Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Contribute
Submit Post

Latest topics

» CRIB රිපෝට් පමණක් සලකා බලා ණය ලබා දීම ප්‍රතික්ෂේප කරන්න එපා – රාජ්‍ය අමාත්‍ය ෂෙහාන් සේමසිංහ බැංකුවලින් ඉල්ලයි
by fireshelter Yesterday at 11:55 pm

» LFIN Superb Result
by Promoney Yesterday at 11:23 pm

» Power and Energy Sector
by jaya Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» What will happen tomorrow?
by jaya Yesterday at 10:29 pm

» RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC (RICH.N0000)
by Teller Yesterday at 9:14 pm

» Sri Lanka Stock Market to remain flat in 2020
by Kipling Yesterday at 8:33 pm

» Shares to Buy
by KavinduTM Yesterday at 6:41 pm

» Viraj Dayaratna PC is the new Chairman of the SEC
by Teller Yesterday at 12:25 pm

» BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC (BIL.N0000)
by Teller Yesterday at 12:03 pm

» Admin Help
by Junior investor Yesterday at 12:01 pm

» Investment Advice
by Teller Yesterday at 11:45 am

» ROYAL CERAMICS PLC (RCL.N0000)
by ThilinaM Yesterday at 10:29 am

» CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC
by Chanaka303 Yesterday at 9:59 am

» BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)
by ThilinaM Yesterday at 8:51 am

» කොටස් තැරැව්කරුවෝ අගමැති මහින්ද හමුවෙති
by Eng Krishantha Yesterday at 1:48 am

» stock portfolio tracking spreadsheet... (google spreadsheet/excel sheet)
by Sajeewa Niranjan Yesterday at 12:03 am

» RENUKA CAPITAL PLC (KZOO.N0000)
by fireshelter Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:21 pm

» The biggest news in 2020
by Chanaka303 Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:01 pm

» Sri Lanka Economy
by KavinduTM Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:36 pm

» EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000)
by PDH Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:26 pm

» Tile and Ceramic Sector
by KavinduTM Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:04 pm

» ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC (ABAN.N0000)
by NANDANA2012 Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:32 am

» President to meet Stockbrokers
by Promoney Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:54 pm

POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

Advertise

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » Browns Investments IPO & Future IPOs

Browns Investments IPO & Future IPOs

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Browns Investments IPO & Future IPOs Empty Browns Investments IPO & Future IPOs on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:11 pm

RIO

RIO
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

BROWNS INVESTMENT PLC ( the latest IPO)

According to the prospectus pg 20 - 8.1 Stated Capital -Note 03...clearly state its a Private Placement
& the Date of the PP is given as 03rd Feb 2011 therefore the said
recipients of the PP ( The recipients of the PP is available on pg 144
- 148 annexure E) CAN SELL their holdings issued @ PP on or before 12 Months from the date of 3rd Feb 2011 [as per the new rule of SEC, PPs made after 1st April 2011 is coming under the new Lock In Rule]

My advice is ....it's best practice to deposit your applications on the opening day and not before it...coz last few IPOs & Valibel One... they amended the Printed prospectus after issuing them to Broker Firms/trading Members which
in return was distributed to potential buyers....then few of those
applied were aware of the amendments thus it was just an announcement
to CSE & no Paper/TV media coverage was given equal to their pre
IPO advertising...Therefore Brawns too have enough time to amend the
Prospectus ...

This applies to all future IPOs as I guess SEC/CSE do not have a proper checking mechanism for IPO Prospectus before endorsing for distribution



Last edited by RIO on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:37 pm; edited 4 times in total

2Browns Investments IPO & Future IPOs Empty Re: Browns Investments IPO & Future IPOs on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:49 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@RIO wrote:
BROWNS INVESTMENT PLC ( the latest IPO)

According to the prospectus pg 20 - 8.1 Stated Capital -Note 03...clearly state its a Private Placement
& the Date of the PP is given as 03rd Feb 2011 therefore the said
recipients of the PP ( The recipients of the PP is available on pg 144
- 148 annexure E) CAN SELL their holdings issued @ PP on or before 12 Months from the date of 3rd Feb 2011 [as per the new rule of SEC, PPs made after 1st April 2011 is coming under the new Lock In Rule]

My advice is ....it's best practice to deposit your applications on the opening day and not before it...coz last few IPOs & Valibel One... they amended the Printed prospectus after issuing them to Broker Firms/trading Members which
in return was distributed to potential buyers....then few of those
applied were aware of the amendments thus it was just an announcement
to CSE & no Paper/TV media coverage was given equal to their pre
IPO advertising...Therefore Brawns too have enough time to amend the
Prospectus ...

This applies to all future IPOs as I guess SEC/CSE do not have a proper checking mechanism for IPO Prospectus before endorsing for distribution
Price of PP is also Rs5/=....Therefore it will not be a big problem....And according to many experts this is afairly valued share...

3Browns Investments IPO & Future IPOs Empty Re: Browns Investments IPO & Future IPOs on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:56 pm

Chabbi

Chabbi
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@rijayasooriya wrote:
@RIO wrote:
BROWNS INVESTMENT PLC ( the latest IPO)

According to the prospectus pg 20 - 8.1 Stated Capital -Note 03...clearly state its a Private Placement
& the Date of the PP is given as 03rd Feb 2011 therefore the said
recipients of the PP ( The recipients of the PP is available on pg 144
- 148 annexure E) CAN SELL their holdings issued @ PP on or before 12 Months from the date of 3rd Feb 2011 [as per the new rule of SEC, PPs made after 1st April 2011 is coming under the new Lock In Rule]

My advice is ....it's best practice to deposit your applications on the opening day and not before it...coz last few IPOs & Valibel One... they amended the Printed prospectus after issuing them to Broker Firms/trading Members which
in return was distributed to potential buyers....then few of those
applied were aware of the amendments thus it was just an announcement
to CSE & no Paper/TV media coverage was given equal to their pre
IPO advertising...Therefore Brawns too have enough time to amend the
Prospectus ...

This applies to all future IPOs as I guess SEC/CSE do not have a proper checking mechanism for IPO Prospectus before endorsing for distribution
Price of PP is also Rs5/=....Therefore it will not be a big problem....And according to many experts this is afairly valued share...

I too agree tht it is it is fairly valued but my concern is Pvt plcmnt ppl has got big chunk than retail applicants. i have doubt do v able to receive minimum application evn Sad in that period this would highly oversubscribe. then we can expect Very gud 1st day ... but if big player cam & drop on 1st day ......... thn it automatically match the IPO price .......... so we might get small gain ....... If Pvt plcmnt is locked ... locked thn only IPO shares in action ... thn we can have AWESOME 1st day ...

HOPE you got my POINT ?? Razz

Cheerz

4Browns Investments IPO & Future IPOs Empty Re: Browns Investments IPO & Future IPOs on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:18 am

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Chabbi wrote:
@rijayasooriya wrote:
@RIO wrote:
BROWNS INVESTMENT PLC ( the latest IPO)

According to the prospectus pg 20 - 8.1 Stated Capital -Note 03...clearly state its a Private Placement
& the Date of the PP is given as 03rd Feb 2011 therefore the said
recipients of the PP ( The recipients of the PP is available on pg 144
- 148 annexure E) CAN SELL their holdings issued @ PP on or before 12 Months from the date of 3rd Feb 2011 [as per the new rule of SEC, PPs made after 1st April 2011 is coming under the new Lock In Rule]

My advice is ....it's best practice to deposit your applications on the opening day and not before it...coz last few IPOs & Valibel One... they amended the Printed prospectus after issuing them to Broker Firms/trading Members which
in return was distributed to potential buyers....then few of those
applied were aware of the amendments thus it was just an announcement
to CSE & no Paper/TV media coverage was given equal to their pre
IPO advertising...Therefore Brawns too have enough time to amend the
Prospectus ...

This applies to all future IPOs as I guess SEC/CSE do not have a proper checking mechanism for IPO Prospectus before endorsing for distribution
Price of PP is also Rs5/=....Therefore it will not be a big problem....And according to many experts this is afairly valued share...

I too agree tht it is it is fairly valued but my concern is Pvt plcmnt ppl has got big chunk than retail applicants. i have doubt do v able to receive minimum application evn Sad in that period this would highly oversubscribe. then we can expect Very gud 1st day ... but if big player cam & drop on 1st day ......... thn it automatically match the IPO price .......... so we might get small gain ....... If Pvt plcmnt is locked ... locked thn only IPO shares in action ... thn we can have AWESOME 1st day ...

HOPE you got my POINT ?? Razz

Cheerz
In both these ipos(Browns and Vallibel One) most probably we will get minimum amount....Therefore even if it goes very high our earning will not be much irrespective of pp....

5Browns Investments IPO & Future IPOs Empty Re: Browns Investments IPO & Future IPOs on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:20 am

RIO

RIO
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
[quote="Chabbi"]
@rijayasooriya wrote:
@RIO wrote:According to the prospectus pg 20 - 8.1 Stated Capital -Note 03... clearly state its a Private Placement & the Date of the PP is given as 03rd Feb 2011 therefore the said recipients of the PP CAN SELL their holdings on any date given the advantage of the SEC rule implementation date [as per the new rule of SEC, PPs made only after 1st April 2011 is coming under the new Lock In Rule]

If Pvt plcmnt is locked ... locked thn only IPO shares in action ... thn we can have AWESOME 1st day ...

No buddy the PP is not applicable to Lock in Rule...see above highlighted aria...!

6Browns Investments IPO & Future IPOs Empty Re: Browns Investments IPO & Future IPOs on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:51 am

Chabbi

Chabbi
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
[quote="RIO"]
@Chabbi wrote:
@rijayasooriya wrote:
@RIO wrote:According to the prospectus pg 20 - 8.1 Stated Capital -Note 03... clearly state its a Private Placement & the Date of the PP is given as 03rd Feb 2011 therefore the said recipients of the PP CAN SELL their holdings on any date given the advantage of the SEC rule implementation date [as per the new rule of SEC, PPs made only after 1st April 2011 is coming under the new Lock In Rule]

If Pvt plcmnt is locked ... locked thn only IPO shares in action ... thn we can have AWESOME 1st day ...

No buddy the PP is not applicable to Lock in Rule...see above highlighted aria...!

Thnx RIO .........

Now Browns is bit loss confidence. Bcz Pvt Plcmnt ppl got large junk.. thy cn happy by selling thm @ 6 evn .........

But v get only small / Decimal portion. But im going with this IPO Sad

Any more poss & Cons in this ???

7Browns Investments IPO & Future IPOs Empty Re: Browns Investments IPO & Future IPOs on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:03 pm

RIO

RIO
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Chabbi wrote:

Thnx RIO .........
Now Browns is bit loss confidence. Bcz Pvt Plcmnt ppl got large junk.. thy cn happy by selling thm @ 6 evn .........

But v get only small / Decimal portion. But im going with this IPO Sad

Any more poss & Cons in this ???


Even I too applying for both IPOs .... I just wanted members to be aware of the true facts of the PP & be precocious on applying & trading...! Good luck ... Wink

8Browns Investments IPO & Future IPOs Empty Re: Browns Investments IPO & Future IPOs on Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:31 am

ansar


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
This is another way of PP to get a good PROFIT. Small amount to us and big amount to them. PP can sell their lot even at 6 and get a big profit. OK, let them have it. Good Luck!

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum