Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Contribute
Submit Post

Latest topics

» how mutch a good small trader get on average? 50% 100%
by KavinduTM Today at 9:33 am

» John Keells Holdings drags down Sri Lanka stocks
by fireshelter Today at 6:01 am

» Sri Lanka interest rates should go down, currency will not fall: Mark Mobius
by fireshelter Today at 5:56 am

» Sorry !!!!Tax cut stable gvt and trading do not go together
by Promoney Yesterday at 10:10 pm

» Make it your goal to stay positive in a negative market.
by Promoney Yesterday at 5:45 pm

» have to stop brokarage companys pump and dump (have to bring strict laws that any broker who trade go 10 years jail)
by ThilinaM Yesterday at 4:11 pm

» Pump and dump
by ThilinaM Yesterday at 3:48 pm

» ALL SHARE INDEX
by ThilinaM Yesterday at 2:59 pm

» ALLI. N game එක පටන් ගත්තා
by KavinduTM Yesterday at 2:00 pm

» Time to sell
by KavinduTM Yesterday at 1:48 pm

» Some FB friends asking what is the best broker and what is the best amount to invest
by ThilinaM Yesterday at 12:57 pm

» The past several days have been marked by trades starting to work only to reverse.
by KavinduTM Yesterday at 11:22 am

» COLO and DOCK Moving to 100
by KavinduTM Yesterday at 10:36 am

» TESS TRADING SUSPENTION...................
by Eugine Fernando Yesterday at 9:52 am

» Anyone please tell exact and deatail reason for bartleet ban???
by ThilinaM Yesterday at 9:27 am

» EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000)
by Ahcha Yesterday at 8:54 am

» UK ELECTION
by Yahapalanaya Yesterday at 8:16 am

» GENERAL ELECTION - 2020
by Yahapalanaya Yesterday at 8:12 am

» VAT REDUCE WATER BILL UP
by CITIZEN Yesterday at 2:39 am

» UK ELECTION
by CITIZEN Yesterday at 2:39 am

» තැරැව්කාර සමාගමකට එරෙහිව කොටස් වෙළෙඳපොළ විනය ක්‍රියාමාර්ග ගනී
by Teller Yesterday at 1:31 am

POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

Advertise

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » Expert Chamber » All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis

All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Empty All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:34 pm

Akalanka

Akalanka
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
I did some technical analysis on ASI and on several shares would like to share this .

At this moment we are experiencing a downturn in the CSE and ppl are tend to go for panic selling though can observe some collecting at low. so actually it seems like bearish condition ,just check with the following chart patterns with the trend ASI had

ASI up trends for two year period on daily basis

All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_1110

ASI down trends for the period of two years on daily basis

All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2210

It seems when ever a trend line is penetrated up or down there is a further continuation of the trend ,

see how the ASI changed when the down turn was reversed
All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2211


And according to the under shown graph if we identify a main trend ,now ASI is reaching back towards the trend line which may go beyond the trend line if ASI hit 6750 nearly,

All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2212


And ljust have a look at the resistance levels and supports
All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2213

It seems that ASI is having a resistance at 7500 , can be seen as it has reached double top
and had a support at 7000 , but it was broken and is tend to go down further and seems having some support at 6800 and 6600

when we examine the most resent downtrend we can observe a slight deviation from the down trend and this may be a time starting up an upward trend which may lead to the previous resistance level hitting tripple top.
All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2214

if the resistance get broken ASI can reach for a higher support level.

And when we observe the current market there were several issues which effected badly on market mostly
IPOs , Introductions, credit clearance , forced selling , panic selling ,and also massive manipulative rallies . these ralllies may lead mentality to dump shares at low profit and to catch the flying rockets,

according to the following observations i do think that there is a high potential to ASI to be green , and there should be a support from volumes too. But thing i am not sure is why the brokers get too worried about their provided credit ?? are they looking ahead of further downturn .. not sure

So i d like to have your valuable comments regarding this , i am not and expert and my profilo is also red , and this moment i m not willing to do any trading only looking forward to cut my losses as soon as possiblle until then i m thinking of creating a new profilo with sound shares which can gv profits even in a downturn..

so this is open for discussion if there are any thing wrong i ll be willingly looking forward to correct , and if some one is to give negatives plz tell me why then i can correct my beliefs. .

Thanks in advance

















Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

2All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Empty Re: All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 pm

gk

gk
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Good work thanks for sharing Smile

3All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Empty Re: All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:34 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

In september people asked whether there will be market crash due to being over bought and unsustainable PEs. Now for some counters the market got a over-correction. It is heavily oversold and RSI is in amazingly low values.

Question is how long can the market sustain at these low over sold levels without a short revival atleast.

Some people will look at bearish trends to exit market due to frustration and losses. Some will see as collection opportunities on fundamentals for long term.

Summary : The people who play their cards right will be the future winners in these conditions.

4All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Empty Data about CSE-TA image on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:05 pm

player

player
Moderator
Moderator
All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Kl10

*RSI-25.77
*Bollinger Bands-touch the lower band,prices are thought to be oversold,triggering a buy signal.
*Stochastic-both lines are in overbought regions-buy signal
*MACD-hoping blue line to crosses the red line on the way up Wink
*MFI-29.33(not close to 20(oversold),but can consider MFI to increase further)

note-all values are in default


http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=^CSE+Interactive#chart11:symbol=^cse;range=3m;indicator=bollinger+ema+stochasticfast+rsi+macd;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined

see this with MFI

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=^CSE+Interactive#chart12:symbol=^cse;range=3m;indicator=bollinger+ema+rsi+macd+mfi;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined

just posted,please comment and improve my one cent to a two cents:D

note-i love bear than bull I love you




Last edited by player on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited the cents)

5All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Empty Re: All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:51 pm

mcyi9rt4


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
aiyo i must take my money away from the mrkt this means sir ?

6All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Empty Re: All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:24 am

laki


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
k

7All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Empty Re: All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:07 pm

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin
Appreciate your hard work.
+ rep
Keep it up.
God bless you.
Have a good trade.

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

8All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Empty Re: All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis on Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:48 pm

stockanalytic

stockanalytic
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:

Question is how long can the market sustain at these low over sold levels without a short revival atleast.
Huge and continuous foreign selling is the main issue. Market is suffering from lack of money. That's why high capitalization counters are heading low without support. Institutional buying, foreign buying should come first for run of fundamentals. I have sold my fundarmentals already. (I anticipated this situation early) I am looking for foreign buying and heavy institutional buying to reenter the counters.

9All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Empty Re: All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:13 pm

pathfinder

pathfinder
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Akalanka-thank you very much for sharing your hard work with us.
+rep
@Player-Appreciate your contribution
+rep
these are the kind of posts desparetly needed to the forum.need much more + reps keep it up.

10All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Empty Re: All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis on Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:55 pm

laki


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
ELA

11All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Empty Re: All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis on Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:49 pm

pathfinder

pathfinder
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
yet to see +reps for them,come on guys learn to appreciate others work.

12All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Empty Re: All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis on Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:11 pm

ShareShares


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@stockanalytic wrote:
@slstock wrote:

Question is how long can the market sustain at these low over sold levels without a short revival atleast.
Huge and continuous foreign selling is the main issue. Market is suffering from lack of money. That's why high capitalization counters are heading low without support. Institutional buying, foreign buying should come first for run of fundamentals. I have sold my fundarmentals already. (I anticipated this situation early) I am looking for foreign buying and heavy institutional buying to reenter the counters.


http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/09/22/7900428-stocks-sell-off-sparked-by-global-recession-worries



Stocks sell-off sparked by global recession worriesBy Patrick Rizzo
The Fed does the twist. Stocks tumble.

Stock markets around the world slumped Thursday after the Federal Reserve offered a gloomy assessment of the economy which raised anxiety that a global recession was coming.

Just before midday, the Dow Jones industrial average was down almost 350 points, or more than 3 percent. The broader S&P 500 and the Nasdaq also were down more than 2 percent.

The rout began on Wall Street Wednesday after the Fed announced it would be attempting to boost the economy by migrating its Treasury holdings to longer-term securities from shorter-term debt, a move dubbed "Operation Twist" that was first used, to mixed results, 50 years ago.




-- This may be a temporary effect, stocks can pick up again. --

13All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Empty Re: All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis on Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:28 am

ShareShares


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Akalanka wrote: I did some technical analysis on ASI and on several shares would like to share this .

At this moment we are experiencing a downturn in the CSE and ppl are tend to go for panic selling though can observe some collecting at low. so actually it seems like bearish condition ,just check with the following chart patterns with the trend ASI had

ASI up trends for two year period on daily basis

All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_1110

ASI down trends for the period of two years on daily basis

All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2210

It seems when ever a trend line is penetrated up or down there is a further continuation of the trend ,

see how the ASI changed when the down turn was reversed
All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2211


And according to the under shown graph if we identify a main trend ,now ASI is reaching back towards the trend line which may go beyond the trend line if ASI hit 6750 nearly,

All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2212


And ljust have a look at the resistance levels and supports
All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2213

It seems that ASI is having a resistance at 7500 , can be seen as it has reached double top
and had a support at 7000 , but it was broken and is tend to go down further and seems having some support at 6800 and 6600

when we examine the most resent downtrend we can observe a slight deviation from the down trend and this may be a time starting up an upward trend which may lead to the previous resistance level hitting tripple top.
All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2214

if the resistance get broken ASI can reach for a higher support level.

And when we observe the current market there were several issues which effected badly on market mostly
IPOs , Introductions, credit clearance , forced selling , panic selling ,and also massive manipulative rallies . these ralllies may lead mentality to dump shares at low profit and to catch the flying rockets,

according to the following observations i do think that there is a high potential to ASI to be green , and there should be a support from volumes too. But thing i am not sure is why the brokers get too worried about their provided credit ?? are they looking ahead of further downturn .. not sure

So i d like to have your valuable comments regarding this , i am not and expert and my profilo is also red , and this moment i m not willing to do any trading only looking forward to cut my losses as soon as possiblle until then i m thinking of creating a new profilo with sound shares which can gv profits even in a downturn..

so this is open for discussion if there are any thing wrong i ll be willingly looking forward to correct , and if some one is to give negatives plz tell me why then i can correct my beliefs. .

Thanks in advance

















Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy



http://atlantismarketingsystems.com/stock-market-indices/sp-500-index-market-crash-down-4-42-as-market-turmoil-continues/

14All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Empty Re: All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis on Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:57 am

Aamiable


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:
In september people asked whether there will be market crash due to being over bought and unsustainable PEs. Now for some counters the market got a over-correction. It is heavily oversold and RSI is in amazingly low values.

Question is how long can the market sustain at these low over sold levels without a short revival atleast.

Some people will look at bearish trends to exit market due to frustration and losses. Some will see as collection opportunities on fundamentals for long term.

Summary : The people who play their cards right will be the future winners in these conditions.



global market crash in September 2011 does not seem to have an impact on SL economy...no need to panic...

15All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Empty Re: All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:46 am

Sstar

Sstar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Past trends is a refection of the future trend.s

16All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Empty Re: All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis on Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:44 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert
@Akalanka wrote:    I did some technical analysis on ASI and on several shares would like to share this .

   At this moment we are experiencing a downturn in the CSE and ppl are tend to go for panic selling though can observe some collecting at low. so actually it seems like bearish condition ,just check with the following chart patterns with the trend ASI had

ASI up trends for two year period on daily basis

All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_1110

ASI down trends for the period of two years on daily basis

All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2210

 It seems when ever a trend line is penetrated up or down there is a further continuation of the trend ,

see how the ASI changed when the down turn was reversed
All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2211


 And according to the under shown graph if we identify a main trend ,now ASI is reaching back towards the trend line which may go beyond the trend line if ASI hit 6750 nearly,

All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2212


And ljust have a look at the resistance levels and supports
All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2213

It seems that ASI is having a resistance at 7500 , can be seen as it has reached double top
and had a support at 7000 , but it was broken and is tend to go down further  and seems having some support at 6800 and 6600

 when we examine the most resent downtrend we can observe a slight deviation from the down trend and this may be a time starting up an upward trend which may lead to the previous resistance level hitting tripple top.
All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Asi_2214
 
  if the resistance get broken ASI can reach for a higher support level.

And when we observe the current market there were several issues which effected badly on market mostly
 IPOs , Introductions, credit clearance , forced selling , panic selling ,and also massive manipulative rallies .   these ralllies may lead mentality to dump shares at low profit and to catch the flying rockets,

   according to the following observations i do think that there is a high potential to ASI to be green , and there should be a support from volumes too.  But thing i am not sure is why the brokers get too worried about their provided credit ??  are they looking ahead of further downturn .. not sure

   So i d like to have your valuable comments regarding this , i am not and expert and my profilo is also red , and this moment i m not willing to do any trading only looking forward to cut my losses as soon as possiblle until then i m thinking of creating a new profilo with sound shares which can gv profits even in a downturn..

so this is open for discussion if there are any thing wrong i ll be willingly looking forward to correct ,  and if some one is to give negatives plz tell me why then i can correct my beliefs. .

 Thanks in advance
 
   
Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
A very precise Chart back in 2011

17All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis Empty Re: All Share Index (ASI) and Trend Analysis on Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:48 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert
Since 2011 Akalanka, You had done about 179 Posts what happenned and where were you all this while, you little GEM.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum