FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:18 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

No one talking about DPL....

+4
rcharindu
windi5
RIO
banarahu
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No one talking about DPL....  Empty No one talking about DPL.... Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:37 pm

banarahu

banarahu
Manager - Equity Analytics

DPL, one of the major tropic in last year.
Most people still holding their stocks.
Now it's on bargain price... Exclamation

2No one talking about DPL....  Empty Re: No one talking about DPL.... Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:54 pm

RIO

RIO
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

banarahu wrote:DPL, one of the major tropic in last year.

oki lets talk DPL...

Pls explain how & why you say its @ Bargain price now

3No one talking about DPL....  Empty Re: No one talking about DPL.... Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:20 pm

windi5

windi5

DPL is occuring losses in last few quarters. It runs only when greg family runs.
Last quarter EPS= -0.45
Last quarter NAVPS= 10.46
It seems DPL is over valued.

4No one talking about DPL....  Empty Re: No one talking about DPL.... Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:22 pm

rcharindu

rcharindu

DPL will run back to 40's..

5No one talking about DPL....  Empty Re: No one talking about DPL.... Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:35 pm

ashoka1966

ashoka1966
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

RIO wrote:
banarahu wrote:DPL, one of the major tropic in last year.

oki lets talk DPL...

Pls explain how & why you say its @ Bargain price now
I think banarahu may have gone through how the share price fluctuated during last 12 months and according to the prices this share traded , yes..I also agree with him that the today’s price is at bargain. But it a separate question how to evaluate the share or rather justify the value of the share analyzing fundamentals because as per 30th June quarterly report;

Loss for the period was around 32Million where as EPS stand at negative0.45.

But, Rio ,Windi5 , can you say DPL now is not at a bargain price compared to the share price of the past.

When EAST reached Rs.50/-, TFC reached 40/-,ACME reached 27/-ALUF reached 170/-…so..on..were you able to justify share price of them too?

How can you say DPL for less than 40/- is not at a bargain price? Tomorrow DPL might reach even Rs.100/- without any reason. Then you’ll agree DPL@40/- was a real bargain.

Please note this is CSE. It is of no use going behind fundamentals here in CSE. CSE is the place to worship for manipulators. But for genuine poor investors who like to invest in fundamentally sound stocks on long term basis …….is ..a ..damn cesspool.....

(Please note that I do not hold DPL in my portfolio.)

6No one talking about DPL....  Empty Re: No one talking about DPL.... Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:40 pm

windi5

windi5

Dear ashoka. We cant depend on the past prices when evaluating a particular share. We have to depend , mainly, on their financial reports, in the the end profit or loss is the matter. Not only financials, we have to go through their future planing and the system in which they gonna achieve them. we have to consider future potentials of their field of business, how conducive government polices on that field.etc.

We should stick to the fundamentals, otherwise we will hear sad stories every day form our members asking helps to get rid of situations after they trapped with craps .

Most of shares you mentioned above are speculative ones. ppl speculate that a particular share is gonna hit 50,60 ,70 etc., and buy them. cant justify appreciations of those shares with theirs fundamentals.

Stick to the fundamentally strong shares as much as possible where you can get fair amount of dividends and good return after some times, instead of depending of speculative shares.

Those speculative shares are good for intelligent and experienced players for swing trading but not for beginners or less experienced traders.

7No one talking about DPL....  Empty Re: No one talking about DPL.... Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:13 am

ABEST

it is GREG group, if GREG group move up DPL also go up

here no work for fundamental shares

8No one talking about DPL....  Empty Re: No one talking about DPL.... Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:59 am

RIO

RIO

ashoka1966 wrote:
I think banarahu may have gone through how the share price fluctuated during last 12 months and according to the prices this share traded , yes..I also agree with him that the today’s price is at bargain. But it a separate question how to evaluate the share or rather justify the value of the share analyzing fundamentals because as per 30th June quarterly report;

Loss for the period was around 32Million where as EPS stand at negative0.45.

But, Rio ,Windi5 , can you say DPL now is not at a bargain price compared to the share price of the past.

When EAST reached Rs.50/-, TFC reached 40/-,ACME reached 27/-ALUF reached 170/-…so..on..were you able to justify share price of them too?

How can you say DPL for less than 40/- is not at a bargain price? Tomorrow DPL might reach even Rs.100/- without any reason. Then you’ll agree DPL@40/- was a real bargain.

Please note this is CSE. It is of no use going behind fundamentals here in CSE. CSE is the place to worship for manipulators. But for genuine poor investors who like to invest in fundamentally sound stocks on long term basis …….is ..a ..damn cesspool.....

(Please note that I do not hold DPL in my portfolio.)

Hikz...should we laugh Laughing or cry Sad
Yes I still say loudly DPL is not at Bargain...!

Asoka 1966, Just because of the past share price was high & if that same share is trading lesser now means it's a bargain...? from where did you learn this philosophy...?
I ask you to explain that theory with using a simple info provided here...

01. VANIK was traded @ 120/- few years back & now is it @ bargain price...
02.. BFL traded @ 520/- few months back & now 295/- ...is it @ bargain...?
03. LHCL traded @ 110/- few weeks back & now 60/- is it @ bargain...?
will you buy any of these @ present prices ...?
Buddy I can arrange a deal for 10mn Vanik @ 0.10 if you are willing to buy...awesome no it's really a bargain it was traded @ 120/- also...Hikz

Now I have given you info of 03 stocks which falls under the category of
01. Traded few years back
02.Traded few months back
03.Traded few weeks back
Don't say this is CSE this is CSE...and try to skip off the question...!

Waiting for your reply...

9No one talking about DPL....  Empty Re: No one talking about DPL.... Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:27 am

RIO

RIO

Asoka1966, where are yooooouuuuuu..............!

I'm waiting for a reply buddy....! Very Happy

10No one talking about DPL....  Empty Re: No one talking about DPL.... Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:30 am

RIO

RIO

Dear banarahu.,
Wonder what happened to you ...! waiting for your reply with facts for justifying "DPL is undervalued"...!.... Shocked

11No one talking about DPL....  Empty Re: No one talking about DPL.... Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:41 pm

banarahu

banarahu

No one say it's under valued,
It's at bargain price according to facts within one year...

52 Wk.High 98
52 Wk.low 34

I think the best period to analyze is 1 yr. I have analyzed nearly 200 companies carefully and specially trading in this period. More than 1 1/2 years are use less to analyze for majority of companies. Difficult to predict this by fundamental analysis... Smile

12No one talking about DPL....  Empty Re: No one talking about DPL.... Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:05 pm

ashoka1966

ashoka1966
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

RIO wrote:Asoka1966, where are yooooouuuuuu..............!

I'm waiting for a reply buddy....! Very Happy
Hello Rio;
Buddy I was not able to visit the forum this morning since I was busy with some other business.
Ok……There are many a theory for evaluation of a stock.
But..what is the point of having such a theorem …if so called fundamentally sound stock depreciating day by day.
What is our ultimate goal ? It is to increase the value of our portfolio at the end of the day or taking profit.
Basically what I wanted to emphasize is that a speculative share such as DPL has the potential to return to it’s previous level , rather than a fundamentally sound stock return to its previous higher level due to speculative nature of the CSE.

Windi5:
Thank you my friend for yoyr comments. I totally agree with you.

13No one talking about DPL....  Empty Re: No one talking about DPL.... Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:57 pm

RIO

RIO

Banarahu & Asoka1966,

My dear friends....you both are talking of price fluctuations & comparisons of 52 week High...a share should reach its previous levels again....! Brother is this applies only to upward movements...? or otherwise could it be like this too

If X shares 52 week low was Rs 10/- & previous lowest was Rs. 5/- should that X share should drop to that 10/- or 5/- from present value... scratch
Take LFIN or CFIN & explain this pls...! will they both fall to 65 & 120 ...? scratch

think why did CFIN & LFIN moved up...then why they are not falling down as your theory of returning to previous value ...that's fundamentals brother

Many guys have undergone a brain wash by manipulators with the help of brokers & also few PPL of forums too....It's the thing called as "Gobbels Theory" when you say something repeatedly for a long time it becomes a visibly true (but it's not the truth).

Now here what has done by the manipulators is establishing a mental ideology of "Fundamentals do not work @ CSE" therefore you guys rush behind stingy crap stocks where those manipulators scrape your life earnings in the way of rallies.

When People are not looking at fundamentally strong counters yes they will not move up because Aliens will not purchase stocks at CSE. So it's you me & we have to switch into fundamentals..then every one could be happy as no one may lose their hard earn money.

Hope this helps you to understand whats going on CSE...!

14No one talking about DPL....  Empty Re: No one talking about DPL.... Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:30 am

soileconomy

soileconomy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

If we Have 1000 investors like RIO out of 94000 CDS accounts.
We really lucky.
Hats off my dear friend.
We need people like you.
Really encouraging to have people like you.

15No one talking about DPL....  Empty Re: No one talking about DPL.... Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:35 am

soileconomy

soileconomy

If you have gone through the news papers recently you will come to know how DPL was manipulated by GREG and DPL is one of the reasons they imposed penalty on GREG.

16No one talking about DPL....  Empty Re: No one talking about DPL.... Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:34 pm

bakapandithaya

bakapandithaya
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

DPL should me atleast 50 by December

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum