HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR TILE AND CERAMIC SECTOR
EXPORT SECTOR LAND AND PROPERTY SECTOR TELECOMMUNICATION SECTOR
TRADING SECTOR DIVERSIFIED HOLDINGS SECTOR
DDIALOG AXIATA PLC
HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC
HVA FOODS PLC
JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot
JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC
LANKEM CEYLON PLC
LAUGFS GAS PLC
NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC
NESTLE LANKA PLC
PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC
ROYAL CERAMICS PLC
SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC
TESS AGRO PLC
VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot
Good one faz1,@faz1 wrote:Hi sssmax
If you are new to the Stock Market, firstly I'd like to welcome you!
So you have entered to the market at the right time.
In order to survive and make some profits you must learn some very important things about the share market. I will just give you some hints first.
1. You must understand that you have entered into a 'High Risk - High Return' business.
2. When you invest some money in this one, be prepared to keep the money in your trading account for at least more than one year. If you have any other plans to take the money back in the next few months, you shall not put your money in the share market.
3. Request the Broker to give you the Online Trading facility immediately. Some fellows will say that you must have at least Rs.200,000 in your trading account for that. So just find another broker who is happy to give you online access even if you put a little money in the account.
4. Do Not allow the broker to take the total control over your account!
5. You may trust them but make sure to verify because some people might mislead you.
6. Do your own research
7. Go to the Colombo Stock Exchange site (www.cse.lk), there are around 300 companies out there. From that list , just select 5 to 10 companies , according to your investment amount and as per your personal values. After that you can further shortlist.
Buying some shares means you are becoming a stakeholder of that business.
8. Learn how to read the Financial Reports and evaluate the stock. Specially learn about the Net Asset Value, Price/Earning ratio, Price to Book Value, etc.
9. In the Youtube, you can find many videos on these topics.
10. Prepare a spreadsheet and keep a record of all your trades.
Also prepare another sheet for your target buy & sell prices and stop-loss price etc., before you buy the shares.
11. Must admit that we cannot catch all the winning trades but the important thing is we should be able to grab at least a few of those winning ones.
I think this is enough for now.
All the best!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum