Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post
Market Place

Add an ad

View all ads

Latest topics

» Why AAIC Should trade above RS.50/-
by wisdom79 Today at 11:18 am

» LOFC -XR big transaction
by Promoney Today at 10:03 am

» CSE BULLISH MODE TO CONTINUE
by samaritan Today at 9:13 am

» LLUB Pattern reversed. Good buy @60, target +20%
by KOLAA Today at 8:32 am

» Momentum will begin after 5400
by prabath Today at 8:12 am

» WATA future looks good
by Teller Today at 3:36 am

» Look APLA its trending to 98LKR
by Teller Today at 3:34 am

» RICH is not bad @ 9/-
by Teller Today at 3:33 am

» lOFC definitely will hit 6/-
by Teller Today at 3:27 am

» Sri Lanka Dialog Axiata net profits up 21-pct in June quarter
by bhanu Yesterday at 1:17 pm

» AEL lovers good news..Rusi again back on the track to AEL....
by Winner123 Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:32 pm

» Look PAP Amazing company
by Teller Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:03 am

» NEXT GEM.. HNB Non voting (HNB X)..
by samansilva Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:20 pm

» LIOC upward curve
by samansilva Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:17 pm

» TKYO.X0000 will it move furthur?
by samansilva Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:07 pm

» Market will test 4700
by karuna2 Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:46 am

» IDL IDL IDL
by samansilva Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:15 am

» NEXT RUN People's leasing and Finance WAIT AND WATCH ENJOY RIDE..
by samansilva Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:19 pm

» No Confidance motion against the Government was defeted by 119 and 92 against. 13 Absent
by Capton KIng Cool Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:28 am

» Contact us for your bank instruments such as SBLC/BG/LC/MTN 100% Protected
by summitplc Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:04 pm

» Contact us for your bank instruments such as SBLC/BG/LC/MTN 100% Protected
by summitplc Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:00 pm

» PAN ASIA POWER
by Nuwan Samarawickrama Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:58 pm

» Today JVP's No confidance motation in the Parliment is Very cruicial .WHY?
by Yahapalanaya Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:33 pm

» Sri Lanka’s Royal Ceramics group expands contract manufacture in India
by shameen Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:53 am

» CIND , 10% guaranteed return
by Teller Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:45 am

» BUY AEL Few crossings on the way..
by rukshan1234 Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:51 pm

» Unisyst Engineering Known as(Alufab) have annouced a right issue
by Capton KIng Cool Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:43 pm

» what is the future of KHL (JOHN KEELES HOTELS)
by shameen Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:48 pm

» BFN BFN BFN ගොන් කම අත ඇරල ටික කාලයක් අල්ලන් හිටියනම් ඔක්කොමලා ගොඩ BFN BFN BUY AND HOLD -
by prabath Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:19 pm

» 10 Deadly Trading Mistakes!
by ipo Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:15 am

» AIA Insurance Payment Method @ 2500/= per share
by Capton KIng Cool Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:16 am

» KUDOS TO PRESIDENT FOR REINTRODUCING CAPITAL PUNISHMENT
by ipo Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:17 pm

» AIA INSURANCE DE-LISTING (CTCE)
by ipo Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:12 pm

» Regarst to 8 FINANCE Copmany's to be closed But no body knows excatly but avoid SFL,and MFL
by samaritan Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:01 pm

» http://www.ft.lk/front-page/Biz-confidence-rebounds/44-681514
by nuwanmja Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:02 pm

» Sri Lanka Shares Surge As Gov't Flags Projects & Rupee Steady
by samaritan Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:33 pm

» Tommorow's winning encounters
by Cma Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:57 pm

» Buy GHLL.N0000 Galadhari Hotels
by Teller Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:47 am

» BALA can come down to 9/-
by Teller Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:38 am

» 10 Golden rules os investing in stock market
by Capton KIng Cool Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:56 pm

» DIST.N0000
by Bdcdman Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:48 am

» Guys Look for DPL@5.20
by sanjulanka Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:04 am

» Reasons for market to crash
by mahasona2 Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:52 am


You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market & Forum Help » The Prison » What is the safest share to invest?

What is the safest share to invest?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What is the safest share to invest? Empty What is the safest share to invest? on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:46 am

troy

troy
Moderator
Moderator
I believe its PLC. at 12.30 now, below 30% below its IPO price. Major share is with Peoples Bank and Bank heavily depends on PLC's dividend income with its unofficial race with BOC. So Rs.2 div. per share is almost a certain.

Are there any other safe bets?
pls discuss...

This is my opinion! No need to follow it. Do your own analysis before take any decision! Smile



Last edited by sriranga on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:25 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added the blue colour line)

2What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:56 am

bakapandithaya

bakapandithaya
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@troy wrote:I believe its PLC. at 12.30 now, below 30% below its IPO price. Major share is with Peoples Bank and Bank heavily depends on PLC's dividend income with its unofficial race with BOC. So Rs.2 div. per share is almost a certain.

Are there any other safe bets?
pls discuss...

Different type of promotion. Keep it up.

3What is the safest share to invest? Empty There are many on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:48 pm

fatcat


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Ctc, lube, ahpl,khl, ahun,conn, Kgal, Tkyox, cinsx !!!!!

4What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:59 pm

Rajaraam


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@troy wrote:I believe its PLC. at 12.30 now, below 30% below its IPO price. Major share is with Peoples Bank and Bank heavily depends on PLC's dividend income with its unofficial race with BOC. So Rs.2 div. per share is almost a certain.

Are there any other safe bets?

pls discuss...

PLC is a good share. No doubt. As per their Financials for Dec. 2011 EPS is Rs. 2.66. They have already paid an interim dividend of Rs. 0.50 on 28th Dec. 2012. We can expect a final dividend too. But how do you say that would be around Rs. 2/-. Any news pl. Since PLC has expanded it leasing business in big way their borrowings also has increased significantly enhancing bank overdraft to Rs. 2.9 bn.If they declair a dividend of Rs. 1/- they will have to payout approcimately Rs. 1.5 bn.

Any way invesment in this share won't be a waste. It is a good company. However under the present situation everybody is watching the market than dealing snares.

5What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:13 pm

MarketW


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
DFCC,KHL,NTB,RICH,BIL......

6What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:01 am

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Please put a line like the blue colour line that has been added by me, at the end of your post if you present your ideas through your post. Otherwise new members will misunderstand it.

7What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:10 am

traderathome

traderathome
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@MarketW wrote:DFCC,KHL,NTB,RICH,BIL......
i prefer people recommending stocks to kindly put the charts and explain why you think the share will rise or why its a safe bet.its not a personal attack.and dont take my word you.look at the KHL 10year history.I will buy when the price is 5-6Rs Very Happy all stocks you mentioned except dfcc not near any reversal trend Very Happy dont take my word.please check the charts.all what you indicated are in bearish channel.now give good reason why iy should reverse its course and make a U turn. are you speculating or guessing or you have inside info that these cos will do extremely well in the next 6-12 months.

8What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:43 am

milanka

milanka
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@troy wrote:I believe its PLC. at 12.30 now, below 30% below its IPO price. Major share is with Peoples Bank and Bank heavily depends on PLC's dividend income with its unofficial race with BOC. So Rs.2 div. per share is almost a certain.

Are there any other safe bets?
pls discuss...

This is my opinion! No need to follow it. Do your own analysis before take any decision! Smile

Thanks for asking a Question and Providing the answer too before others.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

9What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:03 pm

Market Sucker

Market Sucker
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
better get out from market and starts a casino in pavement pale Very Happy

10What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:23 pm

traderathome

traderathome
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Market Sucker wrote:better get out from market and starts a casino in pavement pale Very Happy
Like Dami BOY Very Happy We will have another in the form of a "Market Sucker" you will have your own story. cheers and we will still be in this forum, and we will see you in the corporate financial reports lol!

11What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:32 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
as to my 30months experience in CSE,the best shares are CINS N,CINS X,CTC...trust my words,ill bet on these...

i traded very very heavily in all these 3 shares in last two years,they were my best and all time best..
Even in last week Very Happy

THIS IS PURELY BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE IN TRADING AND KNOWLEDGE

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t3651-my-pick-3-cins?highlight=CINS

NEWCOMERS BE AWARE BEFORE YOU BUY ANYTHING,THIS IS JUST A TRUE EXPRESSION BY ME Smile

12What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:40 pm

Market Sucker

Market Sucker
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@mark wrote:as to my 30months experience in CSE,the best shares are CINS N,CINS X,CTC...trust my words,ill bet on these...

i traded very very heavily in all these 3 shares in last two years,they were my best and all time best..
Even in last week Very Happy

THIS IS PURELY BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE IN TRADING AND KNOWLEDGE

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t3651-my-pick-3-cins?highlight=CINS

NEWCOMERS BE AWARE BEFORE YOU BUY ANYTHING,THIS IS JUST A TRUE EXPRESSION BY ME Smile

thnx.is it still safe?

13What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:18 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
@Market Sucker wrote:
@mark wrote:as to my 30months experience in CSE,the best shares are CINS N,CINS X,CTC...trust my words,ill bet on these...

i traded very very heavily in all these 3 shares in last two years,they were my best and all time best..
Even in last week Very Happy

THIS IS PURELY BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE IN TRADING AND KNOWLEDGE

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t3651-my-pick-3-cins?highlight=CINS

NEWCOMERS BE AWARE BEFORE YOU BUY ANYTHING,THIS IS JUST A TRUE EXPRESSION BY ME Smile

thnx.is it still safe?

hehe,my bets were correct ne? Very Happy
btw trade with swings and also good long term Smile

14What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:14 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
@mark wrote:
@Market Sucker wrote:
@mark wrote:as to my 30months experience in CSE,the best shares are CINS N,CINS X,CTC...trust my words,ill bet on these...

i traded very very heavily in all these 3 shares in last two years,they were my best and all time best..
Even in last week Very Happy

THIS IS PURELY BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE IN TRADING AND KNOWLEDGE

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t3651-my-pick-3-cins?highlight=CINS

NEWCOMERS BE AWARE BEFORE YOU BUY ANYTHING,THIS IS JUST A TRUE EXPRESSION BY ME Smile

thnx.is it still safe?

hehe,my bets were correct ne? Very Happy
btw trade with swings and also good long term Smile

hurray CTC Very Happy Very Happy

15What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:19 pm

aj


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@mark wrote:
hurray CTC Very Happy Very Happy

CTC profits has been going down and down before the war. Thanks to the end of the war they got a boost. But now again their their profit growth is negative. But it's a illiquid share like CARS. This is not a growth stock. Notice when they put the press release to the media they always talk about how much they gave to government coffers not how much they earned.

Look at the number of shares and the index contributor graph

16What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:08 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
@aj wrote:
@mark wrote:
hurray CTC Very Happy Very Happy

CTC profits has been going down and down before the war. Thanks to the end of the war they got a boost. But now again their their profit growth is negative. But it's a illiquid share like CARS. This is not a growth stock. Notice when they put the press release to the media they always talk about how much they gave to government coffers not how much they earned.

Look at the number of shares and the index contributor graph

thanks,but this stock was in my cards since it traded at 430 levels Smile
i do lyk performing shares whether they are shits or gems,i dont see any bad in this share in short,mid and long term,so im with it Smile

17What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:27 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
ha ha ,how is CINS? Razz Razz Razz

18What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:31 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
how about CTC? Laughing

19What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:49 am

Rajaraam


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@mark wrote:how about CTC? Laughing

You are a winner today mark. CTC up 668/-

20What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:19 pm

Rajaraam


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
mark your favarite CTC is 700/- now.Cheers

21What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:30 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
Well the players pushed the CTC price to 800 in artificial manner with some arrangements,hopefully they will do the same in 900,1000 or over Smile

btw CINS N is still available to move up Wink today price is 800

22What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:36 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Ahh still in love with CINS ? Given the illquidty this can be pushed . ALso Subasinghe family time to time buying when quantities available. CINX is trading about 40% CINN value hmm. Big gap.





@mark wrote:Well the players pushed the CTC price to 800 in artificial manner with some arrangements,hopefully they will do the same in 900,1000 or over Smile

btw CINS N is still available to move up Wink today price is 800



Last edited by slstock on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total

23What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:47 am

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
When you recommend a share to purchase pl give reasons

Some people recommend What they have

Normal SL marketing concept

24What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:10 am

Mubaaracq Meerasahib


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Could any body comment on Lanka Ceramic (CERA.N0000) ?

25What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:15 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@Mubaaracq Meerasahib wrote:Could any body comment on Lanka Ceramic (CERA.N0000) ?

Aha, nobody talks about the Ceramic group.

June quarter results were poor due to high finance. This group shares ( LWL, TILE) are all trading at very attactive future PE with growth potential . They are high dividend pay shares also . Right now finance costs, electricity costs are some issues they are facing. CERA , LWL is trading far belwo NAV also.

Let see how there recover in dec.
These are shares for the long term wise people.

26What is the safest share to invest? Empty Market on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:54 am

Mubaaracq Meerasahib


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Could anybody state the stock that would offer dividend more than the current interest rate along with current market price is in line with book value of the stock?

I myself believe that If don't have answer to above question , the market is being expected by me to go down further until such time to met the answer for question or manipulation take place in.

27What is the safest share to invest? Empty Re: What is the safest share to invest? on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:23 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
@slstock wrote:Ahh still in love with CINS ? Given the illquidty this can be pushed . ALso Subasinghe family time to time buying when quantities available. CINX is trading about 40% CINN value hmm. Big gap.

@mark wrote:Well the players pushed the CTC price to 800 in artificial manner with some arrangements,hopefully they will do the same in 900,1000 or over Smile

btw CINS N is still available to move up Wink today price is 800

hehe,ya SLSTOCK,i see this as a great future GEM,btw they should go for a split now Smile


@D.G.Dayaratne wrote:When you recommend a share to purchase pl give reasons

Some people recommend What they have

Normal SL marketing concept

ha ha,thats true .... btw i have no single share of CTC or CINS Smile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum