FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TIME TO CALL SLT ?
by sureshot Today at 7:42 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Yesterday at 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by blindhog Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:44 am

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

» KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000)
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:04 pm

» ARPICO INSURANCE PLC - Reports LKR 625mn loss for the FY2023
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:58 pm

» EXTERMINATORS PLC (EXT.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:59 am

» ALLIANCE FINANCE COMPANY PLC (ALLI.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:29 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:50 pm

» PINS (People's Insurance) will be another UAL
by sakuni Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:22 pm

» A New Record Price for One Tonne of Cocoa on the International Market
by ResearchMan Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:03 pm

» Access Engineering awarded two more contract packages at Colombo Port
by samansilva Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:05 pm

» FMCG Sector LMF, MEL and DIST
by buwr Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 am

» CEYLON GUARDIAN INVESTMENT TRUST PLC (GUAR)
by soileconomy Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:00 am

» RWSL - WATCH
by sureshot Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:39 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Technical Analytics & Charts (2)

+76
ShiraBoy
Nitro 7
fireshelter
sampath.anuradha
Gainer
WWE
Santa
iham77
dougieboy
D.G.Dayaratne
Gintonic
sbw
kingraj1
PriyanDV
RayR
Ben Graham
Runnerx
barba
Eng Krishantha
NC
Quibit
lux2014
RoomGirl
shadow walker
rdk2874
dineshfernando
CANDYBOY
NZ BOY
geshan.weerakkody
stevenapple
FLOWER2
gagamini
jonny
Sstar
Meman
LankanInvestor
VALUEPICK
SHARK aka TAH
sashimaal
serene
K.Haputantri
nimantha80
Jiggysaurus
seek
prabath
pathfinder
sandunj
yellow knife
UAEBOY
nkuda
dhanurrox
balapas
wave trader
nihal123
Fresher
The Alchemist
NUINTH
wellappili
chamith
Redbulls
Backstage
dudi
stockmania
sikka89
yaka
Leon
besthope
dilshan unawatuna
LSE
sahan8896
Arena
hairai
m2_yapa
smallville
Slstock
traderathome
80 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 40]

976Technical Analytics & Charts (2) - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (2) Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:37 am

SHARK aka TAH

Expert
Expert

Indian Oil Corp - already broke 52week high ....will IOC do it today or friday Very Happy

http://www.moneycontrol.com/stock-charts/indianoilcorporation/charts/IOC#IOC

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

977Technical Analytics & Charts (2) - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (2) Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:39 am

SHARK aka TAH

Expert
Expert

How will Diesel Deregulation affect Srilanka & Oil Companies ....

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/energy/oil-gas/oil-ministry-to-seek-cabinet-nod-on-diesel-deregulation/articleshow/40926074.cms

978Technical Analytics & Charts (2) - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (2) Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:42 am

SHARK aka TAH

Expert
Expert

Mumbai: As diesel loss touched an all-time low of just 8 paise as of Monday, due to staggered deregulation which began in September 2012, analysts have called for giving oil marketers a free hand to decide diesel prices, since this would be credit positive for oil marketing companies (OMCs).

"Now is the right time for the government to decontrol diesel price and allow oil marketing companies to price diesel according to global rates. This will help the government achieve its fiscal consolidation targets," India Ratings said in a note issued in Mumbai on Monday.

On September 14, 2012 the UPA government had hiked diesel price by Rs. 5 per litre and thereafter OMCs were allowed to increase it by around 50 paise every month.

Meanwhile, domestic rating agency Icra said that diesel prices reaching market prices is credit positive for the petroleum sector.

"We believe a decision on full diesel price deregulation could potentially be a credit positive for the petroleum sector, which could send positive signals to investors. Also, deregulation could stimulate entry of private sector into diesel retailing, bringing much-needed competition in the sector," Icra said.

According to the domestic rating agency, if lower crude prices remain for the rest of FY15, under-recoveries would fall to around Rs. 90,000 crore and those on diesel would fall to almost one-fourth, to Rs. 15,000 crore this fiscal year from Rs. 62,800 crore in FY14.

India Ratings said that the staggered diesel price hike along with declining global crude prices and a rupee rally helped reduce the diesel under recovery to a record low of 8 paise a litre as of Monday.

On September 14, 2012, crude oil was trading at $113.64 bbl, and the rupee at 55.47 to the dollar and under recovery at Rs. 13.86 per litre, taking total daily under recovery of OMCs at Rs. 498 crore, India Ratings said.

Icra said that between September 2012 and the second fortnight of May 2013, the rupee remained stable but crude price slipped to $101.07 per bbl.

However, a sharp fall of the rupee in June-August 2013, increased both diesel under-recovery and total daily loss to Rs. 12.12 per litre and Rs. 486 crore respectively, Icra said.

This staggered diesel price hike not only limited the impact on inflation, but also brought down total loss to Rs. 1,39,869 crore in FY14, from Rs. 1,61,029 crore in FY13, India Ratings said.

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/corporates/article-with-diesel-loss-at-historic-low-analysts-see-oil-marketing-firms-upgrade-657574

Very Happy

979Technical Analytics & Charts (2) - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (2) Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:45 am

SHARK aka TAH

Expert
Expert

All LIOC lovers be ready for the next move ...... once the price mechanism is in place .... PA or UNP will do this soon to free up the burden Very Happy

Super Star this is for your information ..... Very Happy

980Technical Analytics & Charts (2) - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (2) Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:04 pm

SHARK aka TAH

Expert
Expert

SHARK wrote:All LIOC lovers be ready for the next move ...... once the price mechanism is in place .... PA or UNP will do this soon to free up the burden Very Happy

Super Star this is for your information ..... Very Happy

How about writing few +/- for LIOC

+ Are
Consumption to Grow due to rapid development in infrastructure
Public Transport to expand in at rapid phase.
Posibility of Ceypetco to be managed by LIOC on and mgmt fee income or revenue share.
Shipping Hub development with Hambantota port expansion, and Oil Bunkering to increase for vessels passing off Hambantota.
Price Mechanism to be developed sooner after elections, with Diesel prices at LOW, so people will not feel the pinch.

Anybody can add more

981Technical Analytics & Charts (2) - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (2) Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:08 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Venturing into other foreign Markets as stated in their AR 2013/2014 Very Happy
Maldives,Vietnam, Indonesia...

I think i posted it some where .... Very Happy in an LIOC thread....

endless opportunities...

982Technical Analytics & Charts (2) - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (2) Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:27 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

This is the Country I am Working happily .... and Proud to be here...

983Technical Analytics & Charts (2) - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (2) Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:29 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

984Technical Analytics & Charts (2) - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (2) Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:33 pm

MARKETWATCH2

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Too extravagant. Poverty is one of the main causes for Middle East uprising. Just recovering after Property market crash.

985Technical Analytics & Charts (2) - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (2) Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:16 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

MaRa & Family spending too much in the company of Mid East Friends ..... Very Happy So he is learning by observing.

986Technical Analytics & Charts (2) - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (2) Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:45 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Have not done a youtube video or a chart on S&P20. damn... i have missed that with all the due respect ....... and how its possible.

i need to do a cross ref. to my previous S&P chart posted and the current

i hope i will have time today....

SHARK

987Technical Analytics & Charts (2) - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (2) Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:01 pm

Nitro 7

Hi Shark,

What is your target for LGL?

988Technical Analytics & Charts (2) - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (2) Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:50 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

989Technical Analytics & Charts (2) - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (2) Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:24 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

I will try and post the NEST Chart and a Video if time permits tonight Very Happy

990Technical Analytics & Charts (2) - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (2) Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:10 pm

geshan.weerakkody

geshan.weerakkody
Manager - Equity Analytics

Great! Looking forward to it.

By the way, does anyone want to accept my challenge - where i have said NEST will touch Rs 3800-4000 levels within 2 years (already about 1 month gone)? May or mat not sustain if it happens at the latter stages of the 2 years, but will get to those levels with big quantities traded. Could happen earlier than 2 years actually.

SHARK wrote:I will try and post the NEST Chart and a Video if time permits tonight Very Happy

991Technical Analytics & Charts (2) - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (2) Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:24 am

Eng Krishantha

Eng Krishantha
Expert
Expert

SHARK wrote:

Shark,
Thanks...

992Technical Analytics & Charts (2) - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (2) Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:23 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

geshan.weerakkody wrote:Great! Looking forward to it.

By the way, does anyone want to accept my challenge - where i have said NEST will touch Rs 3800-4000 levels within 2 years (already about 1 month gone)? May or mat not sustain if it happens at the latter stages of the 2 years, but will get to those levels with big quantities traded. Could happen earlier than 2 years actually.

SHARK wrote:I will try and post the NEST Chart and a Video if time permits tonight Very Happy
Its possible in a way, as long as 1800 is not broken. Cool

993Technical Analytics & Charts (2) - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (2) Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:24 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Nitro 7 wrote:Hi Shark,

What is your target for LGL?
Min 50Rs Cool

994Technical Analytics & Charts (2) - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (2) Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:52 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

The awesome power of parental love

By Lionel Wijesiri

Kaushalya is a graduate in Marketing Studies and working as a corporate PR Manager. Her mother died a few weeks ago. Back at home after the funeral activities, she talked about her mother and related a personal life incident.

“I was just six years old when this incident occured. My mother was an ardent collector of antiques, especially vases. She had a much-cherished vase once owned by her great-grandmother. It was inside a small display case. Her mother loved that vase and frequently referred to it as the family treasure. At that time I was an accident-prone child. One day while running up and down the living room, I accidentally knocked over the display case. The vase hit the floor with a loud crash and shattered into pieces. I was shocked and frightened at what I’d done, screamed and began sobbing”.

Buddha visit - The Buddha accepted his father’s invitation and returned to visit his homeland. During this visit, he preached the Dhamma to King Suddhodana. The Compassionate One said he knew the King’s heart was full of affection and deeply grieved. The painting depicts how an artist saw it.

“I remember my mother come running into the room. There was fear in her face. Seeing the shattered vase, she sighed heavily. Then she saw me sitting on the floor wailing. “I’m sorry, Amma. I’m sorry, Amma. I broke the family treasure!” Seeing despair on my face, my mother was silent for a moment. Faced with two powerful and conflicting instincts - one toward anger and blame, the other toward compassion and forgiveness, she sat next to me, pulled me on her lap, and kissed my tears. “Sweetheart, when I ran in here, I was terrified that something bad had happened to our family’s most precious treasure. But thank God, you’re okay. Kushi, you are the family treasure.”

“My mother turned what could have been a painful incident and a lifelong source of guilt into an enduring source of affirmation and worthiness. That day I experienced a mother’s limitless love towards her children.”
The study

This is a story of parental love. It’s a love we would never quantify. Their love is unchanged, unconditional and cannot be measured. Parents are the fountains of our lives. They are the sun and moon in our world, in our family. The father is the Sun and mother is the moon. As Buddhists, as well as grateful and faithful sons and daughters, we cannot think of a life without our parents.

The study of parental love is something from which social scientists long shied away. But with the increased interest in the origin of mental illnesses, more attention is being paid to the infancy and childhood of human beings. What investigations have revealed is that parental love is, beyond all cavil or question, the most important experience in the life of a human being.

For the new-born baby, survival is of the first importance. But survival alone is not enough - and in most cases it is doubtful whether the mere satisfaction of his physical needs will secure even that. We now know from the observations of a number of physician and investigators that parental love is an essential part of the nourishment of every baby and that unless he is loved he will not develop as a healthy organism.

The Buddha has taught us that it is our bounden duty, a moral obligation to respect and support our parents unceasingly, especially when they reach old age, and when they are feeble or sick. If one does not support one’s parents in general or in the latter part of their lives in particular; he or she, according to Buddhism, is an ungrateful and uncivilised son or daughter. The Buddha declared this very clearly in the Wasala sutta, the Discourse on outcastes:

Whosoever being wealthy supports not his mother and father who have grown old - know him as an outcast.

On the contrary, in the Mangala Sutta, the Buddha said, to support mother and father, to cherish wife and children, and to be engaged in peaceful occupation - this is the greatest blessing.

In the Katannu Sutta, the Buddha said, I tell you, monks, there are two people who are not easy to repay. Which two? Your mother and father. Even if you were to carry your mother on one shoulder and your father on the other shoulder for 100 years, and were to look after them by anointing, massaging, bathing, and rubbing their limbs, and they were to defecate and urinate right there [on your shoulders], you would not in that way pay or repay your parents.

If you were to establish your mother and father in absolute sovereignty over this great earth, abounding in the seven treasures, you would not in that way pay or repay your parents. Why is that? Mother and father do much for their children. They care for them, they nourish them, and they introduce them to this world. But anyone who rouses his unbelieving mother and father, settles and establishes them in conviction; rouses his unvirtuous mother and father, settles and establishes them in virtue; rouses his stingy mother and father, settles and establishes them in generosity; rouses his foolish mother and father, settles and establishes them in discernment: To this extent one pays and repays one’s mother and father.
Duties

In the Sigalovada Sutta the Buddha laid down rules elaborating the duties of children and parents.

The duties of a child towards its parents are five in number:

(1) Support them with four requisites-food and drinks, clothing, shelter, and medication
(2) Perform their duties such as helping them to do whatever they find difficult to do
(3) Keep up the family tradition, name, and image
(4) Be worthy of their inheritance
(5) Transfer merit to them after their death.

Parents love - The parents’ love towards children is unchanged, unconditional and cannot be measured

Parents, too, have a duty to take good care of their children as set by the teachings of the Buddha. There are five primary duties that a parent must do while bringing up a child:

(1) Advise to refrain from doing anything evil
(2) Persuade to do meritorious actions
(3) Ensuring properly educated.
(4) Guiding to the right path in the careful selection of a spouse.
(5) Passing on inheritances

These duties make good sense even today. They form basis of good family relationships and the democratic and social ethics of a Buddhist.
Live and love

Parental love towards children is creative, greatly enriching the lives of the receiver and the giver. It is the only thing in the world of which one cannot give anyone too much. Genuine parental love has a firmness and discipline of its own for which there can be no substitute; it can never harm or inhibit or spoil, it can only benefit.

Scientists are today discovering that to live as if live and love were one is an indispensable condition - because this is the way of life which the innate nature of man demands. The idea is not new. What is new is that contemporary men should be rediscovering, by scientific means, the ancient truths as delivered by the Buddha nearly 2,600 years ago. For human beings - and for humanity - nothing could be more important.

995Technical Analytics & Charts (2) - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (2) Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:00 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

996Technical Analytics & Charts (2) - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (2) Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:35 am

geshan.weerakkody

geshan.weerakkody

Thanks Shark, we are waiting for NEST analysis which you mentioned yesterday Smile

-------

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/viewtopic.forum?t=36856

-------

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/viewtopic.forum?t=41927

-------

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/viewtopic.forum?t=41928

-------

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/viewtopic.forum?t=41932

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum: