FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dont get panic Some members creating Panic situatuon Here

+13
aran
jazstock
VALUEPICK
Nuwan Samarawickrama
ahamed112
worthiness
shadow walker
bandulawee
sampath.anuradha
NC
RayR
Sstar
NZ BOY
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

shadow walker

Vice President - Equity Analytics

i know there will be mega bull run.. but im waiting for correct time.. im trying to collect at low..
LIOC, COLO, REXP, COCR, HDFC VPEL, TKYO N & X...

i think there more time for turning point of ASI..

RPPA

Expert
Expert

NC wrote:
shadow walker wrote:NC

i think if you waited few more days you can collect these are at low price
Not at once little by little my PF is MAX 7 -8 and I collect 2/3 at bottom each counter and keep 1/3 cash at the signal trigger each counter.. Very Happy
If you're collecting solid fundamentals and I know after this correction bulls will run again like a hell its 5th leg above 10,000.. So, before the marathon race keep warm up and collect little by littel at bottoms... Very Happy

NC

People asking advice from us. What can we say. All thinking about 1 to 2 week fluctuations. Currently market fundamentals does not work. 

Where is the buyer? mach & sell. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

shadow walker

NC , VALUEPICK, SSTAR

what do you think about turning point.. in which level of ASI

Sstar

RPPA wrote:
NC wrote:

Not at once little by little my PF is MAX 7 -8 and I collect 2/3 at bottom each counter and keep 1/3 cash at the signal trigger each counter.. Very Happy
If you're collecting solid fundamentals and I know after this correction bulls will run again like a hell its 5th leg above 10,000.. So, before the marathon race keep warm up and collect little by littel at bottoms... Very Happy

NC

People asking advice from us. What can we say. All thinking about 1 to 2 week fluctuations. Currently market fundamentals does not work. 

I gave my advise in October 2014. To sell and be in cash!!! 100%
Some Laughed at me..
I cannot advise the guys who are holding on to stock with credit facilities. I will only advise the people what to buy and when to buy. There is little bit more time for that. Let see where this ASI is going to settle down before it turn corners.

ahamed112

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

People who sold on Monday looks good.

NC

NC
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

@ RPPA I think if they've invested in good counters nothing to worry.. and we all know good future a head.. So, advice to keep some cash in hand at the trigger. So, they could nicely average..
And don't let them to sell if they're in a sevior loss who hang from top.. its not easy to recover..
@ Shadowwalker I see two sups
so I'm looking @ 7000 or else 6850-6900.
Very Happy

NZ BOY

NZ BOY

Sstar wrote:Its Christmas and New Year. Retail investors need money for their annual spending. Most fund mangers and Institutional are going on holiday and market activity is generally low. General tendency is for the market to fall during December. Only exception was 2009 year in which Prabakaran was killed.

This year with the announcement of Election, Crossovers, forecast election results, likely interest rate fluctuations, we are in for an extraordinary December.

Dear Sstar,
You are creating so much Panic here

Nuwan Samarawickrama

ahamed112 wrote:People who sold on Monday looks good.

Some people criticized people who sold their PF last Monday & last week. Finally all we realized that they have taken right decision at right time.....!!!!

How ever i have cleared my all credits and sold more than 50% of my PF in last week.

Sstar

Sstar

NZ BOY wrote:
Sstar wrote:Its Christmas and New Year. Retail investors need money for their annual spending. Most fund mangers and Institutional are going on holiday and market activity is generally low. General tendency is for the market to fall during December. Only exception was 2009 year in which Prabakaran was killed.

This year with the announcement of Election, Crossovers, forecast election results, likely interest rate fluctuations, we are in for an extraordinary December.

Dear Sstar,
You are creating so much Panic here

Ok. I will stay out for today.. I thought forum is democratic.

NC

NC

Sstar wrote:
RPPA wrote:
NC wrote:

NC

Some Laughed at me..
I cannot advise the guys who are holding on to stock with credit facilities. I will only advise the people what to buy and when to buy. There is little bit more time for that. Let see where this ASI is going to settle down before it turn corners.

@ SSTAR you've loose avg 30% gains from capital which I've gained trading WATA, LIOC, ESL, Tkyo.X and KAPI from last couple of moths...
As I always said trade rationally, cut your looses and let run your profits Very Happy

Last edited by NC on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

I feel at any moment market can rebound strongly. This time I am not going to chase stocks as I want to identify real winners in the market in the next stages of major uptrend and beyond. I have faith on my existing portfolio. However by studying market if I can find out some attractive stocks then I will pick them. I just noticed some stocks are getting cheap unbelievably. Is it time to act? What about slow acting? Pick in very small quantity? I added small quantity during last two days.

Have a close look today and tomorrow! We should be able to get some idea. It is going be paradise for mid and long term players due to attractive valuations and growth in some industries and stocks now.

Good luck!

shadow walker

shadow walker

DEAR NZB
are you think that SSTAR doing a wrong thing.. she is telling the truth.. she doesnt make ASI down trend.. all begun with political risk..

RPPA

Expert
Expert

Yes. People who have cut their portfolios at an advantage.

But i count on market fundamentals. Not on panic selling. It is very difficult to predict irrational behaviour of people.

At the market recovery we should be able to earn. 

But i know actually what has happen from the beginning.

shadow walker

shadow walker

now some buying pressure for LIOC..

NC

NC

VALUEPICK wrote:I feel at any moment market can rebound strongly. This time I am not going to chase stocks as I want to identify real winners in the market in the next stages of major uptrend and beyond. I have faith on my existing portfolio. However by studying market if I can find out some attractive stocks then I will pick them. I just noticed some stocks are getting cheap unbelievably. Is it time to act? What about slow acting? Pick in very small quantity? I added small quantity during last two days.

Have a close look today and tomorrow! We should be able to get some idea. It is going be paradise for mid and long term players due to attractive valuations and growth in some industries and stocks now.

Good luck!
Thats Correct VP..
As I always said a trend cannot be easily killed, it can turn on its way at any time quickly.. So, better to hang little by little unless you will have to regret later..
Now opportunities everywhere.. Go through some valuation guide and select solid counters those missed you previously.. So, you can collect some huge profits in next year...
-GL

aran

aran
Manager - Equity Analytics

shadow walker wrote:DEAR NZB
are you think that SSTAR doing a wrong thing.. she is telling the truth..  she doesnt make ASI down trend.. all begun with political risk..
yeah we must accept the reality it may hard but accept it

jazstock

jazstock
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

RPPA, maybe those who do not have cash should sell their stocks once the market becomes somewhat green by december beginning atleast for small profit so that they can collect low by the end of Dec, God willingly? I think the major problem is money being stuck inside, and it might take some time to recover to normal position, let alone talk of profits!

aran

aran

Sstar ur welcome express ur ideas thats the real meaning of democracy what is ur idea now APSI resist to fall 7000

Sstar

Sstar

aran wrote:Sstar ur welcome express ur ideas thats the real meaning of democracy what is ur idea now APSI resist to fall 7000

Thanks. Since NZB warned me. I will stay out for today.

RPPA

Expert
Expert

jazstock wrote:RPPA, maybe those who do not have cash should sell their stocks once the market becomes somewhat green by december beginning atleast for small profit so that they can collect low by the end of Dec, God willingly? I think the major problem is money being stuck inside, and it might take some time to recover to normal position, let alone talk of profits!

Friend

Please check the last market major boom like this. In that there was dull trading in December. Just check.

Those days some were there or not market was very active. I think this Dec'14 market will be active. Wait & see.

NC

NC

"It is obvious some people wanted market to go down and when the chain reactions ( margin calls etc happens) happen they will say we told you so. Such people keep quiet during bull runs as they are powerless. They wait for opportunities when there is uncertainly in the country and weak minds to pounce and destroy the market that was build up on solid earning over many months.

Can someone answer this ?

Market was 7500 5-6 days ago. Now 7079. What is the main reason for this crash? Many months earning wipe off in few days.

Why? Will the companies at CSE go bankrupt next year. Will they report 50% less profit? Whether MR or MS comes will the stock market perform worse.

I am sure either party ( who comes to power) want the stock market to perform well as it is mirror of country's progress

Now what is happening is some manipulators and people with agendas are trying to get richer by collecting lower and lower. But at the expense of who? The innocent retailers who hold even fundamental companies trading below book value.

There is seriously something wrong now...."

Copied

aran

aran

ur right NC most of the people afraid to red days and expecting it will recover tomorrow or day-after tomorrow finally get frustrated and throwing the valuable shares for cheaper price big fishes get benefit from this Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

RPPA

Expert
Expert

aran wrote:ur right NC most of the people afraid to red days and expecting it will recover tomorrow or day-after tomorrow finally get frustrated and throwing the valuable shares for cheaper price  big fishes get benefit from this Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad  

Afraid of Red days means market immaturity. 

But we can't blame people who sold out. As that is there money when they lose it no one will give it back. They themselves has to earn it.

We have to live with it. Sri lankan market is like that. Very Happy

aran

aran

ur right RPPA i am also sold half of my on last friday not because panic friday ASI look strange and i expect more to fall.now slowly i collect valuable share at cheaper prices almost runing out of cash planning to invest further if market fall further Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Gainer

Gainer
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Tomorrow is the end of month and end of sale ,

Don't miss for buy major opportunity tomorrow.

Tomorrow may be green market possible.

Next week we can see the green market.

Jana

Jana
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Sstar wrote:
RPPA wrote:
NC wrote:

NC

Some Laughed at me..

I remember that , and got surprised now. how you empty your FP those time.. (you work for MY3 ..lol)
I accept your point ..I don't know why people not accept the real situation..
every one can safe the people from panic selling but if they said "why you try to panic others ....or don't panic .. market will go up " no point ..it doesn't go up..

any how I already trap by market but I don't panic now I pump bit more money and average now this is the good time to buy after long time..So keep buy little by little

I think as SStar said good time to enter after mid of Dec any how i am watching carefully now if any pick click on mind then I will buy those any time

Jana

Jana

Sstar wrote:
*Its Christmas and New Year.
*Retail investors need money for their annual spending.
*Most fund mangers and Institutional are going on holiday and market activity is generally low.
*General tendency is for the market to fall during December.
*Only exception was 2009 year in which Prabakaran was killed.

This year with the
announcement of Election,
Crossovers, Laughing Very Happy
forecast election results,
likely interest rate fluctuations,
we are in for an extraordinary December.

So good to wait bit more to buy good low price isn't it???? Laughing Rolling Eyes Idea Razz

aran

aran

Jana wrote:
Sstar wrote:
*Its Christmas and New Year.
*Retail investors need money for their annual spending.
*Most fund mangers and Institutional are going on holiday and market activity is generally low.
*General tendency is for the market to fall during December.
*Only exception was 2009 year in which Prabakaran was killed.

This year with the
announcement of Election,
Crossovers, Laughing Very Happy
forecast election results,
likely interest rate fluctuations,
we are in for an extraordinary December.

So good to wait bit more to buy good low price isn't it???? Laughing Rolling Eyes Idea Razz

yeah ur right better wait and see we may get the shares for mega discounts

Ernie Tissera

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

No need to panic. Wait and collect from bottom to average. Now wait and see game has started. Today it will be better.

bandulawee

Don't sell CTLD, TKYO, HHL, TJL, JINS at current prices. They should appreciate to pre Presidential election announcement. Don't be guided panic setters and have faith. Things should be much better after Papal visit. God Bless SEC.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum