FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly

+10
$$$
limestone
maalinda
mono
sapumal
Gaja
RDS
sunbee
KDS
Stockmate
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Empty Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:02 pm

Stockmate

Manager - Equity Analytics

In this forum , as I have seen, manipulation means "Attempts to increase the the share price" in order to sell at a high price. Please note that it is not always true.Manipulation takes place as follows for following reasons.
1.To sell collected shares at a higher price to increase the capital gain.Then if you are lured to buy at the peak you lose but the manipulator wins. Fake news, rumors are widely used for this in forums for this.
2.To bring down the price of a share that has a great future value to collect at a lower price. Creating Panic and adverse campaigns carried out in forums are used for this.

I have noticed both in this forum. Be ware. Try to identify manipulatory attempts. Do not be carried away. Of you hold good shares stick to your targets.Then you can over power the manipulators.

When second type manipulators are at work you can see very aggressive anti-share campaigns. They may even used foul language against each other.

There is another type of manipulatory campaigners. They are the agents of rival companies. They use the jargon related to the sector very well as they are also from the same sector and they are very familiar with the sector jargon. They carry out such campaigns in an organized manner.

Do not use any forum to look for "Buy" or "Sell" recommendations. We can find useful information in forums but do not let them blind you.

One dirty manipulatory attempt is still going on in this forum these days. One team is using every thing to bring down PCH. Some are trying to rise it sky high. Now the cat is out of the bag. Can you see new posts appear in favor of Softlogic.
But sift logic is not coming as an IT company. Their IPO is to improve their Finance Company (Soft Logic Finance of Soft logic Holding)
http://www.dailynews.lk/2011/02/01/bus03.asp

Do not be blind followers of forums.

KDS

KDS
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I agree on your manipulation though its seems its targeted at a single share which all know and much talked about.

Most members in this forum try to educate the entry level participants of CSE not to get caught on such inflated shares. But people who know how to play the game right and have the guts to do so in these risk counters are not the final recipients for these posts. End of the day its your money, we can not decide on how to use your money !!!

sunbee

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Stockmate,

by telling this you have already got minus reputation here !

RDS

RDS

i think same thing happen today.
Price reduce to 22 level & sudeenly climb to 25.
what we can call for this

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

YOUR MONEY, YOUR DECISION, YOUR PROFIT & YOUR LOSS

sapumal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

I doubt the existence of lot of undervalued stocks in the current market
So I prefer to earn some money through retailing
Most of the people don't like my comments on REEF
I know reef is a manipulated stock. But finally it will give us good return. We can't stop REEF moving.
But most important thing is people who is going to invest REEF needs to know it is high risk high return stock.

mono

mono

Some are trying to rise it sky high. Now the cat is out of the bag. Can you see new posts appear in favor of Softlogic.
But sift logic is not coming as an IT company. Their IPO is to improve their Finance Company (Soft Logic Finance of Soft logic Holding)

Rolling Eyes

can't you come up with a better story than this. it's not even interesting, let alone believable.

just so you guys know, i bought 15 million PCH shares at the 23 levels today. Wink

Gaja

Sapumal i like to add this to your post, well even though high risk brings high returns, i request all to make sure, do the day trading or short term trading only if you have the holding capacity, and avoid doing it on credit because if the price come downs or it caught under 10% rule then you will be in real risk.

This is the experience of some of my close friends, and i prefer medium term trading ( 6 to 15 months )

RDS

RDS

6 months back, sold some of my shares @ loss, thinking to cover that from another.
neary 30% of my PF reduced.
i have missed severals rallies due that.

Finally it take 6 months to come back to same level again.

10Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Empty Re: Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:38 pm

maalinda

mono wrote:
Rolling Eyes

can't you come up with a better story than this. it's not even interesting, let alone believable.

just so you guys know, i bought 15 million PCH shares at the 23 levels today. Wink

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes where did you get 15 million ? only 6 million traded. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

11Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Empty Re: Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:43 pm

mono

mono

maalinda wrote:
mono wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes where did you get 15 million ? only 6 million traded. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

well.....

I'm simply keeping up with the theme.

we shouldn't let reality spoil the fun here.

12Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Empty RE :learn to identify manipulators Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:51 pm

limestone

limestone

only 5,566,700 PCH shares traded today . we can see one manupulater alredy.

13Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Empty Re: Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:55 pm

mono

mono

limestone wrote:only 5,566,700 PCH shares traded today . we can see one manupulater alredy.

here. this might help you a little

sar·casm   
[sahr-kaz-uhm]
–noun
1.harsh or bitter derision or irony.

2.a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm

just in case that wasn't enough. here's more

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

14Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Empty Re: Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:02 pm

sapumal

Gaja wrote:Sapumal i like to add this to your post, well even though high risk brings high returns, i request all to make sure, do the day trading or short term trading only if you have the holding capacity, and avoid doing it on credit because if the price come downs or it caught under 10% rule then you will be in real risk.

This is the experience of some of my close friends, and i prefer medium term trading ( 6 to 15 months )

agreed.
Also new investors should avoid from doing very short term investment

Also some of the people(sometime me as well) doesn't respect short term investors in this forum . But I can say some of the users are interested about these kind of manipulated stocks. We should do fair for all kind of traders.
I suggest to have 2 forums, one for medium/long term analyzes, one for short term trading.
Also short term trading section post should be meaningful. NEWs,GOSSIPS, FUTURE POSSIBLE DEVELOPMENTS etc.
with this approach most of the unnecessary argument can be avoided

15Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Empty Re: Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:51 pm

$$$

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Well I really don't see an anti PCH Vs Pro PCH see constructive criticism against sour grapes. The problem is many people in this forum have PCH or want it going up due to vested interests...I for one don't have PCH and don't intend on getting in to it unless I want to day trade (taking a risk ) or when I see that it's price reflects its current Earnings ( Not it's future Growth based on some PR articles in the Media).... when the facts are spoken the investors who have PCH get all defensive and say that the others are trying to bring PCH down eg : Post PCH will shine tomorrow...well we all know how it shined .....we don't want people burning their hands thats all specially the new comers who will buy on any rumour or speculation resulting in them losing money. Those who have PCH well you guys got in to it , a few of us giving our views is surely not going to bring it down....best thing is average and wait for the next push .... when an outsider reads these posts he or she will truly see the genuineness and the people with vested interests....it's simple as ABC

16Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Empty Re: Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Academic

$$$ wrote:Well I really don't see an anti PCH Vs Pro PCH see constructive criticism against sour grapes. The problem is many people in this forum have PCH or want it going up due to vested interests...I for one don't have PCH and don't intend on getting in to it unless I want to day trade (taking a risk ) or when I see that it's price reflects its current Earnings ( Not it's future Growth based on some PR articles in the Media).... when the facts are spoken the investors who have PCH get all defensive and say that the others are trying to bring PCH down eg : Post PCH will shine tomorrow...well we all know how it shined .....we don't want people burning their hands thats all specially the new comers who will buy on any rumour or speculation resulting in them losing money. Those who have PCH well you guys got in to it , a few of us giving our views is surely not going to bring it down....best thing is average and wait for the next push .... when an outsider reads these posts he or she will truly see the genuineness and the people with vested interests....it's simple as ABC

Thanks for being genuine.

Whether stated opinion become true or false, what is important in this forum is expressing genuine thoughts. So + rep to $$$ from me! Like a Star @ heaven

17Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Empty Re: Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:48 pm

mono

mono

I'm just enjoying the melodrama.

p.s: that star looks gay

18Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Empty Re: Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Academic

mono wrote:I'm just enjoying the melodrama.

p.s: that star looks gay
flower

19Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Empty Re: Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:20 pm

tubal

$$$ wrote:.....we don't want people burning their hands thats all specially the new comers who will buy on any rumour or speculation resulting in them losing money.

I think you really ought to reconsider it. Leave them to it. They seem quite happy to get burned. And they are an essential component of markets. ie smart money vs dumb money. For smart money to make more money, dumb money has to give it away. I am not saying I am smart money, I've been dumb enough i the past.

20Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Empty Re: Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:51 am

Fresher

mono wrote:
limestone wrote:only 5,566,700 PCH shares traded today . we can see one manupulater alredy.

here. this might help you a little
sar·casm   
[sahr-kaz-uhm]
–noun
1.harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2.a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm
just in case that wasn't enough. here's more
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

that's FUN! Very Happy

21Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Empty Re: Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:13 pm

$$$

Love the flower Smile ..... and Mono u sound sexy

22Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Empty Re: Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:53 pm

tubal

$$$ , congrats on being made a mod. I see that you are catching up for lost time today :-)

23Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Empty Re: Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:16 pm

mission

$$$ wrote:Love the flower Smile ..... and Mono u sound sexy

its getting weirder day by day...

24Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Empty Re: Learn to Identify Manipulators quickly Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:59 pm

$$$

Thanks Tubal well was in two minds to except but agreed to be a mod as it does not cramp my style in any way . Mission yeah it does lol. I think this forum is the way to go I may be wrong but things look good for now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum