FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by Biggy Today at 12:09 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are you still in trouble?

+8
prabath
Tiger
amilaela
raa
gaya
nkalansu
aj
Stockmate
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Are you still in trouble? Empty Are you still in trouble? Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Stockmate

Manager - Equity Analytics

I am not. I believed in my technicals. I followed them and took action at the correct time. I reveled them in this forum. But some gave me a nasty dressing down. So am not publishing ay thing i this forum. My technicals saved me so far.

2Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:54 pm

aj

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Then why did you publish this?

3Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:53 pm

nkalansu

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Are you based on Technical Analysis or Fundamental Analysis?

4Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:00 pm

Stockmate

https://i.servimg.com/u/f46/16/66/37/07/asinex10.png

5Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:04 pm

Stockmate

I have simplified the story with above chart. A bear market rally is imminent. You will get a chance to recover losses/Minimize losses and exit. There is always people to jump in to trouble. So they will buy your shares

6Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:10 pm

gaya

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Anyone can proved past using technicals like astrologists do.. If u are so talented mention here wt will happen next 2 months... when we can have old gold days..??

7Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:20 pm

aj

Thank you for posting.
I wanted ask somebody who know technicals, how does these support lines etc. work with "good news". For example when there is a credit relaxation, rule change, SEC removal, etc the market moves up due to that and back down again. How does those things work with techincals?

I haven't checked anything but do those bull runs coincide with good news?

By the way there is a bull run just before the yellow rectangle too. Is it different?

8Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:41 pm

raa

Very informative Stockmate. + reps...

The graph was a super effort by you and I agree, however I feel that this bear run will not fall to the support level around 5600-5700. Instead it might bounce off at the same level as the previous low (between 5800 and 5900) and show a double dip chart pattern. This might be temporary as I'm taking into account any sporadic bouts of buying that may take place end of this year and the start of the next.

You may be right about two more bear market rallies, I don't really have an opinion about that. However given how each bear run is longer than the last...this could be a steeper fall if and until volumes and buying returns to the market.

9Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:43 pm

raa

Technicals do not work with "news" per se. How news affects the market translates into buying momentum and volumes which are measurable quantities which can be interpreted by technical analysis. The problem being that, they are as open to interpretation as reading a company's financials or debating how solvent a company is.

10Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:54 pm

amilaela

amilaela

thankssssssssss

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001851586843

11Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:59 pm

Tiger

Tiger

Thanks for posting Stockmate.

I will just wait another 12 days and see what will happen. According to me only factor that can cause a another bear run is escalation of Europe crisis. I think such factors cannot be predicted in a technical analysis.

I think there is more room for ASI to drop given the fact that there are many overvalued counters, but still there are good companies up for grabs at fairly good value. So at the moment I am more concerned about the companies earnings quality than the market direction.

Over past one month I have increased my PF by 3 times. I think all value investors should not be worried into getting into positions now. The downside risk is very minimal compared to upside potential when compared with 6months back.

12Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:46 pm

prabath

Tiger wrote:Thanks for posting Stockmate.

I will just wait another 12 days and see what will happen. According to me only factor that can cause a another bear run is escalation of Europe crisis. I think such factors cannot be predicted in a technical analysis.

I think there is more room for ASI to drop given the fact that there are many overvalued counters, but still there are good companies up for grabs at fairly good value. So at the moment I am more concerned about the companies earnings quality than the market direction.

Over past one month I have increased my PF by 3 times. I think all value investors should not be worried into getting into positions now. The downside risk is very minimal compared to upside potential when compared with 6months back.
Bearish tiger always coming with negative things.Isn't your bags full yet??????????????????????

13Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:18 pm

Tiger

Tiger

[quote="prabath"]
Tiger wrote:Thanks for posting Stockmate.
Bearish tiger always coming with negative things.Isn't your bags full yet??????????????????????

LOL, in fact I have been bearish some time back, now changing the course that is why I said I have increased my PF dramatically. What I have been telling all this time is that ASI around 6000 is value for money BUT NOT FOR ALL COUNTERS. There is lot of noise and biased analysis in the market so I have been cautioning as I understand the situation.

I am neutral on the market direction at the moment and I don't believe the market to hit 6500 anytime soon. As I understand market need only TIME not credit or rule changes, any changes right now will be detrimental to long term health of the Mkt.

More importantly I am looking at EU developments since any escalation can cause the whole world to a grinding halt. In such an event I don't know where would CSE end up, remember we still depend on Tourism to pick up to justify Hotel sector high valuations.

Tiger wrote: I am clearing my PF...
by Tiger on Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:30 pm
I am clearing even my long term counters and moving to defensive stocks. The whole world is gearing for a global slowdown and SL may not be immune to that. Current market valuations are not up for value for money.

I am not always negative my friend, if you go back to my earlier posts in June'11 you can see that I was expecting a prolong bull run towards 2012-2015. But any artificial interventions will temporarily up the market and will kill it long term.

And finally my bag is not full as yet, happy hunting like a real tiger.

14Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:31 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Interesting Stockmate. I like your analysis.

15Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:53 pm

gaya

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

gaya wrote:Anyone can proved past using technicals like astrologists do.. If u are so talented mention here wt will happen to ASI in next 2 months... when we can have old gold days (ASI above 7000)..??

@ stockmate no answer for me... Waiting for you...

16Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Light of Hope

Vice President - Equity Analytics

good one stockmate, please keep posting your analysis

@raa the ASI did fall to 5700 before the market was halt

17Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:03 pm

Stockmate

Gamaya
Find and read my previous posts. Then you will find that I had predicted the present situations months ago. I have told earlier that I started emptying my PF since last June. By August I had nothing in my PF. I did only some swing trading. Administrators may help to find my old posts.

The market is falling at a rate of about 125 ASI units per month. Then in two months the support will be 5800-250= 5650. In six months it will be around 5100. The peak in the next bear market rally will be around 6400-6600. It differ with time.
Now the market has corrected enough. But lot of factors keeping the investor confidence down.
Technicals help us to play safely not accurately. You can not technically analyse today and depend on it for months. Technicals always change. You have to analyze again and again and see the movement.
Things may change any moment.
If you are a long term investor it is time to collect.

18Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:06 pm

Stockmate

Gamaya
Read my previous post about Twisting of Moving Average Ribbon. I don't know how to find old posts

19Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:30 pm

Stockmate

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t7270-most-critical-time-for-ushttp://forum.srilankaequity.com/t7270-most-critical-time-for-us

ttp://forum.srilankaequity.com/t7218-what-may-be-the-bottom

https://i.servimg.com/u/f46/16/66/37/07/market11.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f46/16/66/37/07/ribbon10.png
https://i.servimg.com/u/f46/16/66/37/07/ribbon11.png
https://i.servimg.com/u/f46/16/66/37/07/ribbon13.png
https://i.servimg.com/u/f46/16/66/37/07/ribbon14.png

20Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:00 am

manula

Good post Stockkmate it is very good. No one can predict any thing happen according to news. It is a probabilty only. So graph will give the technical idea. (theory and practical)

21Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:56 am

Stockmate

More details of Moving Average ribbon indicator that saved my money by exiting at right time.

here.https://i.servimg.com/u/f46/16/66/37/07/asirib15.png

22Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:19 am

raa

This is honestly one of the most productive threads I have read in a long time. Thank you Stockmate. Very Happy

Are there any other indicators you use as well? You've highlighted moving averages, trend lines, and chart patterns which are visual technical indicators.

23Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:09 am

kas

kas

Good Work Stockmate

24Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:12 am

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Good analysis, but I have a question(may be stupid one).

All these charts are drawn once the event is over and interpretation of the past data is easy, but how can one forcast the future accurately using past data? Of course the probability of accuracy is higher with well interpreted past data.

Any way thank you all for taking time off your bussy scheduls to educate us.

25Are you still in trouble? Empty Re: Are you still in trouble? Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:12 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Stockmate, you were following the ASI trend. There are other indices such as company specific, sector specific and also MI. ?Do you follow the trends of those indices as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum