FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» Misuse of government property by Royal Colombo Golf Club
by ChooBoy Today at 12:52 pm

» SL Cauvery and Mannar Basins Petroleum Resource Data Revealed
by samaritan Today at 12:00 pm

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Today at 10:39 am

» Container shipping stocks routed
by target1 Yesterday at 1:32 pm

» Supply Chain Latest: Ocean Freight Rates Are Falling
by target1 Yesterday at 1:26 pm

» Turkish ship leaves Ukraine's Mariupol after grain talks with Moscow
by target1 Yesterday at 11:29 am

» This week's CBOT corn, soy freefalls hard to match in recent years
by target1 Yesterday at 9:57 am

» Positive news to boost market sentiment
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:52 am

» Maharaja at IMF meeting
by Maharaja Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:35 pm

» Why no power cuts in certain areas of Colombo?
by samaritan Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:44 pm

» India assures fullest support to Sri Lanka as a close friend
by samaritan Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:17 pm

» SINS, SAMP, COMB, PARQ, ALUMEX and AEL - are they good shares to start collecting now?
by surfjj Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:25 pm

» Learn how a fixed exchange rate system can be used to reduce inflation.
by target1 Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:35 pm

» Debt Crisis: Sri Lanka Vs Argentine
by CHRONICLE™ Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:17 am

» Sri Lanka in state of panic 1 month after sovereign default
by reyaz Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:23 pm

» Financial stability - we are at the crossroads.
by sheildskye Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:17 pm

» Shrinkflation: Is it ethical?
by sheildskye Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:05 pm

» Banking bullish billionaire Ishara expands footprint
by samaritan Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:58 am

» SL hopes to finalize a staff level program with IMF soon-RW
by samaritan Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:48 am

» Sri Lanka Stock Market heading toward ASPI 4500
by samaritan Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:29 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Blue Chip Companies

Blue Chip Companies

+40
ravindu93
FLOWER2
smayadunne
sriranga
Humble
VISA
sandunj
bullrun
Harry82
Redbulls
stocks hunter
rainmaker
raptor
traderathome
smallville
Market Sucker
Antonym
Whitebull
Dileepa
Rizmi
NewInvestor
wgsaman
econ
manula
raa
suja
wsaman
K.Haputantri
chamith
ccsentha
ISURU
Aamiable
Hiru
Marketinvest
a_randy
StocksWatch
early
ShareShares
ssuni
sameeramlc
44 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:03 pm

rainmaker


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

To bet 10% of the fund (186 million pounds) in lankan equities requires serious Basketball if you get what I mean. Especially after burning your fingers on PAP.

The composition larger than the lankan one is cash (15%) and HK securities (20%),

52Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:06 pm

raptor


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

I did notice the 10%, same as China and only smaller than HK. Wonder what else they have their fingers in. They have c.25% of their LK allocation in JKH, bet the rest is in Banks and maybe a punt at PLC.

Anyway to see their previous reports?

53Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Foreigners are purchasing Blue Chips Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:44 pm

stocks hunter


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

If u take last couple of weeks foreigners were very busy in purchasing most valuable shares in the mkt. To name JKH,SAMP,HNB,COMB,LLUB,VONE,NDB etc.

We are talking nonsense about Gold drama, Right issues, over valuations, economic issues, Godahewa fiasco, Dr.senthrivel etc, etc. But nobody notice the bargain prices of these shares. Just see the foreign purchases list.

When are we going to learn this?

54Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:51 pm

Redbulls


Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Even we were talking about top 20 billionaire list also.

55Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:07 pm

Harry82


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

today they bought SAMP, JKH

56Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:07 pm

bullrun

bullrun
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

stocks hunter wrote:If u take last couple of weeks foreigners were very busy in purchasing most valuable shares in the mkt. To name JKH,SAMP,HNB,COMB,LLUB,VONE,NDB etc.

We are talking nonsense about Gold drama, Right issues, over valuations, economic issues, Godahewa fiasco, Dr.senthrivel etc, etc. But nobody notice the bargain prices of these shares. Just see the foreign purchases list.

When are we going to learn this?

Add; 1. Rajapaksha Brothers, Government inability, malpractices too.

57Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:10 pm

bullrun

bullrun
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

By the way can anybody provide the details of purchases made by foreigners recently.

58Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:12 pm

sandunj


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

After some days may be weeks today we can see a net foreign inflow and I feel it will be a good sign... What do you think guys?

59Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:18 pm

bullrun

bullrun
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

sandunj wrote:After some days may be weeks today we can see a net foreign inflow and I feel it will be a good sign... What do you think guys?

If my memory is correct almost everyday we had net inflow! Up to now we have received more than 15 bln net inflow!

60Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:30 pm

sandunj


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

bullrun wrote:
sandunj wrote:After some days may be weeks today we can see a net foreign inflow and I feel it will be a good sign... What do you think guys?

If my memory is correct almost everyday we had net inflow! Up to  now we have received more than 15 bln net inflow!

Bull
I meant last few days, I don't think foreigners were active in the market. There were very thin volumes traded and less turnovers in recent... But today they were active but not like one or two month back... But active and gave some oxygen to very slow and low market...

61Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:41 pm

VISA


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Is these chinese this quick? Can't be ?

http://www.lbt.lk/news/business/4942-china-highland-capital-management-to-enter-sri-lanka

62Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:44 pm

Humble


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

stocks hunter wrote:If u take last couple of weeks foreigners were very busy in purchasing most valuable shares in the mkt. To name JKH,SAMP,HNB,COMB,LLUB,VONE,NDB etc.

We are talking nonsense about Gold drama, Right issues, over valuations, economic issues, Godahewa fiasco, Dr.senthrivel etc, etc. But nobody notice the bargain prices of these shares. Just see the foreign purchases list.

When are we going to learn this?

Now is the time to collect! COMB, CSD, TJL, NDB, LLUB, JKH - best 6 shares to buy!

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

Despite bearish local sentiments in the Colombo Bourse, it has drawn over Rs. 600 million in net foreign inflow this week. Yesterday’s inflow was Rs. 420.5 million whilst on Monday it amounted to Rs. 260.4 million. The year-to-date inflow once again moved back to Rs. 16 billion mark finishing at Rs. 16.3 billion yesterday.
Foreigners have been focusing on blue chips such as JKH, Dialog and select banking stock.
http://www.ft.lk/2013/07/17/over-rs-600-m-net-foreign-inflows-in-two-days/

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

64Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:17 pm

smayadunne


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Actually,

Does Sri Lanka Have Blue chip companies when compare with other counties ?

65Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:30 pm

FLOWER2

FLOWER2
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Few weeks ago I posted my possible high performers as follows.. There are some blue chips. Hoping to do more research on few more stocks before doing anything and building portfolio.

Banking and Finance

COMB, DFCC, CFIN, MBSL, PLC and PMB

Food and Beverages

TAFL, DIST, BFL, TSML, CTEA, RAL

Plantations

TPL, MASK, BOPL, MPRH, UDPL, MADU and BALA

Motors

UML

Construction and Engineering

DOCK

Chemicals

CHMX, HAYC, CIC

Diversify

SPEN, JFIN, SUN, SHL, FLCH

Hotels

AHUN, CHOT

Footwear and Textiles

MGT

Trading

CTBL, RWSL, SINS

Healthcare

LHCL, ASIR

Power and Energy

LGL,VPEL

Telecom

SLTL

Manufacturing

GRAN, REXP, REG, KCAB,SIRA

66Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Blue Chip Companies Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:54 am

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

What are the top blue chip companies in the market?

67Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:58 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp
Moderator
Moderator

In terms of which criterion you are referring into? Liquidity, dividend, profitability, price appreciation, etc? There are lot of areas for this question to look at.

68Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:13 pm

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

In terms of long term profitability (say in 3 years)?. Good dividends is an added benefit.

69Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:26 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp
Moderator
Moderator

From financial sector I can recommend Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Centra Finance, DFCC

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance, Arpico Insurance, People Insurance

F& B - Cargills, Three Acre Farms, Cold Stores 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies, Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle

Hope this is enough for you

70Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:22 pm

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

thanks a lot my friend. your knowledge sharing is very much appreciated

71Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:22 pm

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

thanks a lot my friend. your knowledge sharing is very much appreciated

72Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:05 am

EquityChamp

EquityChamp
Moderator
Moderator

You are welcome ravindu. Once you create your portfolio let us know it. Very Happy

73Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:26 am

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

EquityChamp wrote:From financial sector I can recommend Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Centra Finance, DFCC

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance, Arpico Insurance, People Insurance

F& B - Cargills, Three Acre Farms, Cold Stores 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies, Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle

Hope this is enough for you
Any reason why you left out LFIN, Udapussalawe.
Are they not good for medium/long term?

74Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:53 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp
Moderator
Moderator

glad wrote:
EquityChamp wrote:From financial sector I can recommend Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Centra Finance, DFCC

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance, Arpico Insurance, People Insurance

F& B - Cargills, Three Acre Farms, Cold Stores 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies, Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle

Hope this is enough for you
Any reason why you left out LFIN, Udapussalawe.
Are they not good for medium/long term?
Only reason is that I thought the given list has more than enough to choose from.

75Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:26 pm

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

EquityChamp wrote:
glad wrote:
EquityChamp wrote:From financial sector I can recommend Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Centra Finance, DFCC

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance, Arpico Insurance, People Insurance

F& B - Cargills, Three Acre Farms, Cold Stores 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies, Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle

Hope this is enough for you
Any reason why you left out LFIN, Udapussalawe.
Are they not good for medium/long term?
Only reason is that I thought the given list has more than enough to choose from.
Ok, thanks. I thought you found something not good in them

76Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:39 am

Harry82

Harry82
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

In my View




financial sector I can recommend 


Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Lfin, DFCC, NDB

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance

F& B - Cargills, 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies(RCL,TILE,LWL), Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle

77Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:11 am

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

EquityChamp wrote:You are welcome ravindu. Once you create your portfolio let us know it. Very Happy
I already have HNB,COMB,RCL,TKYO.X, LLUB, CRL,AEL in my portfolio (not in big amounts though  Very Happy ) But i think CRL and AEL are not good in the long run. Specially, there are no big projects coming up in the construction sector. All the current projects were already finalized several years ago.  Thats just my view and your opinion is very much welcome. 
Also, I bought LLUB recently at 98/= Because it was at 52wk low and offer good dividends. Though the company profits declined last year hope they will get back in track soon. What are your ideas about that?

78Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:14 am

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Harry82 wrote:In my View




financial sector I can recommend 


Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Lfin, DFCC, NDB

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance

F& B - Cargills, 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies(RCL,TILE,LWL), Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle
Thanks a lot my dear friend. Right now i am stuck between DFCC and NDB. By seeing their records, NDB is better when consider about dividends i think. What is your opinion on that?

79Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:16 am

EquityChamp

EquityChamp
Moderator
Moderator

DFCC is ahead in terms of profitability and earnings growth. Decision is yours.

80Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:22 am

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

EquityChamp wrote:DFCC is ahead in terms of profitability and earnings growth. Decision is yours.
Feel both DFCC and NDB are 'on your marks' at the starting point for a dash but the starter's gun is blocked.

judecroos likes this post

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum