FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TIME TO CALL SLT ?
by sureshot Today at 7:42 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Yesterday at 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by blindhog Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:44 am

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

» KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000)
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:04 pm

» ARPICO INSURANCE PLC - Reports LKR 625mn loss for the FY2023
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:58 pm

» EXTERMINATORS PLC (EXT.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:59 am

» ALLIANCE FINANCE COMPANY PLC (ALLI.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:29 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:50 pm

» PINS (People's Insurance) will be another UAL
by sakuni Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:22 pm

» A New Record Price for One Tonne of Cocoa on the International Market
by ResearchMan Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:03 pm

» Access Engineering awarded two more contract packages at Colombo Port
by samansilva Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:05 pm

» FMCG Sector LMF, MEL and DIST
by buwr Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 am

» CEYLON GUARDIAN INVESTMENT TRUST PLC (GUAR)
by soileconomy Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:00 am

» RWSL - WATCH
by sureshot Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:39 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let his luck be my luck !

+11
Whitebull
hettihewa
K.Haputantri
Slstock
Rajitha
smallville
malanp
Redbulls
Think Wise
Sylvester1234
ughettiarachchi
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Let his luck be my luck ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:49 pm

Sylvester1234

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Rajitha wrote:
Sylvester1234 wrote:
smallville wrote:We give credit to ppl who would not have to do a single thing to make a sudden boom in the industry..

Any one heading a hotel or even the authorities of hotel trade would not have to do a miracles to attract tourists in post war era..
If anyone was able to double or even increase this by 20% before 2009, that's the talent IMO..

Well then we must praise his Excellency, the president of SL, Mr Rajapakse and the brave men who ended the Civil War. It had paved way for many industries to grow..

When I read your various comments in this forum it is very clear that you must have achieved very little in life on your own. People who deliver results do not go making statements that others achievements are not significant. Brother you also must be a small time trader like me. I at least have no problem admiting that and recognise those who are better than me. Now go and banned me from the forum. Thats the next best thing you can do. I have seen you guys recommending that on the forum when others point out some thing against your line Very Happy

I have always posted controversial stuff and have even scolded people! And hardly anyone is on my side when i talk! But I have never seen any admins here delete my posts or ban me! Only immature idiots who's been hired to post crap on the forum by some big shots think that!

By the way If all those other accounts that registered also belong to you, Please do us a favor and go to what ever whole u climbed up and tell you boss we don't care WTF they do to keep promoting their agenda here! Most people don;t care anyway if Godaweera is the sun of Prabakran even! Hell next in line to that is already in government anyway! We are quite used to seeing a corrupt lot at the top! Hell it starts from the very top! So please give it a rest and stop with all the nonsense!

OH OH some people are provoked. So how many accounts are you using to post your anti gvt views ? Why has it made you really really angry when I comment about some one else. VERY VERY STRANGE Cool

27Let his luck be my luck ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:56 pm

Rajitha

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Sylvester1234 wrote:

OH OH some people are provoked. So how many accounts are you using to post your anti gvt views ? Why has it made you really really angry when I comment about some one else. VERY VERY STRANGE Cool

I'v never had any alt accounts here or for that matter in any forum as I don't have any need to hide behind anything unlike you! I always say what I want up straight! BTW nowadays what ever you do it seems that anti government! Same as DJ said in the meeting with president! Catching robbers is also anti government! So if the meaning of being anti government is being against the corruption I guess I was like that for ever no matter what ever the political party!

28Let his luck be my luck ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:01 pm

smallville

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Sylvester1234 wrote:

We have anti-gov, anti -TK, racists here.. Then we have Godahewa praises, patriots, TK praises, stock promoters.. u name it.. we have it Wink LOL

ppl get angry when some others dont see the valid points but still talking nonsense right?

However much we all are different from each other, still we fall into the investor/trader category.. We've come here to get an idea of markets, share our knowledge and learn to be better..

Hope u understand..

29Let his luck be my luck ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:21 am

sanju351

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Think Wise wrote:
Redbulls wrote:

So many new members opened the account after 17/08/2012 posting comments in favour of Godaweha.
Which is fine and appreciate all of your comments.
But remember one proverb "a dog's tail can't be straightened".

Of course I opened my account recently.. so.. what is your problem?

I was a frequent reader of Equity forum and was quite alarmed by some of the negative comments posted by a bunch of people (I have noticed but will not mention names) filled with jealousy and personal hatred during last few weeks with the appointment of Dr G as SEC chairman.

It was typically what we call in Sinhalese “palu gei walan bidinawa” type situation.

An independent reader should not be mislead by such comments. Public should know both side of the story.
Really sorry for disturbing the consensus you bunch of people were trying to create against Dr G.
Indeed you have been disturbed.. in a great way it seems..

Dont worry ..my friend ..bull is a bull .....

30Let his luck be my luck ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:11 am

Redbulls

Director - Equity Analytics

sanju351 wrote:
Think Wise wrote:
Redbulls wrote:

So many new members opened the account after 17/08/2012 posting comments in favour of Godaweha.
Which is fine and appreciate all of your comments.
But remember one proverb "a dog's tail can't be straightened".

Of course I opened my account recently.. so.. what is your problem?

I was a frequent reader of Equity forum and was quite alarmed by some of the negative comments posted by a bunch of people (I have noticed but will not mention names) filled with jealousy and personal hatred during last few weeks with the appointment of Dr G as SEC chairman.

It was typically what we call in Sinhalese “palu gei walan bidinawa” type situation.

An independent reader should not be mislead by such comments. Public should know both side of the story.
Really sorry for disturbing the consensus you bunch of people were trying to create against Dr G.
Indeed you have been disturbed.. in a great way it seems..

Dont worry ..my friend ..bull is a bull .....

I took your comment as bull.....

31Let his luck be my luck ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:51 pm

RIO

RIO

Hey brother ughettiarachchi ....

I'm waiting for a reply from you to my above post on this thread...Pls pls don't disappoint me..pls reply to it at your earliest....

Admins...I guess this thread is interesting & for sure will hit 2000 or more views if made sticky...pls do make this a sticky one for few days.....

32Let his luck be my luck ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:56 pm

Slstock

Slstock

I believe in Publicity coming through genuinely and it should come gradually. Any controversial topic gets more hits.
If you talk boring truth or educative matter it will not attractive attend. The way of the world.

RIO wrote:Hey brother ughettiarachchi ....

I'm waiting for a reply from you to my above post on this thread...Pls pls don't disappoint me..pls reply to it at your earliest....

Admins...I guess this thread is interesting & for sure will hit 2000 or more views if made sticky...pls do make this a sticky one for few days.....

33Let his luck be my luck ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:09 pm

anubis

I made a huge mistake by only looking at economic factors and company performances when investing. There seems to be huge "politics" factor to be considered, as this thread has pointed out.

Lesson learnt. Thanks everybody (particularly smallville and Rajitha) for their comments.

Cheers!

34Let his luck be my luck ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Anubis, am surprised at you. There is politics anywhere. I guess someone had to tell you explicitly?

You never gathered that CSE doesn't run on fundamentals or techicals
all the time after all these discussions/hints we had in the forum
specially when ASI hit 4700-4800?

For example , did you notice the there was a game played to keep ASI around 5400 for about a month some time in feb - march playing with high cap shares. I don;t know what kind of politics it was but it was "politics" by someone.

Just remember a few of things

1) When there is negativity there will be people to capitalize on it and make it worse than it is.
2) When there is positivity there will be people to capitalize on it and make it better than it is.
( We at CSE act on extremes. I have said so many time over. Politicians, big shots, brokers all know it and will capitalize on it )
3) One thing about good shares, if and when their is a massive bull run, the day you let go your fundamentals is the day it will rise 10-20%.
4) Investing is game you play with great patience until your time will come. Lot of people do not have that patience to invest and wait for you desired goal. They will talk about opportunity costs , optimization etc etc. I for one would be happy if I can beat FD rates within an investment of 3 years. T

If there is a considerable number of Long term investors ( more long term but they can have mid short term portfolios too) with strong mind sets ( much more than now) it will be not be easy for anybody to play massive games at CSE specially in the down trend. Our people are very emotional. Clearly there are many more short term traders and gamblers at CSE than solid Investors who make hasty decision fast. People mix up Investing vs Trading vs short term holding . But I do not blame the latter either due to nature of CSE.

All of these people will justify their approach is right. We have our own politics.

Let me ask how many here still hold alteast part of a share you bought 3 years back?

Did anyone notice the power of

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t12325-chevron-lubricants-lanka-plc-llub-dividend-from-1999?highlight=llub

there are many more examples like this in the forum.

But finally am glad I am at CSE not Bangladesh stock exhance or Karachi stock exchange. Go check what happend there in the past. CSE is better.

anubis wrote:I made a huge mistake by only looking at economic factors and company performances when investing. There seems to be huge "politics" factor to be considered, as this thread has pointed out.

Lesson learnt. Thanks everybody (particularly smallville and Rajitha) for their comments.

Cheers!

35Let his luck be my luck ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:48 pm

smallville

smallville

slstock wrote:I believe in Publicity coming through genuinely and it should come gradually. Any controversial topic gets more hits.
If you talk boring truth or educative matter it will not attractive attend. The way of the world.

RIO wrote:Hey brother ughettiarachchi ....

Sadly the truth is that.. Nobody wants to know whats going on in the stock market or how can few bucks could be made..

Most guys are either swinging on a noose with speculatives bought at high or like to know the gossip and controversial stuff..

36Let his luck be my luck ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:48 pm

anubis

@slstock: simply put, I didn't think that a handful of people had the capability to decide market direction at their will. It doesn't matter how good an analytic you are, if you don't know what these guys up to...

Cheers!

37Let his luck be my luck ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Anubis, No party can change the market direction forever. Good or bad. Mr or is it Ms Market will dictate.

Do you know the answer to all this ? TIME.

What people are worried about is time and opportunity costs more than anything. Else with time every share will have a say ( sadly even the bad too) in this small market called CSE ( unless they go bankrupt). the good bad and the ugly. But the good will last longer and further.

Thats all I can say.

anubis wrote:@slstock: simply put, I didn't think that a handful of people had the capability to decide market direction at their will. It doesn't matter how good an analytic you are, if you don't know what these guys up to...

Cheers!

38Let his luck be my luck ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:18 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

slstock wrote:Anubis, No party can change the market direction forever. Good or bad. Mr or is it Ms Market will dictate.

Do you know the answer to all this ? TIME.

What people are worried about is time and opportunity costs more than anything. Else with time every share will have a say ( sadly even the bad too) in this small market called CSE ( unless they go bankrupt). the good bad and the ugly. But the good will last longer and further.

Thats all I can say.

anubis wrote:@slstock: simply put, I didn't think that a handful of people had the capability to decide market direction at their will. It doesn't matter how good an analytic you are, if you don't know what these guys up to...

Cheers!

I used to think like this when I first started at the CSE. As an academic I spend countless hours learning the basics of trading stock exchanges and about financial reports. When i knew even when some crap(PCH) will go up, did not buy because of its ethics and did encourage people not to saying it will fall at anytime! Specially when it started reaching peaks! In hindsight now I know that I was just an idiot who actually lost an great opportunity. The bottom line is as long as companies are not forced to pay a huge amount of their earnings as dividends using charts and trying to guess who's next year financials are great is just wasting your time. You'll might get lucky with 1 or 2 that can run even after all the hard work but that might be way less productive than if you followed some big guns or even used your head when some shares being collected or playing with illiquids or many others methods I used.

PEople need to understand one thing THERE ARE NO UNDERVALUED SHARES IN A MARKET! ALL THE SHARES ARE FAIRLY VALUED FOR THAT TIME PERIOD AND CONDITIONS.

Also by the way SLstock whats the point of earning just about the cash you would from a FD from investing in CSE? That just seems ..... for my self at least when you compare the risk vs reward. Not to mention the time you spend doing that. (OFC unless you a beginner and playing around with the system to learn it) That's actually one of the reasons I did not post in here last couple of months as I hardly even care about CSE. Why waste your time in something that gets you no return, when you can spend that time doing something else? For me personally if I can't beat the FD rate x 2 with current cash I have invested in CSE I feel stupid spending time in there for a given period!

The reason why I think this market run is really flawed and will fall off quite soon is the same reason. (I predicted around 5000ASI end of the month, only person to do so and I still think that. maybe at least by mid October.) Because the interest rates currently are really High! You can easily get over 15% return back from a FD while back when market was running FD rates were around 8%. An all time low! Not to mention no fundamental economic factor for a such huge upsurge in market.

But lets not get confused. I'm here to make cash from CSE and I'm also waiting till that 5 minutes tick in that bomb to sell off my shares patiently.
Let his luck be my luck ! - Page 2 Transa10

PS:- For most of my CSE real big guns system working knowledge though I have to give credit to one of my relative who worked few months for an investment trust . In these markets for you to make money one or more has to loose money!

Last edited by Rajitha on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

39Let his luck be my luck ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:58 pm

gamaya

I hope he shows his capabilities by putting one fraudulant big shot behind bars like what happens in countries like USA..

Surely those frauds happen here also?

40Let his luck be my luck ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let his luck be my luck ! Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:41 am

Slstock

Slstock

Rajitha wrote:

Also by the way SLstock whats the point of earning just about the cash you would from a FD from investing in CSE?

Did you read what I said before ?

"I for one would be happy if I can beat FD rates". Beating rates does not mean I am happy with getting same as FD return , beating means and it includes profits of 30% or even 100%.

You prove the point I just made. People talk about opportunity costs and will have their own politics and ways. That fine with me as its their money and time. I have no objection.

However, if people bought during the troubled time ASI 4700-4900 ( I posted articles during those times as
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t19816-some-thoughts-on-cse-market-situation-at-present), even if you are a short term player, some would have gained 20% to even 100% in certain plays by now. It would have beaten annual FD rate return , within in 2 months. I presume you missed that opportunity cost but that is fine with me as it is your decision. Also in the middle of your absence from the forum, there were many trading opportunities and plays at buying new or more shares. For example, one company at Rs 50+ now was Rs 26 then. A company at Rs 20 is now s 37. These are not crap companies.

As we have been discussing so much last year, there is a difference in the mindset of a long term play/er and a short term play/er. I will not try to convince you anymore as it is not possible even with facts and as we talk too much about it already over so many threads.

But I do agree an Investor should have all kinds of play in the basket for different times. We should not get bogged down with only one play. Also I do agree that companies who does not invest earned income in expansion or growth should pay more dividends.

ps : I am glad you held back a "word" in one of your sentences before asking me to clarify and purely based on your opinion. Else I would have retaliated to you. Newton laws come to mind.

BTW curios to know do you still have some small amount of CDB left or not in your portfolio? I thought you said you had some left?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum