Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Contribute
Submit Post

Submit Post

Latest topics

» Shares to Buy
by ColomboCSE Yesterday at 10:01 pm

» HEXP, REG, SINS Dividend
by glad Yesterday at 9:52 pm

» P L A N T A T I O N ....
by sahan8896 Yesterday at 9:42 pm

» Good Positive sign for CSE
by Rational Investor Yesterday at 9:28 pm

» Market likely to begin its downward trend soon!
by kalu351 Yesterday at 7:22 pm

» HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC
by BullsVSbears Yesterday at 5:02 pm

» COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC (COMB.N0000)
by Sanju121 Yesterday at 4:51 pm

» JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000)
by Sanju121 Yesterday at 4:51 pm

» Re: LEASE AND PURCHASE BG/SBLC WITH MONETIZATION AT LOWEST RATE
by Reliablefinance Yesterday at 4:20 pm

» Thank you Admin
by Equityinvestor Yesterday at 1:57 pm

» Sri Lanka's oldest Finance company is sleeping or awake In collection games and deals we need to start at the start -
by mahasona2 Yesterday at 12:37 am

» INDUSTRIAL ASPHALTS (CEYLON) PLC (ASPH.N0000)
by engineer Thu May 28, 2020 11:09 pm

» How about RCL?
by hanuma Thu May 28, 2020 11:08 pm

» LOLC deal closed!
by Cricketman Thu May 28, 2020 10:46 pm

» DIALOG AXIATA PLC (DIAL.N0000)
by bhanu Thu May 28, 2020 7:46 pm

» What will happen tomorrow?
by bhanu Thu May 28, 2020 7:32 pm

» Access Engineering first quarter results to be hit by COVID-19 impact.
by Sanju121 Thu May 28, 2020 5:36 pm

» We have to be very careful and should learn lessons and invest
by wallstreetguy Thu May 28, 2020 5:12 pm

» Is the market working or broken today?
by wallstreetguy Thu May 28, 2020 5:06 pm

» Suggested revival plan for Sri Lanka’s economy in post-COVID-19 era
by Quibit Thu May 28, 2020 1:05 pm

» Sri Lanka Equity new Mobile Interface
by Quibit Thu May 28, 2020 11:05 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by Teller Wed May 27, 2020 10:26 pm

» Teller Live on Youtube
by Teller Wed May 27, 2020 10:24 pm

» REEF Group shares
by player Wed May 27, 2020 5:52 pm

» CSE Trading to continue until 2.30 PM
by Sanju121 Wed May 27, 2020 2:26 pm

» කොටස් වෙළෙඳපොළ ආයෝජනය- හඳුන්වාදීමේ වැඩමුළුව
by Soilconomy Tue May 26, 2020 9:28 am

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

Who is online?
In total there are 113 users online :: 7 Registered, 0 Hidden and 106 Guests

ANTON1234, Eranga87, kumarweerarathne, nihal123, Promoney, Rational Investor, rmark

Most users ever online was 541 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:29 am
Statistics
We have 22767 registered users
The newest registered user is nobileprize

Our users have posted a total of 350289 messages in 52079 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » SEC to take measures to support the stock market

SEC to take measures to support the stock market

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chandike73

chandike73
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
http://bizenglish.adaderana.lk/sec-to-take-measures-to-support-the-stock-market/

The Members of the Commission of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Sri Lanka (SEC) convened a special meeting Wednesday (11th March 2020) to assess the current situation in the stock market and determine what regulatory relief and assistance was needed to manage the impact arising from the global stock market downturn due to the panic triggered by the escalation of the Covid-19 outbreak. Mr. Viraj Dayaratne, PC, Chairman, SEC, Mr. Chinthaka Mendis, Director General, SEC along with Commissioners Mr. Manil Jayesinghe, Mr. H. A. Karunaratne, Mr. Priyantha Ratnayake, Mr. Naresh Abeysekera and Mr. Rajeeva Bandaranaike, Chief Executive Officer, Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE) participated at this meeting.

After the said meeting, the Chairman, the Director General, and other senior officials of the SEC held discussions with the Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) of stockbroker firms to obtain their views with regard to the present situation in the stock market and requested them to forward their suggestions to the SEC promptly.

The CEOs of Stockbroker firms were optimistic that the Colombo Stock Market will bounce back strongly since the downturn was due to a global phenomenon. They also expressed the view that there is scope for investors in the Sri Lankan market due to the attractive valuation our market offers

Quibit

Quibit
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Close down the stock market for 1 month.

nigma


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
හරියටම හරි... general election එක ඉවර වෙනකම් වසා දැමිය යුතුය...

Quibit

Quibit
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@chandike73 wrote:http://bizenglish.adaderana.lk/sec-to-take-measures-to-support-the-stock-market/

The Members of the Commission of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Sri Lanka (SEC) convened a special meeting  Wednesday (11th March 2020) to assess the current situation in the stock market and determine what regulatory relief and assistance was needed to manage the impact arising from the global stock market downturn due to the panic triggered by the escalation of the Covid-19 outbreak. Mr. Viraj Dayaratne, PC, Chairman, SEC, Mr. Chinthaka Mendis, Director General, SEC along with Commissioners Mr. Manil Jayesinghe, Mr. H. A. Karunaratne, Mr. Priyantha Ratnayake, Mr. Naresh Abeysekera and Mr. Rajeeva Bandaranaike, Chief Executive Officer, Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE) participated at this meeting.

After the said meeting, the Chairman, the Director General, and other senior officials of the SEC held discussions with the Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) of stockbroker firms to obtain their views with regard to the present situation in the stock market and requested them to forward their suggestions to the SEC promptly.

The CEOs of Stockbroker firms were optimistic that the Colombo Stock Market will bounce back strongly since the downturn was due to a global phenomenon. They also expressed the view that there is scope for investors in the Sri Lankan market due to the attractive valuation our market offers


"The CEOs of Stockbroker firms were optimistic that the Colombo Stock Market will bounce back strongly since the downturn was due to a global phenomenon. They also expressed the view that there is scope for investors in the Sri Lankan market due to the attractive valuation our market offers" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

NO STEPS HAVE BEEN TAKEN SO FAR OTHER THAN HALTING THE MARKET. BROKERS ARE JUST TRYING TO FOOL THE INVESTORS AND SEC AS USUAL.

NANDANA2012


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Now its a panic.. Not informed decisions.. Corona do not require this big downturn.. Overall 5% should have been fine for a market which was highly undervalued..Closing the market is good for all - economy and retailers.

ChooBoy


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@NANDANA2012 wrote:Now its a panic.. Not informed decisions.. Corona do not require this big downturn.. Overall 5% should have been fine for a market which was highly undervalued..Closing the market is good for all - economy and retailers.
Govt declares a 3-day additional holiday (17, 18, 19)This is NOT valid for Health, Food Supply, Transport sectors, Essential Services, Banks, GA & DS offices- adaderana.lk

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@ChooBoy wrote:
@NANDANA2012 wrote:Now its a panic.. Not informed decisions.. Corona do not require this big downturn.. Overall 5% should have been fine for a market which was highly undervalued..Closing the market is good for all - economy and retailers.
Govt declares a 3-day additional holiday (17, 18, 19)This is NOT valid for Health, Food Supply, Transport sectors, Essential Services, Banks, GA & DS offices- adaderana.lk
Let them close until election.Then government can use them for election propaganda!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Quibit

Quibit
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@ChooBoy wrote:
@NANDANA2012 wrote:Now its a panic.. Not informed decisions.. Corona do not require this big downturn.. Overall 5% should have been fine for a market which was highly undervalued..Closing the market is good for all - economy and retailers.
Govt declares a 3-day additional holiday (17, 18, 19)This is NOT valid for Health, Food Supply, Transport sectors, Essential Services, Banks, GA & DS offices- adaderana.lk
Let them close until election.Then government can use them for election propaganda!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

They should have restricted trading hours.

target1


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Buy back, funds, Active investors, retailers,dividends, cash inject

anges


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
THEY DID NOTHING .........HOPE THEY WILL REDUCE THE TAXES ATLEAST

Quibit

Quibit
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Taking no action is the best action!

samaritan


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Most business sectors to be granted moratorium while the small investors of the CSE have to go to the crematorium!SEC to take measures to support the stock market Icon_sad

Teller

Teller
Moderator
Moderator
Dont believe these guys, just dramas only


_________________




Teller said is said..

anges


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
market closure seems to be the only strategy

GOSL

GOSL
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
The Securities and Exchange Commission of Sri Lanka has decided to grant a moratorium to the clients of all licensed Stock Brokers and registered Margin Providers from the payment of interest on credit extended to them, which are due during the period commencing 11th March 2020.
This is after having taking into consideration the impact caused to investors as a result of the drop in valuations of listed securities on or about 11th March 2020 .

All licensed Stock Brokers are directed to pass on the benefit they will derive from the decisions announced by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka to their clients and are directed to refrain from charging and recovering interest on credit extended to their clients until 30th June 2020.

This will be a temporary measure and the SEC Sri Lanka shall monitor and review the impact of this directive from time to time and shall reserve its right to amend, vary or repeal this directive any time before or after 30th June 2020 if deemed appropriate.

Quibit

Quibit
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@GOSL wrote:The Securities and Exchange Commission of Sri Lanka has decided to grant a moratorium to the clients of all licensed Stock Brokers and registered Margin Providers from the payment of interest on credit extended to them, which are due during the period commencing 11th March 2020.
This is after having taking into consideration the impact caused to investors as a result of the drop in valuations of listed securities on or about 11th March 2020 .

All licensed Stock Brokers are directed to pass on the benefit they will derive from the decisions announced by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka to their clients and are directed to refrain from charging and recovering interest on credit extended to their clients until 30th June 2020.

This will be a temporary measure and the SEC Sri Lanka shall monitor and review the impact of this directive from time to time and shall reserve its right to amend, vary or repeal this directive any time before or after 30th June 2020 if deemed appropriate.


Thank you. No Force Selling by the Brokers!!! Smile Smile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum