In a piece up at Project Syndicate, economist Nouriel Roubini says gold will fall to around $1,000 before the end of 2015.
He gives 6 reasons why.
* Gold spikes during extreme crises. The crises are over.
* Gold does well during periods when there’s a risk of high inflation. That clearly is no longer a big worry, given how much central banks have unsuccessfully tried to stoke even modest inflation.
* Now with the economy recovering, nobody wants to be in rocks that don’t pay any dividends.
* Real interest rates are rising. That kills gold.
* Governments with debt issues are selling gold.
* Gold was juiced by right-wing fanatics in the US. That boom is over.
Read the whole column here —>