Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post
Market Place

Add an ad

View all ads

Latest topics

» Keep eye on Politics
by samaritan Today at 11:03 am

» Why AAIC Should trade above RS.50/-
by wisdom79 Today at 10:55 am

» PAN ASIA POWER
by Nuwan Samarawickrama Today at 10:33 am

» lOFC definitely will hit 6/-
by sanjulanka Today at 10:15 am

» Triple Top Reversal pattern
by Yahapalanaya Today at 8:59 am

» Aluf will be better
by wisdom79 Today at 8:50 am

» Stop promoting garbage. Don’t get deceived.
by wisdom79 Today at 8:46 am

» RICH is not bad @ 9/-
by Teller Today at 3:18 am

» BFN බොරු සෙලින් දාලා කොහොම හරි 11 වගේ ගානට 500000 එකතු කරගන්න කියලා අර 14 ට ලක්ශයක් සෙලින් දැම්මේ මේ ටේලර් මහත්තයාම තමයි
by Teller Today at 3:16 am

» Be careful with HVA and LITE
by Teller Today at 3:11 am

» WATA future looks good
by Teller Yesterday at 10:00 pm

» If i am the EPF buyer,I will go for PLC
by Teller Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» LLUB Pattern reversed. Good buy @60, target +20%
by Teller Yesterday at 9:58 pm

» THE CURSE ON JKH
by Teller Yesterday at 9:04 am

» Why we should buy AEL.N0000…?
by Miss-Sangeetha Yesterday at 7:45 am

» The Curse Of AEL
by Yahapalanaya Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:06 pm

» Senthilverl Drives Sri Lanka Stock Market Turnover to hit Rs.2 billion
by Yahapalanaya Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:03 pm

» 8 Finance companaies to be closed very soon
by samaritan Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:52 pm

» Copreus (Pvt) Ltd - Need some Information
by Copreus Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:44 pm

» BALA can come down to 9/-
by Teller Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:27 am

» MARKET UP......BUT BFL....GRAN....TAFL......
by Trader321 Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:31 pm

» TAFL - GOLDEN EGG IN POULTRY SECTOR
by Trader321 Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:29 pm

» MGT.N0000 & TJL.N0000 keep eye.
by Trader321 Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:58 pm

» TAFL.N000 / GRAN.N0000
by Trader321 Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:57 pm

» Market will test 4700
by karuna2 Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:08 pm

» Loss-making stockbrokers may not last six months
by Miss-Sangeetha Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:51 pm

» Those who are having SUGA And HDEV (Hotel Developers)coming week you all can excpect Good News to come
by Capton KIng Cool Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:25 pm

» ECL wAS 2.8 Last week Today 4.7 .Whats Next? Acme?
by Capton KIng Cool Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:02 am

» IDL IDL IDL
by Teller Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:18 pm

» Look APLA its trending to 98LKR
by Teller Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:24 am

» SAMP Oversubscribed?
by Teller Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:13 am

» Apple Lost Sales in Europe to Chinese Firms Ahead of US Huawei Crackdown
by Teller Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:44 am

» Market is On The Rise.Market PER 8.5, EPF Has entered the market curently they are buying AEL (Access Enginering)There'r lot of counters. Rich,TkyoAsir,Amsl,Osea.CINV.EXPO,JINS and Tyre.good luck
by wisdom79 Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:55 pm

» NEXT RUN People's leasing and Finance WAIT AND WATCH ENJOY RIDE..
by ddrperera Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:25 pm

» EPF Investment in Unquated copmanies .Who is responsible Previous Centeral Bank Governer and Former Regime.
by Capton KIng Cool Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:05 am

» PDL (Property Development)
by Capton KIng Cool Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:51 am

» EAST Steady at 18
by Cricketman Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:28 am

» Guys what happen these days
by Yahapalanaya Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:29 am

» its right time to buy PHAR@700
by Teller Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:50 am

» Look PAP Amazing company
by Teller Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:46 am

» Sri Lanka stocks end at near 1-month high on local buying; rupee gains
by Teller Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:33 am

» Maharaja ASI
by karuna2 Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:36 pm

» From 10th Onward no more Phillip only Asha securities lts before login go to setting and remove phillip and aply then it will work Good luck
by Yahapalanaya Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:25 pm


You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » Reputation???

Reputation???

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Reputation??? Empty Reputation??? on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:33 pm

zazu

zazu
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Hi everyone.

As I am new to this forum. I am starting to wonder on what basis an individual posts a + or a - reputation point on another individual. Is it when an individual tells something good about you or your share do you give a + point or is it when he does tell something bad about you or your share do you give a - point.

Cheers

2Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:52 pm

duke


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
i just ignore it. do the same. besides who were the politicians who got the most votes in recent elections?

3Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:59 pm

SL.Market

SL.Market
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@duke wrote:i just ignore it. do the same. besides who were the politicians who got the most votes in recent elections?

I alsohas to do the same.. but bit upset....

4Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:16 pm

zazu

zazu
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@ duke and SL.Market

With all do respect to you guys. There has to be a formula for the madness. Just because individuals give a + or a - point for what they want to hear or for hear what they do not want to hear, that does not mean the output of another individual is of no use to another. Be it for the good for the community or not.


5Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:19 pm

SL.Market

SL.Market
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@zazu wrote:@ duke and SL.Market

With all do respect to you guys. There has to be a formula for the madness. Just because individuals give a + or a - point for what they want to hear or for hear what they do not want to hear, that does not mean the output of another individual is of no use to another. Be it for the good for the community or not.



You may be given -rep for this sometime...

this is the bevavior here

6Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:20 pm

antxster


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@zazu wrote:@ duke and SL.Market

With all do respect to you guys. There has to be a formula for the madness. Just because individuals give a + or a - point for what they want to hear or for hear what they do not want to hear, that does not mean the output of another individual is of no use to another. Be it for the good for the community or not.



I agree with you. Forum should be free speech. By doing this, it discourage users like me from giving feedback or comments.

7Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:22 pm

antxster


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
and Btw, some forum adopt a system by giving +1 thanks, instead of -1 reputation.

8Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:29 pm

zazu

zazu
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@ SL.Market
Damn what you said came true..I dont know if you gave it or not. hehehe..
Who cares.

9Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:31 pm

zazu

zazu
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@ antxster
Exactly. Each and every individual should be able to voice out his opinion.

10Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:05 pm

RockStock


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@zazu wrote:Hi everyone.

As I am new to this forum. I am starting to wonder on what basis an individual posts a + or a - reputation point on another individual. Is it when an individual tells something good about you or your share do you give a + point or is it when he does tell something bad about you or your share do you give a - point.

Cheers

Dude, what really happens is if you make upset a person with Voting power you'll get Negative, If you agree with them
you'll get Positive,Eg. as you did earlier if you say some thing in favour of PCH is a good reason to get Negative points, and probably if you talk in favour of a share like a Plantation stock, probably you will get a positive, that is because of some members who have voting power are very much fond of Plantation stocks. So that you really don't have to worry about this voting business,What you must do is post your comments with a valid reason,esp when talking about a share rather than just Promoting or criticizing.

However this is just a web based public forum, where theoretically you can enjoy 100% freedom on what you are posting.

11Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:36 pm

$$$


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
We have tried to get people to award - or + on facts and fiction rather than on emotion but sadly it seems a tough thing to impliment as some individuals are extremely emotional and will award - or + just for not agreeing with his or her view. This has been discussed in lenth in othe threads.

We have repeatedly asked + points to be awarded for a good post , presentation of facts and figures and any other positive that deems a + point ....- reps for false promotion , usage of obscene language etc

Unfortunately forum members use - reps and + reps for reasons that baffle us all Smile



We will constantly try to address this anomaly trying our utmost best


Please desist from awarding + points to any one who says something good about share that you like or a - for someone who is constructively critising a said share that you probably like ...please look at the entire points awarding process objectively Smile

12Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:52 pm

Quibit

Quibit
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Hey guys,

$$$ is very correct, as moderators we do not have any control over member voting system. We have tried our best to educate the members the rationale for their vote but just like any democracy.. The results and reactions are very irrational and emotional. But we have two options .. To discontinue the reputation points or to continue..

To me some system is better than no system.. Because of this we have decided to continue with this present reputation system until we find an alternative.

Please share your thoughts....

Quibi

13Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:04 pm

Gaja


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
well if i am not mistaken, now most of them using their votes in more sensible way than some months back

14Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:29 pm

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Quibit wrote:Hey guys,

$$$ is very correct, as moderators we do not have any control over member voting system. We have tried our best to educate the members the rationale for their vote but just like any democracy.. The results and reactions are very irrational and emotional. But we have two options .. To discontinue the reputation points or to continue..

To me some system is better than no system.. Because of this we have decided to continue with this present reputation system until we find an alternative.

Please share your thoughts....

Quibi

Overall it is good to have a system. But there should be a cap of giving either + or - per day.

I cannt understand why someone gave - rep for a post by Zazu (above).He was trying to express his view and if someone doesnt agree with him, that person should make his/her point rather gave a - rep and be silent.

Personally I dont mind negative reps as long as if he/she try to prove that I'm wrong.

15Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:04 am

2011_NewComer

2011_NewComer
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
When there is more than one reply to my posts(specially questions/clarifications), I want to Thank those who reply with good answers. I prefer 'Thank you' option than +rep in such cases. but if I click 'Thank you' on one person's reply, all the others' 'Thank you' get disabled after that. So can't Thank others using that option. Crying or Very sad

16Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:07 am

Quibit

Quibit
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
You can thank only one person per post. Each 'thank you' is equal to +3 reputation points.

17Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:22 am

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Quibit wrote:Hey guys,

$$$ is very correct, as moderators we do not have any control over member voting system. We have tried our best to educate the members the rationale for their vote but just like any democracy.. The results and reactions are very irrational and emotional. But we have two options .. To discontinue the reputation points or to continue..

To me some system is better than no system.. Because of this we have decided to continue with this present reputation system until we find an alternative.

Please share your thoughts....

Quibi
It's better to have +/- reps system. But the sad thing is some guys miss use this system.

18Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:09 am

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Those who have got high negative reputation are the people who spoken out openly

Whether its politically sensitive or Business sensitive, Truth is Truth.


19Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:10 am

Soundchips


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
without having uniform criteria to mesure. point system is not very correct. investors can vote for speaking for i9nterested stocks.

20Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:13 am

SL.Market

SL.Market
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@$$$ wrote:We have tried to get people to award - or + on facts and fiction rather than on emotion but sadly it seems a tough thing to impliment as some individuals are extremely emotional and will award - or + just for not agreeing with his or her view. This has been discussed in lenth in othe threads.

We have repeatedly asked + points to be awarded for a good post , presentation of facts and figures and any other positive that deems a + point ....- reps for false promotion , usage of obscene language etc

Unfortunately forum members use - reps and + reps for reasons that baffle us all Smile



We will constantly try to address this anomaly trying our utmost best


Please desist from awarding + points to any one who says something good about share that you like or a - for someone who is constructively critising a said share that you probably like ...please look at the entire points awarding process objectively Smile

Totally agree..

21Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:48 am

seyon


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@RockStock wrote:
@zazu wrote:Hi everyone.

As I am new to this forum. I am starting to wonder on what basis an individual posts a + or a - reputation point on another individual. Is it when an individual tells something good about you or your share do you give a + point or is it when he does tell something bad about you or your share do you give a - point.

Cheers

Dude, what really happens is if you make upset a person with Voting power you'll get Negative, If you agree with them
you'll get Positive,Eg. as you did earlier if you say some thing in favour of PCH is a good reason to get Negative points, and probably if you talk in favour of a share like a Plantation stock, probably you will get a positive, that is because of some members who have voting power are very much fond of Plantation stocks. So that you really don't have to worry about this voting business,What you must do is post your comments with a valid reason,esp when talking about a share rather than just Promoting or criticizing.

However this is just a web based public forum, where theoretically you can enjoy 100% freedom on what you are posting.



I totally agreed with RockStock, this was happened to me when i was a new to this forum... I tried to talk about views on particular stock based on some scenarios, there are ppl who were not agreed with my views, That results there was huge battle on discussion. there after, whenever i post, I get - rep...

But i am not bother about these ppl who do not have commence sense...

Hence i just telling to everyone... bother about this rep points, You continue to contribute good thing to this forum and community..

As Rockstock mentioned post ur comments with valid reasons and info and criticize based on valid facts and info... And Speak out ur views open.......

This my view.... I may be received - rep for this comments also... I am not bother....... Guys....

Happy Trading

22Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:41 am

xmart

xmart
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Quibit wrote:Hey guys,

$$$ is very correct, as moderators we do not have any control over member voting system. We have tried our best to educate the members the rationale for their vote but just like any democracy.. The results and reactions are very irrational and emotional. But we have two options .. To discontinue the reputation points or to continue..

To me some system is better than no system.. Because of this we have decided to continue with this present reputation system until we find an alternative.

Please share your thoughts....

Quibi

Dear,

Make a system which allow - rep together with a reason and who gave this - rep. just for both + and - reps. it will work for you to control reputation manipulation.. Idea

23Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:45 am

antxster


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Yea.. when "we" are trying to voice out our own opinion. "We" received -negative point due to some reason, this set "us" back to keep our opinion to ourselves instead of "sharing"

24Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:03 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
agree with all idiot posts and you get + rep! If you disagree or criticize a view like me you will end up with more - rep than you know what to do ! Quite simple

25Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:17 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@xmart wrote:
@Quibit wrote:Hey guys,

$$$ is very correct, as moderators we do not have any control over member voting system. We have tried our best to educate the members the rationale for their vote but just like any democracy.. The results and reactions are very irrational and emotional. But we have two options .. To discontinue the reputation points or to continue..

To me some system is better than no system.. Because of this we have decided to continue with this present reputation system until we find an alternative.

Please share your thoughts....

Quibi

Dear,

Make a system which allow - rep together with a reason and who gave this - rep. just for both + and - reps. it will work for you to control reputation manipulation.. Idea

Quibi.. This seems to be a good idea.. unless u point out why u gave a + or -, it should not be casted.. I think this will minimize some healthy arguments being presented with - votes..
Mods must review and decide to remove or keep these votes looking at the judgement.. if fair enuf or not..

This could remove the emotional voting in future Wink

26Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:51 pm

wis


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Removing the anonymity will stop people from actively voting. Think of this as a group of people in discussion. Some people will node and some people will protest when somebody says something. + and - should be those nodes and shakes for an individual point somebody make. We can see a sort of general consensus of the readers about a point.
Best thing to do is to remove the reputation number shown for a user and let everybody agree or disagree to a point.

27Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:43 pm

zazu

zazu
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Thank You guys for coming out an sharing your opinion about the + and - reputation point. For me itself it has been a roller-coaster ride after I opened this thread. If I am not mistaken I can remember that when I first started this thread, I had -3 points, then it went on till about -7 and few days back it was like +4, and now back to -1. This itself shows how individuals treat a thread that doesn't hurt anyones feeling. Just imagine what would happen if I pointed someone or someones favorite share what would happen to me.

And I also like to know, is it only when you an individual has + points with him that he can give points to others.

28Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:10 pm

ShareShares


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@seyon wrote:
@RockStock wrote:
@zazu wrote:Hi everyone.

As I am new to this forum. I am starting to wonder on what basis an individual posts a + or a - reputation point on another individual. Is it when an individual tells something good about you or your share do you give a + point or is it when he does tell something bad about you or your share do you give a - point.

Cheers

Dude, what really happens is if you make upset a person with Voting power you'll get Negative, If you agree with them
you'll get Positive,Eg. as you did earlier if you say some thing in favour of PCH is a good reason to get Negative points, and probably if you talk in favour of a share like a Plantation stock, probably you will get a positive, that is because of some members who have voting power are very much fond of Plantation stocks. So that you really don't have to worry about this voting business,What you must do is post your comments with a valid reason,esp when talking about a share rather than just Promoting or criticizing.

However this is just a web based public forum, where theoretically you can enjoy 100% freedom on what you are posting.



I totally agreed with RockStock, this was happened to me when i was a new to this forum... I tried to talk about views on particular stock based on some scenarios, there are ppl who were not agreed with my views, That results there was huge battle on discussion. there after, whenever i post, I get - rep...

But i am not bother about these ppl who do not have commence sense...

Hence i just telling to everyone... bother about this rep points, You continue to contribute good thing to this forum and community..

As Rockstock mentioned post ur comments with valid reasons and info and criticize based on valid facts and info... And Speak out ur views open.......

This my view.... I may be received - rep for this comments also... I am not bother....... Guys....

Happy Trading


Agree, no need to worry too much about points, just give the genuine opinion.

29Reputation??? Empty Re: Reputation??? on Wed May 22, 2019 7:12 pm

Uaecoindubai

Uaecoindubai
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Posts : 3600
Equity Stars : 12901
Reputation : 132
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Abhudhabi

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum