FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka ranked in the list of the most failed states

+20
rajithasamaranayake
chamillion
themask
kam2011
thushanthas
dsam
is
Suthar
duke
Slstock
limestone
Hiru
Chinwi
pushpakumara
anees
bettersrilanka
xhora
mark
MoneyLover
ishnet
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

ishnet

ishnet
Manager - Equity Analytics

"Sri Lanka ranked 29 in the list of the most failed states"

Sri Lanka ranked 29 in the list of the most failed states ", the prestigious Foreign Policy magazine said in its latest annual ranking.

Sri Lanka ranked high in the Factionalized Elite criteria scoring 9.5 while Group Grievances scored 9.4.

Sri Lanka’s neighboring countries such as Pakistan is at number 12, Myanmar is at 18, Bangladesh (25); Nepal (27), and Bhutan is at 50 in a list of 60 countries in which African countries dominate.

On Sri Lanka, it said, "The government's final push against the rebels relied on the shelling of civilians and other atrocities, according to a 2010 report by the International Crisis Group.

"The most recent statistics from last year indicate that some 327,000 are still displaced from the conflict."

"Despite the pronounced fractures still lingering, the Sinhalese-dominated government in Colombo seems eager to forget the past," it added.

Other countries in the top 10 are Chad, Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Haiti, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan Central African Republic and Iraq. (Sources: The Economic Times)
http://www.dailymirror.lk/news/12038-sri-lanka-on-failed-state-index-2011.html

Last edited by mark on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : topic changed)

MoneyLover

MoneyLover

All these are politically motivated. However it is government's responsibility to setup counter arrangement to explain the truth.

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

why those selecting buggers cant put USA and related European butchers,blood suckers......xxxxxxxx in the top levels.........they will be vanished when every bleeding country united.......will see
i don't care this....... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

xhora

xhora
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

If I'm not mistaken this is not the first time SL has entered this list.
I think we are constantly in bottom 20 since 2005 or so.

So I won't think this would make a huge difference.

bettersrilanka

bettersrilanka

totally agree with mark... Embarassed

http://lankafunpicture.blogspot.com

anees

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Thumbs up, Mark.

pushpakumara

Another version of channel 4?

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

"The prestigious Foreign Policy magazine" ?

Who cares ? We all are aware of these kinds of bullshit .
Do not show your madness by putting these rubbish here as
"Another bad news for CSE " Nonsense.

Hiru

Chinwi wrote:"The prestigious Foreign Policy magazine" ?

Who cares ? We all are aware of these kinds of bullshit .
Do not show your madness by putting these rubbish here as
"Another bad news for CSE " Nonsense.

Well said. I will support firmly.

limestone

limestone

"The most recent statistics from last year indicate that some 327,000 are still displaced from the conflict."
this is old data . I understand that less than 50,000 are in the camps now.

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Who compiled this list? What is their criteria. Are their country all clean and innocent if they evaluate themselves using the same criteria.
Talk about being conceited.

Tell them to fly a kite and mind out own business. Let us take Sri Lanka towards a brighter future.

duke

It's the fault of the Sri Lankans. I wonder what those Sri Lankans living abroad are doing for their country. These terrorists become MPs, get inside media channels, publish their propaganda, make movies. Foreigners think Sri Lankans are like Nazis.
But our Sri Lankans expatriates can only occasionally get together somewhere and shout, disturbing the public and giving a negative impression to the world. Instead Sri Lankans should run for local governments, get inside UN, so called human rights organizations, get inside media channels and fight the propaganda.

Slstock

Slstock

duke wrote:It's the fault of the Sri Lankans. I wonder what those Sri Lankans living abroad are doing for their country. These terrorists become MPs, get inside media channels, publish their propaganda, make movies. Foreigners think Sri Lankans are like Nazis.
But our Sri Lankans expatriates can only occasionally get together somewhere and shout, disturbing the public and giving a negative impression to the world. Instead Sri Lankans should run for local governments, get inside UN, so called human rights organizations, get inside media channels and fight the propaganda.

I am currently abroad. I host cultural shows occasionally. I take few minutes as a duty to introduce and educate foriegners about Sri Lanka. Most are ignorant.
Also after I say I am from Sri Lanka. I ask them a) do you know where Sri Lanka is ? b) what do you know of our country?
Then I go from there to clear misconceptions. Just doing my little bit.

ishnet

ishnet

slstock wrote:
duke wrote:It's the fault of the Sri Lankans. I wonder what those Sri Lankans living abroad are doing for their country. These terrorists become MPs, get inside media channels, publish their propaganda, make movies. Foreigners think Sri Lankans are like Nazis.

I am currently abroad. I host cultural shows occasionally. I take few minutes as a duty to introduce and educate foriegners about Sri Lanka. Most are ignorant.
Also after I say I am from Sri Lanka. I ask them a) do you know where Sri Lanka is ? b) what do you know of our country?
Then I go from there to clear misconceptions. Just doing my little bit.

Grade work,+ rep from me to your effort,

Suthar

Suthar

100% agree with Chnwi and Mark. We have to be true Sri lankans. If we start to belive these craps we will be enemies of our country.

These all are political pressures putting to put down our country, we must not care these rubish.

is

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

who cares.We all know what is happening here.It is not definitely a failed state.. we shd make an argument of their rationale for mark us as failed state... if they mark as a failed state, that definitely tells that their research methodology is incorrect...any way who care....

dsam

dsam

Great work slstock,Those white skin cannibals forget what they have done 100 year ago.

duke

lol! Somebody gave negative. It's either a terrorist sympathizer or a stupid sri lankan lot who is famed for that phrase 'kuwun kanna suraya'. Probably the latter.

thushanthas

thushanthas
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

mark wrote:why those selecting buggers cant put USA and related European butchers,blood suckers......xxxxxxxx in the top levels.........they will be vanished when every bleeding country united.......will see
i don't care this....... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

totally agreed.
look at the top pisitions Pakistan , Afganistan , Iraq All are victims of America's and NATO's foreign policy.

kam2011

xhora wrote:If I'm not mistaken this is not the first time SL has entered this list.
I think we are constantly in bottom 20 since 2005 or so.

So I won't think this would make a huge difference.

Yes, I also don't think this would affect the market.

themask

themask

Yes we were there before as well. But I'm not happy about whats happening in the country in recent times. The rulers have so much of power and seems to be out of control. Then on the other side people like Mervyn and Duminda Silva are freely doing their stuff. See what happened after those drug dealers escaped from Duminda Silvas Jeep? No action. The court cases against them were withdrawn and the list goes on..

chamillion

chamillion
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

As srilankans we are victorious state.
I doubt the stats of wild white west.
this NGO crisis group helped LTTE all this years
and they arranged Channel4 bogus video to show at UN few days ago

rajithasamaranayake

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

What is this so called prestigious magazine??? Who need their rankings?? Obviously the West is using this magazine to tarnish our image. A few of their comments I read indicates their ulterior motives

We can only see America and a few european countries becoming failed states.

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Expert
Expert

Theres no other country like Srilanka.Its a paradise. Our politicians and political system is not good. Rogues and thugs get eleceted and ruling the country.

look at Japan, within 3 months of the Tsunami disaster japanese Economy shows signs of bouncing back. What did our politicans do when we faced the same situ, they robbed the money.

All the people live in harmony in colombo, Why cant that be in North and East. The Singapore Deputy prime Min is a Sri Lankan (Tamil), The 2nd richest person in Malaysia is a Srilankan (tamil). Why cant Srilanka make use of them rather getting the use of Karuna,pillayan , KB and Mervyn Silva

limestone

limestone

limestone wrote:

this is old data . I understand that less than 50,000 are in the camps now.

TO THE PERSON WHO GAVE ME A NEGATIVE MARK FOR THE ABOVE COMMENT
Please come up with correct figures if I am wrong

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum