" talks after that..

And the next issue is too much credit allowance.. These ppl created so called "hole" in the system with artificial money, then weep when the money is gone..
All businesses run on credit.. TRUE.. but too much credit is also DEVIL.

36CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 10:22 pm

smallville

smallville

Why on Earth it has to be a management decision when the money is urs.. If they inform u its for your own good then they should clarify why...

37CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 10:35 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

I used to have regard for this gentlemen's skills. I still believe his technical skills are very good. But since late last year he got "biased" and made "too good to be true" over optimistic statements which unfortunately hardly come true.

So comments made has to be taken with a pinch of salt. But ?i really hope the positiveness he talks about happens soon as retailers have suffered too much in too short time.

38CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 10:37 pm

stumpy

stumpy

I'm not believing in him after their Day Trading Seminar!

@Small
Hope u can remember it boss! Very Happy

39CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 10:39 pm

Slstock

Slstock

I think different brokers play games now. Some appear to shut down their trade servers some time to time for few hours!

Seems many brokers are in some sort of trouble. We need to understand playing with fire can burn us. But please do not take it out on the small guys( retailers)

40CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 10:44 pm

LateTackle

LateTackle
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I bought through Capital Trust today and it was on margin.

41CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Tue May 29, 2012 10:48 pm

ccsentha

Vice President - Equity Analytics

surely they cannot take any decision when the money is ours

42CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 30, 2012 1:53 am

traderathome

traderathome

That seemed to be strange Razz not allowed to buy and a its a mgmt decision,perhaps this broker enjoys bear market affraid

43CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 30, 2012 6:48 am

smallville

smallville

@stumpy wrote:I'm not believing in him after their Day Trading Seminar!

@Small
Hope u can remember it boss! Very Happy

Yeah I still can remember his ability to slip away from the questions raised.. We have to priase that Wink

44CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 30, 2012 6:59 am

smallville

smallville

@LateTackle wrote:I bought through Capital Trust today and it was on margin.

THEY SHOULD NOT ALLOW MARGINS BUT FRESH CAPITAL.. MARGINS ARE ALSO ANOTHER FORM OF DEVEL IF U DONT MANAGE PROPERLY.. Evil or Very Mad

45CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 30, 2012 8:19 am

Whitebull

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

@traderathome wrote:That seemed to be strange Razz not allowed to buy and a its a mgmt decision,perhaps this broker enjoys bear market affraid

I do not think so.I think they are also in a deep hole due to this bear as they are big promoters of speculatives like GREG,BLUE

46CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 30, 2012 8:26 am

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

I will place a order today & see how they would react.
Keep you posted later.

47CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 30, 2012 8:33 am

aj

Storm, report to the what ever officials and the SEC. This is serious. I believe the brokers want to show stock market is going down due to the new laws which are protecting the investors from the stock brokers fraud. These criminals are losing dirty money making method with the the new laws.

48CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 30, 2012 8:49 am

Storm

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

aj, when you mean officials, who do you mean ? Not the managers at CT, right ? Also, does anybody know about a contact number to which I could make a complain about this ?
Note that I was well with in my margin facility level. They had no reason to cancel my orders. BTW. I forgot to add, my Sell orders were cancelled too. My broker said that must have been a mistake !!

49CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 30, 2012 10:33 am

rmark

rmark

@Storm wrote:Today, all my buy orders were canceled. When I called, I was told that it was a management decision and it was done to everybody. Did this happened to anybody else ?
Even I faced the same problem, but replaced the orders once again.

50CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 30, 2012 10:45 am

aj

Hmm. I don't know if cancelling orders is unlawful. It's like the business not giving the required service to the client. If the broker is not providing the service you should look for another broker. Broker should be able to give margin facilities if they ARE following the current rules and asset limits without any issue. May be they have broken the rules by giving unlimited credit somewhere and in trouble. May be this broker and it's holding company are in trouble recovering the money.

I think brokers want to show that the new laws preventing them from stealing money from the retailers are the cause of the downturn and blame everything on the law and order.

51CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 30, 2012 11:14 am

sapumal

Complain to SEC by an email

52CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 30, 2012 11:45 am

smallville

smallville

@Storm wrote:aj, when you mean officials, who do you mean ? Not the managers at CT, right ? Also, does anybody know about a contact number to which I could make a complain about this ?
Note that I was well with in my margin facility level. They had no reason to cancel my orders. BTW. I forgot to add, my Sell orders were cancelled too. My broker said that must have been a mistake !!

Dude, take it up.. cuz they cant cancel your sell orders in any case,, If the share price has come down today than the amt u tried to sell, probably u can ask them for compensation...
Today maket is up, so they might've done u a favour too Wink

53CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 30, 2012 6:28 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

@Kithsiri wrote:I will place a order today & see how they would react.
Keep you posted later.
My Three orders placed expired without any acceptance but system did not reject them.

54CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Storm

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

smallville, My Sell orders were canceled. I later in the afternoon put the sell order again and sold. So no loss there. But I preferred to have my buy orders as if the market come down in the coming days, my orders have a chance of getting executed.
I had a discussion with my broker in the morning. I am not blaming him as it was beyond his control. But he said all buy orders of everybody was canceled yesterday at CT.
Anyway, I think if any broker firm wants to cancel orders, they should contact the client first.

55CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES - Page 2 Empty Re: CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES Wed May 30, 2012 7:42 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

@Storm wrote:smallville, My Sell orders were canceled. I later in the afternoon put the sell order again and sold. So no loss there. But I preferred to have my buy orders as if the market come down in the coming days, my orders have a chance of getting executed.
I had a discussion with my broker in the morning. I am not blaming him as it was beyond his control. But he said all buy orders of everybody was canceled yesterday at CT.
Anyway, I think if any broker firm wants to cancel orders, they should contact the client first.
Are you going to let it go just like that. They will do it again tomorrow to you and to me also.
I think you should seriously take this issue up to avoid recurrence.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum