FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Technical Analytics & Charts (3)

+52
OzTRADER
CARACALLA
MasterBlaster
Gainer
suku502
piras
SporeInvestor
fireshelter
goldenboy
fff4sl
buddhika.naween
sashimaal
NZ BOY
kj18
D.G.Dayaratne
Akalanka
m2_yapa
jonny
indi009
ruwa
stocker
MARKETWATCH2
RPPA
zoozzoo
schemer
Octopus
rmark
dow
Dr Stock
gamini4413992
CSE1
aero
barba
wmdcf
econ
Pethi
Nitro 7
dineshfernando
sampath.anuradha
NC
Vptilak
K7
lasantha11111
VALUEPICK
geshan.weerakkody
RoomGirl
IO3+O
HoldandFold
Santa
Luqmaans azam
Eng Krishantha
SHARK aka TAH
56 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 19]

126Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:52 am

dow

Manager - Equity Analytics

aero wrote:
aero wrote:I think technically  RWSL got bullish... Cool whats ur  views..?
another one is CSD..BUT depend on the market behavior8) Cool  
nice cheers

127Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:38 pm

SHARK aka TAH

Expert
Expert

Anyone facing any issues with DFN charts Shocked

128Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:43 pm

NC

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

SHARK aka TAH wrote:Anyone facing any issues with DFN charts Shocked
yeah..yeah.. wts up ??

129Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:57 pm

rmark

SHARK aka TAH wrote:Anyone facing any issues with DFN charts Shocked
I am also facing the same difficulty.

130Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:02 pm

SHARK aka TAH

Expert
Expert

what is this glitch Laughing

131Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:57 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Sri Lankan stocks fell for the second straight session on Thursday as investors booked profits, but stockbrokers expect the market to continue its gaining streak due to persistent foreign buying, lower interest rates, and positive economic outlook.

The main stock index (CSE) ended down 0.3 per cent, or 21.45 points, at 7,232.98, further slipping from its over three-year high close hit on Tuesday. It has gained in six of the last eight sessions till Thursday.

The Sri Lankan rupee ended weaker on Thursday due to importer dollar demand, even as dealers turned cautious on the currency's outlook after the country's central bank limited commercial banks' access to the standing deposit facility or the repo window.

The spot currency (LKR) ended at 130.35/40 per dollar, weaker from Wednesday's close of 130.32/35.
"Stock market is down on correction as it has been going up for the last few months. A correction is warranted," said Reshan Kurukulasuriya, COO of Richard Pieris Securities.

"Market will start moving up with all the positive factors," he said referring to lower interest rates, positive economic outlook, and continued foreign buying.

Shares of Sri Lanka Telecom, which led the overall fall, ended 2.44 per cent weaker at 51.9 rupees, while Heyleys lost 3.53 per cent at 352.10 rupees.

Shares in biggest listed lender Commercial Bank of Ceylon fell 1.07 per cent to 157.20 rupees.

The day's turnover was 1.19 billion rupees ($9.13 million), less than this year's daily average of over 1.28 billion rupees.(Reuters)

132Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:00 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Foreign banks in SL urged to support Strategic Hubs initiative

Larger foreign banks operating in Sri Lanka are expected to further strengthen operations and display greater enthusiasm in private banking, off-shore banking, infrastructure financing, and support the Strategic Hubs identified in the government’s development initiative, C.J.P. Siriwardana, Assistant Governor, Central Bank of Ceylon said.

Siriwardana said so delivering the 64th anniversary oration of the Central Bank titled, "Financial Sector Consolidation; Why and How" at the CB auditorium, Colombo, Wednesday.

Commenting on the two large state commercial banks, Siriwardana said the Bank of Ceylon and the People’s Bank have to contribute more towards building a strong and dynamic banking sector.

"With this view in mind, the Bank of Ceylon and the People’s Bank are encouraged to operate with higher levels of capital and conduct private banking on a wider scale while strengthening their off-shore banking operations, he said.

"The state banks need to grow and expand towards a stronger regional presence. We have encouraged the National Savings Bank to broad-base their banking activities to contribute to the economy on a larger scale.

"Pradeshiya Sanwardana Bank (the regional bank of the country) is encouraged to serve the niche market of microfinance targeting inclusive growth in the provinces. Other smaller state-owned banks are encouraged to merge with bigger state banks or with one another, and play a more cohesive role because these banks account for just around 1% of the market share.

"One of the objectives of the consolidation plan is to fashion out a non-banking financial institutions (NBFIs) sector that comprises of a smaller number of strong NBFIs which are fully compliant with the Central Bank’s regulatory framework.

"On completion of the consolidation, we expect about 20 standalone NBFIs of which at least three would specialize in microfinance business, and each NBFI would own an asset base over Rs. 20 billion by 2016.

Referring to the Capital Enhancement Plan of the Central Bank Siriwardana said, "The Central Bank will increase the entry capital requirement for new banks incorporated in Sri Lanka from its current level of Rs. 5 billion to Rs. 10 billion , commencing 2016.

"We are now in the middle of the consolidation programme and the CB intends to complete it by end March 2015. However, considering the complexity of the merger and acquisition models of some companies, flexibility would be granted on a case by case basis to ensure smooth transition,he said.

133Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:01 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

US Trade Show kicks off on Monday

The local business community will be able to interact with a large number of leading US companies, with a top trade show gearing up to take place on 29 September in Colombo.
Jointly organised by the US Embassy and the American Chamber of Commerce Sri Lanka (AMCHAM), the trade show will be held on Monday from 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Hilton Residences.
Showcasing products and services with creative informative stalls will be 25 top notch companies, of which the majority are from the US.
Participating companies are Infotech, 3M, Coca-Cola, Motorola, Commercial Link, East-West Foods (imported US beef), Virtusa, Discovery/Sunbrella, US Cotton Council, Washington Apples, FedEx, Dupont, SunPower Systems, Proctor & Gamble, AmEx/MacKinnons, GVR Lanka, Envoy Facility Management, Aitken Spence Travels, Regnis Holdings, Abans and Falk Emergency Services.
It is the second trade show of this nature to take place in two years.
With Sri Lanka currently having a large surplus with the US, Economic and Commercial Counsellor Allison Areias-Vogel said this is an area the Embassy is attempting to address but is looking for ways to ensure the solutions are ‘win-win’ for both the countries.
“We are trying very much to connect our companies to Sri Lankan companies. I must stress that the local private sector has a long history of working with the US and have a very good reputation. There are visionary companies here that are very supportive, and are terrific partners for US companies,” she said.
She noted that in this context, the trade show aims to help further strengthen existing economic ties between the two countries.
While the show is also expected to provide an opportunity for businesses to promote their products and services, it also serves as a platform for new businesses to emerge through the networking facility on offer.
Commenting on the significance of the event, AMCHAM President Suren Rajanathan noted the show is an opportunity for areas of joint cooperation to emerge and for US companies to explore the possibilities of investing in Sri Lanka. “The show will act as a common platform for both US companies and local companies doing business with the US to explore mutual trade and investment opportunities,” he said.

134Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:11 pm

Octopus

Octopus
Expert
Expert

Thank you

135Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:35 pm

NC

NC

SHARK aka TAH wrote:This is my Harmonic Price Pattern LIOC Very Happy
Drew it with different colours.....

Looking like a Gartley Bearish towards 48Rs

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The closing price of this week disappointing.. Another way of looking of twin brothers ..
However, I think Closing above 46, will have a positive look...  Very Happy

136Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:24 pm

Dr Stock

Dr Stock
Co-Admin

SHARK aka TAH wrote:This is my Missed UML trade Sad

Waited for the 95 pullback. did not occur.

It seems you are going to get a second chance....

137Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:15 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

My Charts on DFN not working Sad

138Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:09 pm

NC

NC

SHARK aka TAH wrote:My Charts on DFN not working Sad
Shark, mine is still not working in, by searching in default way through "Securities search box" (in left side).
But I tried and I could open charts on the following way; go through|
1.File (left top corner)
2. New
3. Chart
4. type the symbol in "Symbol search box" (look and keep correct the type, exchange & market)
5. click OK

Hope this will work if you've the same error of mine..

139Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:24 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Thanks .....
I am having same problem as yours Very Happy

140Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:50 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

141Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:13 am

Dr Stock

Dr Stock
Co-Admin

I got the same problem with DFN.
i use the method NC explained.
I thought it was my computer problem.
seems like DFN problem.
By the way shark , R u using any other software like Amibroker ?
Thanks !

142Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:43 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

No I am not using amibroker anymore, its a hassle to compile EOD data

143Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:53 pm

schemer

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

SHARK aka TAH wrote:No I am not using amibroker anymore, its a hassle to compile EOD data
I don't know why cse does not upgrade its system  to host eod data so that anyone can download eod and historical eod data in metastock format from cse web.if they can do ,it will be beneficial everyone and to cse aswell.
can we as a group request cse thru this forum to arrange that facility?

Last edited by schemer on Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

144Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:55 pm

NC

NC

schemer wrote:
SHARK aka TAH wrote:No I am not using amibroker anymore, its a hassle to compile EOD data
do you know why cse does not upgrade its system  to host eod data so that anyone can download eod and historical eod data in metastock format from cse web.if they can do ,it will be beneficial everyone and to cse aswell.
Thats true... Very Happy

145Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:01 pm

zoozzoo

NC wrote:
SHARK aka TAH wrote:My Charts on DFN not working Sad
Shark, mine is still not working in, by searching in default way through "Securities search box" (in left side).
But I tried and I could open charts on the following way; go through|
1.File (left top corner)
2. New
3. Chart
4. type the symbol in "Symbol search box" (look and keep correct the type, exchange & market)
5. click OK

Hope this will work if you've the same error of mine..

i was having same, now it's working. Cool

146Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:12 pm

Dr Stock

Dr Stock
Co-Admin

schemer wrote:
I don't know why cse does not upgrade its system  to host eod data so that anyone can download eod and historical eod data in metastock format from cse web.if they can do ,it will be beneficial everyone and to cse aswell.

Aren't there anything other than Amibroker n DFN ?
The problem i face with DFN is you cant get space in left
When we draw a price channel or traingle we cant see the lines ahead from today.
So prediction is difficult.

147Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:04 pm

zoozzoo

Dr Stock wrote:
schemer wrote:

When we draw a price channel or traingle we cant see the lines ahead from today.

if you are talking about this, then no need to worry about anything there is an option on DFN, tools>options>chart settings>right margin

148Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:04 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

TJL forming a Symetrical .... Better to wait for the break-out

149Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:31 pm

RPPA

Expert
Expert

Break out will not be there unless their bottom line improves better than the 2013 Q2 & 2014 Q1 PROFITS.

150Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:18 am

NC

NC

zoozzoo wrote:
Dr Stock wrote:
schemer wrote:

if you are talking about this, then no need to worry about anything there is an option on DFN, tools>options>chart settings>right margin

Damn bro.... !!! Very Happy Thanx 100 times !!!
We need actually to exploit its all advantages. Recently, I'm trying to write a pivot indicator for DFN. I think "Roboticfx" is digging it. And if we able to write a harmonic pattern indicator or such formula for trend reversals, we can use the scan option, so we can scan every counter within couple of minutes and easily identify them in advance. Very Happy so, we can collect more bugs for our folio. Very Happy  cheers
+ rep from me

I'm trying to automate decision making in DFN, with less human intervention.. Very Happy hope we can do it, in near future... cheers

151Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:01 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Thanks NC & Robo Very Happy

Million Thanks

152Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:02 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

This is my video on OSEA.N

Hope you like it.

Summary:
Target 27.8-28
Longterm Target 32+
Possible Pullback to 25.50-25

153Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:05 am

MARKETWATCH2

Million thanks. pivot indicator is a good one.

154Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:04 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

must Thanks NC Dr Stock & Others for bringing SLEF to another greater heights ..... And we are seeing a better more disciplined forum ......

There are other members in the forum too contributing in whatever possible way ..... appreciate .... all the contributions ....

I am seeing a silver lining in the making with more focused group and glad members picking fundamentally solid shares with technical entries ......

Lets hope this quarter results bring better results cheers

155Technical Analytics & Charts (3) - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (3) Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:52 pm

Nitro 7

Mr Shark,
How about a ASI update now.
Thanks a lot !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum