FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by God Father Yesterday at 11:23 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

SEC Bribes Journalist to bring market down!

+10
Market Sucker
Whitebull
Slstock
smallville
Redbulls
warren bupendra
raa
CSEWOLF
dehan
PBJ_I_LUV_U
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PBJ_I_LUV_U

Stock Trader

Following up on my previous post on this matter I am attaching the SEC commission papers that will show SEC sponsorship of journalist Duruthu Edirimuni. For those of you who have missed out my previous post here it is again:

Anti- Economic Development wrongdoers to be jailed
Duruthu Edirimuni Chandrasekera, a journalist of Business Times of Sunday Times has been given almost daily Inside Information of decisions made in the SEC Commission and SEC Secretariat by the acting Director General and Director Market Development of SEC in the last one year. She has written as much as 39 articles in the last one year which created fear in the mind of the investors and are partly responsible for the market downtern.
The acting Director General of SEC got her to do a MBA under him, give high marks for her dissertation and got her to believe that there are government supporting wrongdoers every where in the Stock market.
The SEC Commission has further gone to the extent of activating a Research grants Project of 2008(Commission Paper 303/24) without any advertisement merely to pay Duruthu Edirimuni Rs 50,000 for the same dissertation on the recommendation paper of the acting DG. The so called research paper was supervised by the acting DG who charged himself Rs 25,000 and the evaluators were the anti-market development SEC cabal -Sanjay Kulatunga, Vajira Wijegoonawardene and Chandu Epitawala. The Bribery Commission will be notified soon to put the wrongdoers into jail.
The Commission members who were silent have decided to expose the anti- market development members. We attach here with Commission paper(Board paper) 303/24 of 12th July 2012 proving that anti market development journalists have infact been paid the SEC.
Further, the distorted minutes of the Dr PB Jayasundera's meeting with the SEC commissioners and the CSE board were available within one hour in Sunday Times Online and Duruthu's face book page when the minutes are confidential. Yesterday, she snubbed Dr P.B. Jayasundera "Tuesday’s meeting with Treasury Secretary Dr. P.B. Jayasundera and stock market stakeholders propped the market on Thursday but as many analysts predicted it was ‘short lived’".
The whole lot above are either anti-market Development activists or they are just frustrated and gone insane................. Commission papers have enough facts to put them in jail and will be circulated if necessary.
Attachments
SEC Bribes Journalist to bring market down! AttachmentSEC Commission Paper.pdf
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(224 Kb) Downloaded 38 times

dehan

Stock Trader

Her y’day’s article on Sunday Times, she claims and confirms an existence of a mafia. She has forgotten the fact that one should not be throwing stones while living in glass houses. This article and the previous post on “SEC bribe journalists” further prove her status. This woman is solely responsible for creating a fear psychosis and driving away the investors from the market.

CSEWOLF

Stock Trader

Lions will never be in cages!! This is good enough proof. These rascals at SEC told at the presidential forum on stock market that the market development is not their mandate. One should question bribing anti economic journalist is in the SEC code!!

raa

Manager - Equity Analytics

Erm... All i got from that attachment is the fact that 4 people were selected to do their academic project on capital markets under the supervision of three people at the CSE.

1) As a journalist and being able to have access to the SEC, it is not surprising that she would be able to write so much. I doubt you have read any or all 39 articles so unless you can fact check and counter claim the content in those articles, I don't think see how they are attacking her. Bring up a bad article from her and then I will agree with this statement.

The only issue is if she has unlawfully benefitted on access to material information. I.e if the have a CDS account or/and are privy to material nonpublic information.

2) The only thing in this document is where they have allocated 100,000 for each participant where as on the 12th July article, it clearly states 75,000. However that is a different matter to the one your trying to present.

On the 12th July, the paper clearly states the supervisors will receive payment for BEING supervisors to the student.. how is it illegal? How they anti-market for helping students in academic projects? I don't know what the law is but if these payments are unlawful then they are guilty, but i don't see how its a big issue. Someone please clarify this with me.

3) "The Commission members who were silent have decided to expose the anti- market development members. We attach here with Commission paper(Board paper) 303/24 of 12th July 2012 proving that anti market development journalists have infact been paid the SEC. "

Wait, are all four journalists or only one of them as indicated in the article. Sounds fishy..

4) "Further, the distorted minutes of the Dr PB Jayasundera's meeting with the SEC commissioners and the CSE board were available within one hour in Sunday Times Online and Duruthu's face book page when the minutes are confidential" - Ok if they are supposed to be confidential, then that's not right. If they're not and this article is lying, then there is no problem with what happened.

5) "Tuesday’s meeting with Treasury Secretary Dr. P.B. Jayasundera and stock market stakeholders propped the market on Thursday but as many analysts predicted it was ‘short lived’"

What is wrong with the title. Technically this title is correct... Maybe the journalist has a pessimistic viewpoint which can be scrutinised but I think this article looks a bit desperate. No offense to anyone personally

... Your going to put a student in jail for getting chosen for paid research by the CSE to develop capital market research in the country. The article clearly states that they ARE to be compensated and so are the supervisors.. From one journalist, suddenly all of them are journalists including the senior lecturer at the university of Kelaniya who was chosen as the fourth candidate.

So lets not investigate and jail the guys who make millions from inside information or other deals and go after the real problem guys. Research projects and the 25,000 rupees they shouldn't be paid. HAHAha

CSEWOLF

Stock Trader

She writes all her articles with malice, these will be shared with you soon. Furthermore SEC has no moral right to share insider information with a third class journalist.

warren bupendra

Stock Trader

Bad for Wijaya Newspapers and professional journalism! Duruthu Edirimuni has been always directly criticizing stock market and indirectly criticizing economy and the government. Wijaya Newspapers should sack her and government should investigate what are the real motives behind such criticisms.

raa

1) As a journalist, you are write, she must be ethical and objective despite her own personal viewpoint. I don't know of any of her articles so I'm not going to defend her on this if she is indeed writing with malice.

2) I don't think you quite understand what you just tried to say with regard to insider information. What has she written about that the public shouldn't know about.

- Technically, if it is sensitive information that she has revealed to the public then her and her source can be questioned as they are wrong. However I highly doubt she has released confidential information. She obviously has access to information you and me won't have but that doesn't make the information classified. She is a journalist and by disseminating information to the public, she lets us know whats going on.

- Don't call her a third class journalist, you have no moral right to. You sound like you have more of an agenda than this journalist does.

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics

raa wrote:1) As a journalist, you are write, she must be ethical and objective despite her own personal viewpoint. I don't know of any of her articles so I'm not going to defend her on this if she is indeed writing with malice.

2) I don't think you quite understand what you just tried to say with regard to insider information. What has she written about that the public shouldn't know about.

- Technically, if it is sensitive information that she has revealed to the public then her and her source can be questioned as they are wrong. However I highly doubt she has released confidential information. She obviously has access to information you and me won't have but that doesn't make the information classified. She is a journalist and by disseminating information to the public, she lets us know whats going on.

- Don't call her a third class journalist, you have no moral right to. You sound like you have more of an agenda than this journalist does.

Well said mate.
These multiple account guy/guys also behaving like 3rd class journalist.

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

First they said they've approved 100,000 each completed report and they selected 4 proposals out of 9 but paid 100,000 only to Mr. Asela as he obtained the highest marks.

But a selection as such was not accounted in the curriculum (or have me missed that part?)
That's crazy..

Further, Dr. Suren was a senior lecturer at Kelaniya uni and he got the least marks of all four.
Either this should be a "throat cutting" done by the evaluators or he was really not up to it.. IDK...
Funny enuf..

OK back into the topic.. I have the same doubts as raa..

1) How the writer can claim that D Edirimuni was given insider information from SEC just becuz she did a
research??? Has the writer read all 39 articles of D Edirimuni to be precise with to claim that she was responsible for market down turn?
2) If she was responsible for market downturn, who is responsible for the speculation for the ASI to reach above 7000? That could be the “REASEACH OF THE YEAR” if anyone dare to undertake…

3) How sure are we on the research evaluators (Sanjay Kulatunga, Vajira Wijegoonawardene and Chandu Epitawala.) to label them as anti-market development SEC? Are there any articles written by them or they discouraged ppl on forums?

4) IMO, taking 25000 to evaluate a project is fair.. Why The Bribery Commission has be involved this? he hee.. There are massive bribes goin on in millions, we hear these things everyday.. If a road is developed, a building was put up we see the quality of work..
5) Commission papers have enough facts to put them in jail and will be circulated if necessary - Well IDK whether any other pages are in the full report but my small brain says even if anyone encircle the names being discussed here, it doesn’t make sense..

Jeez.. What the heck anyways? No offense to anyone personally...

If I'd known there was a competition like this one, I'd have submitted my proposal too, then if my project get selected the forum members
would say CSE is paying me... tongue

I dont think a mudslinging is necessary just becuz a journalist had done a research on capital markets under the DG of SEC.

Slstock

Slstock

As documentation is provided and some discussion is going on we will leave this thread open temporarily for democratic purposes.

However if more new accounts keep opening (1st time) just to post on this thread then we will lock this thread and also take steps to ban if we become suspicious of gang activity.

Kindly present your ideas but do not gang up to defame people and use this forum as propaganga. We do not support or oppose any of these journalists or Mr KC or anyone. We are a democratic forum so kindly do not drag political or personal issues here.
This is for all members to know.

Last edited by slstock on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

smallville

smallville

CSEWOLF, warren bupendra.. Guys ur comments indicate that you're here to full fill someone else's agendas cuz for the moment u only see the small light at the end of the tunnel may be cuz ur blindsided from other's magic talks..
We can understand that u guys will be keep on creating accounts daily to defend your master's master plan..

However, we regret to inform you that we have a zero tolerance policy regarding these kind of matters.. Which Slstock has also noted above..

These kinda mudslinging activities will grade you guys as third class low level individuals and if you wish to stay and learn from the forum it will affect your ratings badly as the forum crowd will not second your arguments without any valid backings..

My request to you is - stay here without being puppets or maniacs.. One find day will come for you guys to see the reality without the help of some top level idiots.. Wink

Redbulls

Redbulls

Here is the list.
 warren bupendra
 CSEWOLF
 toothless
 dmartil
 Trade Zone
 Kingdom_Equity
 dehan
 PBJ_I_LUV_U
 LOVE_CSE
 Invest_SL
 chandrapala

smallville

smallville

Redbulls wrote:Here is the list.
 warren bupendra
 CSEWOLF
 toothless
 dmartil
 Trade Zone
 Kingdom_Equity
 dehan
 PBJ_I_LUV_U
 LOVE_CSE
 Invest_SL
 chandrapala

Thanks.. We've already taken action against some of those users..

Still wondering why others have not shown up yet in this topic? Twisted Evil

Whitebull

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

I think all these multiple accounts and mudslings are result of ongoing battle between present SEC and anti - present SEC.So when one party wins this will end.Till then this may go on with new accounts.

Redbulls

Redbulls

Whitebull wrote:I think all these multiple accounts and mudslings are result of ongoing battle between present SEC and anti - present SEC.So one party wins this will end.Till then this may go on with new accounts.

May I can correct,

SEC vs Desparate HNWI(so called)

raa

Well as long as the right minded people of the forum keep calling their bluff they'll get tired. I really have no problem embarrassing them over and over again.

The post where they tried to defame KC Vignarajah was stupidly funny. I know that he has rubbed a lot of the HNWI's the wrong way and it was so obvious that these accounts had an agenda when they mentioned him. I don't know him personally, but have an a lot of respect. He speaks with reason and fairness which is rare in someone who's worth more than LKR 1bn.

I'd love for whoever is handling these fake accounts to try to have a proper capital markets debate in this forum with me/us.

Market Sucker

Market Sucker
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

@ADMINS and MODS

as i know you guys can check users IPs,please find these users IP addresses and ban their IP for violating forum rules.,This isnt fair for all forum users. Evil or Very Mad

hope you guys use your powers Smile

smallville

smallville

Market Sucker wrote:@ADMINS and MODS

as i know you guys can check users IPs,please find these users IP addresses and ban their IP for violating forum rules.,This isnt fair for all forum users. Evil or Very Mad

These means are not necessary as long as we have members who can stand against morons... See how 'raa' has brought his point? Pretty owesome Wink I really value when our crowd stand against mud slings before mods..

So those facilities are restricted to the core techies only Wink

Slstock

Slstock

Market Sucker wrote:@ADMINS and MODS

MS
Believe it or not Admins and Mods do not have IP checking facilities. Only the tech guys have. There are some issues we still need to work out.

Anyway, from time to time such gang activities come here. Would be good if the community also act together to reprimand.

Jeremy

Jeremy

IP address as we all know is the most illusive way to find offenders just like the SEC investigations. There's are millions of ways any member could login and conceal it's IP.

I will leave it that...

Fresher

smallville wrote:
Redbulls wrote:Here is the list.
 warren bupendra
 CSEWOLF
 toothless
 dmartil
 Trade Zone
 Kingdom_Equity
 dehan
 PBJ_I_LUV_U
 LOVE_CSE
 Invest_SL
 chandrapala

Thanks.. We've already taken action against some of those users..

Still wondering why others have not shown up yet in this topic? Twisted Evil

when you have so many, you easily forget the passwords.. Very Happy

Kithsiri

Kithsiri
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

GMNet wrote:IP address as we all know is the most illusive way to find offenders just like the SEC investigations. There's are millions of ways any member could login and conceal it's IP.
I will leave it that...
Yes, IP address can easily be masked (if you know the way around) so there is no pointing taking that route.
I think most members are educated enough not to accept such postings as serious stuffs and want to hit the Panic Button immediately after reading such garbage.
If any likes to take such advices as serious then only thing I can say to them is "Good Luck" !!!

Whitebull

Kithsiri wrote:
GMNet wrote:IP address as we all know is the most illusive way to find offenders just like the SEC investigations. There's are millions of ways any member could login and conceal it's IP.
I will leave it that...
Yes, IP address can easily be masked (if you know the way around) so there is no pointing taking that route.
I think most members are educated enough not to accept such postings as serious stuffs and want to hit the Panic Button immediately after reading such garbage.
If any likes to take such advices as serious then only thing I can say to them is "Good Luck" !!!

Something I can agree with you.

aj

One thing for sure. Now these highnetworth criminals and broker gang would find and bash and sling mud at every thing about Thilak like crazy, even if Thilak takes a pen from office or if Thilak forget to flush the toilet after going. Very Happy SEC chief should resign, he didn't flush the toilet! Very Happy SEC chief winked at me says disturbed cleaning lady at SEC. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum