FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blue Chip Companies

+40
ravindu93
FLOWER2
smayadunne
sriranga
Humble
VISA
sandunj
bullrun
Harry82
Redbulls
stocks hunter
rainmaker
raptor
traderathome
smallville
Market Sucker
Antonym
Whitebull
Dileepa
Rizmi
NewInvestor
wgsaman
econ
manula
raa
suja
wsaman
K.Haputantri
chamith
ccsentha
ISURU
Aamiable
Hiru
Marketinvest
a_randy
StocksWatch
early
ShareShares
ssuni
sameeramlc
44 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:03 pm

rainmaker

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

To bet 10% of the fund (186 million pounds) in lankan equities requires serious Basketball if you get what I mean. Especially after burning your fingers on PAP.

The composition larger than the lankan one is cash (15%) and HK securities (20%),

52Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:06 pm

raptor

Manager - Equity Analytics

I did notice the 10%, same as China and only smaller than HK. Wonder what else they have their fingers in. They have c.25% of their LK allocation in JKH, bet the rest is in Banks and maybe a punt at PLC.

Anyway to see their previous reports?

53Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Foreigners are purchasing Blue Chips Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:44 pm

stocks hunter

If u take last couple of weeks foreigners were very busy in purchasing most valuable shares in the mkt. To name JKH,SAMP,HNB,COMB,LLUB,VONE,NDB etc.

We are talking nonsense about Gold drama, Right issues, over valuations, economic issues, Godahewa fiasco, Dr.senthrivel etc, etc. But nobody notice the bargain prices of these shares. Just see the foreign purchases list.

When are we going to learn this?

54Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:51 pm

Redbulls

Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Even we were talking about top 20 billionaire list also.

55Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:07 pm

Harry82

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

today they bought SAMP, JKH

56Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:07 pm

bullrun

bullrun

stocks hunter wrote:If u take last couple of weeks foreigners were very busy in purchasing most valuable shares in the mkt. To name JKH,SAMP,HNB,COMB,LLUB,VONE,NDB etc.

We are talking nonsense about Gold drama, Right issues, over valuations, economic issues, Godahewa fiasco, Dr.senthrivel etc, etc. But nobody notice the bargain prices of these shares. Just see the foreign purchases list.

Add; 1. Rajapaksha Brothers, Government inability, malpractices too.

57Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:10 pm

bullrun

bullrun

By the way can anybody provide the details of purchases made by foreigners recently.

58Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:12 pm

sandunj

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

After some days may be weeks today we can see a net foreign inflow and I feel it will be a good sign... What do you think guys?

59Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:18 pm

bullrun

bullrun

sandunj wrote:After some days may be weeks today we can see a net foreign inflow and I feel it will be a good sign... What do you think guys?

If my memory is correct almost everyday we had net inflow! Up to now we have received more than 15 bln net inflow!

60Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:30 pm

sandunj

bullrun wrote:
sandunj wrote:After some days may be weeks today we can see a net foreign inflow and I feel it will be a good sign... What do you think guys?

If my memory is correct almost everyday we had net inflow! Up to  now we have received more than 15 bln net inflow!

Bull
I meant last few days, I don't think foreigners were active in the market. There were very thin volumes traded and less turnovers in recent... But today they were active but not like one or two month back... But active and gave some oxygen to very slow and low market...

61Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:41 pm

VISA

Is these chinese this quick? Can't be ?

http://www.lbt.lk/news/business/4942-china-highland-capital-management-to-enter-sri-lanka

62Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:44 pm

Humble

stocks hunter wrote:If u take last couple of weeks foreigners were very busy in purchasing most valuable shares in the mkt. To name JKH,SAMP,HNB,COMB,LLUB,VONE,NDB etc.

Now is the time to collect! COMB, CSD, TJL, NDB, LLUB, JKH - best 6 shares to buy!

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

Despite bearish local sentiments in the Colombo Bourse, it has drawn over Rs. 600 million in net foreign inflow this week. Yesterday’s inflow was Rs. 420.5 million whilst on Monday it amounted to Rs. 260.4 million. The year-to-date inflow once again moved back to Rs. 16 billion mark finishing at Rs. 16.3 billion yesterday.
Foreigners have been focusing on blue chips such as JKH, Dialog and select banking stock.
http://www.ft.lk/2013/07/17/over-rs-600-m-net-foreign-inflows-in-two-days/

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

64Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:17 pm

smayadunne

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Actually,

Does Sri Lanka Have Blue chip companies when compare with other counties ?

65Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:30 pm

FLOWER2

FLOWER2

Few weeks ago I posted my possible high performers as follows.. There are some blue chips. Hoping to do more research on few more stocks before doing anything and building portfolio.

Banking and Finance

COMB, DFCC, CFIN, MBSL, PLC and PMB

Food and Beverages

TAFL, DIST, BFL, TSML, CTEA, RAL

Plantations

TPL, MASK, BOPL, MPRH, UDPL, MADU and BALA

Motors

UML

Construction and Engineering

DOCK

Chemicals

CHMX, HAYC, CIC

Diversify

SPEN, JFIN, SUN, SHL, FLCH

Hotels

AHUN, CHOT

Footwear and Textiles

MGT

Trading

CTBL, RWSL, SINS

Healthcare

LHCL, ASIR

Power and Energy

LGL,VPEL

Telecom

SLTL

Manufacturing

GRAN, REXP, REG, KCAB,SIRA

66Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Blue Chip Companies Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:54 am

ravindu93

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

What are the top blue chip companies in the market?

67Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:58 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

In terms of which criterion you are referring into? Liquidity, dividend, profitability, price appreciation, etc? There are lot of areas for this question to look at.

68Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:13 pm

ravindu93

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

In terms of long term profitability (say in 3 years)?. Good dividends is an added benefit.

69Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:26 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

From financial sector I can recommend Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Centra Finance, DFCC

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance, Arpico Insurance, People Insurance

F& B - Cargills, Three Acre Farms, Cold Stores 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies, Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle

Hope this is enough for you

70Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:22 pm

ravindu93

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

thanks a lot my friend. your knowledge sharing is very much appreciated

71Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:22 pm

ravindu93

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

thanks a lot my friend. your knowledge sharing is very much appreciated

72Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:05 am

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

You are welcome ravindu. Once you create your portfolio let us know it. Very Happy

73Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:26 am

glad

EquityChamp wrote:From financial sector I can recommend Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Centra Finance, DFCC

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance, Arpico Insurance, People Insurance

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle

Any reason why you left out LFIN, Udapussalawe.
Are they not good for medium/long term?

74Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:53 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

glad wrote:
EquityChamp wrote:From financial sector I can recommend Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Centra Finance, DFCC

Only reason is that I thought the given list has more than enough to choose from.

75Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:26 pm

glad

EquityChamp wrote:
glad wrote:

Only reason is that I thought the given list has more than enough to choose from.
Ok, thanks. I thought you found something not good in them

76Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:39 am

Harry82

Harry82

In my View

financial sector I can recommend 

Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Lfin, DFCC, NDB

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance

F& B - Cargills, 

Manufacturing - All tile companies(RCL,TILE,LWL), Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

77Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:11 am

ravindu93

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

EquityChamp wrote:You are welcome ravindu. Once you create your portfolio let us know it. Very Happy
I already have HNB,COMB,RCL,TKYO.X, LLUB, CRL,AEL in my portfolio (not in big amounts though  Very Happy ) But i think CRL and AEL are not good in the long run. Specially, there are no big projects coming up in the construction sector. All the current projects were already finalized several years ago.  Thats just my view and your opinion is very much welcome. 
Also, I bought LLUB recently at 98/= Because it was at 52wk low and offer good dividends. Though the company profits declined last year hope they will get back in track soon. What are your ideas about that?

78Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:14 am

ravindu93

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Harry82 wrote:In my View

financial sector I can recommend 

Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Lfin, DFCC, NDB

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance

F& B - Cargills, 

Manufacturing - All tile companies(RCL,TILE,LWL), Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Thanks a lot my dear friend. Right now i am stuck between DFCC and NDB. By seeing their records, NDB is better when consider about dividends i think. What is your opinion on that?

79Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:16 am

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

DFCC is ahead in terms of profitability and earnings growth. Decision is yours.

80Blue Chip Companies - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:22 am

glad

EquityChamp wrote:DFCC is ahead in terms of profitability and earnings growth. Decision is yours.
Feel both DFCC and NDB are 'on your marks' at the starting point for a dash but the starter's gun is blocked.

judecroos likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum