FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000)

+122
කාලි
abp1970
judecroos
DanceOfBoons
geesura
කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ2020
Nandun
dayandacool
Love Boy
viraking
Ranjith62
celtic tiger
Academic
madukp
Baba2020
rajini
100Bill
pra4u
SUSPENS
Rational Investor
deli
Bargain
Enoka Fernandez
Captain
Miss-Sangeetha
Antonym
Yahapalanaya
wallstreetguy
Eranga87
THUWA
xhunter
engineer
Dharshi
thestock123
roshan1039
chathura123
Hope123
Thushara Ayya
Kipling
ColomboCSE
MarketWch
Gajaya
Soilconomy
kalu351
thankrishan
sandamal
Sanju121
Ekanayake90
God Father
fireshelter
Quibit
mihiri84
ChooBoy
Promoney
ThilinaM
nuwanmja
glad
mahasona2
Rare
Teller
soileconomy
Bakka1988
reyaz
sheildskye
ruwan326
samaritan
sssmax
DS Wijesinghe
Mark Levin
anges
Gallardo
jayathu
Brinthan
darrenadanm
Joe007
chamil1
cseranga
Gainer
Steve Jansen
bullseye
anjelo
gayanath
nimantha80
Melissa Pereira
sharemarket
Senior Citizen
Ernie Tissera
Jana
EquityChamp
Business Basil
StockGuru
Eng Krishantha
dhanurrox
marusira
SHARK aka TAH
PriyanDV
Harry82
VALUEPICK
Market R
shadow walker
Chinwi
Slstock
ccsentha
cseguide
traderathome
Takecharge
Redbulls
econ
KDDND
CSE.SAS
mark
The Alchemist
kukumarx
VISA
worthiness
UKboy
smallville
salt
Jiggysaurus
raptor
Arena
rainmaker
126 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 17]

241JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Wed May 27, 2020 3:32 pm

thestock123

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

@sanju .
Mama dananwa umba kauda kiyala .minissunta boru karanna broker kenek .modayo danne nethiwa owa danna epa tikak balalla dapan. Owa okkoma foreign selling .lanakwe in ganne .aye foreigners loku kalekata enne nehe.
Plumb modayek bawa penawa comment walin personnel ganan deyak nehe. Booruwek wenna epa

242JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Fri May 29, 2020 6:19 am

Sanju121

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

thestock123 wrote:@sanju .
Mama dananwa umba kauda kiyala .minissunta boru karanna broker kenek .modayo danne nethiwa owa danna epa tikak balalla dapan. Owa okkoma foreign selling .lanakwe in ganne .aye foreigners loku kalekata enne nehe.
Plumb modayek bawa penawa comment walin personnel ganan deyak nehe. Booruwek wenna epa
Now who is the real Booruwa? clown  madayek wage kiyanakota what else should any one call you other than tha booruwa....get a life.

243JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Fri May 29, 2020 6:20 am

Sanju121

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

116 passed from 80 Next target for jkh is 125

NAV is 168

244JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Fri May 29, 2020 2:35 pm

Kipling

Expert
Expert

Sanju 
What happened to Jkh today.??
Trust run begins next week.

245JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Fri May 29, 2020 3:37 pm

MarketWch

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

End of month always there is margun clearing 

end of the day
Jkh massive crossings at 110
These fluctuations are healthy for the market,this will gradually go up and up.
Nav is 168 now at 110 very attractive 
This is not a buy or sell recommendation 
Do your own research 

JKH 328,830@110.00 (-5.80) = 36,171,300
14:27:41
JKH 243,050@110.00 (-5.80) = 26,735,500
14:27:30
JKH 1,636,180@110.00 (-5.80) = 179,979,800
14:27:30
JKH 663,820@110.00 (-5.80) = 73,020,200
14:27:29
JKH 1,653,897@110.00 (-5.80) = 181,928,670

246JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Fri May 29, 2020 4:06 pm

Sanju121

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Kipling wrote:Sanju 
What happened to Jkh today.??
Trust run begins next week.
@kipling

This is a blue chip company not penny stock.This is very valuble after cinnamon life,trizen,cinnamon red established.dont go for trading anyone can understand there is always margine clearing at end of month.

@marketWch totally Agreed

247JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Fri May 29, 2020 4:40 pm

Dharshi

Dharshi
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

JKH will come under 90.00. You wait and see... queen queen queen.

248JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Fri May 29, 2020 4:51 pm

Sanju121

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Dharshi wrote:JKH will come under 90.00. You wait and see... queen queen queen.
wait and see  lol!

249JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Sat May 30, 2020 10:13 am

engineer

Manager - Equity Analytics

ok we will wait Very Happy

250JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Sat May 30, 2020 11:45 am

Kipling

Expert
Expert

Teller seems to operate multiple accounts.
Strawberry Shortcake is Hmmmm

251JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Sun May 31, 2020 1:28 pm

Dharshi

Dharshi
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Kipling wrote:Teller seems to operate multiple accounts.
At least Teller Ayya doing some classes in Youtube to teach people about shares trading. But what you are doing...? Don't try to mislead people by giving them false hopes about market and make them loose their hard earned money. Also learn how to talk and behave yourself with your female colleague... Crying or Very sad .

252JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Sun May 31, 2020 1:42 pm

Kipling

Expert
Expert

A proxy for Teller..That is all I had in mind.

253JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Sun May 31, 2020 9:49 pm

Soilconomy

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Dharshi wrote:
At least Teller Ayya doing some classes in Youtube to teach people about shares trading. But what you are doing...? Don't try to mislead people by giving them false hopes about market and make them loose their hard earned money. Also learn how to talk and behave yourself with your female colleague... Crying or Very sad .
It does not matter if you are a female or male with a female account.what matters is if you tell stupid things and trying to mislead new comers without valid points you are a idiot.mis.whoever.

learn how to invest and trade before acting like a pandith...

254JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:17 am

Dharshi

Dharshi
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Soilconomy wrote:
Dharshi wrote:
It does not matter if you are a female or male with a female account.what matters is if you tell stupid things and trying to mislead new comers without valid points you are a idiot.mis.whoever.

learn how to invest and trade before acting like a pandith...
I am not misleading the newcomers. You guys are misleading them by showing them an artificial hype. After the Corona pandemic, every body knows the economy is down and how the other world markets are performing. Also we know the history of CSE. How CSE alone will go hype after hype...??? Don't be so cunning and try to deceive innocent people's money. Already in CSE, the shares prices are selling unrealistically very high. You will see a drastic drop soon reflecting the real economy... Basketball .

255JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:11 am

xhunter

xhunter

@Dharshi,
i am new to this (expect to invest in stock market).
you said that "Already in CSE, the shares prices are selling unrealistically very high".
How do we know this, is it based on AVPS and EPS and future potential(sonthing can not be mathematically model).
or please explain me the reason/values/proofs  for 90/= is the right value for JKH and why should long term investors should start to collect JKH when it reachs lower than 90/=.

this is my first post and i am trying to grab technical knowledge (which can not be garbed reading a tutorial or watching a you tube video).

Thanks in advance.

256JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:53 am

THUWA

xhunter wrote:@Dharshi,
you said that "Already in CSE, the shares prices are selling unrealistically very high".
How do we know this, is it based on AVPS and EPS and future potential(sonthing can not be mathematically model).
or please explain me the reason/values/proofs  for 90/= is the right value for JKH and why should long term investors should start to collect JKH when it reachs lower than 90/=.

this is my first post and i am trying to grab technical knowledge (which can not be garbed reading a tutorial or watching a you tube video).

Thanks in advance.

Xhunter is non other than Soilconomy with recently opened fake user name, those without backbone are now speaking through fake user ID

257JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:29 am

xhunter

xhunter

THUWA wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Xhunter is non other than Soilconomy with recently opened fake user name, those without backbone are now speaking through fake user ID
Still my question is open and i am seeking for a critical and logical answer. your above statement can not be considered as an answer , at least i can not see any relationship.i believe @Dharshi will clearly answer my question (with facts that everyone can accept in the forum).

258JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:39 am

xhunter

xhunter

some clarification about my handle. "hunter" is my first choice when it comes to online handle,if it is already taken then Xhunter. this is my profile in stackoverflow
JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 4PGJgoiRHf8f8AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

259JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:45 pm

Teller

Teller

I estimate JKH to come down 80 levels

260JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:51 pm

xhunter

xhunter

Teller wrote:I estimate JKH to come down 80 levels
Opinions are just words without facts. arrange facts rationally and logically to support your opinion. that what forum members are looking for. even God said "I estimated to this" has no value.

261JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:54 pm

MarketWch

MarketWch

Don't post your stupidity,even a new investors knows JKH is worth more than 160...
Manipulation is your middle name after seeing your comments and videos

262JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:16 pm

Eranga87

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Teller, JKH NAV Rs.164. your valuation Rs.80. current market price Rs.110. can you please tell me JKH Overvalue or undervalued? pls. mentioned your valuation technique.
no need to show your excel calculations.

263JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:36 pm

Dharshi

Dharshi
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

xhunter wrote:
THUWA wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Still my question is open and i am seeking for a critical and logical answer. your above statement can not be considered as an answer , at least i can not see any relationship.i believe @Dharshi will clearly answer my question (with facts that everyone can accept in the forum).
My answer is very simple. @Xhunter - Don't think CSE like your interested programming languages which have proper reasoning behind every constructs or code segments. In CSE lot of front/back elements control price movements, which normally can't be logically reasoned using financial knowledge. The history tells all about CSE....Smile.

So my JKH estimation of price is 90.00.

The reasoning behind this is,

Price of share = V1+ x*y+ z
V1=40, x=5, y=4, z=100
So estimated price of share comes as 90/=.

Now you understand.... Very Happy

264JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:52 am

MarketWch

MarketWch

Dharshi wrote:
xhunter wrote:
THUWA wrote:

Thanks in advance.

My answer is very simple. @Xhunter - Don't think CSE like your interested programming languages which have proper reasoning behind every constructs or code segments. In CSE lot of front/back elements control price movements, which normally can't be logically reasoned using financial knowledge. The history tells all about CSE....Smile.

V1=40, x=5, y=4, z=100

😂😂😂

265JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:45 am

Teller

Teller

Hi guys, This time i dont do any calculation but i have estimates. Personally i know they hit a lot due to pandemic situation . Its not going to clear this situation ,some times it may takes year to recover the industry like tourism. Jkh has a huge exposure on it . Its a better to close hotels than run it with less occupancy. Running a hotel has a huge fixed cost not like other industry . In my point of view and estimates put jkh further pressure. Wait and see. How ever i believe my way .you can have yours . (Disclosure -Holding) Good luck

266JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:07 am

xhunter

xhunter

Dharshi wrote:
xhunter wrote:
THUWA wrote:

Thanks in advance.

V1=40, x=5, y=4, z=100

first of all , you have used the incorrect term "estimation". estimation should have a base. the right term is "price you wish". financial knowledge is not rocket science. "In CSE lot of front/back elements control price movement", so you think inverters are idiots they dont know this and only you and teller know this so people who collect JKH at 110/= are totally idiots. and you think CSE history is something covered and others can not uncover it only @Dharshi can do it.  
I can understand you financial knowledge based on the exceptional mathematical knowledge you have.
 V1+ x*y + z = 40 + (5x4)+100 = 160
So where this 90/= came from?

This time i dont expect an answer.  Very Happy

267JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:13 am

Kipling

Expert
Expert

Teller & Gang follow valuation methodology developed by Zaharan under ISIS auspices. They want Wahabi Sharia state. No chance in the Land of Pure Theravada Buddhism. Teller Should focus on the stink holes of the Gulf.

268JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:10 am

MarketWch

MarketWch

Kipling wrote:Teller & Gang follow valuation methodology developed by Zaharan under ISIS auspices. They want Wahabi Sharia state. No chance in the Land of Pure Theravada Buddhism. Teller Should focus on the stink holes of the Gulf.
When our new president wins the election these pandiths will regret telling bu$& s$&t 
Jkh will be the next big win hotel stake is just 15% so not that impact for overall company and they might sell some non performance hotel properties ,if this happens jkh will be above 245 and jkh was 350 before...some in this forum(so called tale tellers) will try to mislead others but best thing is to do your own research.jkh hotel property around country also valued at he'll of a lot $$$
With the matale airport starts everything will be booming.if someone wait till that time to buy that would be nuts...
Covid is not a issue for Sri Lanka because we now have a president who is very strong and wise,past all president are not like him.GR loves his country and what he tells he does...
I am seeing bright future for Sri Lanka.by the way I'm not in any political party but as a Sri Lankan I respect what the current president is doing.jaya wewa..
Never get advice from pandiths in this forum.belive the swot analysis of jkh...

269JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:36 am

xhunter

xhunter

Teller wrote:Hi guys, This time i dont do any calculation but i have estimates. Personally i know they hit a lot due to pandemic situation . Its not going to clear this situation ,some times it may takes year to recover the industry like tourism. Jkh has a huge exposure on it . Its a better to close hotels than run it with less occupancy. Running a hotel has a huge fixed cost not like other industry . In my point of view and estimates put jkh further pressure. Wait and see. How ever i believe my way .you can have yours . (Disclosure -Holding) Good luck
So you believe when tourism hit by covid-19 badly, then somehow you “personally” know that but others don’t know that. And JKH directors just stand and see what is going on.
Did you try to find out what their business strategy/risk mitigation plan is?
Did you study whether it is something realistic?
If all hotels they have runs with no occupancy, as percentage what is impact to the revenue as a percentage (roughly)?
Do you know how hotel operations are managed throughout the seasons when occupancy vary from 80% to 5%  from season to season?
Do  you know how hotels cost structure composites.

270JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Re: JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000) Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:39 am

Teller

Teller

I have estimated the drop of revenue and fixed expenses Vs cash flow impact. It will be a 58% hit for them . Definitely its worthy for me 2 digits share price . Lets see how the impact reports.
1. Transportation
The initial impact on the Colombo port was from the lockdown in China and subsequently
from India, given the higher reliance on transshipment volumes. The degree of impact to
overall port operations will largely depend on how regional trade will evolve post recovery.
However, the recovery of trade in China has been encouraging where we are seeing a pick-
up in Chinese vessel movement, although volumes in Colombo will also depend on trade in
India and the South Asian region.
The reduction in global trade activity and vessel movements is expected to impact the
Bunkering business in the short term. The near term risk to the business is the possible
negative impact on oil prices despite prices falling drastically over the last one and a half
months and the extreme volatility of prices. The business will carefully assess the outlook
for oil prices when placing new orders given the lead time of 2-3 weeks for delivery of cargo.
2. Leisure
Given that there are no tourists arrivals to both Sri Lanka and the Maldives, operations of
the City Hotels and the Resorts have been suspended, thereby saving on certain fixed
overheads and other expenses. Depending on Government directives to ease restrictions,
the hotels can re-commence operations within a week although business is not expected to
pick up sharply in the short term due to stringent social distancing guidelines which are
likely to be in place.Given the high degree of correlation between global economic and tourism recovery with
the performance of the industry, and given the dependency on multiple source markets, the
Group expects the Leisure industry group to be significantly impacted in the short to
medium term. The Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority has initiated a post COVID-
19 action plan to revive the tourism sector.
3. Consumer Foods
Volumes across the beverage, frozen confectionery and convenience foods markets has
declined sharply due to the imposition of curfew and restrictions in movement.
Manufacturing activities have commenced gradually with priority being the health and
safety measures of staff and the manufacturing facilities. The Group expects volumes to
improve with the lifting of the curfew, while the outlook beyond that will depend on the
impact on the overall economy and resultant impacts on consumer spend.
4. Retail
Supermarket services are classified as an essential service by the Government. However,
operations have been largely limited to delivery only, although outlets open when curfew
restrictions are eased. Revenue is negatively impacted in the immediate term as most of
our outlets are located in high-risk districts and remain closed to the public although this
is expected to change from the 4th of May 2020 given the current announcement by the
Government. While outlets will be opened once restrictions are eased, we expect to
continuously ramp up our capability in serving our customers through online delivery
platforms. Outlets which are open to customers will adhere to the new safety guideline
issued by government and health authorities.
5. Property
The impact to the Property industry group earnings is relatively less in the short to medium
term as revenue recognition was mainly from the Tri-Zen residential development project,
which is still at early stages of construction. The construction sites of both Tri-Zen and
Cinnamon Life remain closed as at date since the imposition of curfew.
Cinnamon Life witnessed delays in shipments since February mainly due to the shutdown
of factories in China. However, we now note a gradual recovery in the arrival of materials
with China opening up. The business is working closely with the contractor to understand
the impact on the overall project to manage resources and deliverables. The Group expects
sales momentum to be impacted by subdued consumer sentiment and discretionary
spending. The funding of Cinnamon Life is in place with the unutilized component of the
committed syndicated loan facility and availability of funds earmarked for the project at the
parent company level.
6. Financial Services
Both the banking and insurance sectors are classified as essential services. A key focus of
the Banking sector will be to manage liquidity, particularly given the debt moratorium
announced by the Central Bank, where businesses can apply for eligibility before 30th April
The Insurance business has also witnessed a disruption to underwriting of new business
and collections. The Insurance regulator announced an extension for payment of renewal
premiums which has impacted collections in the short term. It is expected that business
volumes will improve with the lifting of the curfew, while there will be a renewed focus on
the transformation to digital platforms and other online methods of carrying out the
business, particularly with regard to improving renewals and pursuing new policies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum