FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post



Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

Sri Lankan maid Rizana Nafeek beheaded in Saudi Arabia  - Page 3 Vote_lcap68%Sri Lankan maid Rizana Nafeek beheaded in Saudi Arabia  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 68% [ 178 ]
Sri Lankan maid Rizana Nafeek beheaded in Saudi Arabia  - Page 3 Vote_lcap18%Sri Lankan maid Rizana Nafeek beheaded in Saudi Arabia  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 18% [ 47 ]
Sri Lankan maid Rizana Nafeek beheaded in Saudi Arabia  - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%Sri Lankan maid Rizana Nafeek beheaded in Saudi Arabia  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 13% [ 35 ]

Total Votes : 260

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » DAILY CHRONICLE™ » Sri Lankan maid Rizana Nafeek beheaded in Saudi Arabia

Sri Lankan maid Rizana Nafeek beheaded in Saudi Arabia

+23
Marketinvest
pathfinder
smallville
bullrun
D.G.Dayaratne
wiki
Sana
UKboy
Kithsiri
Antonym
Monster
Redbulls
Malika1990
Chinwi
VISA
Hanoifortune
gamaya
zenobia
raviqp
Whitebull
Jiggysaurus
traderathome
Jeremy
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Redbulls


Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

@UKboy wrote:
@Monster wrote:We are bound to obey the law of the country we are living. It can be either Saudi Arabia or USA. We are entering to the country by accepting their law and regulation.
. Agree with you Monster. I think we all agree this is a very sad incident. Saudi royal family rules it as they wish and as poor outsiders we cannot do much. I really hope sl government will lift the living standard of this family in Muttur. At the moment we should not go against Saudi. We are not in a position to do that.

Agreed with you.

Is there any organisation try to collect donation to help her family? Please let us know.

Monster


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

@Redbulls wrote:
@UKboy wrote:
@Monster wrote:We are bound to obey the law of the country we are living. It can be either Saudi Arabia or USA. We are entering to the country by accepting their law and regulation.
. Agree with you Monster. I think we all agree this is a very sad incident. Saudi royal family rules it as they wish and as poor outsiders we cannot do much. I really hope sl government will lift the living standard of this family in Muttur. At the moment we should not go against Saudi. We are not in a position to do that.

Agreed with you.

Is there any organisation try to collect donation to help her family? Please let us know.
I am honestly willing to contribute financially from my side, if any organization is willing to collect funds to uplift her family.

Sana


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Imagine the mental frame of a young girl for the past seven years in an unknown country and that too in a jail, awaiting to be beheaded. The mere thought of awaiting this death in a lonely cell is certainly enough to cripple even the strongest of man. So think about the plight of Rizana who may be dying minute after minute past six years. Is this Islam? This is mockery of Islam and Shariah!

Kithsiri


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Do not worry that some (Dirty) Mulla will come soon from the same (Dirty) land and give away their (Dirty) Money (Bismillah) to the people around the village and all will be forgotten then. Very Happy

Whitebull


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

I think this thread should be locked otherwise there may be mudsling to religions.

wiki


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Sri Lankan maid Rizana Nafeek beheaded in Saudi Arabia  - Page 3 Cartoo10

This is the sad part.. despite all these discriminations.. the great country Sri Lanka has to send daughters, sisters and mothers to middle east as house maids to earn foreign remittance..

So called patriotic pundits have to understand these things..

Kithsiri

Kithsiri
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

@wiki wrote:Sri Lankan maid Rizana Nafeek beheaded in Saudi Arabia  - Page 3 Cartoo10
This is the sad part.. despite all these discriminations.. the great country Sri Lanka has to send daughters, sisters and mothers to middle east as house maids to earn foreign remittance..
So called patriotic pundits have to understand these things..
This is the saddest part of the saga.
What SLBFE is doing add injury to insult only.
They fleece poor more but no protection or pay back.

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

This type of problems should be handled by Professional Diplomats secretly
Bur Mr Dlan Perera and Mr R. Ramanayaka try get publicity for their personal
Benefits ( to get more MANAPA)

Media also given unnecessary publicity for political statements made against Saudi Arabia

The poor Girl was killed by OUR politicians and IRRESPONSIBLE Meadia

and not by Sharia law

bullrun

bullrun
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

It is inhuman and to be strongly condemned by everybody!

Hanoifortune

Hanoifortune
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

@D.G.Dayaratne wrote:This type of problems should be handled by Professional Diplomats secretly
Bur Mr Dlan Perera and Mr R. Ramanayaka try get publicity for their personal
Benefits ( to get more MANAPA)

Media also given unnecessary publicity for political statements made against Saudi Arabia

The poor Girl was killed by OUR politicians and IRRESPONSIBLE Meadia

and not by Sharia law

you are right Bro !No point blaming the saudi, Royal, Sharia law,culture and their religion.As per thier law, Victim family can withdraw the case or ask for compensation.Who know if our goverment did not agree to pay the sum to victim family. May be govement find it is cheaper to built a house and give a few thosuand rupees to maid's family rather than paying a million compensation.

Whitebull


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

@Hanoifortune wrote:
@D.G.Dayaratne wrote:This type of problems should be handled by Professional Diplomats secretly
Bur Mr Dlan Perera and Mr R. Ramanayaka try get publicity for their personal
Benefits ( to get more MANAPA)

Media also given unnecessary publicity for political statements made against Saudi Arabia

The poor Girl was killed by OUR politicians and IRRESPONSIBLE Meadia

and not by Sharia law

you are right Bro !No point blaming the saudi, Royal, Sharia law,culture and their religion.As per thier law, Victim family can withdraw the case or ask for compensation.Who know if our goverment did not agree to pay the sum to victim family. May be govement find it is cheaper to built a house and give a few thosuand rupees to maid's family rather than paying a million compensation.
මේවා කියවනකොට මට මතක් වෙනවා පොඩි කාලේ සිංහල පොතේ තිබුනු කැකිල්ලේ රජ්ජුරුවන්ගේ කතාව Laughing Laughing Laughing

Malika1990

Malika1990
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

@Whitebull wrote:
@Hanoifortune wrote:
@D.G.Dayaratne wrote:This type of problems should be handled by Professional Diplomats secretly
Bur Mr Dlan Perera and Mr R. Ramanayaka try get publicity for their personal
Benefits ( to get more MANAPA)

Media also given unnecessary publicity for political statements made against Saudi Arabia

The poor Girl was killed by OUR politicians and IRRESPONSIBLE Meadia

and not by Sharia law

you are right Bro !No point blaming the saudi, Royal, Sharia law,culture and their religion.As per thier law, Victim family can withdraw the case or ask for compensation.Who know if our goverment did not agree to pay the sum to victim family. May be govement find it is cheaper to built a house and give a few thosuand rupees to maid's family rather than paying a million compensation.
මේවා කියවනකොට මට මතක් වෙනවා පොඩි කාලේ සිංහල පොතේ තිබුනු කැකිල්ලේ රජ්ජුරුවන්ගේ කතාව Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well said Bro
Very Happy
I think that if someone has common sense They can easily understand what is the reality.
This was not happened only for Sri Lanka. Indonesia also faced this situation and they stop sending their workers to Saudi Arabia.

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Some people misunderstood what i said


PROBLEM LIKE THIS SHOULD BE HANDLED BY PROFESSIONAL diplomatic NOT
BUY POLITICIANS

PL UNDERSTAND WHAT SAY

raviqp


Stock Trader

Why not all Muslims in Sri Lanka get together after Friday prayers and do a protest march against Saudi Arabia. They can also declare Jehad on that country. If this occurred in a non Muslim country what would be the reaction. Why are you silent?

Kithsiri

Kithsiri
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

@raviqp wrote:Why not all Muslims in Sri Lanka get together after Friday prayers and do a protest march against Saudi Arabia. They can also declare Jehad on that country. If this occurred in a non Muslim country what would be the reaction. Why are you silent?
The true meaning of this most abused word Jihad is to "overcome your own fears and weaknesses" and not throw stones at someone or something in protest after the Juma Prayer, as it happened in most cases.
See how the Jihad would fit in this context and see what we can do collectively and individually to avert such a tragedy again here or anywhere.

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

@raviqp wrote:Why not all Muslims in Sri Lanka get together after Friday prayers and do a protest march against Saudi Arabia. They can also declare Jehad on that country. If this occurred in a non Muslim country what would be the reaction. Why are you silent?
I think diplomatically we should stay neutral on this matter.

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

@raviqp wrote:Why not all Muslims in Sri Lanka get together after Friday prayers and do a protest march against Saudi Arabia. They can also declare Jehad on that country. If this occurred in a non Muslim country what would be the reaction. Why are you silent?

Have u seen a single Muslim protest against this?

Its their law, and it has happened in one of their native countries.. These sheikhs lead these countries in the Hitlers way and no Muslim stand against it.. So do you think any Muslim would come out?

Yes if this happens in any other country, there'll be all kinds of protests Wink This is the funny thing.

Have u seen a single Muslim shares a FB banner regarding this? Hell NO... Even if they dont like what's happening, they can have their say.. That's Haraam.. So leading a double life is understood.

What our Govt should do is stop sending our women to maid positions in these countries. These countries cannot do anything when it comes to executing their law.
People are ppl, all have same rights. And if their law is not impartial and natives are given an upper-hand then its up to the govt to decide whether we put our own nation in trouble by sending them to these countries or not.
Living with poverty is better than facing consequences.

Kithsiri

Kithsiri
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

@Kithsiri wrote:
@Jiggysaurus wrote:When organized religions/cults/sects/clubs are allowed to get out of hand it leads to the oppression/subjugation/abuse/death of those without power.
In this particular case, a barbaric "diyabariya law" designed by a bronze age cult is used to control women and children.
Another innocent life sacrificed on the alter of the mullahs/monks/priests/rabbis/holymen.....
I agree with you fully.
Let me add that Sri Lanka should stop sending females who are non-professional / technical to those regions with immediate effect.
Let them wash their own dirty linen and rape their own women covered in burkas, then subjecting ours.
I agree SV and that is my view too which I have expressed before which I quote again above.

Whitebull


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

@smallville wrote:
@raviqp wrote:Why not all Muslims in Sri Lanka get together after Friday prayers and do a protest march against Saudi Arabia. They can also declare Jehad on that country. If this occurred in a non Muslim country what would be the reaction. Why are you silent?

Have u seen a single Muslim protest against this?

Its their law, and it has happened in one of their native countries.. These sheikhs lead these countries in the Hitlers way and no Muslim stand against it.. So do you think any Muslim would come out?

Yes if this happens in any other country, there'll be all kinds of protests Wink This is the funny thing.

Have u seen a single Muslim shares a FB banner regarding this? Hell NO... Even if they dont like what's happening, they can have their say.. That's Haraam.. So leading a double life is understood.

What our Govt should do is stop sending our women to maid positions in these countries. These countries cannot do anything when it comes to executing their law.
People are ppl, all have same rights. And if their law is not impartial and natives are given an upper-hand then its up to the govt to decide whether we put our own nation in trouble by sending them to these countries or not.
Living with poverty is better than facing consequences.

I am posting this just to mention that muslims are also somewhat concerns about this incident,
Muslim Council of Sri Lanka expresses grief for Rizana’s death, requests copy of judicial proceedings.
The Muslim Council of Sri Lanka (MCSL) expressed their condolences for Saudi Arabia’s decision to execute Rizana Nafeek. The Council also expressed their shock at the failure of the infant’s parents for not pardoning Rizana, which is an option available to them under Islamic law and which is strong encouraged in the Quran.
The Council further accused the infant’s family for entrusting a minor (Rizana, at that time was 17 years of age) to take care of a four month old baby, which they described as ‘unfit’.
The MCSL also wished to appeal from Saudi Arabia to release a copy of the judicial proceedings for for Sri Lankan experts to study and advise all those seeking employment in Saudi Arabia to be well advised on how to avoid similar situations in the future.
The Muslim Council of Sri Lanka represents 102 Muslim organizations in the country
http://www.adaderana.lk/news.php?nid=21218
We all know islamic law is bit strict....I think Prime goal of that strictness is to impliment good discipline and
behaviour but some are using and change it egosticlly.If the muslims in a muslim country agree to follow their rule it is up to them to decide on it.As I also have mentioned in my earlier post if we do not like their laws we should not send our people to those countries.
Most importantly we should not make problem with our muslim community regarding this issue.We have just ended thirty year lasted war and still recovering from devastation.

pathfinder

pathfinder
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

what ever the law,what ever the religeon,see this brutal act,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B4ACG2Km34

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

@Whitebull wrote:


I am posting this just to mention that muslims are also somewhat concerns about this incident,
Muslim Council of Sri Lanka expresses grief for Rizana’s death, requests copy of judicial proceedings.
The Muslim Council of Sri Lanka (MCSL) expressed their condolences for Saudi Arabia’s decision to execute Rizana Nafeek. The Council also expressed their shock at the failure of the infant’s parents for not pardoning Rizana, which is an option available to them under Islamic law and which is strong encouraged in the Quran.
The Council further accused the infant’s family for entrusting a minor (Rizana, at that time was 17 years of age) to take care of a four month old baby, which they described as ‘unfit’.
The MCSL also wished to appeal from Saudi Arabia to release a copy of the judicial proceedings for for Sri Lankan experts to study and advise all those seeking employment in Saudi Arabia to be well advised on how to avoid similar situations in the future.
The Muslim Council of Sri Lanka represents 102 Muslim organizations in the country
http://www.adaderana.lk/news.php?nid=21218

We all know islamic law is bit strict....I think Prime goal of that strictness is to impliment good discipline and
behaviour but some are using and change it egosticlly.If the muslims in a muslim country agree to follow their rule it is up to them to decide on it.As I also have mentioned in my earlier post if we do not like their laws we should not send our people to those countries.
Most importantly we should not make problem with our muslim community regarding this issue.We have just ended thirty year lasted war and still recovering from devastation.

Correct..
Discipline is a need, but Sharia law is too much.. However, we dont have a say when this law is considered the "Gods law" in these countries.

As Sri Lankans, we should, however, be more vigilant sending our ppl to these countries. There are plenty of examples they took us as second class;
Here we dont oppose following any religion but when ur in Arab countries, u cant practice Buddhism. One SL guy got caught worshiping budda and now he's in prison waiting for his sentence. U never know what would happen, it will not end with Rizana's case.
A rule like this is ridiculous, cuz everyone has a right to follow their own religion imo.

So the prudent thing is, as u also said, stop sending our ppl to these countries completely or limit as much as possible.
Its better to live in poverty than landing in an alien country and getting one's head lose.

Marketinvest

Marketinvest
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Actually their are two sides to it. How will it feel for a mom to loose her 4 month old child. Unless we are facing the same situation Its difficult to give a view on it. Thats just my view only.

traderathome

traderathome
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

@Marketinvest wrote:Actually their are two sides to it. How will it feel for a mom to loose her 4 month old child. Unless we are facing the same situation Its difficult to give a view on it. Thats just my view only.
with all due respect ...if she was so close to the child..will she leave it with a house maid to attend to..what was she doing all the while ....... Rolling Eyes

i can guess what she was up to....but since this is a public forum..i refrain from saying.....

i am so upset with my community....for not even standing in front of the embassy with placards to show our strongest protest.....

this double standard must stop.... Shocked

that way i am very proud as to how the sinhala community speaks against this with their heart-out ..thinking rizana is a one of them ....and not with any ulterior motive.

hats off to the leo club for building a house for her family.

but we lost an innocent girl........ Sad

TAH

traderathome

traderathome
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

there are enough and more people to stone us embassy ....throw slippers or burn effigies/flags.....

i am not against the death penalty ...but against the lack of transparency in their judicial system...they should have the punishments as it is but the method must be their assure the innocents are spared.

the moderate people are silent..... pale

Jiggysaurus

Jiggysaurus
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

@traderathome wrote:

the moderate people are silent..... pale




Last edited by Monster on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Comment is removed since it's insulting a community)

glwking

glwking
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

@pathfinder wrote:what ever the law,what ever the religeon,see this brutal act,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B4ACG2Km34
First of all this footage is not Rizana's beheading. But anyhow we can assume, Rizana also beheaded in a similar way. However, we should note one thing. They have beheaded in public not to entertain the public. But others to discourage to do same crime. That's why countries in the Middle East has less crime compare to other countries.

I we don't discourage, we may hear many crime stories in the media. Husband may kill his wife and two kids and burn it. Boy friend may kill his girl friend near fort railway bridge. They know, they can escape from verdict. I strongly believe killing is ideal punishment murder, rape and drug trafficking.

Jiggysaurus

Jiggysaurus
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

looks like my comments have been censored/fatwa'd by a monster.

i'd like a second opinion by a universal moderator like smallville whether this monstorous censorship is justified or not.

Jiggysaurus

Jiggysaurus
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

my comments have been beheaded/censored by a monster (who seems to be a muslim).

i demand justice from the Admins/Universal Mods.

If unbiased mods like smallville/chinwi feel that my comments are unjustified i can live with their ruling but muslims like monster should not be allowed to censor this thread (that is like the CJ's mother giving a ruling on the CJ's case).

Sasanka De Silva

Sasanka De Silva
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

@glwking wrote: That's why countries in the Middle East has less crime compare to other countries. Shocked
I wonder from where you got this assumption ?
I strongly believe killing is ideal punishment affraid murder, rape and drug trafficking.
Live in this Century and not in 15th century

Hanoifortune

Hanoifortune
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

@Sasanka De Silva wrote:
@glwking wrote: That's why countries in the Middle East has less crime compare to other countries. Shocked
I wonder from where you got this assumption ?
I strongly believe killing is ideal punishment affraid murder, rape and drug trafficking.
Live in this Century and not in 15th century


Do you mean this century people are saints? All these happen in this century
Pls suggest your punishment for below, without suggesting our colonial master’s punishments.
1) People who cheat others
2) People who kill innocent foetus in their mother womb
3) Rapist
4) Who sells alcohol and destroy poor people finance and life
5) Killers
6) Business people who are not truth full to their customer
7) Who live on orphan wealth?
Cool MPs who are not serving people
9) Drug peddlers
10) Smugglers
11) Arm sellers
12) Thieves
13) People who grab others land and property
14) Men who cheat women

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum