FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

I want to buy a phone! Vote_lcap68%I want to buy a phone! Vote_rcap 68% [ 178 ]
I want to buy a phone! Vote_lcap18%I want to buy a phone! Vote_rcap 18% [ 47 ]
I want to buy a phone! Vote_lcap13%I want to buy a phone! Vote_rcap 13% [ 35 ]

Total Votes : 260

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» TILE / LWL / RCL
by Thushara Ayya Today at 5:16 pm

» HSenid IPO
by rukshan1234 Today at 5:14 pm

» LANKA REALTY INVESTMENTS PLC -ASCO
by Thushara Ayya Today at 5:09 pm

» BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)
by lion Today at 4:54 pm

» LOLC waiting for LOFC 100+ and CLC 100+
by Surajmp Today at 3:25 pm

» Key Plantation Company Fair Values - KOTA, TPL and KVAL with very High Upside
by Swissinvest Today at 3:13 pm

» Month end impact on LOFC and CLC
by Swissinvest Today at 3:05 pm

» Water For All - CIND
by ErangaDS Today at 2:20 pm

» U.S. inflation is one of the highest in the world
by ResearchMan Today at 2:09 pm

» Oil Plummets
by ResearchMan Today at 2:07 pm

» LOFC Direction
by Winner123 Today at 2:02 pm

» ASPI Trend
by hotstock Today at 12:45 pm

» GEMS at LOW price TYRE. RICH.
by Chathur Today at 11:30 am

» NAMU/WATA super gain
by Kaptivajkss Today at 11:30 am

» KOTAGALA PLANTATION PLC (KOTA.N0000)
by jehan008 Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC (HHL.N0000)
by LAMDA Yesterday at 11:35 pm

» CFLB hidden gem
by LAMDA Yesterday at 11:34 pm

» Hidden Gem - GLAS - 40/- Soon
by LAMDA Yesterday at 11:29 pm

» SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC (SHL.N0000)
by Kaptivajkss Yesterday at 3:53 pm

» ASCO get ready for run
by SAGA Yesterday at 3:27 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FUN CHRONICLE™ » I want to buy a phone!

I want to buy a phone!

+11
ISURU
kusalmunasinghe
chamith
stumpy
DKR
jake
Gaja
StocksWatch
spider
Tiger
intelstk
15 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I want to buy a phone! Empty I want to buy a phone! Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:53 pm

intelstk

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I want to buy a phone which can go up to max 40,000 to 50,000. I have following options.

- Nokia E 72 - 41,000
- Blackberry curve 9300 - 41,000
- Blackberry curve 8520 - 27,000

As I found out from this forum, E 72 does not support for online trading but I like it because of the camera,etc. BB is much prefered due to online trading facility. But my worry is whether I have to buy seperate blackberry package from a mobile operator to use the phone or can use my existing dialog package which I cant change this moment.

Can some one help me to buy a phone which I can use for share trading and for normal uses... Very Happy

2I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:10 pm

Tiger

Tiger
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

If u can afford go for I-phone,that is the best. You will never regret.

Anyhow I dont agree share trading on the go, unless your strategy is Trading versus investment.

3I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:14 pm

spider

spider
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Did u check NOKIA C6-01 ???

4I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:32 pm

StocksWatch

@Tiger wrote:If u can afford go for I-phone,that is the best. You will never regret.

Anyhow I dont agree share trading on the go, unless your strategy is Trading versus investment.

Tiger, why do you prefer i-phone over balck berry for business usage? Is there any particular advantage in i-phone over BB with respect to internet and/or email usage?

5I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:51 pm

intelstk

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

@spider wrote:Did u check NOKIA C6-01 ???

yes spider I just checked it after seeing your post. It seems not a business phone I think. Any way, I checked with some sites and got to know without BB Plan we cant get the maximum from it. So, I think it is better to postpone my BB dream for another 1 year and now go for E 72. Sad Sad

6I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:11 pm

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

i think with the collaboration of Amex dialog is giving some BB for Free or half rate if you sign up for some packages, but i am not sure whether that package will suit for you. Just for your information

7I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:30 pm

jake

jake
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

If it was me I would have gone for a BB. Go for a storm or a torch due to their larger screen if you intend to run DFN.
If you don't need the BB services like BB messenger or push email you don't even have to buy BIS(BlackBerry Internet Services) package from your operator. Even if you want them you can keep your old number.It will cost something around Rs.700 monthly.(not sure about Dialog rates)

8I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:36 pm

DKR

DKR
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

iphone is the best one for internet....if u hav wi-fi u can double the speed...if u want go for a BB better to go for latest original one..dnt buy chinese versions..u can go for the hell...As im using iphone i highly reccomend u to go for a iP, if u can...

9I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:38 pm

stumpy

stumpy
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Anyone use iphone mTrade app!

I'm going to buy an iphone... how's DirectFN app... It looks really nice...but does anyone have some experiences?

10I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:56 pm

Tiger

Tiger

@StocksWatch wrote:
@Tiger wrote:If u can afford go for I-phone,that is the best. You will never regret.

Tiger, why do you prefer i-phone over balck berry for business usage? Is there any particular advantage in i-phone over BB with respect to internet and/or email usage?

BB is really a handicap when you compare with I-4N, unless you go for BB Tourch. You will have more utility and satisfaction in I-4N, cos basically it can do all what you want it to do.

11I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:02 am

Tiger

Tiger

@intelstk wrote:

yes spider I just checked it after seeing your post. It seems not a business phone I think. Any way, I checked with some sites and got to know without BB Plan we cant get the maximum from it. So, I think it is better to postpone my BB dream for another 1 year and now go for E 72. Sad Sad

Don't go for E72, its useless when it comes to internet. Alternative for I-4N is HTC desire, equally good but phone is getting very hot.

12I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:17 am

chamith

chamith

Hey tiger how much is a iphone 4 in SL?
I still didnt take my upgrade offer for my contract as there are rumors about iphone 5.

13I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:10 am

spider

spider
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

@intelstk wrote:

U dont need to postpone ur BB dream that much... wait few days n Go for a BlackBerry PlayBook Basketball

It will support
1. Push Mail
2. DIrectFN
3. Bloomberg
4. forum.srilankaequity.com cheers

http://www.gadgetspriceindia.com/blackberry-playbook-price-7-inch-tablet-from-blackberry/

14I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:19 pm

chamith

chamith

This is in the market now.
I have seen ads on this. This is another competitive product to ipad.

15I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:35 pm

Tiger

Tiger

@chamith wrote:Hey tiger how much is a iphone 4 in SL?
I still didnt take my upgrade offer for my contract as there are rumors about iphone 5.

Sorry bro, I live in Dubai. Here iPhone costs you AED 2550 (USD 700) in LKR 76000/-.

16I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:14 pm

chamith

chamith

Oh thats cheap. here in uk about 499£ about 85000 lkr.
anyway i ordered one today.
have 2 wait till tue to get it...

17I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:15 am

kusalmunasinghe

Stock Trader

Get a BB Bold 9700....
Dialog data plan costs [pre paid-rs15 per day] [post paid-1100 rental]

18I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:20 am

ISURU

ISURU

@intelstk wrote:I want to buy a phone which can go up to max 40,000 to 50,000. I have following options.

- Nokia E 72 - 41,000
- Blackberry curve 9300 - 41,000
- Blackberry curve 8520 - 27,000

As I found out from this forum, E 72 does not support for online trading but I like it because of the camera,etc. BB is much prefered due to online trading facility. But my worry is whether I have to buy seperate blackberry package from a mobile operator to use the phone or can use my existing dialog package which I cant change this moment.

Can some one help me to buy a phone which I can use for share trading and for normal uses... Very Happy
If you are concentrating more on camera then N8 is better.

19I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:48 am

StocksWatch

@kusalmunasinghe wrote:Get a BB Bold 9700....
Dialog data plan costs [pre paid-rs15 per day] [post paid-1100 rental]

Are above prices for unlimited data? Then it looks fine.

20I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:10 am

themask

themask
Manager - Equity Analytics

Consider Samsung Ace. same features as iphone 4 for a cheaper price.
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_ace_s5830-3724.php

Apple costs you very much for the brand. see the apple specs below and compare the ratings of two phones. Samsung is very much ahead.
http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_4-3275.php

The only con I see in Samsung is it has a low internal memory than the apple but thats more than enough unless install hundreds of apps.

However I prefer Apple over BB. Its practically everywhere Very Happy Even the bus conductors carry a BB these days.

21I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:48 am

amibroker

@themask wrote:Consider Samsung Ace. same features as iphone 4 for a cheaper price.
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_ace_s5830-3724.php

Apple costs you very much for the brand. see the apple specs below and compare the ratings of two phones. Samsung is very much ahead.
http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_4-3275.php

The only con I see in Samsung is it has a low internal memory than the apple but thats more than enough unless install hundreds of apps.

However I prefer Apple over BB. Its practically everywhere Very Happy Even the bus conductors carry a BB these days.

Is anyone using Samsug Galaxy Tab ? I am planning to buy either IPAD2 or Galaxy Tab ... can some one share some experiences with these two tablets....

22I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:00 pm

Tiger

Tiger

Hi friends who wants to do trading on phone. Please think twice about your investment strategy. Do you want be come a swing trader or an investor? I think most you you guys have long time ahead, and possibly several decades to invest, earn money and live a happy life. Do you want to live in constant stress and earn few quick bucks? I think we will be more happier and successful investors if we can think wisely.

Please dont be offended by my thoughts, just my personal view.

23I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:05 pm

Revolution

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

There is a huwawi S7 (as i remember) phone promoted by etisalat with free data bundle package..
it has a phone with a huge screen... just 27-32K try that out...
1 year warranty.

24I want to buy a phone! Empty Re: I want to buy a phone! Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:24 pm

bettersrilanka

bettersrilanka

you can use your dialog package with blackberry.no need to buy a separate blackberry package.you can just configure it to GPRS service.( If you have big money you can add a blackberry service to existing package as a service. Very Happy .I think BB is better for online trading if not try an Apple... It is so sweet... Razz

http://lankafunpicture.blogspot.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum