FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post



Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

 Sri Lanka to ban use of unregistered mobile phones Vote_lcap68% Sri Lanka to ban use of unregistered mobile phones Vote_rcap 68% [ 178 ]
 Sri Lanka to ban use of unregistered mobile phones Vote_lcap18% Sri Lanka to ban use of unregistered mobile phones Vote_rcap 18% [ 47 ]
 Sri Lanka to ban use of unregistered mobile phones Vote_lcap13% Sri Lanka to ban use of unregistered mobile phones Vote_rcap 13% [ 35 ]

Total Votes : 260

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» Beware of Fabricated news on CLC
by Winner123 Today at 6:29 am

» LOFC Direction
by stockchaser Today at 5:59 am

» HSenid IPO
by dhanushkacse Today at 4:49 am

» LOLC Group Share Rise Imminent
by Winner123 Yesterday at 8:08 pm

» CLC - Bull & Bear LOCKED HORNS - can blast at any time.
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 8:07 pm

» ඔමික්‍රෝන් ලංකාවට ඇතුලු වෙයි
by stockchaser Yesterday at 6:28 pm

» CLC - worth the Investment
by Captain Yesterday at 6:18 pm

» LOLC waiting for LOFC 100+ and CLC 100+
by Captain Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» Water For All - CIND
by LHW Yesterday at 5:37 pm

» COCR can be attractive
by C.THARANGA Yesterday at 1:22 pm

» SCAP just about to run
by Swissinvest Yesterday at 12:23 pm

» WATA and other plantation stocks
by target1 Yesterday at 12:17 pm

» NP Rumored to enter SCAP
by Swissinvest Yesterday at 10:42 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Biggy Yesterday at 10:23 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by Biggy Yesterday at 10:20 am

» ASSOCIATED MOTOR FINANCE COMPANY PLC (AMF.N0000)
by nish84 Yesterday at 8:30 am

» AMF and LCBF - Next game changers?
by chandike73 Yesterday at 8:21 am

» Lanka Hospital
by soileconomy Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:48 pm

» R I L PROPERTY PLC (RIL.N0000)
by Biggy Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:06 pm

» What is the CDS Identification No.
by dinsan884 Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:09 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » DAILY CHRONICLE™ »  Sri Lanka to ban use of unregistered mobile phones

Sri Lanka to ban use of unregistered mobile phones

+7
Kithsiri
Monster
mark
sriranga
Slstock
Chinwi
Redbulls
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Jan 18, Colombo: Sri Lanka Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (TRC) has decided to ban the imported mobile phones that are not registered with the TRC.

TRC says modern equipment will be used to identify the unregistered mobile phones and remove them from use.

TRC Director General Anusha Palpita has said that all imported mobile phones should be registered and they are required to meet certain safety regulations.

The TRC will block the signals to the unregistered phones, he said.

TRC has taken steps to maintain a Central Equipment Identity Register and all the phones failing to register will be disabled by blocking the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) numbers.

However, the users of unregistered mobile phones at present will be granted a grace period to get them registered, a spokesman of the TRC said.
http://www.colombopage.com/archive_13A/Jan18_1358493765KA.php

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Is this a good news for Softlogic ?

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

So what happens to the unlocked phones foreigner and locals living outside bring to Sri Lanka on visits?

I hope someone realized or sees this and come up with with an easy process to register.

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

@slstock wrote:So what happens to the unlocked phones foreigner and locals living outside bring to Sri Lanka on visits?

I hope someone realized or sees this and come up with with an easy process to register.


However, the users of unregistered mobile phones at present will be granted a grace period to get them registered,

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics


No I meant if someones brings a mobile they are using elsewhere for a 2 week visit.


@sriranga wrote:
@slstock wrote:So what happens to the unlocked phones foreigner and locals living outside bring to Sri Lanka on visits?

I hope someone realized or sees this and come up with with an easy process to register.


However, the users of unregistered mobile phones at present will be granted a grace period to get them registered,

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

ah what another fuk... decsion,you buggrs need to increase prices? :O

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

@slstock wrote:
No I meant if someones brings a mobile they are using elsewhere for a 2 week visit.


@sriranga wrote:
@slstock wrote:So what happens to the unlocked phones foreigner and locals living outside bring to Sri Lanka on visits?

I hope someone realized or sees this and come up with with an easy process to register.


However, the users of unregistered mobile phones at present will be granted a grace period to get them registered,

haha,dont come to SL,They will even disconnect your phone..,We have human rights in papers only Razz

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

@slstock wrote:
No I meant if someones brings a mobile they are using elsewhere for a 2 week visit.


@sriranga wrote:
@slstock wrote:So what happens to the unlocked phones foreigner and locals living outside bring to Sri Lanka on visits?

I hope someone realized or sees this and come up with with an easy process to register.


However, the users of unregistered mobile phones at present will be granted a grace period to get them registered,

At the port of entrance we need to register the phone.
Don't you think why, bcos we are heading towards like Myanmar..............

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Is this your suggestion or has TRC thought about this yet.

Hmm.. this can bring additional revenue to Sri Lanka. All visitors Must rent or buy a registered phone in Sri Lanka.No phone bought outside SL will be registered. Else join queue for 2 hours at Air port to get your phone registered. Haha ( this is joke for those who take these things seriously)



@Redbulls wrote:
@slstock wrote:
No I meant if someones brings a mobile they are using elsewhere for a 2 week visit.


@sriranga wrote:
@slstock wrote:So what happens to the unlocked phones foreigner and locals living outside bring to Sri Lanka on visits?

I hope someone realized or sees this and come up with with an easy process to register.


However, the users of unregistered mobile phones at present will be granted a grace period to get them registered,

At the port of entrance we need to register the phone.
Don't you think why, bcos we are heading towards like Myanmar..............

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

@slstock wrote:Is this your suggestion or has TRC thought about this yet.

Hmm.. this can bring additional revenue to Sri Lanka. All visitors Must rent or buy a registered phone in Sri Lanka.No phone bought outside SL will be registered. Else join queue for 2 hours at Air port to get your phone registered. Haha ( this is joke for those who take these things seriously)



@Redbulls wrote:
@slstock wrote:
No I meant if someones brings a mobile they are using elsewhere for a 2 week visit.


@sriranga wrote:
@slstock wrote:So what happens to the unlocked phones foreigner and locals living outside bring to Sri Lanka on visits?

I hope someone realized or sees this and come up with with an easy process to register.


However, the users of unregistered mobile phones at present will be granted a grace period to get them registered,

At the port of entrance we need to register the phone.
Don't you think why, bcos we are heading towards like Myanmar..............

Like Online Visa we can apply to register the phone to be used in the country when we are visiting no?
Easy pessy.

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Lot of things are easy peesy if they do it methodically and efficiently , But will they.

Submission online is easy. But it needs to get activated only after arriving in Sri Lanka.

With 1 million foriegners and so many others who reside outside, TFC need to think about who does and when it gets activated. Probably a new system will be needed to auto a link arrival ( passport scan ) with TRC .


@Redbulls wrote:
@slstock wrote:Is this your suggestion or has TRC thought about this yet.

Hmm.. this can bring additional revenue to Sri Lanka. All visitors Must rent or buy a registered phone in Sri Lanka.No phone bought outside SL will be registered. Else join queue for 2 hours at Air port to get your phone registered. Haha ( this is joke for those who take these things seriously)



@Redbulls wrote:
@slstock wrote:
No I meant if someones brings a mobile they are using elsewhere for a 2 week visit.


@sriranga wrote:
@slstock wrote:So what happens to the unlocked phones foreigner and locals living outside bring to Sri Lanka on visits?

I hope someone realized or sees this and come up with with an easy process to register.


However, the users of unregistered mobile phones at present will be granted a grace period to get them registered,

At the port of entrance we need to register the phone.
Don't you think why, bcos we are heading towards like Myanmar..............

Like Online Visa we can apply to register the phone to be used in the country when we are visiting no?
Easy pessy.

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

So, we won't be able to use our mobile phones once we landed in the airport. We have to wait till TRC approve our registration. This is ridiculous.
@slstock wrote:Lot of things are easy peesy if they do it methodically and efficiently , But will they.

Submission online is easy. But it needs to get activated only after arriving in Sri Lanka.

With 1 million foriegners and so many others who reside outside, TFC need to think about who does and when it gets activated. Probably a new system will be needed to auto a link arrival ( passport scan ) with TRC .


@Redbulls wrote:
@slstock wrote:Is this your suggestion or has TRC thought about this yet.

Hmm.. this can bring additional revenue to Sri Lanka. All visitors Must rent or buy a registered phone in Sri Lanka.No phone bought outside SL will be registered. Else join queue for 2 hours at Air port to get your phone registered. Haha ( this is joke for those who take these things seriously)



@Redbulls wrote:
@slstock wrote:
No I meant if someones brings a mobile they are using elsewhere for a 2 week visit.


@sriranga wrote:
@slstock wrote:So what happens to the unlocked phones foreigner and locals living outside bring to Sri Lanka on visits?

I hope someone realized or sees this and come up with with an easy process to register.


However, the users of unregistered mobile phones at present will be granted a grace period to get them registered,

At the port of entrance we need to register the phone.
Don't you think why, bcos we are heading towards like Myanmar..............

Like Online Visa we can apply to register the phone to be used in the country when we are visiting no?
Easy pessy.

Kithsiri

Kithsiri
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Welcome to Sri Lanka Very Happy
@Monster wrote:So, we won't be able to use our mobile phones once we landed in the airport. We have to wait till TRC approve our registration. This is ridiculous.

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Thanks. I used to visit Sri Lanka every 3/4 months.
@Kithsiri wrote:Welcome to Sri Lanka Very Happy
@Monster wrote:So, we won't be able to use our mobile phones once we landed in the airport. We have to wait till TRC approve our registration. This is ridiculous.

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

@slstock wrote:Is this your suggestion or has TRC thought about this yet.

Hmm.. this can bring additional revenue to Sri Lanka. All visitors Must rent or buy a registered phone in Sri Lanka.No phone bought outside SL will be registered. Else join queue for 2 hours at Air port to get your phone registered. Haha ( this is joke for those who take these things seriously)

I'm 99% sure that TRC will introduce a much relax methodology for all foreigners & sri lankan migrants who visit Sri Lanka. Hope no rule applies for at least 1st 6 weeks.

Overall this is absolutely crazy idea. I never been to a country has this kind of a rule ( or at least something come close to this) Shocked

I guess TRC can easily track people with this new registration.

Kithsiri

Kithsiri
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

When the big time smugglers, thugs. Drug traffickers and others who have the blessings of the brutal regime are using Secret Mobile telephone numbers sanctioned by the MoD for their clandestine operation, and then I am sure the TRC does not have to look far and request the list from MoD. Shocked
What standards we are talking about? Embarassed
When did Sri Lanka become Sweden? Very Happy

Fresher


Moderator
Moderator

Good morning people Smile

This was news years ago. What happened then? Phone shops got them registered and the boxes carried the labels saying "Approved by TRC"

Anyway, even if you're getting a phone through ebay or gets sent through courier it must be registered (apart from tax). Not a huge amount.

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Well in other thoughts, someone should get a cut out of the mobiles used in SL ne...
Now do we have to register a phone if we buy it on a short trip to Singapore or Malaysia too?

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

The way how our administrators are thinking will lead to the following in future,
the new born baby will be fitted (implanted) with a chip to track his/her movements and what they are talking even thinking (who knows?)

piyalpy


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Comparing other countries, thinking personal difficulties and arguing of TRC foolish policies does not come to my mind. Why they doing it.. to track you.. to reduce phone usage in SL. Baseless arguments. For those things they have thousand of other methods to do. Why then?.
TRC objective is to ban very low quality phones been smuggled in to country. Otherwise our citizens health in great danger. This exercise must be done without any delay.

Kithsiri

Kithsiri
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

@piyalpy wrote:Comparing other countries, thinking personal difficulties and arguing of TRC foolish policies does not come to my mind. Why they doing it.. to track you.. to reduce phone usage in SL. Baseless arguments. For those things they have thousand of other methods to do. Why then?.
TRC objective is to ban very low quality phones been smuggled in to country. Otherwise our citizens health in great danger. This exercise must be done without any delay.
Do you know what are the acceptable levels of standards the TRC has formulated in relation to this issue?
Are they well within the Universally acceptable levels ?
Or they are better than the existing ones anywhere in the World or what?
Enlighten us please.
(Welcome to the Forum). Very Happy

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum