listed below few manufacturing companies that may be affected as a result of this situation.
- All Manufacturing sector companies
- Ceramic and porcelain manufacturing companies.. Lanka ceramics, Royal ceramics, Dankotuwa and Fernwood
- Aluminum Extrusion business. Alumex
- Hydro power plants will not be able to run at full capacity. Valiable power
- Garment and textile Manufacturers . Hayleys, Pugoda
- Agriculture sector will suffer due to shortage of water.
Across the board all companies are likely to suffer as a result of power cuts. Corporate earning will be down this quarter. ASI 5000 is imminent.
Further government would require additional diesel and coal to operate thermal and coal power plants which is likely to depreciate the rupee further. US$ Exchange rate of LKR 200/= is not far.
Tighten your belt, but all are likely to lose their trousers, underwear and the shirts..