FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TIME TO CALL SLT ?
by sureshot Today at 7:42 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Yesterday at 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by blindhog Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:44 am

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

» KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000)
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:04 pm

» ARPICO INSURANCE PLC - Reports LKR 625mn loss for the FY2023
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:58 pm

» EXTERMINATORS PLC (EXT.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:59 am

» ALLIANCE FINANCE COMPANY PLC (ALLI.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:29 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:50 pm

» PINS (People's Insurance) will be another UAL
by sakuni Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:22 pm

» A New Record Price for One Tonne of Cocoa on the International Market
by ResearchMan Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:03 pm

» Access Engineering awarded two more contract packages at Colombo Port
by samansilva Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:05 pm

» FMCG Sector LMF, MEL and DIST
by buwr Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 am

» CEYLON GUARDIAN INVESTMENT TRUST PLC (GUAR)
by soileconomy Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:00 am

» RWSL - WATCH
by sureshot Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:39 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000)

+48
vikey
cheetah
dakzsl
Eranga87
100Bill
NiroR
npgslnawa
4Corners
ipo
hammurabi
Cma
Teller
Uaecoindubai
MarketWch
Winner123
roshan1039
Randikaayesh123
The Hunter
bushra03
equityhunter
jonta999
Backstage
Leon
Jana1
Hawk Eye
Chinwi
econ
funland
Bond
seek
Slstock
KDDND
amohamedniffraz
UAEBOY
sanju351
traderathome
Antonym
CSE.SAS
salt
rainmaker
Universalgoal
malan
stockanalytic
Be cautious
Shamila
asigiriyage
udeni
TIKKA
52 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:37 pm

traderathome

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Well not necessarily, however though it can push high on the break-out I am expecting in few weeks... the price channel of ASIY trading is becoming very narrow 3.1-3.2 ....
The more time it takes on for consolidation, the jump would be 1.2-1.5 for ASIY techinally before resting for the next phase.
with possible favorable results for the 3rd quarter about to be released..it could have a run prior dividends announcements.
An announcement would not hurt the impending move these 2 could make basically on the speculation.
A better way would be to have an interim dividend and then go for a final dividend.
As I said if the dividend for 2014 can be matched to last year... then we are talking about a GEM in the making in the years ahead....... Smile

52CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:41 pm

traderathome

sorry guys I am talking about ASIY in the wrong thread ....I like to compare ASIY to CTBL and there is a price mismatch which IMO should get corrected if ASIY can surpass on dividend pay-out, this year.
Its just my GUT feeling, nothing else.  Rolling Eyes 

53CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:05 am

traderathome

We saw CTBL going to 4.5 on low volume buying last week then coming back to CMP....
It seems there are clear indication what some want in the run up to the upcoming financial announcements for the period 31.12.13
IMO both counter such as CTBL should try and make an interim dividend before Awurudu....to keep the investors happy....and balance in Aug/Sep. Smile

Good Luck
TAH

54CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:57 pm

seek

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

This is just a copy paste of some comments that I did in the below thread few months ago.

seek wrote:In general, tea based plantation companies and tea brokering firms should do well in coming months since Sri Lankan firms are now getting a good price from the buyers.  

• Tea export earnings in the first eight months of the year increased by Rs. 10.6 billion year on year (YoY) to Rs. 123.1 billion
• Sri Lanka’s tea export earnings in August increased by Rs. 6.2 billion to Rs. 18.8 billion YoY.
• Tea export volumes increased appreciably by 9.5 million kg. YoY to 31.4 million kg.
• The average tea price in the first eight months of the year increased by Rs. 47.10 to Rs. 599.45 per kg.
• All elevations showed a YoY growth, with Low Growns showing the biggest gain.

Source :- http://www.thesundayleader.lk/2013/10/06/tea-exports-hit-rs-123-bn/

Regarding CTBL,
1. It is in a clear path in terms of revenue growth and market share according to the quantity sold. The market share has grown from 2.5% to 9% over last 7-8 years and revenue has grown to 203 Mn from 116 Mn which is almost 75% during last four years.
2. CTBL has done well in Low Grown segment which is more profitable and currently hold 14% of the market share.
3. Price of a kilo of low grown teas has continuously hit over 490 Rs during last for weeks and on 25-Sep it has hit record figure of 506 Rs.

seek wrote:CTBL last 6 months figures
Profit from operations 13 M (16% improvements from first 6 months of 2012)
Finance income 35 M (70% improvements from first 6 months of 2012)
Profit before taxation 48 M (51% improvements from first 6 months of 2012)
Operational profit is only 27% from total profit.

Under current assets
Loans to tea suppliers 91 M(700% improvements from first 6 months of 2012)

It seems that with the backing of CT holdings, CTBL is acting like a small finance company to small scale tea producers.

CTBL is in a position to report at least 70 cents by the year end 2013/14 and declare dividend of 35 or 40 cents by mid next year.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t31141-is-ctbl-a-good-buy-at-the-moment

55CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:15 pm

seek

Hawk Eye wrote:I have CTBL.  I believe CTBL should have improved performance for this qtr.

Read below article which shows that tea production /Demand & Price improved after August ending the Year on high note. HOPL results proved it,so the tea brokers including CTBL.

Even I may be wrong, But I included it in my PF

http://www.ft.lk/2014/01/02/sri-lanka-tea-review-2013-and-outlook-for-2014/
Sri Lanka Tea Production during the year 2013 could have well reached an all time high of 335 Mnkg(Record production)....Sri Lanka had an extraordinary year, with prices for Ceylon Tea moving on their own and seemingly out-of-sync with the rest of the world.........From August demand increased steadily as channels of supply to key markets improved. The market that was looking for direction during Q2 improved rapidly from early Q3 and remained strong all the way through to the end of 2013....

For me, most encouraging para regarding CTBL in the said article is this.

Outlook 2014
The market for Ceylon Orthodox Leafy Black teas particularly from the Low Grown segment that closed 2013 on a high note will see demand sustained through Q1 2014. Seasonal dry weather during this period could keep Low Grown supply tight. Post the Iran New Year in March and an easing of some consumption during the warmer summer months, there could be a price dip during Q2, but levels would yet be higher than last year due to stronger underlying demand factors and perhaps irregular supply.

CTBL has 14% market share in low-grown segment.

56CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:21 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:I have been watching this  (  not in my portfolio) but last time I checked their NAV was a concern for a longer term  investment. It can change if earning are good.

Sorry I forgot to mention about the low NAV.

Th main concern is,  Trade and Other Receivables comprises 75% of their total assets which is very unusual and alarming for any other company.

This may be due to their business model ; the figure is continuing . Can anybody enlighten us about this ?

57CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:47 am

econ

econ
Global Moderator

There are lot of trading opportunities of this counter if you buy near 4 Rs. I have done several trading on this counter owing to its illiquid nature. When this counter run it can easily go up by 50 cents in no time.

58CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:53 am

Leon

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

I think it is better waiting a bit before jumping into this kind of share. CALF,TWOD,REEF 19 have come down. All those shares good for trading if catch up @ right price.

59CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:59 am

seek

Chinwi wrote:
slstock wrote:I have been watching this  (  not in my portfolio) but last time I checked their NAV was a concern for a longer term  investment. It can change if earning are good.

Sorry I forgot to mention about the low NAV.

Th main concern is,  Trade and Other Receivables comprises 75% of their total assets  which is very unusual and alarming for any other company.

This may be due to their business model ; the figure is continuing . Can anybody enlighten us about this ?

According to the last AR of CTBL, trade and other receivables is 816 M from which 243 M represents trade receivables and 540 M represents advances to tea suppliers. Both of them represent nearly 96% of trade and other receivables. 816M of trade and other receivables is 86 % of total assets (1038 M)

In ASIY case, 662 M of Loans and Advances and 424 M trade debtors represents 70% of total assets. If you take NAV, ASIY is in a better position than CTBL.

I think according to the business model these brokers give considerable amount of advances to their clients (in many cases they are small scale producers) and make finance income out of that.

In terms of finance income, it seems that CTBL has earned more than what ASIY has earned.

60CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:24 am

Backstage

Backstage

Thanks all, very interesting.

61CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:03 pm

jonta999

jonta999

This Q EPS - 0.118

But NAV has increased

62CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty CTBL - Good To Buy Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:41 pm

equityhunter

equityhunter
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Ctbl10

63CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:50 pm

bushra03

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I guess so time to collect at these levels 5.20/5.50
Soon gonna Rock .

64CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:52 pm

bushra03

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_cat=article-details&page=article-details&code_title=174423

65CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:11 am

The Hunter

The Hunter
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Their recent qtr report shows good development with compared to their values in the last year same qtr.Hope we can see a big run with in next 2-3 weeks  Smile Smile Smile

66CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:52 am

equityhunter

equityhunter
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Price of the tea in world market gradually  increasing .So there is a good chance for CTBL to go up.with winter season , there will be a huge demand for tea in Russia , USA Uk and Europe.CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Tea_ma10

67CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:10 pm

bushra03

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I agree bro

68CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Be careful CTBL share Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:34 pm

Randikaayesh123

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

CTBL Rs 10 comming few weeks. Rs 3-Rs 4 buying very good.

69CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:14 pm

roshan1039

What is the reason?

70CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:46 pm

Winner123

Yeah y suddenly?

71CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:29 am

MarketWch

MarketWch

CTBL is a great company and management is good also.i've been reseaching on this company for a long time.This is not a buy signal but company is very transparent and good one.

3.1 to 2.8 is very good buying points(This is only my view dont buy because i posted but research on your own before coming to  a conclusion..cheers )

72CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:59 pm

MarketWch

MarketWch

And another thing is that from profits of every 1kg of tea they get they give for CSR or charity,I believe a management like this is way better for society and also they give .35 divided also..so its nearly 10% dividend yield.....cheers

73CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty CTBL upward curve to 4.30 LKR Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:44 pm

Uaecoindubai

Uaecoindubai
Manager - Equity Analytics

Guys ,new upward curve created trending to bios line. Chances are there to 4.30 LKR

TELLER = UAECOINDUBAI

74CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:06 pm

Teller

Teller

Why CTBL? We should not miss this stock. Required quantities were traded , new support created and bios upward curve to 97.2% means 21% ,price appreciation should be. They have paid dividends regilulary even good and bad time also, based on the trending chart ,im sure its must be touched 4.50 LKR, definitely 4.30 LKR, weighted averages against cash flow and Navps. Buying 3.50 to 3.60 is the best

CTBL DIVIDENDS
2018 /2019 0.35 LkR
2017/2018 0.32 LKR
2016/2017 0.17 LKR
2015/2016 0.15 LKR

Remember, TELLER SAID IS SAID..

75CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:17 pm

Cma

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Good analysis ..suddenly crowded... gradually increasing buying oders... over 1 M trade.... surely it will touch your prediction in shorter period... thanks teller...

76CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:24 pm

Uaecoindubai

Uaecoindubai

CTBL Financials
https://cdn.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/923_1565862563749.pdf%20ctb.pdf
Teller never recommends blindly

77CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:27 pm

hammurabi

hammurabi

Teller wrote:Why CTBL? We should not miss this stock. Required quantities were traded , new support created and bios upward curve to 97.2% means 21% ,price appreciation should be. They have paid dividends regilulary even  good and bad time also, based on the trending chart ,im sure its must be touched  4.50 LKR, definitely 4.30 LKR, weighted averages against cash flow and Navps. Buying 3.50 to 3.60 is the best

CTBL DIVIDENDS
2018 /2019  0.35 LkR
2017/2018 0.32 LKR
2016/2017 0.17 LKR
2015/2016 0.15 LKR

Remember, TELLER SAID IS SAID..

4.3 possible

78CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:28 pm

ipo

ipo
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

whats happening to CTBL these days?

79CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:53 pm

4Corners

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

ipo wrote:whats happening to CTBL these days?
Dear Teller,

Any update on this pls...

80CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000) Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:31 pm

Teller

Teller

Be calm, with or with out policy this will hit above 4, i know the secret.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum