Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum

Discussion Forum for Stock Market Investors in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Submit Post
Submit Post
Market Place

Add an ad

View all ads

Latest topics

» Browns investments
by Winner123 Today at 10:44 am

» PAN ASIA BANK
by samaritan Today at 7:03 am

» CFVF.N0000 - Deal at What price?
by Winner123 Yesterday at 8:35 pm

» Profitability of all the banks slides down on bigger margins
by hammurabi Yesterday at 8:25 pm

» Why AAIC Should trade above RS.50/-
by wisdom79 Yesterday at 8:17 pm

» Gotabaya Rajapaksha will named after 10th August. Aspi will move above 6500
by deli Yesterday at 7:43 pm

» කව්ද පකීර් ?(who is the Veteran)
by reyaz Yesterday at 7:32 pm

» Positive News
by samaritan Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» lOFC definitely will hit 6/-
by wealth123 Yesterday at 7:06 pm

» News AEL super report in this quarter Don't sell ..
by sheildskye Yesterday at 6:59 pm

» JKH will touch 175 very soon
by Teller Yesterday at 11:12 am

» HEXP : GOOD TO COLLECT BELOW RS.85
by Trader321 Yesterday at 10:20 am

» ASHO will hit moon. Deal with SLTB
by Bakka1988 Yesterday at 9:38 am

» LOLC Holding( LOLC N.0000)
by stockback Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:31 pm

» CFVF.N0000 :Amazing Result- Quarter Profit more than Half Billion
by Winner123 Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:43 pm

» GLASS (piramal glass ceylon plc) from
by Teller Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:02 am

» Kzoo vs onal
by wisdom79 Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:45 pm

» GREG is back
by wisdom79 Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:42 pm

» AAIC - Profit over one billion!!!!!
by wisdom79 Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:39 pm

» Sri Lankan Billionaire Dhammika Perera may Spend Rs. 10 Billion for a Presidential Campaign without any Risk! His Daily Casino Profits said to be over Rs. 50 Million
by Teller Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:40 am

» CFVF : Another dividend ?
by Promoney Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:28 pm

» CFVF.N0000 & PARQ.N0000 - These two counters Must be in your Portfolios
by Trader321 Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:39 pm

» PARQ.N0000 : Target Price Rs. 50 /=
by Hewagak Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:01 pm

» TAP Less than 1% Shares in the Market
by sanjulanka Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:10 pm

» AEL PRICE TUESDAY
by Winner123 Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:09 pm

» what is the future of KHL (JOHN KEELES HOTELS)
by bhanu Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:03 pm

» TKYO.X0000 will it move furthur?
by bhanu Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:00 pm

» stock market investors and cheated those who approached them.
by Asoka Samarakone Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:14 am

» LLMP can run in present market
by wealth123 Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:03 am

» Where Is Equity Champ
by Teller Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:52 am

» Pending AEL crossing @ Rs.20 deal near soon..
by EPS Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:26 pm

» HI EVERY ONE I'M NEW TO THE MARKET PLEASE HELP ME IS IT GOOD TIME TO ENTER THE MARKET AND WHAT IS GOOD TO BUy?
by King of vice Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:38 am

» Let's Pump And Dump BUT...
by King of vice Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:26 am

» Be careful CTBL share
by MarketWch Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:59 pm

» ඔරියන්ට් ෆ්යිනැන්ස් -විකිනීම ස්තිරයි - අද ද අයිලන්ඩ් පුවත් පත බලන්න 2020 වෙනකම් පුලුවන් නම් තියා ගන්න - අදහා ගන්න බැරි ආදායමක් ලබන්න
by sanjulanka Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:38 pm

» BFN BFN BFN ගොන් කම අත ඇරල ටික කාලයක් අල්ලන් හිටියනම් ඔක්කොමලා ගොඩ BFN BFN BUY AND HOLD -
by sanjulanka Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:11 am

» Next run DOCK?
by Eng Krishantha Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:41 pm

» EAST WEST PRICE
by Ahcha Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:13 pm

» Your thoughts about GREG.N and SPEN.N
by shihan 93 Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:31 am

» East West result is to be published
by samansilva Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:22 pm

» Union Bank website wins gold at dotCOMM awards 2019
by MarketWch Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:53 pm

» Prepare now, and get rich later.
by Asoka Samarakone Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:28 pm

» Hayles Result is out
by Capton KIng Cool Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:07 pm


You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » What are the most suitable short term stocks?

What are the most suitable short term stocks?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What are the most suitable short term stocks? Empty What are the most suitable short term stocks? on Thu May 07, 2015 9:04 pm

er06

er06
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Experts, need your help. give your ideas.!!!

kumarweerarathne

kumarweerarathne
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
TJL
PLC
VPEL
VFIN
ESL
LGL

Gainer

Gainer
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
BRR short term and high profit

piras

piras
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
VPEL
VFIN
CDB.N
CDB.X
AHUN
CRL

5What are the most suitable short term stocks? Empty Will VPEL pass Rs.12.00? on Thu May 07, 2015 10:29 pm

er06

er06
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Will VPEL pass Rs.12.00, or what will be the maximum for it?

Runnerx


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Add cocr and osea

fireshelter

fireshelter
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
i don't think OSEA good for short term now becaus of right issue

Senior Citizen

Senior Citizen
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
SIRA AND PLC are sure bets.

Both are kicking their heels in the dust!

MAKARA


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
How is BRR. WHY ALL ARE KEEN ON BRR...

shadow walker

shadow walker
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Senior Citizen wrote:SIRA AND PLC are sure bets.

Both are kicking their heels in the dust!

SIRA silent killer cheers cheers cheers

Gainer

Gainer
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Hotel sector

Harry82

Harry82
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
DIST

seem


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
sira and oseas good, oseas special because of right issue, after the right issue, it will go up its back stage of 28.

piras

piras
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
OSEA, CDB and JINS

Tdissa


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
When Sira start its race

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert
It is hard to predict stocks prices in the short run. However Lot of stocks will go up in a strong bull market. There will be light at the end of tunnel for some stocks in the coming weeks and months. Any stock can become break out stock or very bullish stock once market build base for second wave and then start to rise strongly. If we analyse market so far we saw some trend in selected stocks. There are plenty of value stocks in the market. Finally every asset, stock has risk and return. If we want to trade short term it is better to identify short term crowded socks having full of short term traders. If we want to play mid and long term investment it is better to identify companies with mid and long term investors. This market has all types of stocks. In bull market don’t think about short term stocks. Good luck!

er06

er06
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
@VALUEPICK wrote:It is hard to predict stocks prices in the short run. However Lot of stocks will go up in a strong bull market. There will be light at the end of tunnel for some stocks in the coming weeks and months. Any stock can become break out stock or very bullish stock once market build base for second wave and then start to rise strongly. If we analyse market so far we saw some trend in selected stocks. There are plenty of value stocks in the market. Finally every asset, stock has risk and return. If we want to trade short term it is better to identify short term crowded socks having full of short term traders. If we want to play mid and long term investment it is better to identify companies with mid and long term investors. This market has all types of stocks. In bull market don’t think about short term stocks. Good luck!

Thanks a lot VALUEPICK, Any advices regarding choosing mid term & long term stocks? I'd very much appreciate your response Shocked

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert
@er06 wrote:
@VALUEPICK wrote:It is hard to predict stocks prices in the short run. However Lot of stocks will go up in a strong bull market. There will be light at the end of tunnel for some stocks in the coming weeks and months. Any stock can become break out stock or very bullish stock once market build base for second wave and then start to rise strongly. If we analyse market so far we saw some trend in selected stocks. There are plenty of value stocks in the market. Finally every asset, stock has risk and return. If we want to trade short term it is better to identify short term crowded socks having full of short term traders. If we want to play mid and long term investment it is better to identify companies with mid and long term investors. This market has all types of stocks. In bull market don’t think about short term stocks. Good luck!

Thanks a lot VALUEPICK, Any advices regarding choosing mid term & long term stocks? I'd very much appreciate your response :shock:

I would suggest picking value stocks in the market. Unbelievably this market has lot of value stocks in almost all the sectors. Other option is try to pick stocks trading great discount to the market. Have a balance portfolio. Pay attention to non cyclical stocks and defensive stocks as well.  Good luck!

investcsesl

investcsesl
Expert
Expert
@er06 wrote:Will VPEL pass Rs.12.00, or what will be the maximum for it?
I feel VPEL is overvalued at current prices.

NAV as at 31 December 2014 – Rs. 3.37

Currently trading at above Rs. 9.30

My buying price of VPEL is 2 x NAV = Rs.  6.5-7.0 (maximum)

Due to current earnings this is trading almost 3 times NAV but if we experience long dry season then the earnings will be reversed.

For me there are better stocks in power sector especially in the renewable Energy segment, like Mackwood Energy - MEL.

NAV of MEL – Rs. 7.25

Currently trading at Rs. 6.20

All time low – Rs. 5.90

I think MEL is a risk free investment and value for money at current prices.



Last edited by investcsesl on Mon May 11, 2015 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typing Error)

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert
In short term, any stock can go up suddenly depend on the demand. However if we can target more than six months to five years we should be able to gain super returns from supper stocks. In any market, there are some seasonal bull stocks and they lead the market. If we can identify out of favour companies, industries which are going to have turnaround situation and strong outlook, then also we can have above average returns. In addition, there are cyclical and non cyclical stocks in the market. At different time different stocks can lead the group. When a group become very bullish many stocks in the group will appreciate rapidly. Finally, there are bullish stocks according to the stages of market as well. Short term trading can bring huge losses. On the other hand picking stocks using good strategy and having long term target could minimize losses in the market.

investcsesl

investcsesl
Expert
Expert
@VALUEPICK wrote:
In short term, any stock can go up suddenly depend on the demand. However if we can target more than six months to five years we should be able to gain super returns from supper stocks. In any market, there are some seasonal bull stocks and they lead the market. If we can identify out of favour companies, industries which are going to have turnaround situation and strong outlook, then also we can have above average returns. In addition, there are cyclical and non cyclical stocks in the market. At different time different stocks can lead the group. When a group become very bullish many stocks in the group will appreciate rapidly. Finally, there are bullish stocks according to the stages of market as well. Short term trading can bring huge losses. On the other hand picking stocks using good strategy and having long term target could minimize losses in the market.

100% agree with VP.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Similar topics

-

» Few stocks to watch

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum