Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Contribute
Submit Post
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

Advertise

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF

Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF Empty Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:47 pm

Sstar

Sstar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Plans are underway for Mahapola Finance the finance company under the purview of Minister Johnston Fernando to takeover George Stewart Finance(GSF). Upon the sale George Stewart Finance will cease to exist. Can anyone guess the Price. It guess cannot be anything more than Rs 30/=.

Johnston is also eying for Asia Asset Finance (AAF) and has given an offer of Rs 1.70.

Attempt to acquire a finance company using Mahapola funds revealed

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/140420/business-times/attempt-to-acquire-a-finance-company-using-mahapola-funds-revealed-92871.html

Financial misappropriation and irregularities allegedly committed in thesetting up of a private company called National Wealth Corporation Ltd in 2003 to manage the funds of Mahapola Scholarship Trust Fund came to light again following a new move of this company to a acquire a finance or leasing company adopting a similar tactic after almost 10 years, informed sources revealed.

This move was not in accordance with the Central Bank’s plan to consolidate Sri Lanka’s financial institutions, a senior government official who wishedto remain anonymous told Business Times.

He said that National Wealth Corporation Ltd and NatWealth Securities Ltd, subsidiaries of NatWealth Group, are negotiating with government authorities to enter into finance and leasing business acquiring a non banking financial institution registered with the Central Bank.

University students too have expressed grave concern about the dangers posed to the Mahapola Scholarship Fund due to this situation and vehemently protesting against it.

They asked as to how this fund management company which was formed in 2003 without a proper approval and knowledge of the authorities by using money allocated for the welfare of university students is going to make a hugeinvestment to acquire a finance company and for what benefits.

A senior government official said that these financial misappropriation issues have not been rectified to date although it had been pointed out in Auditor General’s Report as matters of continuous nature.

The NatWealth Group was set up with the objective of enhancing the returns to the Mahapola Higher Education Scholarship Trust Fund by engaging in various fund and fee based activities.

According to Auditor General’s report 2011, “In terms of the MahapolaHigher Education Scholarship Trust Fund board paper No 39/03 dated 13th May 2002, a private company had been established on 23rd March 2003 with an initial capital contribution of Rs. 200,000,000 with an expectation of fund management to be able to earn higher income by investing the surplus money belonging to the fund in the competitive money market.

However the approval of the minister of finance had not been obtained for the investment in terms of section 82.3 of the Public Enterprises circular No PED / 12 OF 02 June 2003.

The total amount given from the fund to the company as at December 2011 for management was Rs. 5,125,294,995.”

2Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF Empty Re: Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF on Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:02 pm

jonta999

jonta999
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Where is your proof?

It is a finance company but article does not mention GSF or AAF?

As a mod u should not circulate false rumours

3Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF Empty Re: Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF on Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:10 pm

Sstar

Sstar
@jonta999 wrote:Where is your proof?

You are a frog inside the well and you wouldn't know whats going on outside. First get out of the well and then you will be enlighten.

4Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF Empty Re: Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF on Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:23 pm

jonta999

jonta999
haha how the power of Sstar.

I just said to prove it.

5Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF Empty Re: Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF on Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:30 pm

Sstar

Sstar
@jonta999 wrote:haha how the power of Sstar.
I just said to prove it.

Call Dilith and ask him! Do you want his mobile number??

6Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF Empty Re: Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF on Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:32 pm

jonta999

jonta999
You are the one who is promoting this share ne.. So call him and get a voice cut and post it here.

He'll give you some commission. Don't worry

7Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF Empty Re: Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF on Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:36 pm

Sstar

Sstar
@jonta999 wrote:You are the one who is promoting this share ne.. So call him and get a voice cut and post it here.

He'll give you some commission. Don't worry

I don't need to promote anything in this forum. You have seen my portfolio, but you are still hiding yours. I am just telling the rumor before it turns into an announcement. So that members can take a well informed decision. You are a matured enough Boy! So you can take your own decision. Commission will help you more than me.

8Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF Empty Re: Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF on Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:41 pm

jonta999

jonta999
Yeah I'm a matured boy and if you come here I'll show my maturity.

9Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF Empty Re: Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:42 pm

Shanaka Pathirana

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
aaa

Last edited by Shanaka Pathirana on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF Empty Re: Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:43 pm

Shanaka Pathirana

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
[quote="Shanaka Pathirana"]

Last edited by Shanaka Pathirana on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

11Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF Empty Re: Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:44 pm

Shanaka Pathirana

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@Shanaka Pathirana wrote:

I believe its AAF and not GSF.... AAF has already found a foreign investor,  but NATWEALTH has quoted a higher price. Anyway this is absurd... How come NATWEALTH do such a transaction???  it is highly unethical to use funds available for innocent UNI students. The return for such investment will be gained on the long run. I guess the investment would be around 1Bn and the payback period for such investment would be 10-15 years....

12Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF Empty Re: Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF on Thu May 01, 2014 2:14 am

rdk2874

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

I believe its AAF and not GSF.... AAF has already found a foreign investor,  but NATWEALTH has quoted a higher price. Anyway this is absurd... How come NATWEALTH do such a transaction???  it is highly unethical to use funds available for innocent UNI students. The return for such investment will be gained on the long run. I guess the investment would be around 1Bn and the payback period for such investment would be 10-15 years....

hello

could you tell me what is your expectation on aaf. i have bought at 2.4 and been holding for quite some time 30000 shares.

what would be the price of the deal and what is your expected price.

thanks

13Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF Empty Re: Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF on Thu May 01, 2014 5:29 am

Octopus

Octopus
Expert
Expert

first time I heard time i heard about this stock. this must be a promotion for me.

14Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF Empty Re: Jonny's Mahapola Finance to takeover GSF on Fri May 02, 2014 11:59 am

D.G.Dayaratne

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Intelligent people know who Jonney is

Very dangerous situation if correct

If you take past records most probably correct news

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum