Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Contribute
Submit Post

Latest topics

» Undervalued Stocks
by kasun_gimhana Today at 1:06 am

» OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC (OSEA.N000)
by KavinduTM Yesterday at 11:08 pm

» MANUFACTURING OF PORCEIAIN MOSATC TTLES FOR EXPORT MARKET
by engineer Yesterday at 10:17 pm

» Dhammika Perera Aquire ALUF @23 Now at 50%Discount
by engineer Yesterday at 7:36 pm

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by NANDANA2012 Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Shares to Buy
by hammurabi Yesterday at 2:10 pm

» Recognize TRENDS
by target1 Yesterday at 12:57 pm

» LANKA ORIX LEASING COMPANY PLC
by Beta1 Yesterday at 10:59 am

» EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000)
by Winner123 Yesterday at 10:51 am

» Sri Lanka facilitating first US$400mn investment at Port City: Cabraal
by ipo Yesterday at 9:34 am

» POSITIVE ECONOMIC & POLITICAL STABILITY
by Kipling Yesterday at 9:30 am

» COLO and DOCK Moving to 100
by Jay-Jay Yesterday at 9:00 am

» CITRUS LEISURE PLC (REEF.N0000)
by Hope123 Yesterday at 7:30 am

» Saudi Aramco shares surge 10% first day of trading
by Teller Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:39 pm

» Sri Lanka interest rates should go down, currency will not fall: Mark Mobius
by NANDANA2012 Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:03 pm

» C M HOLDINGS PLC (COLO.N0000)
by Jay-Jay Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:41 pm

» Investment Advice
by KavinduTM Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:38 pm

» John Keells Holdings drags down Sri Lanka stocks
by KavinduTM Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:42 pm

» EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC (EMER.N0000)
by ThilinaM Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:39 pm

» E-CHANNELLING PLC (ECL.N0000)
by engineer Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:23 pm

» Some FB friends asking what is the best broker and what is the best amount to invest
by ThilinaM Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:13 am

POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

Advertise

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » Expert Chamber » Touchwood Case Review

Touchwood Case Review

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 20]

181Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Lord Toad


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@zenobia wrote:a rumour is not a proof
a statement is not a fact

within the past couple of days i have seen two threads involving complaints about toucwood without a single piece of information to back the accusations made. the threads have started by forum members who have registered just before posting the thread.
to admins and moderators, kindly evaluate these postings and remove them if they were published to mislead those who read them.
thanks

You are right - you should wonder why suddenly there are a group of group of new members who are interested in touchwood!

I could supply proof of the problems and indeed in due course will do but at the moment I am hoping that the management of Touchwood get their act together and answer some fundamental questions. If you want proof pm me and I will provide it!

182Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:27 pm

Slstock


Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
We have seen Melstacorp representative commenting and clarifyign here. Which is great.

I hope someone from TWOD also comes and clarifies these doubts/questions for the betterment of the company.

183Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:45 am

Kay2


Stock Trader
@dinga wrote:G'day

I am an investor, via Touchwood Asia, in bamboo and agarwood trees in Thailand.

Seems the company has closed its office in Bangkok without any notification to investors. I should by now have been paid a modest amount for the 2012 bamboo harvest but am still waiting.

Emails and telephone enquiries to the Colombo HQ remain unanswered. I am told the separate company that maintains the plantations is still operating but frankly my pessimistic side wonders if this will continue given the very bad signals and silence from Touchwood Asia.

Am very concerned about my investments. Appreciate any insights about what is, or may be, happening with Touchwood?

Hi,

You should contact Touchwood local office on 0094117444888, As far i know Touchwood Asia is still very much operational and i have verified this from the local office and also via my contacts in Thailand. I am sure there is a valid explanation to your concern and doubts, at this point the right thing to do is to contact the local office. Clearly posting comments is not helping. Get it off the horses mouth.

Thanks

184Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:57 am

Lord Toad


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
[quote="Kay2"]
@dinga wrote:G'day

Hi,

You should contact Touchwood local office on 0094117444888, As far i know Touchwood Asia is still very much operational and i have verified this from the local office and also via my contacts in Thailand. I am sure there is a valid explanation to your concern and doubts, at this point the right thing to do is to contact the local office. Clearly posting comments is not helping. Get it off the horses mouth.

Thanks

I am sure you are right. But it would help if Touchwood management actually clarified what is happening and how harvest returns will now be paid.

It would help if they answered their emails. I have sent 3 in the last month without one response.

The only reason people are posting here is because they are getting no response and the rumour mill (in Bangkok) is rife with bad news - of course rumours are just that but it is the job of Touchwood management to counter them.

185Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:46 pm

chas


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
[quote="Lord Toad"]
@Kay2 wrote:
@dinga wrote:G'day

Hi,

You should contact Touchwood local office on 0094117444888, As far i know Touchwood Asia is still very much operational and i have verified this from the local office and also via my contacts in Thailand. I am sure there is a valid explanation to your concern and doubts, at this point the right thing to do is to contact the local office. Clearly posting comments is not helping. Get it off the horses mouth.

Thanks

I am sure you are right. But it would help if Touchwood management actually clarified what is happening and how harvest returns will now be paid.

It would help if they answered their emails. I have sent 3 in the last month without one response.

The only reason people are posting here is because they are getting no response and the rumour mill (in Bangkok) is rife with bad news - of course rumours are just that but it is the job of Touchwood management to counter them.

I am an investor with Touchwood and can confirm that the office in Bangkok is closed as is the Hong Kong office. There are many clients who have not been paid their returns. There are a number of clients who are now considering litigation as the only solution. This is of course very sad, however, Touchwood are refusing to acknowledge emails or give its clients answers.

I have not been paid my harvest returns for 2011 and have not been able to get confirmation of when or even if I will be paid for 2011 and 2012's payment is now due.

Why have so many directors resigned recently? at least two directors recently resigned after being on the board for only a few months.
These are not rumours and its important that the facts are brought to the publics attention.

186Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:03 pm

traderathome

traderathome
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
why TW reps are not here to explain these allegations.... Rolling Eyes

187Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Jiggysaurus

Jiggysaurus
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@traderathome wrote:why TW reps are not here to explain these allegations.... Rolling Eyes

Baloney's gardener has still not been appointed as the Head of PR yet.

Wife is the CEO
Cook is probably the CFO
Driver is probably the COO
Still Gardener not appointed as PR head

Qualified people like Rienzie and even partly qualified people like LOLC take a look at this company and runaway, Baloney appoints his wife to run a publicly listed company. Any surprise that there are so many negative accusations about this company.

188Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:54 pm

traderathome

traderathome
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Jiggysaurus wrote:
@traderathome wrote:why TW reps are not here to explain these allegations.... Rolling Eyes

Baloney's gardener has still not been appointed as the Head of PR yet.

Wife is the CEO
Cook is probably the CFO
Driver is probably the COO
Still Gardener not appointed as PR head

Qualified people like Rienzie and even partly qualified people like LOLC take a look at this company and runaway, Baloney appoints his wife to run a publicly listed company. Any surprise that there are so many negative accusations about this company.
rabbit

189Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:20 pm

chas


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
@traderathome wrote:
@Jiggysaurus wrote:
@traderathome wrote:why TW reps are not here to explain these allegations.... Rolling Eyes

Baloney's gardener has still not been appointed as the Head of PR yet.

Wife is the CEO
Cook is probably the CFO
Driver is probably the COO
Still Gardener not appointed as PR head

Qualified people like Rienzie and even partly qualified people like LOLC take a look at this company and runaway, Baloney appoints his wife to run a publicly listed company. Any surprise that there are so many negative accusations about this company.
rabbit

It should be the SL stock exchange that investigates Touchwood to check why it is not fullfilling its obligations to investors. They should also check the latest 'offering' which appears to be a private debenture from one company secured against sandalwood of another.

By the way this isn't TW bashing, its concerned investors who want something done to get their investments back. This includes, agarwood, bamboo & no one has mentioned jatropha ...

190Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:47 pm

chas


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
i found this on nation.lk website beginning of November 2012

Resignations
.....Two directors of Touchwood Investments PLC M Simmons and M Scorer resigned from their positions last week.

Apparently they were only appointed to the board a few months earlier...does that not seem strange in the light of current revelations of non payment of investor returns, perhaps they found out something that they didn't like about TW?

191Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:01 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Nobody has provided the much needed evidence to second their claims.. so this thread will be locked from now on..

We should not be wasting time scolding companies and their mgt if we cannot prove anything.. Its a waste of everyone's time..

I also see ppl are opening accounts just to join the campaign..

If any of u have proper evidence of not being paid the promised amts or any official statements received regarding this from TWOD, pls pm me or open a new thread..

Mind you, if any more threads are opened without evidence, all those will be deleted.

192Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:31 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
The thread has been reopened due to some documented evidence have been provided to admins regarding the payments from certain individuals. In those letter they've addressed their issues with TWOD management which we think the right thing to do.
We've however, not been provided with letters sent by TWOD regarding the same. Perhaps the company has never provided any letters too.

I would stress it out the thread has been re-opened to discuss the case but no mud slinging should occur at any case. TWOD is also a listed company and in this case might have been notorious and unreasonable but we have to encircle our points with valid backgrounds.

Any further discussions and points are welcome..

193Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:06 am

Lord Toad


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Thanks you for reopening the thread - there are some clear issues which investor should know about.

I will copy future mails to toucwhood to smallville

I will also email touchwood and ask them to respond to the points here,

194Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:53 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

We re-opened the thread as Chas provided some proof. But please do not post any legal matters/documents or any irrational mud slings on the forum.

AS Lord Toad said you can ask TWOD rep to answer any concern on the forum if they are willing.

As there seems to be several concerns with members these days I hope TWOD rep comes here and claifies these. Keeping quite will only add more fire if true/false rumours start spreading.



@Lord Toad wrote:Thanks you for reopening the thread - there are some clear issues which investor should know about.

I will copy future mails to toucwhood to smallville

I will also email touchwood and ask them to respond to the points here,

195Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:09 pm

trendfollower


Stock Trader
I am an investor on Touchwood agarwood in Hong Kong.

Can Chas or other Touchwood clients in Thailand update the situation at your side?

Please PM me and leave your emails for keeping in contact (as I can't PM you cos' of my low points).
Thanks.

196Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:44 pm

Whitebull


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
I do not know whether these accusations are true or false but constant silence from Touchwood can worry a genuine invester.
On the otherhand this reminds me the value of looking in to fundamentals and progress of a company before investing on it. Most of the so called traders tend to ignore these things but oneday they might burn their hands without hope of any recovery.

197Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:09 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
We dont oppose using pms so when sensible information is shared, dont put those in threads.. All of u can use pm facility to talk to each other, so use it..

Lay down here the points being discussed with TWOD or among other members without any identities.. This is for the protection of members hence all of you would cope..

198Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:56 pm

kuk83

kuk83
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

abeyesekera


Stock Trader
.
@traderathome wrote:we are seeing some strange emails lately...guys where were you......all this time...just joining to post ....show us the proof .........its not right just to complain w/o valid proof that you have invested and your calls were unanswered.

to keep it short and simple....please show...

firstly any documents indicating you are a genuine investor of the company...
secondly prove to the forum members that your payment is now due...
thirdly your reminders such as emails sent to the concerned company....
finally snapshot of the that company office that is closed.....

i am not a spokesperson for the company...but to be fair you need to back up with some concrete proof to see for all of us.....to know your concerns are real......

no offense.......

200Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:12 pm

Lord Toad


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
I wanted to send PMs to all the frustrated investors but I have not enough posts. I have asked for that to be fixed.
However I am in contact with some large scale investors and we believe there is little option but to take positive action (legal).
If you are an investor and would like to be kept informed of what is happening please sign up on this link http://ymlp.com/xgjqusbmgmgj

201Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:30 pm

Fresher


Moderator
Moderator
@Lord Toad wrote:I wanted to send PMs to all the frustrated investors but I have not enough posts. I have asked for that to be fixed.
However I am in contact with some large scale investors and we believe there is little option but to take positive action (legal).
If you are an investor and would like to be kept informed of what is happening please sign up on this link http://ymlp.com/xgjqusbmgmgj

you need at least 10 posts in the forum to be able to send PMs

202Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:26 pm

Lord Toad


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
npp wrote:
@Lord Toad wrote:I wanted to send PMs to all the frustrated investors but I have not enough posts. I have asked for that to be fixed.
However I am in contact with some large scale investors and we believe there is little option but to take positive action (legal).
If you are an investor and would like to be kept informed of what is happening please sign up on this link http://ymlp.com/xgjqusbmgmgj

you need at least 10 posts in the forum to be able to send PMs

Thanks - it looks like I will have to be more verbose

203Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:35 am

Lord Toad


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Just being as threatened

204Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:39 am

Lord Toad


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
If you are an investor and would like to be kept informed of what is happening please sign up on this link [url= http://ymlp.com/xgjqusbmgmgj[url][/url]] http://ymlp.com/xgjqusbmgmgj[url][/url][/url]

205Touchwood Case Review  - Page 10 Empty Re: Touchwood Case Review on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:19 am

sureshot


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
lord its only 10 post .you can do it Very Happy

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum