FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Today at 4:21 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Today at 7:19 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 4:01 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:18 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:51 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:31 pm

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:10 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:54 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:52 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:56 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:55 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:53 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:39 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:10 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:08 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:50 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:07 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:54 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:00 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:52 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:17 am

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:12 am

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:18 am

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:51 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Odel! Where are you going?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Leon

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Hi Guys....
Odel was a highly recommended share by our forum members. so, I got some odel @ 33.50. But at the moment no any positive signal by this share. Is it better to keep it for some time or exit on a green day without much loss???
Your views highly appreciated..... Thanks

Share this post on: reddit

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:20 pm by tj

At Profit before tax level when you compare half yearly results current year is negative 7% compared to last year. Also their increase in cash and cash equivalent is also negative 158Mn. Top line growth is 14% but if you allow for inflation i don't think there is much of a real growth here as well. I think with their expansions one would have expected a higher increase in the top line. Even if we forget about the PE ratio other than the fact that the company is in a growth sector i also cant see a compelling reason for this share to be attractive. However as CSE had number of unexplainable rallies this could also go up.

Thx
tj

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:50 am by Hawk Eye

With a massive negative cash balance,and increasing finance costs, how prudent is it for ODEL to keep on opening few more stores??

Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:54 am by swan03

My adviser told me that this share just like "Pathola". Hondakuth na narakakuth na.

Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:35 am by mark

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Kithsiri

Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:02 am by Kithsiri

swan03 wrote:My adviser told me that this share just like "Pathola". Hondakuth na narakakuth na.
Tell us the name and I want to ask him (she) how he (she) rates MASK today? Very Happy

Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:48 am by ABEST

i am going to sit in my IPO price. : by ODEL

traderathome

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:16 pm by traderathome

Hi I relatively New to this forum,In fact i bought some shares of ODEL and have a limit order @22.50 for further 1500shares.I am eyeing 35per share in the future.22.50 price is derived fractionally below @23 Fib level. Any thoughts on that bounce

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:20 am by kelumhewage

even i have this which i have bought at 30 big quantity... i bought this when the price level was 40 to 50 and last year this went up to 52 ..... it will move.......i am collecting anyway....not a recomandation....

Kithsiri

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am by Kithsiri

This is attractive to me only if it is below 20 and not at the present level.

kiwi

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:42 am by kiwi

There are some very interesting arguments for and against the stock. Also some very valid defending that the value of any stock in the end depends on its profitability - everything else is "noise". The PE ratio is very good measure, sure its not perfect, but its better than anything else at showing where things are with any particular share.

With regards to Odel, I made my own decision not to invest after visiting some of the stores. If all the stores had the same sort of visitor numbers as the main store, then I would have bought. But the reality is that there is hardly anyone at the other stores - at least when I have visited. So, as a single store it has been a great success, but as a chain I just don't think it has performed. That's purely based on my own personal, non-scientific view. So, if the future growth strategy is all about more and more new stores and all the investment, management focus is going into that, then I think the prospects are bleak.

I am very interested in what others have experienced when they have visited stores other than the flag ship store at eye hospital junction which is packed.

traderathome

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:22 am by traderathome

traderathome wrote:Hi I relatively New to this forum,In fact i bought some shares of ODEL and have a limit order @22.50 for further 1500shares.I am eyeing 35per share in the future.22.50 price is derived fractionally below @23 Fib level. Any thoughts on that bounce
i bought few stocks at 21.70 and averaged it to 23+ which is almost with market level.im targeting 35 area to sell off.should market sentiments are bearish and as a result odel shares slips further there will be double the limit order size waiting to catch on the discounted price around 10+12rs. cheers please DYDD drunken

mark

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:02 pm by mark

ha ha OLD THREADS Smile

traderathome

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:17 pm by traderathome

presently there is know buying trigger based on my technicals.but looks a bargain purchasing in anticipation of higher prices.so imo it looks as if most of the traders are buying into the rumour,which is not good.as someone noted in previous post that buying at 20 also would be based on this theory.right now if you throw 100ma to the daily chart the current prices are well below that line unless price moves above it will not be of any interest.all what i have done is grid trading until this price moves above 100ma. Very Happy this is a bit risky though. Suspect

Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:09 pm by lemuria

expect more competition. new chains coming in . P/E ratio more than 13 annualised 30/09/2011. P/B more than 2.

not worth at current price.

Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:16 pm by lemuria

buy shares when P/E comes around 6 mate 7 watch interest rates too Wink

traderathome

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:03 pm by traderathome

traderathome wrote:presently there is know buying trigger based on my technicals.but looks a bargain purchasing in anticipation of higher prices.so imo it looks as if most of the traders are buying into the rumour,which is not good.as someone noted in previous post that buying at 20 also would be based on this theory.right now if you throw 100ma to the daily chart the current prices are well below that line unless price moves above it will not be of any interest.all what i have done is grid trading until this price moves above 100ma. Very Happy this is a bit risky though. Suspect
I m placing a BUY order @ 18/-. for some more shares will keep you informed if order is filled Very Happy ..If you see the Harmonic Pattern thread...the BUY order is on ...have nt got a clue whether rs 18 is a thing in the past or will it reversed just FOR ME Rolling Eyes no hard feelings if i miss the train, there is some fish to FRY Basketball

Sri Lanka’s retail fashion industry is signaling an evolution supported by many developments taking place in the local market including the entry of select international fashion brands, says ODEL PLC.

Odel, the country’s leading fashion retailer made announced this observation while commenting on its latest annual report.

It also points out that this situation signals that Sri Lanka’s retail industry is maturing.

According to Ruchi Gunawardena, the Chairman of the listed ODEL PLC, many international retailers are looking to enter the local market.

“The entry of international brands to the market is as a result of the growth in tourism as well as an increase in consumer spending”, added ODEL.

It believes that producing a large number of fashion designers through well-established design schools too has helped this evolution.

“A select few of these designers have established fashion labels and have had their collections featured at forums such as Colombo Fashion Week as well as in regional and international fashion events”, added ODEL.

ODEL perceives this upsurge in talent and the entry of international brands as a future promise for the industry.

The fashion retailer also observes that the commerce between Sri Lankan designers, retailers and consumers is definitely gaining more ground.

ODEL, which has achieved a net profit of Rs. 202 million during the year 2011/2012 believes, that these latest trends translate into healthy competition for the retailer.

ODEL was found by model turned entrepreneur Otara Gunawardena who has first set up her shop in the boot of her car.
http://www.news360.lk/business-finance/news-sri-lanka%E2%80%99s-16-07-2012-retail-fashion-industry-is-signaling-an-evolution-odel-887865

Hawk Eye

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:36 am by Hawk Eye

Look at their target market and the pricing strategy and ehere they have opened their show rooms. Only the flagship showroom is packed as KIWI mentioned.

They have to seriously look at the other retail showrooms performance

aliasjjj

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:56 am by aliasjjj

Why ODEL Share Trading So Actively Today...! Any News ?

duinvest

Post Thu May 16, 2013 7:04 am by duinvest

Foreign Purchases(+) ODEL.N
Odel! Where are you going? - Page 2 15th_may_2013_top_30_net_foreign_purchases__sales-.bmp

duinvest

Post Mon May 20, 2013 3:38 pm by duinvest

ODELForeign Purchases(+)Odel! Where are you going? - Page 2 Odelforeign_purchases

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum