FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let his luck be my luck !

+11
Whitebull
hettihewa
K.Haputantri
Slstock
Rajitha
smallville
malanp
Redbulls
Think Wise
Sylvester1234
ughettiarachchi
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Let his luck be my luck ! Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:58 pm

ughettiarachchi

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

I have been reading some of the web articles about new SEC Chairman Dr Godahewa and believe he has been extremely lucky in what every the job he undertook
Sri Lanka Insurance 30% growth in 2007 his first tenure as CEO
Sri Lanka Insurance regaining no 1 place in General Insurance category in 2009 during his second tenure as managing Director. Highest ever life policy bonus of 3 Bn declared by SLIC under his leadership.
Lanka Hospitals has become one of the best hopitals in the country with him as executive director.
Tourism doubles arrivals within two years 2010-2011 and expected to exceed 1 Mn this year. Godahewa became chairman of 4 tourism institutes in 2010 and resigned from 3 in 2012 june.
SEC drop of 9.1% over 18 months turned tide in august 2012 and up 2% within 8 days of his appointment as SEC Chairman.
His qualifications BSc Engineer, CIMA Accountant, PhD Marketing show he is capable. Probably that’s why he has so many jealous enemies.
But surely he is born under a lucky star….. Hope his star will help all of us this time.

2Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:07 pm

Sylvester1234

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Godahewa giya thena Eyath Goda Apith Goda Very Happy

Jokes appart I think he took a big risk accepting a contravercial job. With such a big media attack on him what would have been his fate if market didnt turned around

3Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:44 pm

Think Wise

Stock Trader

ughettiarachchi wrote:I have been reading some of the web articles about new SEC Chairman Dr Godahewa and believe he has been extremely lucky in what every the job he undertook
Sri Lanka Insurance regaining no 1 place in General Insurance category in 2009 during his second tenure as managing Director. Highest ever life policy bonus of 3 Bn declared by SLIC under his leadership.
Lanka Hospitals has become one of the best hopitals in the country with him as executive director.
Tourism doubles arrivals within two years 2010-2011 and expected to exceed 1 Mn this year. Godahewa became chairman of 4 tourism institutes in 2010 and resigned from 3 in 2012 june.
SEC drop of 9.1% over 18 months turned tide in august 2012 and up 2% within 8 days of his appointment as SEC Chairman.
His qualifications BSc Engineer, CIMA Accountant, PhD Marketing show he is capable. Probably that’s why he has so many jealous enemies.
But surely he is born under a lucky star….. Hope his star will help all of us this time.

Of course he is lucky.. but in addition to that, being an Engineer Dr Godahewa has strong analytic and problem solving skills... this make him identify any serious problem in a company/industry and attend to it very fast. ultimately the company and the industry will benefit.

We should be very proud as Sri Lankans, since now the SEC is headed by an Engineer, with a solid accounting and marketing back ground. i am sure he will find solutions very soon to all the chronic problems in the stock market.

4Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:56 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics

Think Wise wrote:
ughettiarachchi wrote:I have been reading some of the web articles about new SEC Chairman Dr Godahewa and believe he has been extremely lucky in what every the job he undertook

Of course he is lucky.. but in addition to that, being an Engineer Dr Godahewa has strong analytic and problem solving skills... this make him identify any serious problem in a company/industry and attend to it very fast. ultimately the company and the industry will benefit.

We should be very proud as Sri Lankans, since now the SEC is headed by an Engineer, with a solid accounting and marketing back ground. i am sure he will find solutions very soon to all the chronic problems in the stock market.

So many new members opened the account after 17/08/2012 posting comments in favour of Godaweha.
Which is fine and appreciate all of your comments.
But remember one proverb "a dog's tail can't be straightened".

5Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:06 pm

malanp

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Mr.Godahewa did nothing, the real factor was market was beaten, knocked down, down and out. and investors needed a little push with a change.

then he came, that was the little push. investors were ready, they all unleashed their frustration with buying all of sudden, and market went up.

one good thing is he did not make any public announcement like TK.

6Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Think Wise

Stock Trader

Redbulls wrote:

So many new members opened the account after 17/08/2012 posting comments in favour of Godaweha.

Of course I opened my account recently.. so.. what is your problem?

I was a frequent reader of Equity forum and was quite alarmed by some of the negative comments posted by a bunch of people (I have noticed but will not mention names) filled with jealousy and personal hatred during last few weeks with the appointment of Dr G as SEC chairman.

It was typically what we call in Sinhalese “palu gei walan bidinawa” type situation.

An independent reader should not be mislead by such comments. Public should know both side of the story.
Really sorry for disturbing the consensus you bunch of people were trying to create against Dr G.
Indeed you have been disturbed.. in a great way it seems..

7Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:28 pm

Think Wise

Stock Trader

malanp wrote:
Mr.Godahewa did nothing, the real factor was market was beaten, knocked down, down and out. and investors needed a little push with a change.

then he came, that was the little push. investors were ready, they all unleashed their frustration with buying all of sudden, and market went up.

one good thing is he did not make any public announcement like TK.

He didn't make any public announcements because Dr G is a professional with a substance and intelligent enough to talk only when needed.

Market went up, because of the increase in investor confidence with the appointment of Dr G. because everybody in the corporate world and in the society knew (unlike some of the people posting in this forum) his capability and potential.

it is very sad to this mentality of some Sri Lankans who do not know to give due credit to people when things happen. they think everything happens automatically.. good. good. wait until heaven comes to your doorstep.

8Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:48 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

All 3 accounts are Dr. Godahewa's supporters.. From day 1 their sole purpose of staying in this forum is to make sure the godahewa is "GODA" lol!

So when we read things from the henchmen we have to be mindful that we're only seeing the lighter side of the story..

Dr. Godahewa has been seats of Divasa, CLND & few more (danno danithi) so once the head of some speculative companies are appointed the head of the guardian, he'll have to create the investor sentiment first.. Forget about the early alliances and keep the head straight..

Yes.. we should welcome the new SEC head but actions should speak louder fro him as a lot of ppl depend on the non-bias work.

9Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:01 pm

smallville

smallville

Think Wise wrote:

An independent reader should not be mislead by such comments. Public should know both side of the story.
Really sorry for disturbing the consensus you bunch of people were trying to create against Dr G.

You're quite right.. Public should be informed.. or made aware of all the nonsense running in this Stock Exchange..
But unfortunately it has been the pretty site of the story, do the hidden truth or the contradictory interests had to be brought in to the enlightenment too.. Smile

Think Wise wrote:
Market went up, because of the increase in investor confidence with the appointment of Dr G. because everybody in the corporate world and in the society knew (unlike some of the people posting in this forum) his capability and potential.

it is very sad to this mentality of some Sri Lankans who do not know to give due credit to people when things happen. they think everything happens automatically.. good. good. wait until heaven comes to your doorstep.

Let me put this without hurting anyone's feelings..

Market was kept at a trading range and purposely brought down from a level of that occasional ups n down just to show TK was incompetent. It was a setup.. U can shake the market with few Hi caps trading very low.. Then again the same could be achieved for certain level if few low caps traded on high vol without price increase..
After that a lot of hype was created.. TK fallen into the traps of some ppl by giving media statements then it created more news..

Now at the time of this volatile market, Dr. Godahewa was brought to the scene.. Many ppl were made aware of his history and his capabilities..
True enuf.. I believe he's a person with capabilities looking at the turn-arounds he made in some companies...
Having said that, he has done nothing so far.. Only he's come and sit on the chair Wink So why should market go up?
Has he announced the credit rules be abolished, investigations would be stopped, etc,..?

So the man is not a God.. But in a weeks time he made the whole market up (oops.. did I say he made it.. Sorry, the ppl who wanted in that seat added the fuel to the fire, our retailers did the rest)
So just in a week's time the market is up above 4%.. And if he stays there for another couple of months, are we fools to assume that market may leap 40-50%???????????

10Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:55 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

There is an old saying "Leopard never change his spots" Lets wait and see!

11Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:59 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Good points.

smallville wrote:
Think Wise wrote:

You're quite right.. Public should be informed.. or made aware of all the nonsense running in this Stock Exchange..
But unfortunately it has been the pretty site of the story, do the hidden truth or the contradictory interests had to be brought in to the enlightenment too.. Smile

Think Wise wrote:

Market was kept at a trading range and purposely brought down from a level of that occasional ups n down just to show TK was incompetent. It was a setup.. U can shake the market with few Hi caps trading very low.. Then again the same could be achieved for certain level if few low caps traded on high vol without price increase..
After that a lot of hype was created.. TK fallen into the traps of some ppl by giving media statements then it created more news..

Now at the time of this volatile market, Dr. Godahewa was brought to the scene.. Many ppl were made aware of his history and his capabilities..
True enuf.. I believe he's a person with capabilities looking at the turn-arounds he made in some companies...
Having said that, he has done nothing so far.. Only he's come and sit on the chair Wink So why should market go up?
Has he announced the credit rules be abolished, investigations would be stopped, etc,..?

So the man is not a God.. But in a weeks time he made the whole market up (oops.. did I say he made it.. Sorry, the ppl who wanted in that seat added the fuel to the fire, our retailers did the rest)
So just in a week's time the market is up above 4%.. And if he stays there for another couple of months, are we fools to assume that market may leap 40-50%???????????

12Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:06 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

smallville wrote:
Think Wise wrote:

Think Wise wrote:

Well said Small. Let there be light so that the forces of the dark would vanish.

13Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:21 pm

hettihewa

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I agree Godahewa did nothing on policy so far. He also has stayed away from papers as much as possible except an official clarification against a misleading news paper publication by Daily Mirror that some listed companies are under investigation. But a lot of things seem to have happned to give confidence to the market without touching the usual media. Some one complain above that Godahewa supporters have entered the forum. That it self is a good development. Those who want to use this forum seem to be very hurt because now there are two sides.

Previous two SEC administrations meddled with Market almost on daily basis. Godahewa doing nothing is part of the strategy and it was reported on some papers after his first meeting with SEC staff.

It is not a few people manipulating the market up as market is currently retailer driven.

My suggestion is that we dont have to praise or blame anyone. Be honourable and admit the reality. Market is back. Small retailers are back. People with no other agendas are happy. Let us invest wisely and do what we can do to keep the market moving.

14Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:46 pm

Whitebull

It is good to see the arguments from the both side...NG supporters and TK supporters....So that genuine members, like us, can get a clear picture of the truth.

15Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:59 pm

smallville

smallville

We actually want unbiased statements.. Godahewa comes or TK goes wont do any harm to the forum.. Our members will trade as usual..

I dont support either party.. At the same time I dont wanna see someone who has started investigations on crooks and dud deals getting blamed for nothing.. We should learn to give credit to the person.. Now if Dr. Godahewa continues this investigations and prosecute the responsible fot the crimes, he can prove he's not keeping alliances or not biased towards anyone, that tremendous, outstanding.. That's what we want.. We know then we're in safe hands as small investors..

The point is; when someone comes and praises another one, there lies a propaganda. That person(s) come here for a reason cuz the forum is also a small representation of the market.. No one comes here and does free advertising for another one Wink

There hav been alot of Haa huu abt TK's resignation and Godahewa's arrival.. So its like purposely the environment has been created to vanish the trails of the yesterday's dealing of a new SEC head Wink That's what really "bias" meant. When we brought to the light of the hidden facts these ppl were un happy and stopped at nothing to prove that it has nothing to do..

Well the readers can see "Rajitha's" single comment.

hettihewa wrote:
My suggestion is that we dont have to praise or blame anyone. Be honourable and admit the reality. Market is back. Small retailers are back. People with no other agendas are happy. Let us invest wisely and do what we can do to keep the market moving.

Quite good.. we all are happy if this is what now goin on.. But why someone occasionally has to come up showing the "Godahewa's" magic after the market is up above 4%..

Nevermind, lets hope this magic may see the light in coming days and months.. So we can see ASI passes 10000.

16Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:52 pm

RIO

RIO

Wow...what a wonderful man he is, Thanks for posting & sharing this info with us....By the way I need you to post few clarifications pls...

ughettiarachchi wrote:
01. What is the Growth percentage for 2005, 2006 at Sri Lanka Insurance...???
02. What is the growth percentage of his second tenure 2008 and also 2009...???
03. What are the tactical & strategical implementations by him at SLC to gain a 30% Growth in 2007 as you said...

ughettiarachchi wrote:Sri Lanka Insurance regaining no 1 place in General Insurance category in 2009 during his second tenure as managing Director.
01.What was the place of SLIC in 2005 & 2006...? [before he took over as CEO...???]
02. If he is a man of miracles who turned around a 30% growth in 2007, why couldn't SLIC achieve this 1st place in 2007 or 2008...???

ughettiarachchi wrote:Highest ever life policy bonus of 3 Bn declared by SLIC under his leadership.
01. to compare the Bonus pls post a summery of bonus paid from 2005 to 2009 together with Life Fund Growth chart to determine his turn around capabilities

ughettiarachchi wrote:Lanka Hospitals has become one of the best hopitals in the country with him as executive director.
01. From where did you get this info & who did the evaluations to determine Lanka Hospitals as "one of the Best Hospitals"...???

ughettiarachchi wrote:Tourism doubles arrivals within two years 2010-2011 and expected to exceed 1 Mn this year. Godahewa became chairman of 4 tourism institutes in 2010 and resigned from 3 in 2012 june.
01. You mean.....Tourist arrivals... Very Happy out of total arrivals how many foreign passport holders & how many Sri Lankan Dual citizens did added to these figures...? Pls pls I need some official figures/charts to understand this...hope you can upload these...

ughettiarachchi wrote:SEC drop of 9.1% over 18 months turned tide in august 2012 and up 2% within 8 days of his appointment as SEC Chairman.
01. Can you pls post a thing he has done to make this 2% upward movement...!

ughettiarachchi wrote:His qualifications BSc Engineer, CIMA Accountant, PhD Marketing show he is capable. Probably that’s why he has so many jealous enemies.
01. I agree with his qualification...

ughettiarachchi wrote:But surely he is born under a lucky star….. Hope his star will help all of us this time.
01. There is no argument about his Luck.... Very Happy and that's the only thing I see as he had with SLIC, LHCL, SLTB & now at SEC... Very Happy
Oh missed one...he had the great luck of been known to DJ....! Razz

Finally..I would Love if his Luck can take us back to 7000-8000 levels before the end of this year...! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

17Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:58 pm

smallville

smallville

We give credit to ppl who would not have to do a single thing to make a sudden boom in the industry..

Any one heading a hotel or even the authorities of hotel trade would not have to do a miracles to attract tourists in post war era..
If anyone was able to double or even increase this by 20% before 2009, that's the talent IMO..

Well then we must praise his Excellency, the president of SL, Mr Rajapakse and the brave men who ended the Civil War. It had paved way for many industries to grow..

18Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:19 pm

Sylvester1234

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

smallville wrote:We give credit to ppl who would not have to do a single thing to make a sudden boom in the industry..

Any one heading a hotel or even the authorities of hotel trade would not have to do a miracles to attract tourists in post war era..
If anyone was able to double or even increase this by 20% before 2009, that's the talent IMO..

Well then we must praise his Excellency, the president of SL, Mr Rajapakse and the brave men who ended the Civil War. It had paved way for many industries to grow..

When I read your various comments in this forum it is very clear that you must have achieved very little in life on your own. People who deliver results do not go making statements that others achievements are not significant. Brother you also must be a small time trader like me. I at least have no problem admiting that and recognise those who are better than me. Now go and banned me from the forum. Thats the next best thing you can do. I have seen you guys recommending that on the forum when others point out some thing against your line Very Happy

19Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:32 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

Sylvester1234 wrote:
smallville wrote:We give credit to ppl who would not have to do a single thing to make a sudden boom in the industry..

When I read your various comments in this forum it is very clear that you must have achieved very little in life on your own. People who deliver results do not go making statements that others achievements are not significant. Brother you also must be a small time trader like me. I at least have no problem admiting that and recognise those who are better than me. Now go and banned me from the forum. Thats the next best thing you can do. I have seen you guys recommending that on the forum when others point out some thing against your line Very Happy

I have always posted controversial stuff and have even scolded people! And hardly anyone is on my side when i talk! But I have never seen any admins here delete my posts or ban me! Only immature idiots who's been hired to post crap on the forum by some big shots think that!

By the way If all those other accounts that registered also belong to you, Please do us a favor and go to what ever whole u climbed up and tell you boss we don't care WTF they do to keep promoting their agenda here! Most people don;t care anyway if Godaweera is the sun of Prabakran even! Hell next in line to that is already in government anyway! We are quite used to seeing a corrupt lot at the top! Hell it starts from the very top! So please give it a rest and stop with all the nonsense!

20Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:48 pm

smallville

smallville

Sylvester1234 wrote:

To start with I dont ban u from the forum Wink What an absurd idea is that? I've never done that unless someone bad mouth another one cuz it falls under the "filth" in forum rules..

Brother, YES I'm a small time trader like you.. But U took this wrong.. This is why I've to write this, else I'd have happily stay away..

I've not said the person has not done significant achievements, that's why I've not commented on his achievements on SLIC and other establishments.. I praise hardwork, I do not mind who does it or when was..

The problem with lot of our ppl are; they dont try to understand the reality.. Rather happy someone spoon feeding them.

If some one praises a person for his achcivement on tourism at the midst of a post war era, I dont understand what a manager/GM/Director/CEO in any tourism industry had to do to make it boom?

Jeez.. SL was a tourists' paradise, there're lot of sight seeing to be done, but would ppl come here when we have a war risking their lives? I bet 10% would.. That was the main problem for the tourist attraction and not that we didnt have enuf hotels for them to stay. Very Happy
Now if the achievement (wining the war) is a work of the respective gentlemen we talk here, I'd agree with you 1000%.

21Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:49 pm

Sylvester1234

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Rajitha wrote:
Sylvester1234 wrote:

I have always posted controversial stuff and have even scolded people! And hardly anyone is on my side when i talk! But I have never seen any admins here delete my posts or ban me! Only immature idiots who's been hired to post crap on the forum by some big shots think that!

By the way If all those other accounts that registered also belong to you, Please do us a favor and go to what ever whole u climbed up and tell you boss we don't care WTF they do to keep promoting their agenda here! Most people don;t care anyway if Godaweera is the sun of Prabakran even! Hell next in line to that is already in government anyway! We are quite used to seeing a corrupt lot at the top! Hell it starts from the very top! So please give it a rest and stop with all the nonsense!

OH OH some people are provoked. So how many accounts are you using to post your anti gvt views ? Why has it made you really really angry when I comment about some one else. VERY VERY STRANGE Cool

22Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:56 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

Sylvester1234 wrote:

OH OH some people are provoked. So how many accounts are you using to post your anti gvt views ? Why has it made you really really angry when I comment about some one else. VERY VERY STRANGE Cool

I'v never had any alt accounts here or for that matter in any forum as I don't have any need to hide behind anything unlike you! I always say what I want up straight! BTW nowadays what ever you do it seems that anti government! Same as DJ said in the meeting with president! Catching robbers is also anti government! So if the meaning of being anti government is being against the corruption I guess I was like that for ever no matter what ever the political party!

23Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:01 pm

smallville

smallville

Sylvester1234 wrote:

We have anti-gov, anti -TK, racists here.. Then we have Godahewa praises, patriots, TK praises, stock promoters.. u name it.. we have it Wink LOL

ppl get angry when some others dont see the valid points but still talking nonsense right?

However much we all are different from each other, still we fall into the investor/trader category.. We've come here to get an idea of markets, share our knowledge and learn to be better..

Hope u understand..

24Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:21 am

sanju351

sanju351

Think Wise wrote:
Redbulls wrote:

I was a frequent reader of Equity forum and was quite alarmed by some of the negative comments posted by a bunch of people (I have noticed but will not mention names) filled with jealousy and personal hatred during last few weeks with the appointment of Dr G as SEC chairman.

It was typically what we call in Sinhalese “palu gei walan bidinawa” type situation.

Dont worry ..my friend ..bull is a bull .....

25Let his luck be my luck ! Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:11 am

Redbulls

Redbulls

sanju351 wrote:
Think Wise wrote:
Redbulls wrote:

Dont worry ..my friend ..bull is a bull .....

I took your comment as bull.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum