FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ??????????

+14
EPS
hettdas
vic19
Yahapalanaya
mark
DANIDU
TraderCSE
chamil1
Octopus
celtic tiger
Market R
Dr Stock
Jiggysaurus
investor1984
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm

investor1984

investor1984
Manager - Equity Analytics

Hi Valuepick,

First of all i must say that this tread is not related to investment. I am just opening this in curiosity . I was used to be a forum member of Investnow , it was banned and i believe that most of the early members of this forum are refugees of Investnow forum.

Regulators attention was directed to Investnow mainly due to the fact that BFL was heavily promoted in Investnow forum , this was solely done by a single forum member by the name of Marketwatch

He was really good in promoting the BFL and the " chicken run" those days and his writing pattern was unique. It is really interesting that I find VALUPICK's writing pattern almost identical to MARKETWATCH's writing pattern

I am no expert in writing pattern identification, and I know even if you are the same person that you dont going to accept it. Anyway I just though I might write down this... just in curiosity

Happy investing .... Cheers

2VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:31 pm

Jiggysaurus

Jiggysaurus
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Defa Marketwatch was a valuable prick. How he gave the promotion for the Rishan's craphouse calling it a gem and how he nicely dumped?

Maybe Valueprick will also start the promotions soon.

3VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:32 pm

Dr Stock

Dr Stock
Co-Admin

whats the point of asking a question like that in a public forum ?
He is not bound to tell truth .

I also followed investNow and MarketWatch.
people earn money because of him and people lost money because of him.
Thats due to greed of people.
Greed for money.
There are no babies in stock markets.
Buying and selling is a individual decision .
When you get profit no appreciation when you loose money extreme criticism thats wrong.

Since 2012 lots of people tried to play marketWatch's role in different sites and most of them were not very successful.

I dont know it is same person or different person.
He is a very skillful talented one.
i frankly respect his skill , single handedly manipulating CSE.

Will see whats his response
Cheers !

4VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:07 am

Market R

Market R

Those days PCH was profit making company and also they gave dividents also. Who thought that Rishan will mess up like this beacuse of his greed.

BFL is also in his list. But its a good share. Its went up to 600 and now its around 150 and its stable around that price. Still its fundemently good share and its future also good.

we can only predict what happen in future but we can involed in management of the company.

5VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:31 pm

investor1984

investor1984

Dr Stock wrote:whats the  point of asking a question like that in a public forum ?
He is not bound to tell truth .

I also followed investNow and MarketWatch.
people earn money because of him and people lost money because of him.
Thats due to greed of people.
Greed for money.
There are no babies in stock markets.
Buying and selling is a individual decision .
When you get profit no appreciation when you loose money extreme criticism thats wrong.

Since 2012 lots of people tried to play marketWatch's role in different sites and most of them were not very successful.

I dont know it is same person or different person.
He is a very skillful talented one.
i frankly respect his skill , single handedly manipulating CSE.

Will see whats his response
Cheers !

If you can read my post from the beginning you can see the point... Just in curiosity.. Whats the fuss ???? You dont have get angry... calm down Very Happy

6VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:14 pm

celtic tiger

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

investor1984 wrote:Hi Valuepick,

First of all i must say that this tread is not related to investment. I am just opening this in curiosity . I was used to be a forum member of Investnow , it was banned and i believe that most of the early members of this forum are refugees of Investnow forum.

Regulators attention was directed to Investnow mainly due to the fact that BFL was heavily promoted in Investnow forum , this was solely done by a single forum member by the name of Marketwatch

He was really good in promoting the BFL and the " chicken run" those days and his writing pattern was unique. It is really interesting that I find VALUPICK's writing pattern almost identical to MARKETWATCH's writing pattern

I am no expert in writing pattern identification, and I know even if you are the same person that you dont going to accept it. Anyway I just though I might write down this... just in curiosity

Happy investing .... Cheers
I think it's wrong to say that BFL was promoted by MW single handed.That time LAUGFS bought 100000 at 200+. Do you think LAUGFS followed MW blindly ??? I think that happened because three things
1 rapid growth of BFL
2 golden years of poultry industry
3 golden years of CSE to that time.
End of the day this is a game no one be 100% right.

7VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:00 am

Dr Stock

Dr Stock
Co-Admin

Investor1984
Im not angry. i just share my view.
Some topics are not healthy for the well being of the forum.
Doin harm rather than good.
people are curios always . Thats human nature.

But ,
If we let our curiosity to flow limitless what will happen to civilized society?

affraid affraid affraid

8VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:30 am

Octopus

Octopus
Expert
Expert

Dr Stock wrote:Investor1984
Im not angry. i just share my view.
Some topics are not healthy for the well being of the forum.
Doin harm rather than good.
people are curios always . Thats human nature.

But ,
If we let our curiosity to flow limitless what will happen to civilized society?

affraid  affraid  affraid

U are thinking deep. like doctor stock Very Happy

9VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:41 pm

chamil1

Valuepick, pls explain

10VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:51 pm

TraderCSE

Valuepick, I don't think you need to reply to this.

For me, you are doing a great job to the forum so far. Therefore no need to panic with this kind of topics. 

There are plenty of crap promoters in this forum. No one want to highlight them as they have more powers.

11VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:56 pm

chamil1

TraderCSE , idea was not to put Valuepick in trouble but ask him to explain whether it is correct or not.

Pls let him explain.

12VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:15 am

DANIDU

Please we can not point our finger to Valuepick. There are more members just trying to promote shares here instead of discussing with members. We have to stop that. Also Who are following this forum, They have to think and use their own brains. 

I personally like this forum and this is very good place to shares our Ideas, discuses, learn and helps to/from others. only some few PP trying to destroy the forum. 

The China police arrested nearly 200 PP,  who were spreading false things about Stock market (also remember some PP arrested in sri Lanka misusing FB)

13VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:17 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

i dont know who is this

But i like valuepick  I love you I love you I love you I love you Very Happy

14VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:16 am

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Valuepick give reasons for his supports.Valuepick doesn't directly support any stock ie mostly supporting sectors.

He doesn't say buy buy buy.......

I realy respect to his comments.

confused confused confused

15VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:37 am

vic19

vic19

Hi members, I am also a person who went with the crowd during Marketwatch time of reckoning .

his every article were all on Bairaha farm ( tafl,grain ) , Balangoda ( BALA ), PC house.

I got caught to this and still hold 2500 shares of grain elevator bought at 150 levels .since then I have reduce the cost and now I have overcome it.

the main lesson I learn was you had to be alert to all articles and be smart  as you are using your own money and not any  others money.

I wonder  as to why these companies like PC house  group should still exits in the CSE. they still appear as default section with yellow mark.

also the forum should only allow only  one user id for each person. otherwise the same person ( with a different ID ) could come and support the same topic over and over again giving a wrong picture to others.

I some time see one person start a topic and when some one makes a valid question for that topic,  a person with another ID keeps coming to defend all over again. and the originator do not respond at all . this really fascinates me.

any way I may be completely wrong.

however the management of the forum  should endeavour to weed out any possible mal practises in this forum at random.

new commers please watch out.

thanks

16VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:59 am

chamil1

I too like VP's posts . When i was searching BFL came through some posts such as this. So i wanted to clarify . 

Good if VP can comment and clarify. I have no issue if it was another account of his or not.

17VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:20 am

hettdas

hettdas

Good work Investor1984. I also got caught to Marketwatch & BFL. I lost thousands due to BFL. He said BFL is better than NEST at that time. What a joke .Now we can understand how he cheated. Compare the present values of BFL & NEST. When he was promoting BFL , NEST was around 600. Now 2000+  SEC banned that site mainly because of Marketwatch. So think twice and analiyze  reports if someone  is promoting a share.

18VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:00 am

EPS

EPS
Expert
Expert

in 2011/12 BFL reported around 35 EPS & it was traded at 15x PER to arrive Price Rs.520/-.
Also, TAFL reported around 15 EPS & it was traded at 15x PER to arrive Price Rs.242/-.
We everybody know market went up rapidly in 2011 and most of companies were traded above 20x PER.
Is that wrong......?
Then we saw both companies reported lower EPS from 2012 to 2015. So, base on that Share prices came down.

But, like or dislike 2015 also, BFL is ready to give us above 30 EPS & TAFL is ready to give us above 15 EPS. So, We can expect again price appreciation for both shares.
I strongly believe by December'15, BFL will trade again above Rs.350/- and TAFL will trade above Rs.200/-. Also GRAN is ready to reach at least Rs.150/- plus.
Seems all three shares now ready to give us further above average return.
Good Luck.

19VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:01 am

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya

Noone talks about promotions such as

buy buy buy buy...........
Good news coming this week........

Shocked Shocked Shocked

20VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:45 am

Quibit

Value Pick is friend and gentleman. I like his approach and understanding of stock market. He has never got involved in a controversy nor offended any member of SLEF. He had been silently contributing and helping members over last 5 years without demanding any attention and respect of others. This is a rare quality compared to some of past senior members.  VP see the bigger picture when most of the investors see the small picture. I do follow him, as both are aware, our investment styles are different. Both are effective, efficient and economical. VP may be smarter than all of us Smile

21VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:11 am

samaritan

Yahapalanaya wrote:Noone talks about promotions such as

buy buy buy buy...........
Good news coming this week........

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I fully agree with you yahapalanaya,

The disgusting pavement hawker style promoters are spared by critics.VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Icon_evil

I am not trying to defend VP, but one must appreciate the good side as well.

22VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:22 am

lossorgain

lossorgain

If someone goes and buys stocks just bcas someone else promotes those please stay out of stock market. Just bcas someone would say hey Edna is better than Cadbury you don't really go and buy without checking ryt? specially in a forum where you don't know people personally if you start acting believing what people just say then you are not mature to use a forum. All of the things people say are their opinion and their calculations and it all is a risk just like buying stocks. Do your own checks and calculations without just coming for a free ride here.I have no clue why the heck a year old thread is being opened up again.

23VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:29 am

samaritan

Oh, an year old thread!!!! Why post mortem???????????????

Combined solution covering MarketWatch, Wisdom & Value Pick,

"WATCH THE MARKET USE YOUR OWN WISDOM AND PICK VALUE SHARES"

Problem solved, Cheers!!!VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Icon_lol

Last edited by samaritan on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total

24VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:31 am

vic19

vic19

Hi " lossorgain"

I think why this year old thread are being discussed now is that it mostly relates to bairaha farm stock.
Which as you know is frequently discussed in this forum these days.
In my view it is better for others to know about these past things so that it may be a lesson for others to be cautious.

25VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Empty Re: VALUEPICK = MARKETWATCH ?????????? Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:49 am

lossorgain

lossorgain

vic19 wrote:Hi " lossorgain"

I think why this year old thread are being discussed now is that it mostly relates to bairaha farm stock.
Which as you know is frequently discussed in this forum these days.
In my view it is better for others to know about these past things so that it may be a lesson for others to be cautious.

Fair point. But rather than pointing fingers at people (and based on an assumption only) it's better to put out a post saying these sort of experiences have been there so don't fall for promotions without your own analysis. 

I also bought Bairaha lol!  I was threatening Teller about it for fun but i don't blame any one for it. It was my decision and if I gain I will gain and if I lose I will lose

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum