FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by ApolloCSE Yesterday at 2:01 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fixed Deposits

+7
anu
hariesha
opfdo
stockmania
anubis
Slstock
sureshot
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fixed Deposits Empty Fixed Deposits Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:10 pm

sureshot

sureshot
Vice President - Equity Analytics

can fixed deposits come back to the stock market from Monday ?

FD vs stock market - a big game ahead
Shocked

2Fixed Deposits Empty Re: Fixed Deposits Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:16 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

If one bought certain picks for short term when ASI was 4800s , they would have gain more than 1 year FD rates in a few months. Only few days ago I mentioned a penny stock with fundamentals. It gained 15% already.

There are opportunities for the keen at CSE. Both short term and long term. But one has to play safe and know what they are buying and according to their holding power. There are many fundamentals now which have not run much that can gain 10-20% in short time if they move as opposed to loosing 10-20% if market drops. ( gain/risk)

BTW market will have red days in the future as it will not go up straight. If one is concerned about holding and long term, then there opportunities as I mentioned above that will beat FD rates.

I also earned decent dividends recently and will earn in the future. My calculated holding onto JINS for example and adding a bit more seems to have played off. In the worst case I will earn 9% and even if there is drop of the share for 1 year ( worst case), I know it will recover to current price within that period or have another dividend. Beats savings accounts atleast.

Last edited by slstock on Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Fixed Deposits Empty Re: Fixed Deposits Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:31 pm

anubis

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

http://www.ft.lk/2012/08/29/treasury-bill-way-increases-across-all-maturities/

I don't think anyone can give good reasons for the current uptrend. It's just based on a news of SEC head being replaced....

I sold on this news and cut my losses a bit because in my personal opinion this is not a true reversal. I'm not saying it will collapse, but I find it hard to believe that the market will reverse given the current economic conditions.

But I'm a total noob, I can be absolutely wrong... just stating my humble opinion... (don't jump on me now)

Cheers!

4Fixed Deposits Empty Re: Fixed Deposits Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:54 pm

stockmania

stockmania
Manager - Equity Analytics

Yes I got around 15% gain from shares I bought last months. But still in loss due to last year down trend. Hope I will be able to recover them in near future. alien alien alien alien alien alien

5Fixed Deposits Empty Re: Fixed Deposits Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:23 pm

opfdo

opfdo

anubis wrote:http://www.ft.lk/2012/08/29/treasury-bill-way-increases-across-all-maturities/

I don't think anyone can give good reasons for the current uptrend. It's just based on a news of SEC head being replaced....

I sold on this news and cut my losses a bit because in my personal opinion this is not a true reversal. I'm not saying it will collapse, but I find it hard to believe that the market will reverse given the current economic conditions.

But I'm a total noob, I can be absolutely wrong... just stating my humble opinion... (don't jump on me now)

Cheers!

hi anubis,

why you say this is not a true reversal ? it has been dropped to 4800 levels & PER below 10.

Yes current economic condition is not much good as we thinking. But do you think our companies performances will going down in coming years ? & because of that market PER will rise to 15 level with out price increasing??

still PER at 10.61. CSE is still showing against the FY 10/11 report.

I am not criticizing you, but just clarify above questions Smile

6Fixed Deposits Empty Re: Fixed Deposits Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:42 pm

hariesha

I am always a believer on CSE than FDs. Since my entry into CSE in 1996, I made most of my savings in CSE and still the same.

True, we had a disaster in 2011 and up to about Feb. 2012. Since then I earned average profits from trading. I re-started my monthly savings in CSE again in March after stopping investments in CSE in August 2011.

When the market starts the ascending from 4750 levels I made a considerable investment into my trading portfolio. It started with GREG and HVA, and then with PCH. HVA had couple of cycles. Then it was REEF.W19 which gave almost 250% returns. Profits were gone to SWISTEC, Renuka Group, PHAR and REXP as investments. I withdrew the new capital, when market couldn’t sustain in the 5000s, expecting it will go back to 4700s as most of the guys are talking about the double bottom. When it was certain it’s not happening again, I put my investment back, again my choices were the same lot.

Take market ups and downs as opportunities. If you capitalized the rally, it’s easy absorbing the shocks.

If consider my new investment which I made when index was at 4700s, my return is almost 100%.

I can't understand why people are lamenting about CSE. Some guys always negative, they sell at loss and then asking others also to follow. So every time “slstock” have to show the positive side. Again very same people are starting the same negative thread, again and again.

Just, be positive guys. When there is a rally earn the maximum. When it cools re-adjust your positions. When compare to other countries we are reporting high growth rates. So why does market should become negative. USA, EU in a mess-up. Hong Kong and China very sensitive to EU and US. But look at their markets. When things are negative markets go down. When people got adjusted, markets also returning to normal. But our guys always want to go down. They hate recovery. Look at the movements in Hong Kong market. It's a dream market for me.

Please understand the real fundamentals. Why you afraid to put your money on REEF.W19 when it’s bellow Rs.3/-. Conversion date is in 2015. How many things can happen in between. I saw a huge opportunity. I know several guys in this forum capitalized on it too. I don’t think even now it’s too late.

THE BASIC THING I SAW IN THIS MARKET, AFTER HITTING 4700s, MOST OF THE SHARES RE-POSSIONED TO NEW VALUES DAY BY DAY. LOOK AT THE MOVEMENT OF HVA, GREG, REEF, ETC. IF YOU ARE TELLING THOSE ARE SPECULATIVES, LOOK AT THE MOVEMENTS OF PARQ, JKH, REXP, RENUKA GROUP, ACL GROUP, ETC. MARKET AND THE SHARE PRICES ARE ON A ZIG-ZAG. BUT ON A UPWARD MOVEMENT.
This movement didn’t start with the change of SEC chairman. Movement was slowly happening for about 12 weeks. Changes gave the much needed boost to sustain above 5000s.

Other thing is understand the real people who want to move the market down. Look at the Daily Mirror head line on the day new SEC head was appointed. IT was very old news and some investigations were completed about a year ago. But they put it as the main head line. By Friday it got back-fired. GREG quickly capitalized on it. I think other companies also follow the suite.

I may wrong. But I strongly feel that “WE SAID BYE TO 4000 LEVELS” now, unless something terrible happens. Why I say this is markets are always react well before the news. Most analysts are predicting CB will lower the interest rates most probably before the year end. If not by very early next year. So it’s only 3-4 months.

Last edited by hariesha on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Fixed Deposits Empty Re: Fixed Deposits Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:03 pm

anu

anu

For a market to show a sustainable growth, there should be a good balance of traders and investors. If traders have upper hand, while the market goes up they will pull it down by more selling. But if there is a good balance of investors, they will off-set such effect and push the market up in a sustainable way.

Many shares are trading at big discounts and there are plenty of value shares. I hope many investors are slowly entering the market with medium term in mind. SEC appointment can only be a trigger point. It is not the sole reason for the upward trend.

I feel that market will have a sustainable growth from here, to a point where traders outweigh investors and pull down it.

8Fixed Deposits Empty Re: Fixed Deposits Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:07 pm

opfdo

opfdo

hariesha wrote:I am always a believer on CSE than FDs. Since my entry into CSE in 1996, I made most of my savings in CSE and still the same.

True, we had a disaster in 2011 and up to about Feb. 2012. Since then I earned average profits from trading. I re-started my monthly savings in CSE again in March after stopping investments in CSE in August 2011.

When the market starts the ascending from 4750 levels I made a considerable investment into my trading portfolio. It started with GREG and HVA, and then with PCH. HVA had couple of cycles. Then it was REEF.W19 which gave almost 250% returns. Profits were gone to SWISTEC, Renuka Group, PHAR and REXP as investments. I withdrew the new capital, when market couldn’t sustain in the 5000s, expecting it will go back to 4700s as most of the guys are talking about the double bottom. When it was certain it’s not happening again, I put my investment back, again my choices were the same lot.

If consider my new investment which I made when index was at 4700s, my return is almost 100%.

I can't understand why people are lamenting about CSE. Some guys always negative, they sell at loss and then asking others also to follow. So every time “slstock” have to show the positive side. Again very same people are starting the same negative thread, again and again.

Just, be positive guys. When there is a rally earn the maximum. When it cools re-adjust your positions. When compare to other countries we are reporting high growth rates. So why does market should become negative. USA, EU in a mess-up. Hong Kong and China very sensitive to EU and US. But look at their markets. When things are negative markets go down. When people got adjusted, markets also returning to normal. But our guys always want to go down. They hate recovery. Look at the movements in Hong Kong market. It's a dream market for me.

Please understand the real fundamentals. Why you afraid to put your money on REEF.W19 when it’s bellow Rs.3/-. Conversion date is in 2015. How many things can happen in between. I saw a huge opportunity. I know several guys in this forum capitalized on it too. I don’t think even now it’s too late.

THE BASIC THING I SAW IN THIS MARKET, AFTER HITTING 4700s, MOST OF THE SHARES RE-POSSIONED TO NEW VALUES DAY BY DAY. LOOK AT THE MOVEMENT OF HVA, GREG, REEF, ETC. IF YOU ARE TELLING THOSE ARE SPECULATIVES, LOOK AT THE MOVEMENTS OF PARQ, JKH, REXP, RENUKA GROUP, ACL GROUP, ETC. MARKET AND THE SHARE PRICES ARE ON A ZIG-ZAG. BUT ON A UPWARD MOVEMENT.
This movement didn’t start with the change of SEC chairman. Movement was slowly happening for about 12 weeks. Changes gave the much needed boost to sustain above 5000s.

Other thing is understand the real people who want to move the market down. Look at the Daily Mirror head line on the day new SEC head was appointed. IT was very old news and some investigations were completed about a year ago. But they put it as the main head line. By Friday it got back-fired. GREG quickly capitalized on it. I think other companies also follow the suite.

I may wrong. But I strongly feel that “WE SAID BYE TO 4000 LEVELS” now, unless something terrible happens. Why I say this is markets are always react well before the news. Most analysts are predicting CB will lower the interest rates most probably before the year end. If not by very early next year. So it’s only 3-4 months.

thank you for your sharing cheers

9Fixed Deposits Empty Re: Fixed Deposits Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:14 pm

anubis

Wow, I showed a tiny bit of negativity and we can see a load of positivity coming around to compensate for it.

Ok Ok, I don't question your opinions. After all, I started investing only at the end of 2010... I'm just a nobody here, still a lot of things to learn for me.

May be the market has turned around as you all point out. I haven't pulled out of the market, only made some adjustments just in case (risk mitigation).

If everybody is as positive as the posters above, then the market will indeed turn around. No doubt about that.

Let's wait and see where it goes. Thanks everybody for commenting Cool

Cheers!

10Fixed Deposits Empty Re: Fixed Deposits Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:20 pm

opfdo

opfdo

anubis wrote:Wow, I showed a tiny bit of negativity and we can see a load of positivity coming around to compensate for it.

Ok Ok, I don't question your opinions. After all, I started investing only at the end of 2010... I'm just a nobody here, still a lot of things to learn for me.

May be the market has turned around as you all point out. I haven't pulled out of the market, only made some adjustments just in case (risk mitigation).

If everybody is as positive as the posters above, then the market will indeed turn around. No doubt about that.

Let's wait and see where it goes. Thanks everybody for commenting Cool

Cheers!

ahaaaa....... positive signs from anu... cheers

bears are turning to bulls. "confidence" what a word.........

11Fixed Deposits Empty Re: Fixed Deposits Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:27 pm

anubis

@opfdo: He he, not really, I'm still bearish Smile

But you know, I'm not an experienced investor, so I have to watch out not to give "pora talks" like I know everything about the market... while the truth is I know next to nothing. So I have to show respect for the senior members and hear what they have to say. That doesn't mean I listen to them... I make my own judgement... win or lose, it'll be on my own judgement... Smile

While I am bearish, I can't say the market will go down... (nobody can) so I have made some adjustments so that in either case I won't have to worry too much... (less return, but less risk too).

I hope you understand Wink

Cheers!

12Fixed Deposits Empty Re: Fixed Deposits Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:34 pm

opfdo

opfdo

anubis wrote:@opfdo: He he, not really, I'm still bearish Smile

But you know, I'm not an experienced investor, so I have to watch out not to give "pora talks" like I know everything about the market... while the truth is I know next to nothing. So I have to show respect for the senior members and hear what they have to say. That doesn't mean I listen to them... I make my own judgement... win or lose, it'll be on my own judgement... Smile

While I am bearish, I can't say the market will go down... (nobody can) so I have made some adjustments so that in either case I won't have to worry too much... (less return, but less risk too).

I hope you understand Wink

Cheers!

OK anu, it is up to you, what i have to say is "all the best".

13Fixed Deposits Empty Re: Fixed Deposits Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:49 pm

hariesha

Be cool guys. Take market ups and downs as opportunities. If you capitalized the rally, it’s easy absorbing the shocks.

14Fixed Deposits Empty Re: Fixed Deposits Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:29 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Problem wit the CSE is, its about finding a better fool to unload your stocks! When some one gains some one has to loose! Or in most cases when 1 big gun wins 100 investors have to loose their hard earnings! This will not stop at least on the near future in CSE ( next decade).

Only place where you can have a win win situation is, if companies make huge increase in profits and GIVE AWAY MOST OF IT AS DIVIDENDS!

Until we get a law or legislation passed that companies at least have to give away 50% of its earnings definitely to its share holders, CSE will be about passing away your stocks to some sucker!!

15Fixed Deposits Empty Re: Fixed Deposits Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:17 pm

WildBear

Rajitha wrote: Problem wit the CSE is, its about finding a better fool to unload your stocks! When some one gains some one has to loose! Or in most cases when 1 big gun wins 100 investors have to loose their hard earnings! This will not stop at least on the near future in CSE ( next decade).

Only place where you can have a win win situation is, if companies make huge increase in profits and GIVE AWAY MOST OF IT AS DIVIDENDS!

Until we get a law or legislation passed that companies at least have to give away 50% of its earnings definitely to its share holders, CSE will be about passing away your stocks to some sucker!!

How about buying plantation stocks ?, Will tea and rubber prices will sky rocket as in past couple of years as you correctly predicted Razz , If we buy plantations stocks now would you be a greater fool to buy them from us in couple of months ? Razz pig

16Fixed Deposits Empty Re: Fixed Deposits Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:07 pm

Fresher

WildBear wrote:
Rajitha wrote: Problem wit the CSE is, its about finding a better fool to unload your stocks! When some one gains some one has to loose! Or in most cases when 1 big gun wins 100 investors have to loose their hard earnings! This will not stop at least on the near future in CSE ( next decade).

How about buying plantation stocks ?, Will tea and rubber prices will sky rocket as in past couple of years as you correctly predicted Razz , If we buy plantations stocks now would you be a greater fool to buy them from us in couple of months ? Razz pig

If I were you, I wouldn't jump the gun on that Smile

17Fixed Deposits Empty Re: Fixed Deposits Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:11 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

WildBear wrote:

Unless you live under a rock or have no clue you should know that the rubber prices are really low now! Also demand for tea is uncertain with its main buyers uncertain positions! For people like you the biggest thing would be when to buy stocks. Don't go join a rally or buy sticks because you saw it in a forum! Specially if the season to buy a stick is in January and you buying the stock in September!

And thanks for taking time to remind that I have correctly predicted the rubber prices last year! IT went up as I said and came down as said as well after about 6-7 moths later!

18Fixed Deposits Empty Re: Fixed Deposits Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:20 pm

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Fixed deposits rates will be increased further more in the recent future as an effort of keeping the rupee stable by reducing the liquidity. It was said by two finance companies separately which I deal. So, If you gonna open a fixed deposit it is worth to select a short period, better 3 months. This is my thought and I mention it as of a help for new depositors. No need to follow it as I said.

Stock trading is able to make you a considerable and better return than put your investment in a fixed deposit. Old investors that I personally know have achieved extreme successes and they were able to put big steps forward in their lives. I'm sure there were no crashes in the past like this. Our innocent objectives had been vanished by thieves in CSE and SEC and that my statement at the beginning has been become false. I calculated the difference between the return that I gained from stock trading and how much would I able to earn if I put it in a fixed deposit and that value passed Rs.46000 although my investment is not a very big amount. If there were no crashes, I surely know that I could have earn twice than that loss. Nothing to do for now, just to see to come out from this deep pit at the correct time. But I'm happy because I was not foolish to sell my shares at losses and swallow deeper.

Dear friends, We have no hard confidence that share market will act correctly after it is recovered totally. So, be very careful, take less risk and try to follow several investment options. I have no idea to resign from stock trading, but next time I shall reduce my risk. I'm interesting to get challenges and win them as possible. This is also a real challenge. Remember, If you have been holding your shares even thousand of investors had been giving up the game, you are a winner. Don't miss any opportunity that you receive and maximize your income as much as possible. All the best for all current and potential investors working in this field and going to enter into this field.
Smile

19Fixed Deposits Empty Re: Fixed Deposits Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:48 pm

WildBear

Mr Rajitha, do not try to be a hero. You never told rubber price were to decline. Instead you told every one to sell their underwear and buy rubber, and plantation stocks when the tea and rubber prices were at peak and since then rubber prices started declining.. May be during that time you must have disposed them to a greater fool.

If you can predict comodity prices with that accuracy, you should be in a top position at Goldman Sachs, and can't be waisting time at internet blogs.

20Fixed Deposits Empty Re: Fixed Deposits Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:10 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

WildBear wrote:Mr Rajitha, do not try to be a hero. You never told rubber price were to decline. Instead you told every one to sell their underwear and buy rubber, and plantation stocks when the tea and rubber prices were at peak and since then rubber prices started declining.. May be during that time you must have disposed them to a greater fool.

If you can predict comodity prices with that accuracy, you should be in a top position at Goldman Sachs, and can't be waisting time at internet blogs.

Unlike 2 post wonder boys here with 2 cent brains I never said anyone to buy any share any time! Although I have said people to not buy crap shares! Please show posts where I asked people to BUY shares or (specially plantations) ? And when they are going down specifically.
All i Said did was analysis of the earnings! And as I said they showed great earnings! As an investor and academic what I do is logically think and analyse companies. Not go in front of a magic ball and ask if prices go up or down tomorrow.

Also when I posted the plantations stocks were making great earning and they did have a nice run for a while. And prices did go up ! But some retards in here think the prices will remain in those regions for ever. ( that does not happen in any market in the world. specifically for stocks that gets effected by seasons) So even after months and months later they come and post, 'hi those shares are now down', or 'the earnings are going down!' Learn about companies and their business and CSE 1st! Not go and buy shares on some ones tips. Specially If you don;t have the comprehension to even understand what that person is saying ! OR to read them in a timely manner!

21Fixed Deposits Empty Re: Fixed Deposits Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:13 pm

Fresher

Before we go further into off topic, topic being fixed deposits, I would like to mention this while taking no sides and as a general member of the forum.

This forum never gave investment advice nor did it encourage people to give such. Anything members posted here with genuine intent, could have gone right or wrong. If analysis and predictions went right most of the time, then those would have got a good rep.

Even many research reports sometime back gave huge buys for many companies, which at that time, looked fair enough as well. I am talking about all companies here not limited to any sector.

If posts which mandated people to BUY or SELL were existent at that time it was definitely an oversight of the moderators. BUT, no one here is forced to make decisions here. This is the internet - be aware.

22Fixed Deposits Empty Re: Fixed Deposits Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:07 am

anubis

@Roboticfx: Thanks for the news on the FD rates. I'm also in the same position as you are, would have made a similar gain if I had invested on FDs. However, I will never regret investing in the stock market: I've learned a lot without burning all my savings!!!

Pulling out of the market cannot be justified, experience counts a lot!!! But it would be foolish to invest all of your money in the stock market expecting a "massive bull run" with the current economic conditions.

Cheers!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum