Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Contribute
Submit Post

Latest topics

» Poultry Sector
by bhanu Today at 5:57 pm

» EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000)
by Chanaka303 Today at 5:06 pm

» TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC (TKYO.X0000)
by Cliff777 Today at 3:33 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL.N0000)
by Eng Krishantha Today at 3:16 pm

» BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)
by Ekanayake90 Today at 3:14 pm

» ගොන් බූරු සජී පුතානෝ......................
by Teller Today at 2:48 pm

» Plantation Sector
by Miss-Sangeetha Today at 1:46 pm

» TEEJAY LANKA PLC (TJL.N0000)
by npgslnawa Today at 12:58 pm

» ASPI should come down by 368 points
by Avon Today at 11:35 am

» MTD WALKERS PLC (KAPI.N0000)
by Teller Today at 11:08 am

» ආයෝජනයට හොඳම රට බවට ශ්‍රී ලංකාව පත්කිරීම තම අභිප්‍රාය බව ජනපති පවසයි
by Teller Today at 10:55 am

» DOCK DEAL AT 65 TOMORROW, DOCK MAY BE VERY HOT..
by roshan1039 Today at 10:24 am

» COLO and DOCK Moving to 100
by npgslnawa Today at 12:37 am

» ණය අයකර ගැනීම වසර තුනකට අත්හිටුවන්න
by npgslnawa Today at 12:25 am

» Sri Lanka to enter into MoU with India to upgrade Jaffna International Airport
by KavinduTM Yesterday at 11:26 pm

» B P P L HOLDINGS PLC (BPPL.N0000)
by KavinduTM Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC (BLI.N0000)
by Teller Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC (OSEA.N000)
by KavinduTM Yesterday at 2:07 pm

» Sri Lankan scientists claim possible preventive novel coronavirus treatment
by KavinduTM Yesterday at 1:59 pm

» Sri Lanka airport’s US$500mn expansion deal won by Japan’s Taisei
by KavinduTM Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» Policy Rates on hold on the road to recovery
by Quibit Yesterday at 12:48 pm

» STRATEGY REPORT 2020
by Quibit Yesterday at 12:43 pm

» Flawed rationale behind EPF re-entering the stock market
by ThilinaM Yesterday at 12:28 pm

POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

Advertise

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » Sri Lanka’s Commercial Bank rejects rating revision by Fitch

Sri Lanka’s Commercial Bank rejects rating revision by Fitch

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Kipling


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Comments from Ms.Page from FT.
To my simple mind this shows there is a considerable foreign interest.
Post GE, GR bold policies will be launched. All of us will be surprised. Recall the following 2 statements.
When MR said in 2005 that he will sweep out terroism many asked the brand of the broom.
When he said I will rebuild economy many asked whether he had Aladdin Magic lamp.
I have faith in GR. May SL race to prosperity.

We didn’t do a global roadshow on JKH stake but the market got wind of it and there were several inquiries. Locally too there was interest. All those for were smaller parcels instead of the entirety,” said the Singapore-based Page though declining to be specific. 


The fact that Citig-roup Global Markets Ltd., Agency Trading Prop Securities A/C picked up the big block in full reflects the confidence on JKH and in Sri Lanka. In that context the transaction is a big boost,” said Page who has been promoting equity investments into Sri Lanka for several decades. 

She opined that the Colombo stock market had been oversold and valuations are attractive going forward. 

“I believe foreign investor interest will gather momentum post General Elections. Post Presidential Poll, signs have been encouraging,” Page added.

Teller


Moderator
Moderator
As rupee has been predicted to touch 195.50 against USD, foreign interest to CSE is critical .

KavinduTM


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Kipling wrote:Comments from Ms.Page from FT.
To my simple mind this shows there is a considerable foreign interest.
Post GE, GR bold policies will be launched. All of us will be surprised. Recall the following 2 statements.
When MR said in 2005 that he will sweep out terroism many asked the brand of the broom.
When he said I will rebuild economy many asked whether he had Aladdin Magic lamp.
I have faith in GR. May SL race to prosperity.

We didn’t do a global roadshow on JKH stake but the market got wind of it and there were several inquiries. Locally too there was interest. All those for were smaller parcels instead of the entirety,” said the Singapore-based Page though declining to be specific. 


The fact that Citig-roup Global Markets Ltd., Agency Trading Prop Securities A/C picked up the big block in full reflects the confidence on JKH and in Sri Lanka. In that context the transaction is a big boost,” said Page who has been promoting equity investments into Sri Lanka for several decades. 

She opined that the Colombo stock market had been oversold and valuations are attractive going forward. 

“I believe foreign investor interest will gather momentum post General Elections. Post Presidential Poll, signs have been encouraging,” Page added.

Yeah i agree. Haters will hate till the job done and later they will say "We knew that"
Ye i also believe in them.
Hail to our pearl of the Indian ocean!

Teller


Moderator
Moderator
Sri lanka rupee prediction to 195+ with in a year
https://walletinvestor.com/forex-forecast/usd-lkr-prediction

Imagine how foreigners will loose



Last edited by Teller on Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Teller


Moderator
Moderator
At Walletinvestor.com we predict future values with technical analysis for wide selection of Forex currency pairs like USD/LKR. If you are looking for Forex pairs with good return, USDLKR can be a profitable investment option. USD/LKR rate equal to 181.611 at 2020-01-25 (today's range: 181.611000 - 181.611000). Based on our forecasts, a long-term increase is expected, the Forex rate prognosis for 2025-01-17 is 251.261. With a 5-year investment, the revenue is expected to be around +38.35%. Your current $100 investment may be up to $138.35 in 2025.

Kipling


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Teller is not known. Page is with a proven track record. Better to trust her view on foreign interest than those with dubious & anti SL motivation.

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Teller wrote:At Walletinvestor.com we predict future values with technical analysis for wide selection of Forex currency pairs like USD/LKR. If you are looking for Forex pairs with good return, USDLKR can be a profitable investment option. USD/LKR rate equal to 181.611 at 2020-01-25 (today's range: 181.611000 - 181.611000). Based on our forecasts, a long-term increase is expected, the Forex rate prognosis for 2025-01-17 is 251.261. With a 5-year investment, the revenue is expected to be around +38.35%. Your current $100 investment may be up to $138.35 in 2025.

Wth 250 is impossible. Their predictions are not wrong at all with the last 5 years acceleration. But governments changed. We can't expect such a bad economy from GR gov.Same happened in last 5 years (more than 30% gain if someone invested in dollars) . But UNP is no more. People may keep that on mind.

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Teller wrote:At Walletinvestor.com we predict future values with technical analysis for wide selection of Forex currency pairs like USD/LKR. If you are looking for Forex pairs with good return, USDLKR can be a profitable investment option. USD/LKR rate equal to 181.611 at 2020-01-25 (today's range: 181.611000 - 181.611000). Based on our forecasts, a long-term increase is expected, the Forex rate prognosis for 2025-01-17 is 251.261. With a 5-year investment, the revenue is expected to be around +38.35%. Your current $100 investment may be up to $138.35 in 2025.
 
However those technical bots doesn't give a damn about rupee depreciation. They are just using charts. According to last 5 years , their predictions are not wrong. But now it will be totally different. People will lose who is investing in USD/LKR

Teller

Teller
Moderator
Moderator

No, kavindu , their predictions are correct . Mostly 90%


_________________




Teller said is said..

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Teller wrote:
No, kavindu , their predictions are correct . Mostly 90%
 Ah is it? , Fine then this time it is one of that 10%  Very Happy

NANDANA2012


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Teller wrote:As rupee has been predicted to touch 195.50 against USD, foreign interest to CSE is critical .
Yes if Rupee get depreciated, God bless CSE... But i think Govt will try to do something or another to avoid it.. Tourism may help.. also some chinese loans..In anycase not sound practice to keep rates artificially high, then somewhere else bursts..

Main issue going to be High Govt spending. With loss making GOvt enterprises and BIG govt staff, Sri Lanka never going to take off properly and develop even if Hercules there...

Teller

Teller
Moderator
Moderator
My calculations never gone wrong. Intelligent investors should exit if they are in profit,also away from buying . You can buy back later. I dont want to repeat same thing.good luck


_________________




Teller said is said..

Kipling


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
We listen to people with a track record like Ms Page.
Isis & Diaspora agenda will fail.

Teller

Teller
Moderator
Moderator
No need to listen me, wait and see the result.


_________________




Teller said is said..

Kipling


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Teller= Maharaja Very Happy

NANDANA2012


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Teller wrote:My calculations never gone wrong. Intelligent investors should exit if they are in profit,also away from buying . You can buy back later. I dont want to repeat same thing.good luck
Teller, can u just clarify why market will go down and how much ?

Teller

Teller
Moderator
Moderator
Explanations are useless with brainless people . Remember i predicted fitch and other 2 downgrades prior to any one. I predicted 2 months before. Thats called Analysis. Market will be flat and exist around 5700 based on scatters


_________________




Teller said is said..

Kipling


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
The Opinion Of a Brainless Person whose net worth & record Teller will match in 1000 births Very Happy


She opined that the Colombo stock market had been oversold and valuations are attractive going forward. 
“I believe foreign investor interest will gather momentum post General Elections. Post Presidential Poll, signs have been encouraging,” Page added.

NANDANA2012


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Teller wrote:Explanations are useless with brainless people . Remember i predicted fitch and other 2 downgrades prior to any one. I predicted 2 months before. Thats called Analysis. Market will be flat and exist around 5700 based on scatters
Credit downgrades are usual when credit risk increases. When tax were cut, they expect Govt income to go down and according to economic books they have to the credit downgrade.. It was expected anyway...But these credit agencies are not Gods.they are not perfect... They cant see all aspects of an economy... Govt can increase revenue from other means, specially if business activity goes up..Can cut down expenditure.. Then ultimately effect could be nil or plus,,,

Teller

Teller
Moderator
Moderator
@Nandana, these agencies opinion has international recognizing . So most of the international investors will follow them. They are operating whole over the world.


_________________




Teller said is said..

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@NANDANA2012 wrote:
@Teller wrote:Explanations are useless with brainless people . Remember i predicted fitch and other 2 downgrades prior to any one. I predicted 2 months before. Thats called Analysis. Market will be flat and exist around 5700 based on scatters
Credit downgrades are usual when credit risk increases. When tax were cut, they expect Govt income to go down and according to economic books they have to the credit downgrade.. It was expected anyway...But these credit agencies are not Gods.they are not perfect... They cant see all aspects of an economy... Govt can increase revenue from other means, specially if business activity goes up..Can cut down expenditure.. Then ultimately effect could be nil or plus,,,

Yeah totally agree @Nandana +

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum