FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000)

+63
Hairoos
chathura123
kuk83
ColomboCSE
vikiperera
bhanu
hettdas
target1
wisdom79
De23
dhaneenja
samansilva
rukshan1234
Bakka1988
kassachandi
charith666lk
crnsuranjith
VALUEPICK
Gainer
Beta1
kassachandimal
hiransilva23
chamil1
reader
Brinthan
Udara Rangana
EquityChamp
pjrngroup
Quibit
gamaya
Nitro 7
Spoon
Senior Citizen
nimantha80
Teller
StockGuru
player
prabath
Leon
Backstage
D.G.Dayaratne
dhanurrox
Slstock
glad
traderathome
sikka89
smallville
WildBear
malanp
sashimaal
Chinwi
rainmaker
Humble
dudi
mark
Dileepa
salt
NEM
thilankad
Meta Trader
wis
tubal
Gaja
67 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:00 pm

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/487_1298863907850.pdf

2NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:04 pm

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

About 50% growth. Share price hasn't budged. How did the manipulators miss this one? As we have seen so far this year; when there is 50% YoY growth share price jumps 250% before the announcement

3NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:48 am

wis

Manager - Equity Analytics

How did you calculate 50% growth? I see only about 10%.

4NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:52 am

tubal

wis wrote:How did you calculate 50% growth? I see only about 10%.

In my book it's the quarterly report you should look at, the year to date figures include results that have been previously released and therefore reflected in the share price.

for the quarter it's : (7.85 - 5.24) / 5.24 = 0.498091603 rounds to exactly 50%

Meta Trader

Meta Trader
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

By Azhar Razak

Nestlé, the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company says it plans to invest more than 2 billion rupees in 2011 in Sri Lanka to install additional production capacities and to focus on dairy development initiatives. This is part of a master plan drawn up for the investment of 10 billion rupees in Sri Lanka over the next few years, Chairman, Nestlé Lanka Plc Antonio Helio Waszyk told his shareholders in his message at the release of the company’s Annual Report for the year ended December 31, 2010 last week.
“I have no doubt that this strategic investment plan will help us retain our competitive positioning and provide a firm foundation for bigger success in the future,” he said.
He said that this was in keeping with Sri Lanka’s vision of developing domestic dairy production in the coming years and the company aims to double its local fresh milk collection during this time.
“During the year, the Company continued its contribution to the rural economy by expanding its dairy development initiatives to the North and East and by procuring significant amounts of local raw material for its wide range of food and beverages products. With dairy development expansions in the North and East, Nestlé Lanka now collects milk from over 15,000 farmers everyday and has contributed Rs.1.49bn to the livelihoods of dairy farmers by way of milk purchases,” he mentioned.
Nestlé Lanka Plc recorded a profit after tax of Rs.1.9bn for the year ended December 31, 2010 as against a profit of Rs.1.58bn posted a year ago. The company’s net revenue increased from Rs.19.4bn posted in the year 2009 to Rs.21.4bn.
Meanwhile, Nestlé Lanka Plc Managing Director Alois Hofbauer in his message said the company had overachieved in its milk collection target for the year with a 20% growth and today collect over 100,000 litres of milk from 15,000 farmers everyday.
“2011 holds big plans for the company, where we will commence with our long-term LKR 10 billion investment plan this year. These investments highlight the founding philosophy of how we go about our business; where we believe that companies are only sustainable and successful over the long-term if they create value not just for their shareholders but also for the societies in which they operate,” he noted.

http://www.thebottomline.lk/2011/05/08/page4.html

6NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Sun May 08, 2011 4:58 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

More investments from Nestle for Sri Lanka's dairy development

Nestle Lanka, a unit of Swiss-based Nestle has established a malted drink plant at a cost of Rs. 560 million at its manufacturing complex in Kurunegala.

Last year, Nestle Lanka invested 1.1 billion rupees in dairy development and expansion of the Kurunegala factory complex.

A senior Nestlé group official Pierre Schaufelberger said “Nestlé sees a lot of opportunity in Sri Lanka and believes in its potential,", in a statement and the company will double its investment to 2.0 billion this year, which will be part of a 10 billion rupee planned investment in the next few years.

He said that about one third of the money will go into dairy development and dairy based products.

He further said that Dairying is a tariff protected industry in Sri Lanka, and there are also price controls on the sale of milk powder. (niz)

http://www.news.lk/home/17867-more-investments-from-nestle-for-sri-lankas-dairy-development

this is a good company who gives regular attractive dividends
-a bright future is ahead and seems no need to worry for stakeholders about the going concern and growth...

7NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Sun May 08, 2011 9:06 pm

Gaja

One of the share which is out of the purchasing power capacity of the most retailers

8NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Sun May 08, 2011 10:07 pm

wis

Gaja wrote:One of the share which is out of the purchasing power capacity of the most retailers

Is it really? Look at how retailers went after CFIN.

9NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Sun May 08, 2011 10:38 pm

Gaja

wis wrote:
Gaja wrote:One of the share which is out of the purchasing power capacity of the most retailers

Is it really? Look at how retailers went after CFIN.

I prefer Nest because it owned by Foreigners, so they will declared frequent high dividends in order to take there money out, at the moment i don't have any CFIN or NEST

thilankad

thilankad

Nestle (NESN.VX), the world’s largest food company, offered to buy 60 percent of Chinese candies and pastries group Hsu Fu Chi International (HSFU.SI) for about $1.7 billion to expand in one of the world’s biggest consumer markets.

The Hsu family, which owns 56.48 percent of the Singapore-listed company, will sell a 16.48 percent stake to Nestle, but the family will retain 40 percent in the firm under a joint venture deal, Hsu Fu Chi said in a statement.

The deal comes at a time when a series of accounting scandals at foreign-listed Chinese companies has triggered a widespread sell-off in China-based stocks and is prompting owners to consider mergers or partnerships.

“The investment is good for Nestle as Hsu Fu Chi has a very good distribution network in China and a decent brand profile, with 6 percent of the market share in China’s candy market,” said Tan Han Meng, an analyst at DMG & Partners.

http://print.dailymirror.lk/business/107-international/49742.html

http://thilankadinush.blogspot.com/

11NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:08 pm

wis

This won't have any effect what so ever to the Lankan company as it's a separate entity.

12NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty NESTLE lanka Mon May 06, 2013 12:00 pm

NEM

NEM
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

It seems nest is overvalued. But still no sign of declining the share price day by day its price is increasing even little by little. Would like to know forum member's views on nestle. It is a great share with good management and good future growth, more than 90 % dividend from earnings as well. But is current price justifiable ?

13NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Mon May 06, 2013 12:22 pm

salt

salt

no way justifiable
but what you said is true

14NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Mon May 06, 2013 2:31 pm

Dileepa

On a P/E based valuation, yes NEST is over valued.
But on a intrinsic valuation NEST is not over valued.
Eg: graham formula gives about 1900/=.
#55 (8 + 2 * 14) = 1980
I personally believe that NEST will stable around 1900 by the end of this year.

It is true that in terms of DY(2.9%), there are better counters.
But the dividend growth rate of last 5 years is over 20%.
Therefore current yield should double in every 3.5 years.
#ln(2)*100/20 = 3.47
Also following record is unmatched by any counter.
NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Nest10

PS. my views may be bit biased here. I'm long on NEST
I do reinvest all my dividends on NEST irrespective of the current price.
I entered at 900 level and currently my gain is over 1M. My DY is 3.6%
NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Pf_nes10
This is a great share to start DRiP investing.
1800 is not too high to enter,
but you have to go slowly, building up a safety buffer during the process.

15NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Mon May 06, 2013 2:50 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

@dileepa-nyc to see u again,whats ur opinion abt cse now,will it go higher ? whats ur trading shares?

ur opinion is very worth to me,i knw u hv long exprnce and knwldge in cse.

Smile Smile

16NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty NESTLE lanka Tue May 07, 2013 1:20 pm

NEM

NEM
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Dileepa wrote:On a P/E based valuation, yes NEST is over valued.
But on a intrinsic valuation NEST is not over valued.
Eg: graham formula gives about 1900/=.
#55 (8 + 2 * 14) = 1980
I personally believe that NEST will stable around 1900 by the end of this year.

It is true that in terms of DY(2.9%), there are better counters.
But the dividend growth rate of last 5 years is over 20%.
Therefore current yield should double in every 3.5 years.
#ln(2)*100/20 = 3.47
Also following record is unmatched by any counter.
NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Nest10

PS. my views may be bit biased here. I'm long on NEST
I do reinvest all my dividends on NEST irrespective of the current price.
I entered at 900 level and currently my gain is over 1M. My DY is 3.6%
NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Pf_nes10
This is a great share to start DRiP investing.
1800 is not too high to enter,
but you have to go slowly, building up a safety buffer during the process.
Yes, you can apply this formula for companies with good consistent future growth. Also Nest is a company like that. But i think the assessed growth rate is too much. It's always better to apply a growth rate 60 % of last decade growth rate ( 10 years may be good), So it gives a valuation of Rs 1400. But with high dividend it gives some extra value as well so Rs1500 may be the suited value. But your valuation is correct. Thanx for giving a great answer and probably the best justification with facts and figures. Thx mate

17NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:25 am

dudi

Will NEST reach 15000 one day/
Hello everyone,please express your expert views on this.thanks

18NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:51 am

Humble

dudi wrote:Hello everyone,please express your expert views on this.thanks

In about 10 years - I guess so Smile

19NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 am

dudi

Ya.it looks pretty much so.no wonder if it happens.a great company

20NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:09 am

rainmaker

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Tell me what the exchange rate will be at that time

21NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:46 am

dudi

rain,ex rate of which currency?

22NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:02 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi

Yes.

When they ban Anchor and other milk imports forever.

23NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:37 pm

rainmaker

I was referring to LKR - USD cross rate

A Holland based firm was the global leader. Then Chernobyl occurred and it was all over red rover!

Fonterra was the combination of two large cooperatives to tackle Nestle. A cooperative where individual farmers were brought in as shareholders to encourage production and profit participation

In 2012 in order to raise capital, units were sold and the units were treated like shares with equal dividends. Australian fund manager Perpetual owns 10% of the outstanding units.

However Chinese investors preferred to buy NZ farms directly instead of the units (i.e. it's a cooperative)

Fonterra is large.... very large. It is like Ingham (one of the chicken providers to KFC, McDonalds etc).

Lets see how successful the new milk policy ...... Rolling Eyes

24NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:45 pm

sashimaal

sashimaal

May happen sooner than we think lol! 

25NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Empty Re: NESTLE LANKA PLC (NEST.N0000) Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:45 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi

sashimaal wrote:May happen sooner than we think  lol! 
Because it is the only listed milk powder producer ?

History Form 2008, (roughly )
appreciated 100% in 13 months
another 100% next 17 months,
another 100%  in next 12 months
total  3.5 years

with the new developments,

100% 2000 -> 4000 in 18 months max
100% 4000 -> 8000 in 18 months
100% 8000 -> 16,000 in 18 months

Total 4.5 years

It can happen in 3.5 to 4.5 years : Between January 2017- and January 2018 !

NOTE: THIS IS JUST MATHEMATICS . Do not take seriously for anything. (for buying or challenging me ) Extrapolation is very dangerous in stock valuation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum