Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Contribute
Submit Post

Latest topics

» Santa Claus is coming to Colombo
by God Father Today at 10:58 am

» COLO and DOCK Moving to 100
by Jay-Jay Today at 10:55 am

» Fitch Revises Sri Lanka's Banking Sector Outlook to Stable from Negative
by ipo Today at 10:49 am

» EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000)
by chandike73 Today at 10:09 am

» EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC (EMER.N0000)
by roshan1039 Today at 10:05 am

» Port City opens for investors
by Promoney Today at 9:24 am

» Time to sell
by grape101 Today at 8:13 am

» MILLENNIUM HOUSING DEVELOPERS PLC (MHDL.N0000)
by sanjulanka Today at 7:12 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by King of vice Today at 7:06 am

» Why technological companies not
by Teller Today at 3:54 am

» CSE RULES (CSE වල දැනට තියන නීති ගැන)
by ColomboCSE Today at 1:32 am

» ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC (AAF.N0000)
by Teller Today at 1:24 am

» Insurance Sector
by wisdom79 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Chairmen of three State Institutions
by roshan1039 Yesterday at 6:37 pm

» Shares to Buy
by kalyana1970 Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» kaufen Deutscher Führerschein ((WhatsApp...+4915210675228)) kaufen Schweizer Führerschein, kaufen Österreich Führerschein
by tonyserge Yesterday at 3:35 pm

» A Must listen Speech ..
by ColomboCSE Yesterday at 1:01 am

» BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)
by bhanu Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:35 pm

» World biggest IPO raises $25.6 Billion
by ipo Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:55 pm

» Daily Stock Market Update
by God Father Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:33 am

» Plantation Sector
by Quibit Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:29 am

POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

Advertise

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » Blue Chip Companies

Blue Chip Companies

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Blue Chip Companies - Page 4 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:41 pm

VISA


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

62Blue Chip Companies - Page 4 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:44 pm

Humble


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@stocks hunter wrote:If u take last couple of weeks foreigners were very busy in purchasing most valuable shares in the mkt. To name JKH,SAMP,HNB,COMB,LLUB,VONE,NDB etc.

We are talking nonsense about Gold drama, Right issues, over valuations, economic issues, Godahewa fiasco, Dr.senthrivel etc, etc. But nobody notice the bargain prices of these shares. Just see the foreign purchases list.

When are we going to learn this?

Now is the time to collect! COMB, CSD, TJL, NDB, LLUB, JKH - best 6 shares to buy!

63Blue Chip Companies - Page 4 Empty Over Rs. 600 m net foreign inflows in two days on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:34 am

sriranga


Co-Admin
Despite bearish local sentiments in the Colombo Bourse, it has drawn over Rs. 600 million in net foreign inflow this week. Yesterday’s inflow was Rs. 420.5 million whilst on Monday it amounted to Rs. 260.4 million. The year-to-date inflow once again moved back to Rs. 16 billion mark finishing at Rs. 16.3 billion yesterday.
Foreigners have been focusing on blue chips such as JKH, Dialog and select banking stock.
http://www.ft.lk/2013/07/17/over-rs-600-m-net-foreign-inflows-in-two-days/

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

64Blue Chip Companies - Page 4 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies on Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:17 pm

smayadunne


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Actually,

Does Sri Lanka Have Blue chip companies when compare with other counties ?

65Blue Chip Companies - Page 4 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies on Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:30 pm

FLOWER2


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Few weeks ago I posted my possible high performers as follows.. There are some blue chips. Hoping to do more research on few more stocks before doing anything and building portfolio.

Banking and Finance

COMB, DFCC, CFIN, MBSL, PLC and PMB

Food and Beverages

TAFL, DIST, BFL, TSML, CTEA, RAL

Plantations

TPL, MASK, BOPL, MPRH, UDPL, MADU and BALA

Motors

UML

Construction and Engineering

DOCK

Chemicals

CHMX, HAYC, CIC

Diversify

SPEN, JFIN, SUN, SHL, FLCH

Hotels

AHUN, CHOT

Footwear and Textiles

MGT

Trading

CTBL, RWSL, SINS

Healthcare

LHCL, ASIR

Power and Energy

LGL,VPEL

Telecom

SLTL

Manufacturing

GRAN, REXP, REG, KCAB,SIRA

66Blue Chip Companies - Page 4 Empty Blue Chip Companies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:54 am

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
What are the top blue chip companies in the market?

67Blue Chip Companies - Page 4 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:58 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp
Moderator
Moderator
In terms of which criterion you are referring into? Liquidity, dividend, profitability, price appreciation, etc? There are lot of areas for this question to look at.

68Blue Chip Companies - Page 4 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:13 pm

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
In terms of long term profitability (say in 3 years)?. Good dividends is an added benefit.

69Blue Chip Companies - Page 4 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:26 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp
Moderator
Moderator
From financial sector I can recommend Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Centra Finance, DFCC

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance, Arpico Insurance, People Insurance

F& B - Cargills, Three Acre Farms, Cold Stores 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies, Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle

Hope this is enough for you

70Blue Chip Companies - Page 4 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:22 pm

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
thanks a lot my friend. your knowledge sharing is very much appreciated

71Blue Chip Companies - Page 4 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:22 pm

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
thanks a lot my friend. your knowledge sharing is very much appreciated

72Blue Chip Companies - Page 4 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:05 am

EquityChamp

EquityChamp
Moderator
Moderator
You are welcome ravindu. Once you create your portfolio let us know it. Very Happy

73Blue Chip Companies - Page 4 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:26 am

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@EquityChamp wrote:From financial sector I can recommend Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Centra Finance, DFCC

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance, Arpico Insurance, People Insurance

F& B - Cargills, Three Acre Farms, Cold Stores 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies, Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle

Hope this is enough for you
Any reason why you left out LFIN, Udapussalawe.
Are they not good for medium/long term?

74Blue Chip Companies - Page 4 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:53 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp
Moderator
Moderator
@glad wrote:
@EquityChamp wrote:From financial sector I can recommend Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Centra Finance, DFCC

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance, Arpico Insurance, People Insurance

F& B - Cargills, Three Acre Farms, Cold Stores 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies, Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle

Hope this is enough for you
Any reason why you left out LFIN, Udapussalawe.
Are they not good for medium/long term?
Only reason is that I thought the given list has more than enough to choose from.

75Blue Chip Companies - Page 4 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:26 pm

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@EquityChamp wrote:
@glad wrote:
@EquityChamp wrote:From financial sector I can recommend Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Centra Finance, DFCC

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance, Arpico Insurance, People Insurance

F& B - Cargills, Three Acre Farms, Cold Stores 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies, Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle

Hope this is enough for you
Any reason why you left out LFIN, Udapussalawe.
Are they not good for medium/long term?
Only reason is that I thought the given list has more than enough to choose from.
Ok, thanks. I thought you found something not good in them

76Blue Chip Companies - Page 4 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies on Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:39 am

Harry82

Harry82
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
In my View




financial sector I can recommend 


Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Lfin, DFCC, NDB

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance

F& B - Cargills, 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies(RCL,TILE,LWL), Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle

77Blue Chip Companies - Page 4 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:11 am

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
@EquityChamp wrote:You are welcome ravindu. Once you create your portfolio let us know it. Very Happy
I already have HNB,COMB,RCL,TKYO.X, LLUB, CRL,AEL in my portfolio (not in big amounts though  Very Happy ) But i think CRL and AEL are not good in the long run. Specially, there are no big projects coming up in the construction sector. All the current projects were already finalized several years ago.  Thats just my view and your opinion is very much welcome. 
Also, I bought LLUB recently at 98/= Because it was at 52wk low and offer good dividends. Though the company profits declined last year hope they will get back in track soon. What are your ideas about that?

78Blue Chip Companies - Page 4 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:14 am

ravindu93


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
@Harry82 wrote:In my View




financial sector I can recommend 


Sampath, HNB, Commercial, Vallible Finance, Lfin, DFCC, NDB

Insurance - HNB Assurance, AIA, Union Assurance

F& B - Cargills, 

Diversified -  JKH, Hemas, Richard Pieris

Manufacturing - All tile companies(RCL,TILE,LWL), Tokyo, Teejay, Alumex, Swisstek

Power - Lanka IOC, Vallible Power

Plantations - Malwatte, Lankem Developments, Hatten Plantations, Watawala, Elpitiya, Talawakelle
Thanks a lot my dear friend. Right now i am stuck between DFCC and NDB. By seeing their records, NDB is better when consider about dividends i think. What is your opinion on that?

79Blue Chip Companies - Page 4 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:16 am

EquityChamp

EquityChamp
Moderator
Moderator
DFCC is ahead in terms of profitability and earnings growth. Decision is yours.

80Blue Chip Companies - Page 4 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:22 am

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@EquityChamp wrote:DFCC is ahead in terms of profitability and earnings growth. Decision is yours.
Feel both DFCC and NDB are 'on your marks' at the starting point for a dash but the starter's gun is blocked.

81Blue Chip Companies - Page 4 Empty Re: Blue Chip Companies on Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:57 am

Quibit

Quibit
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
S&P Companies. All are not blue chips?

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC
AITKEN SPENCE PLC
CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC
COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC
DFCC BANK PLC
DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC
EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC
HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC
HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC
HNB ASSURANCE PLC
HAYLEYS PLC
JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE CO. PLC
JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC
LANKA IOC PLC
MELSTACORP PLC
NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC
PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC
RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC
SAMPATH BANK PLC
SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC
SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC
TEEJAY LANKA PLC
UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC
More Companies...

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum