FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Today at 9:27 am

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time to invest in real companies

+13
Harry82
Sstar
Slstock
aship
Monster
ControlFreak
$$$
PriyanDV
tubal
econ
mono
Chinwi
becool
17 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Time to invest in real companies Empty Time to invest in real companies Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:57 pm

becool

Stock Trader

After reading investnow.lk for a couple of months, in a way I think what has happend should be justified.

Promoting stocks went out of control and my patience ran out after reading about PCH.
Trying to brand it as the next big thing in IT, what false infomation. Far as I am concerned it's more like a photo copy/ telecommunication shop and all this things that is going to happen was bunch of bullshit. Even if it happened it would be of at low quality and one again full of bullshit.

Should stop talking about these useless comapnies and
We need to concentrate on true value comapnies such as JKH, NDB, DFCC, SPEN, RICH, AHUN, HNB, SAMP, LOLC, CARS, SLT, AHPL, COMB, NTB and SEYB.

PCH would be suited to carry out a canteen in these organizations.

Hope this situation would improve the quality of discussions.

2Time to invest in real companies Empty Re: Time to invest in real companies Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:05 am

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

We tried to give fair valuation to the stocks as we know.

All went wrong when some shares were promoted in well organized and well supported way but in a naked manner.

There were some clues about these elements but we could not and did not want to talk openly.

I saw ControlFreak also identified and hinted about this 2-3 days ago. (in investnowlk)

3Time to invest in real companies Empty Re: Time to invest in real companies Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:23 am

mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics

It is not even worth talking at this point. I hope our folks made their millions on this.

4Time to invest in real companies Empty Re: Time to invest in real companies Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:42 am

econ

econ
Global Moderator

In my opinion,
RICH,JKH,hemas,Heylis are better in diversify holding sector.
SEYB,NTB,NDB,SAMP are in Banks.
JINS,SEMB,CFVF,LOLC are in non banking other financial sector.
CSEC,COCO are in investment trust sector.
RCL,CLPL,SIRA,GLASS in the manufacturing sector.

5Time to invest in real companies Empty Re: Time to invest in real companies Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:52 am

tubal

becool wrote:Promoting stocks went out of control and my patience ran out after reading about PCH. Trying to brand it as the next big thing in IT, what false infomation. Far as I am concerned it's more like a photo copy/ telecommunication shop.

Exactly! Several times, I said this is not a bloody IT company and got shouted at. This is just a hardware retailer. This should be compared with other retailers. Just because a company is listed in the IT sector does not make it an IT company.

Government pushing for IT sector growth means growth for software companies. The bigger software companies always buy branded computers direct from the agent.

6Time to invest in real companies Empty Re: Time to invest in real companies Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:08 am

becool

Stock Trader

The most important thing is to give the correct information to the new investor. A new person comming in might think names like PCH are the real thing in this stock market. They might have not even heard of JKH,SPEN,HNB,COMB,NDB etc. They might get totally lost after reading these articles, and invest thier hard earn money and loose in a major way.

If you have gone overseas you will see 100 of shops like PCH everywhere, they simply sell computer parts and accessaries. They are not IT companies, they are shops. They are not supposed to be listed in stock exchanges, they are simply just retail shops. So why would someone invest in such. The answer is wrong information. The concept of IT comapanies should be explained. To give you an idea in Sri Lanka Virtusa, MIT, JKH Computer services are reputed IT comapanies. When they decide to list that is truly a apportunity not to be missed. But I don't think that they will list in CSE since they have strong overseas connections.

As I said earlier look at fundamentaly very strong companies which you can trust, that will have known strong growth potential, also learn to interpret financial data. Go for companies who have leaders with dignity, who are honest and truthfull, educated.

7Time to invest in real companies Empty Re: Time to invest in real companies Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:53 am

mono

mono

well......

90% of people who were pushing PCH didn't seem to know much about IT or computers.

8Time to invest in real companies Empty Re: Time to invest in real companies Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:55 am

PriyanDV

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Still we don't know what is behind in PCH .Still investors r chasing it Can't figure-out y is that . some times Financial report will tell the story .. w ll wait still
cheers Razz

9Time to invest in real companies Empty The story Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:56 am

$$$

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Yeah I'm waiting to see the financials as well ....I doubt it the financials to be released will justify the current price ..the justification is, as mentioned before speculation and manipulation. In short PCH will get in to the soft ware business...PCh is in to BPO and will take over all Indian BPO's and then take over the world from there. Finally they will partner Richard Branson in sending all their Share Holders to Space (to be forgotten for eternity ).

As much I appreciate growth we have to see tangible results . PCH might over come all this and become the next best thing but we need to see the results, the plan and strategy not mere rhetoric. Until then it's a fairy tale story. Good example would be BFL. They have slowly but surely backed their meteoric rise by sound financials.

PCH is like GREG TO Be seen .....Until then the share price to me is not Justified end of story

10Time to invest in real companies Empty Passive remarks on BFL, PCH Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:30 pm

ControlFreak

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

I also agree with chinwi and Mono 100%, MV went a bit too with the push.
And.. some members I feel had been doing day trading with PCH and could not come out strongly to air their views. We as members and investors have to safe guard the majority of new comer. If we let the market crash (It wont) but a few companies shares going wonky would ruin the show.

And investor confidence will take time.

11Time to invest in real companies Empty Re: Time to invest in real companies Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:33 pm

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

I have analyzed PCH and highlighted the value of PCH in investnow two weeks before. I have never invested on PCH. Many new investors invested blindly on PCH, expecting it WILL perform well in the future.

PCH is not a bad company to invest if it is below 15/-. They have started in 10 x 10 feet shop in Unity Plaza with capital of just US$ 28,000 in 1997 and grown up to the listed firm in CSE. They are leading in computer hardware and accessories sector. They have the software arm; Greenwich Lanka (Pvt) Limited (http://www.greenwichlanka.com), which is took over by PCH few years back. I am sure they will have growth in the long run. But we cannot expect miracle in short run.

12Time to invest in real companies Empty Re: Time to invest in real companies Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:46 pm

Monster

Monster

econ wrote:In my opinion,
RICH,JKH,hemas,Heylis are better in diversify holding sector.
SEYB,NTB,NDB,SAMP are in Banks.
JINS,SEMB,CFVF,LOLC are in non banking other financial sector.
CSEC,COCO are in investment trust sector.
RCL,CLPL,SIRA,GLASS in the manufacturing sector.

I would like to add few more to the list,

LFIN in non banking Financial sector
UML, DIMO in motor sector
AHUN, MARA in hotel sector
PAP, HPWR in power & energy sector

13Time to invest in real companies Empty Time to invest in real companies Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:31 pm

aship

aship
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Hi all,
NTB reported a good profitability in the sept 10 quarter and Dec 10 quarter profit also will be good according to the nature of the industry. But, the price is stagnated.
Pls give your view on this.
Also, pls tell about warrents of NTB?
Thanks

14Time to invest in real companies Empty Re: Time to invest in real companies Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:43 pm

tubal

Monster wrote:

Out of the two motors shares you have listed, I think DIMO is the better of the two. UML has already gone up by about 75-80% in the short term. It's results are out and we know what they are. On the other hand DIMO has appreciated only about 45% It's results should be out soon and it would be at least as good as UMLs (judging solely by the number of new Mercedes on the road. Have you seen any new BMWs or Audis? well yeah one or two right? but there are loads of new mercs running around)

aship wrote:Also, pls tell about warrents of NTB?

I suspect that these warrants are the very reason that the price of NTB-N does not rise any higher. When the warrants are exercised the number of shares in existence increases, which in turn dilutes the EPS.

15Time to invest in real companies Empty Re: Time to invest in real companies Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:17 am

Monster

Monster

tubal wrote:
Monster wrote:

Out of the two motors shares you have listed, I think DIMO is the better of the two. UML has already gone up by about 75-80% in the short term. It's results are out and we know what they are. On the other hand DIMO has appreciated only about 45% It's results should be out soon and it would be at least as good as UMLs (judging solely by the number of new Mercedes on the road. Have you seen any new BMWs or Audis? well yeah one or two right? but there are loads of new mercs running around)

I suspect that these warrants are the very reason that the price of NTB-N does not rise any higher. When the warrants are exercised the number of shares in existence increases, which in turn dilutes the EPS.

Why I am holding UML is, they produced 175% QoQ growth in 3Q. They should be able to maintain the sales in the future as well. In the current market price PER is 16. I agree, it has appreciated after the interim report, but still it's better hold it for the long run.

16Time to invest in real companies Empty Re: Time to invest in real companies Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:05 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Tubal wrote:I suspect that these warrants are the very reason that the price of NTB-N does not rise any higher. When the warrants are exercised the number of shares in existence increases, which in turn dilutes the EPS.

Though there is something in what Tubal says , there are only (roughly) 20 Mil shares of Warrants compared 200 Mil NTB.N. So thats only about 10%. With warrant conversion rate added ( Rs 35) I cannot see a massive dilution to the share EPS compared to many other companies with higher warrant issues. NTB should do well Dec quarter and especially the budget benefits should further kick in in March.

With a finance bank rally ( if it happens) NTB warrants are bound to go up with NTB.N. But we still did not see a major bank rally. Warrant can bring you higher gain than the share.

Having said that , I believe the warrant conversion to happen sometime end of february. So before then if bank rally happens it will go up. If a bank rally does not happen it might be advisable to dispose them as Warrants usually trade with a small premium to share price.

By the way I hold NTB.W.

17Time to invest in real companies Empty Re: Time to invest in real companies Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:51 am

Sstar

Sstar

Lets identify and invest in real companies.

18Time to invest in real companies Empty Re: Time to invest in real companies Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:14 am

Harry82

Harry82

Samp
CDB
RCL
NTB
VFIN
DIST
LFIN
CWM
Alli

19Time to invest in real companies Empty Re: Time to invest in real companies Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:50 pm

Balanced_Views

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

HHL
TKYO
TJL

3 best shares

20Time to invest in real companies Empty Re: Time to invest in real companies Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:01 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

I like HHL out of the Lot Smile
This for based on Future ......

TKYO TJL based current valuations i think have reached maximum, therefor MoS on this is very narrow.
So i would wait for Bargain  Laughing 

If you Holding Cost is very low, its ok to HOLD, But if you have bought recently, i think you need to reassess the Holding ......

Shark

21Time to invest in real companies Empty Re: Time to invest in real companies Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:02 pm

stevenapple

Harry82 wrote:Samp
CDB
RCL
NTB
VFIN
DIST
LFIN
CWM
Alli

Harry I've got 6 out of 8.

22Time to invest in real companies Empty Re: Time to invest in real companies Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:03 pm

stevenapple

SHARK wrote:I like HHL out of the Lot Smile
This for based on Future ......

TKYO TJL based current valuations i think have reached maximum, therefor MoS on this is very narrow.
So i would wait for Bargain  Laughing 

If you Holding Cost is very low, its ok to HOLD, But if you have bought recently, i think you need to reassess the Holding ......

Shark

Some foriegn activity is also seen.

23Time to invest in real companies Empty Re: Time to invest in real companies Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:14 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Arent all these companies are REAL  Question 

24Time to invest in real companies Empty Re: Time to invest in real companies Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:43 am

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

We get real companies almost all the sectors in the CSE. Because they will have businesses for their products and services for the next 10 to 20 years. People are going to do banking for the next 10 years at least. They are going to eat and drink. They are going to have things they need. In good and bad times people cannot postpone drinking and eating. People need infrastructure facilities as well. Older people will have different things. They will look for new healthy stuff in the future. Good luck

25Time to invest in real companies Empty Re: Time to invest in real companies Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:24 pm

Harry82

Harry82

Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum